When did you start using makeup?

I don’t remember when exactly I started using makeup, I just know I was young. It was always something I was really interested in and wanted to learn. In high school I’d wear it almost every day…

4 Likes

About age 9 or something

1 Like

Like 6th grade?? I still don’t know how to apply eyeliner it’s cool :+1:t5:

2 Likes

same though

1 Like

Bruh it’s so hard :sob: like how do ppl do it-

1 Like

I know right- it always gets inside my eyes

1 Like

I stopped trying forever ago-
Anyway to not be off topic-
Yeah I started in 6th grade but I was always interested in it from a early age but my strict parents were like no u cant use it and I was like ok-

1 Like

I think I was six or seven. I did a lot of dance when I was younger, so when we had our recitals, my mom would put foundation and mascara on me. I started doing my own makeup when I was 14.

Highschool for graduation :thinking:
Only face powder at the time I used :joy:
I was never interested in makeup then and I’m still not interested in it now

When I was around 14.

The students in our grade had to volunteer for school theatre and since I was pretty stage-frightened to come on stage, I gave my name for “makeup-helpers” and that’s when my mum taught me the basics of makeup. Rest I learnt from YouTube :ok_hand:

1 Like

Never I’m still not allowed to lmfao
I don’t have the energy to put time into it anyways and it’s not like i even leave the house in recent times

3 Likes

I don’t remember very well, but I think I was in the sixth grade when I started using makeup.
Internet beauty tutorials didn’t exist at the time, so I didn’t really know how to apply it too well, and I don’t even remember if I used it often or only on special occasions.

Never.

I think I was six or seven when I first had makeup on my face. It was for a school event. But technically, I’m not the one who used makeup to apply it on my face :thinking:

So if we’re going by that, I think I first started using makeup on my own by the time I was 17

I got my first makeup kit in the 6th grade, but I started playing around with it since I was about 7-8

Never.

i think i first used it when i was seven or eight, but i don’t really actually wear it out and it still hasn’t become a part of my daily routine

I started using it in 7th grade. I’ve used it when i was a lot younger as a toy, but around 7th grade was when i started considering using it in my daily routine

I used to hate makeup.
I was that child, the one that rolled their eyes every time they saw someone who used a lot. The one who said things like: “I like my natural skin” or “I just don’t like wearing makeup because it makes you look fake”

Anyways, I’ve grown out of that opinion, thankfully.
I started using makeup when I was around 11, but it was strictly eyeshadow and mascara only, maybe with a bit of lip gloss. I never really felt comfortable in the stuff (dysphoria and sensory issues), but hey, I pushed myself because all the ‘socially successful’ kids did it so obviously I needed to.
I got into more makeuppy stuff when I was around 13 :]
Eyeliner, concealer, foundation - all that sorta stuff. Today, I don’t rlly wear all that much makeup. I love the idea of it. I love the feeling of brushes on my face (only if I’m in control of them, which was the problem when I was younger. My mother kept trying to do it for me and sensory issues just did a nope) All that being said, looking at myself in the mirror with makeup on is just a huge trigger for my dysphoria, and I end up rubbing it all off again eventually :grimacing:
Sometimes, when I’m feeling more feminine, it’s ok. Otherwise tis a nope.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity