When was the first time you heard your favorite songs?

BTW, this is not a staff task. It’s just a topic I thought of while I was making breakfast 20 minutes ago.

I’m pretty sure most of you already know that my nephews introduced me to Sunflower.
But with Circles, the first time I heard it was on an Instagram story. An Episode editor/background creator put up a question sticker asking for songs that were popular during our middle school years, and someone actually submitted ‘Circles’, so the OP was like… ‘It doesn’t count if it just came out five months ago’. I was like, “Oh, it’s by the guy that sings Sunflower, so maybe it’s good.” And the few seconds I heard of it was good.
So, I looked it up on YouTube and liked it immediately, and it’s been a year and a half since then…

When and where did you first hear your favorite songs?
@Music

5 Likes

On YouTube…?

Music videos, I think…

Youtube recommendations, instagram reels/edits, radio stations.
Sometimes I even look up on YouTube searching videos about “top songs this week/month” and I just select some favourites and hear them.

My favorite songs right now are dionysus and mikrokosmos (both by BTS), obviously I found it on Youtube

OH WAIT I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD THIS QUESTION-

Through a youtube video

My younger sister was going to watch my baby cousin, and they had a dance party with my mom. My sister heard this song (Jenny from the Block) and was singing it nonstop. She finally, (like, days later) looked it up for me and we listened to it. I honestly didn’t like it at first :joy: but after like a month, one day I looked it up again and now I like it for some reason

1 Like

With Helena by mcr I was just getting into the band so I decided to listen to their most popular songs first, Helena is one of their biggest so I put on the music video and fell in love

Closed due to inactivity