Which subjects did you go over this year?

Well, I dropped out of my college this year. I’m instead going for a Medical Coding and Billing course instead. I might go back to the graphic design at a later time though. Just right now, I want to focus on the coding class. At the moment, I’m on the Reimbursement Methodologies. It basically goes over the financial section of the class that interacts with the insurance companies. After this module, I will be taking the final exam for that first section of the class. I did go over Health Information Management, Healthcare delivery systems, the Legal section, and an option unit for computer knowledge. The first two-plus the computer modules were last year though. I still have 4 other sections to go through.

What subjects did you go over this year?

@Discussions

1 Like

Corona Virus… SIGH. Oh, wait, I wasn’t in school.

1 Like

Lol, I feel like everyone has been forced to go over that one now…

1 Like

Ha. Yeah, it’s sooo much fun… NOT!

1 Like

Lol exactly! Alright dark humor is done for now.

1 Like

In the field of social work there are different client group you can help. So during the first 2 years each semester has its own main subject.
Semester 1 we did adolescents(12-25), semester 2 we did children (0-12), then we did poverty and last semester was about elders.

And the main classes we had were:
Psychology, sociology, methodical workform and social security(rights)

2 Likes

Sounds like very interesting subjects! I’ve never looked into those subjects much to be honest.

1 Like

It really is, especially poverty was interesting because you learn there’s often more to it.

I had to do an interview with a woman who’s ex husband had beaten her up, and so she ended up in the hospital. She has long lasting psychological trauma and suddenly had to care for her 2 kids and dog on her own without having an house.

She then got fired from her job because she could no longer be flexible and people couldn’t see that things were wrong with her (because it was psychical so she had ‘invisible damage’ and other jobs didn’t take that into an account even when informed.

The Netherlands is known as a wealthy country and in all honesty, if you’re not aware of it, you could think we don’t have poverty in the netherlands.

So hearing those stories was wild and eye opening.

(she was very positive btw despite her sotuation, saying that it is just a period they will get out of and that it’s a good life lesson for her kids to take nothing for granted)

1 Like

This semester I had history of art (renaissance and gothic), scenography, furniture design, light design, interior design (we’re not learning anything, just doing one project per semester :upside_down_face:), 3dsmax, poster design

This year, I studied film, drama, French, Japanese and linguistics. In film, we talked about how what’s physically shown on screen can have a larger meaning and we also did a bit of a dive into theories like psychoanalysis and queer theory. In drama, we talked about how theatre can influence all parts of our lives and what makes theatre as an art form unique. With my language courses, French was more about using the language and a little bit of expanding vocabulary whereas Japanese was actually starting from the beginning and teaching the language (we learned each of the three writing systems as well as vocabulary, grammar and culture). Linguistics covered topics like how grammar works, how words are formed and then later in the year, we covered topics like semantics and language acquisition.

@Students - what did you cover in school this year?

I’ll just go over what we did in Literature:

We started working on our essays for college (that like get you into college and stuff) while simultaneously reading gothic fiction and leading to eventually read Dracula.

We finished our essays, read Dracula and then started reading a bunch of criticism for Dracula. Queer theory, gender studies, studies involving race, psychoanalytical, etc…

After that was done we did our massive poetry unit, from Shakespeare’s sonnets and 16th century poetry to now having just finished 19th century poetry.

And now with that done, we’re doing stuff involving plays and acts the rest of the year. We got I believe two short plays to read over the weekend and then we’ll start acting them out in class.

Oh wow that’s cool

:open_mouth:

I know this was a year ago but woah. Wish this was something I’d done when I was still in school. I’d actually enjoy it

1 Like

I was really lucky! I had an amazing English teacher who basically got free reign in what she taught.

by far my favorite was my math applications & analysis course. the coursework itself wasn’t anything special, but my teacher was just so cool and fun. i think some teachers forget that high school can be made to be fun, too :')

damn, i wish we’d read dracula. instead we got “weird guy that can smell really good so he kills virgins and makes their smell into perfume…” ;-;

1 Like