What's your opinion on beauty pageants like Miss World and Miss Universe?

When I was a kid, my best friend and I were obsessed with beauty pageants, and made sure to watch all of the ones that were on TV.
It was fun to choose our top favorite contestants and hope they’d win. We’d even dress up our Barbies as the contestants and pretend to answer the questions.
As I got older, it made me sad to realize that all of the beauty pageant contestants were over 5’7 (1.70m). I’m 1.55m. I thought… “I’ll never get to be in a pageant because I’m not tall enough.” (I did participate in kid/preteen beauty pageants up until the age of 13. There were no height requirements, though).

So, what do you think of pageants? Have you ever watched them?

3 Likes

Yes! Miss Universe with my mom mostly. We’d each get a notebook and write down our favorites, our predictions, our scores, and judges scores. It was a lot of fun!
I see the pageants as mostly a good thing. I feel like they can help open doors for the women participating, help boost their own confidence, etc.

1 Like

True crime. Miss Mexico in the 1920’s murdered her husband because he had another wife without the women’s knowledge. I’ve been watching too much Brief Case

1 Like

I like them.
I’ve been to like 3 or 4 beauty pageants.
I think I won like 2 of them?

I love them!

I don’t really like any pageants. I feel like people shouldn’t get money and scholarships just for being pretty. Plus, I feel like the stress the pageant circuit puts your mind and body through negates any empowerment it provides.

1 Like

What about modelling?

1 Like

Pretty much the same opinion. Being pretty shouldn’t be a job, and it shouldn’t be so hard and stressful.

1 Like

It’s not exactly being pretty.

1 Like

I know, but… you know what I mean :neutral_face:

1 Like

But it’s just my opinion either way, so you can ignore me~

1 Like

@BeautyEssentials What’s your opinion on beauty pageants?

2 Likes

I like em ~

2 Likes

They’re meh (shrugs)

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity