Which Episode guideline do you hate the most?

Although most authors complain about not being able to write steamy, R-rated scenes, for me, the guideline that really irritates me is the one about not including brand names, celebrities, and all that, due to copyright reasons. Although you CAN briefly mention liking a type of food, movie, brand, or celebrity, I’m always worried that I’m pushing it if I mention it more than once. So many authors invent fictional names for restaurants, movies, artists, etc., in order to avoid that.

What’s your least favorite guideline?
@Episodians

6 Likes

Well, that actually makes sense due to copyright.

2 Likes

Yeah… it’s better to change the names if it’s going to be mentioned more than once. I mean, I do get it, but sometimes I forget. :joy:

2 Likes

Epiflix. :joy:

2 Likes

It annoys me too, though I believe it’s 'cause it is a U.S company and mentioning that stuff over there in paid things means paying hugely to mention/use it. Anything they don’t have the right for on screen, they blur or cover up. It’s actually kinda hilarious really.

2 Likes

Exactly. The only guideline that makes sense.

It’s still a stupid one. It just goes to show how much of America is controlled by capitalism. Given that you have to pay to use things like that. Seriously, so long as it’s no put in a poor light, just be f**king happy that you have free advertising.

3 Likes

I think the one that annoys me is that you can’t show death or anything even close to death. It sort of makes sense, but at the same time, death is part of life. So…

3 Likes

Uh…people literally get shot, though. And there are funerals. :joy:

2 Likes

That happens in real life too…I don’t get why it can’t be showed in Episode (if it is graphic, then I understand why we can’t show it).

1 Like

Exactly! That guideline is stupid!

1 Like

It is. Especially because an overlay or custom pose can be rejected just because there is blood (depending on the amount of blood).

1 Like

Pfft-

1 Like

I’ve had it done before. :sweat_smile:

It really sucks. Anyway, that is the one guideline I don’t like.

That you can’t have it be in the perspective of a child… like I understand it to an extent because it’s a PG-13 app but I’ve had one story I had to change because it starts off in the lense of a child and then she slowly grows up.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this too.

1 Like

This is a tiny one, but the no cursing rule… people curse in real life! This isn’t a k-drama!

4 Likes

Ughh that annoys me that guideline.

Swearing adds more flavour to writing.

3 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

Episode has clearly messed up.

Funny how they go preaching about how it’s wrong to glorify toxic love interests yet they brown nose authors such as Miss MJ, Cindy Gaultier and other stuck up authors out there.

I wish Episode would ban makeover stories as these kind of stories damage people’s self esteem.

3 Likes