Which subjects do you think are not useful/needed anymore?

**hug **
*accidentally giggles * im afraid of balls

1 Like

Ok, that’s hilarious. I really hate it.

1 Like

probably sociology, it’s pretty boring

YES

1 Like

Also, English class is pretty useless after Middle School. :eyes: You never ever learn new stuff in English, I just don’t see the point in teaching it in High School. After middle school GET RID OF IT.

2 Likes

I have English in college!

1 Like

What is the point of that? :sob:

I don’t need to know how to write a rhetorical analysis!!!

1 Like

Maybe in non-english speaking countries it might be useful but otherwise WHAT’S THE POINT.

Art classes,french and geography aren’t that useful anymore in my opinion.

I think P.E. is important in its sole purpose to maintain the children’s body condition. What I disagree with that subject is when we are forced to learn and take an exam about exercises, locomotor movements, and other stuff like that. I personally think it’s useless because the children have little chance to make use of it in the future. If, in the future, the children will become a regular at the gym, I don’t think they would actually take the lessons they got from their grade school lol.

Also, as much as I love Art and Music, I don’t think they’re actually that useful to us along with Health. Health is useful, but the point of school is to learn something to be carried on to their lives and I don’t think having them memorize the food pyramid is necessary. They eat what their parents serve them, lemaw. As for the Art and Music, they develop a student’s talents but what if the students don’t just really have those talents? Imagine failing a class just because you can’t, no matter how much you try, push your skills just to get a decent grade. What I recommend for this is that students should be able to choose the class they’re going to and maybe that will become a more effective way of “developing a child’s skills.”

Yes! Everything is just repetitive! This just does not go with English, but in some other subjects as well. Sometimes, things just get complicated and I question their saying “it will help you in the future” like ma’am, you’re not even teaching us where specifically we are supposed to be able to apply them in real life. I get that they’re doing it so we won’t forget our beginnings and morals but why make it that complicated? cough math cough yes, this is just pure hatred, maybe

4 Likes

Honestly, I think all subjects are useful (specific classes on the other hand, I’m not so sure). It forces students to step out of their comfort zone and discover their own passions at a young age. You might not like it, but maybe you will?

3 Likes

glad we’re on the same side

2 Likes

I agree, but we shouldn’t we forced to take classes we don’t like or have no interest in either or we won’t learn anything :eyes:

3 Likes

Trueeee, but I think it’s state law or something for graduation requirements or whatever :star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

ew law :star_struck::star_struck::gun:

1 Like

Ikr what is that? :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I think it depends on what kind of school we’re talking about. For example, we have schools that focus on sports so you even have extra lessons for soccer or something. Student go to those schools because they want to get better at sports. It’s the same with religion classes, we still have them at almost every school, even if I think we don’t need them anymore because, at my school, we had a class that taught us the same things but from a more objective point of view. However, there are some very religious school who are built on those extra religion lessons

Closed due to inactivity