Which historical event do you enjoy the most learning about?

I’m going to be honest here. I actually enjoy learning about the American Revolution. I like reading what happened from both sides. There are some points that I don’t think people realized that we were partial in the wrong just as much as the British. I’m not justifying what happened during that time but there were a lot of issues that could have been calmed down if we had just stopped and thought about it. The least favorite event is the Civil War but that’s just because it’s been drilled into my head so much that I just don’t enjoy learning about it sadly. The war was necessary to have because it abolished slavery but the fact we had to resort to war to settle this sh*t is shameful. The Civil War went over more than just slavery though.

Which historical event do you enjoy the most learning about? Why does it perk your interest?

@Discussions

3 Likes

Um idkkkk

1 Like

Is the theme history this week?

1 Like

Honestly, the Holocaust. I know it’s terrible, but it’s just so morbidly fascinating. It’s absolutely disgusting what happened, and may it never happen again. As someone with German heritage, I’m embarrassed even though it was so long ago.

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. I’m kind of the same way about that as well.

2 Likes

Apparently, Hitler was actually a vegetarian.

2 Likes

oooo and he fought in WW1! He may have had a Jewish cousin but I think Germany rejected him from being a soldier in ww1 so he join Britain. I could very well be mixing up the countries.

This is only interesting to me, I don’t mean this in any harsh way, just sharing something interesting I learned and just remembered :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2::confounded::raised_back_of_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah, he was in WWI.

2 Likes

I agree with you. I was always so interested to learn something new about it.

2 Likes

I was kinda sad we didn’t talk about it while talking about WWI. Wasn’t even mentioned.

2 Likes

Oh right, I think I remember hearing about that.

1 Like

Come to think about it, we didn’t discuss it in school either the second time I learned it. The first time we barely got into the war and the second time was more in depth

They didn’t cover a lot on certain events that needed more elaboration.

1 Like

Yeah. We need to know so that it never happens again. Seeing the pictures is…oh man. I wonder if the survivors were terrified of showers after…

1 Like

Exactly! You only repeat certain histories because it isn’t properly taught. This type of teaching would make sure that people learned from their mistakes.

1 Like

I know there’s a quote about it. It was something along the lines of “those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it”

1 Like

Yep, that’s it exactly!

1 Like

Sweet

1 Like

Yep!