Which song describes your character best?

Music can be a very good way to find inspiration. There are so many genres and songs that there are songs for every type of character you’re making.

Personally I use music a lot while writing, and when I get stuck on a post for a certain character, I have a song for each of them that either represents them, or shows a vibe I need.

I’m not going to cover all my characters in this post but will give a few examples before posting the others below if you’re interested in all of them.

FTD

My first character I will show the song of is Dark from FTD.

Dark is the son of Count Olaf of the Raveleijn story in the Netherlands. Olaf was an evil wizard and after being exiled from Raveleijn he used magic to create a son: Oliver (aka Dark).

Dark is a kind and softhearted and a solidified form of pure magic but sometimes loses the control over the magic he is made of. When he loses his control, he becomes the pure hatred of which he was created.

For Dark I have 2 songs:

1. Man or a Monster - Sam Tinnesz ft. Zayde Wolf

This song is exactly what Stable Dark feels about his unstable side or more exact, himself. So to those who will have an interaction with Dark, don’t be surprised if I quote some of these lyrics because for me they are spot on. especially the line “In those hands is a touch that can heal, but in those same hands is the power to kill”

1. Don’t speak - Hidden Citizens

This one is a cover, but the vibe I get from this version fits really well with how Unstable Dark feels about Stable Dark since Stable Dark is trying to gain full control so Unstable Dark will disappear. While listening to this song imagine someone with pure hatred and the understanding that he’s too strong to be stopped, speak of this.

To stay in the same rp, I also want to show Nyana’s song. She’s a sweet girl who loves to song.

When I looked for songs for her, I found this artist and unlike Dark’s songs, the lyrics are irrelevant. This artist is:

Julia Westlin.

She fits Nyana’s voice perfectly and so I claimed her as the voice claim as well, but so far every song she originally made would be songs Nyana could sing. The calm atmosphere in the songs fit Nyana so well that they work very well while making posts as her. The lyrics themselves have nothing to do with Nyana, which is why I wanted to show you how else you can use songs.

Westeria

The last 2 songs I want to show are for my character Charlia from the Westeria rp. These songs again serve a different purpose of which music can fit your character.

Charlia is a cat-like creature I called a Costoterra. They are known as the guardians of the land and usually live in solitude deep in nature so they are very free-spirited.

The first song is instrumental. It’s what I use while actually writing her posts where she is alone or at least enjoying running around nature. Just listening to the music gets me into the magical vibes. Running around nature while the sun is slowly rising. Slowly turning the morning forest into a shade of gold while the animals are waking up and a bit of morning fog is making the rays of sun visible while charlia is running around. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (as you can see, yes this really sets me in the mood)

The other one is:

The Voice - Celtic Woman.

I use this song as the inspiration for what will be the ritual incantation to summon the ancestors of the Costoterra mighty guardians who grands the blessing to be an official guardian.

@RPers, Which song describes your character best?

This can be just a vibe, a though, or a moment in their life.

4 Likes
The other characters I have songs for are:

2x2 PM rp:

Regan:
Sweet girl, had a lot of hard things in her life, fatherless, homeless, full of scars. But she found love and a light to make her stronger.

Hazel:
A broken girl, she also been through a lot and like Regan, found a love to help her change.

Jace:
Very protective of his girlfriend, he always puts her on the #1 spot.

Las Levendas

Genosta:
First song is how he used to think, the second song is about his inner thoughts of Archer (@bpalmer)

Westeria

Bryn:
this is just his vibe.

Avian:
Avian is very strong about standing up against the enemy (Seleniums) and this would be his way of speaking to a group of people to keep hope.

Eulalia:
Sweet girl, also just the vibes.

2 Likes

Those are really fitting and good!!

1 Like

Thanks, music has always been something that helped me with my creativity haha

1 Like

added a couple tags

I’ll have to think on this some, but at least for FTD, Téo and Marie’s Marc and César kind of combine to do a whole Hamilton Satisfied sorta thing :relieved:

1 Like

Oh yes. I’d have to think it through a little better, but in Westeria, let’s see :sparkles:

Colombe: In My Life from Les Misérables could fit, removing the idea about falling in love and replacing it with finding actual hope that she could survive.

Peter: probably Nyan cat or something of the sort. Oh, actually, there’s a French song titled Désenchantée by Mylène Farmer which would absolutely suit him. California by Airborne Toxic Event could also fit a specific part of his life and his own perception of the world.

And English translation of the French one

Swimming in the troubled waters
Of forthcoming days
Waiting here for the end
Floating in the too heavy air
Of the almost nothing
To whom should we hold out our hands

If I must fall from high
Let my fall be slow
I haven’t found rest
But in indifference
And yet I would like to recover my innocence
But nothing makes sense anymore, and nothing’s fine

Everything is chaos
By comparison
All of my ideals:
Damaged words…
I’m looking for a soul
Who will be able to help me
I am from
A disenchanted generation,
Disenchanted

Who could keep me
From hearing everything
When reason collapses
Which way to turn
Who can pretend
To lull us in one’s womb

If death is a mystery
Life isn’t exactly tender
If heaven has an hell
Then heaven can still wait for me
Tell me,
How to handle this headwind
Nothing makes sense anymore, nothing’s fine

Everything is chaos
By comparison
All of my ideals:
Damaged words…
I’m looking for a soul
Who will be able to help me
I am from
A disenchanted generation,
Disenchanted

Miles: Ocean Wide by The Afters could portray his family life and relationship to Damien quite well ~

Margaux: Junoon by Cirque du Soleil does give off what I see as her vibe.

1 Like

closed due to inactivity