Who all has been caught in the Winter Storm in the U.S. this week?

So, those who are in the mid-west and southern states of the U.S. have been caught in a really bad winter storm. This is the third day of the storm in Tennessee. About 3.1 million do not have power across the country. Texas has gotten the brunt of the storm basically. We are expecting more snow and ice tonight which will make day 4 even worse. How is everyone coping? Are you stir crazy mode? Worked on homework? Done everything a thousand times?

@Discussions

2 Likes

We got dumped on in Canada, too. I love it, I love snow (as long as nobody gets hurt or dies). My power company made major upgrades a number of years ago and we haven’t had an outage for more than five or ten mins in years. It would be a drag to be without hydro esp. at this time of year.

I’m a homebody anyway so it’s no different. I only go out for medical appointments. We are supposed to get more snow Thurs and Fri and I have to go to the wound clinic Fri. Hopefully, my driver will be careful.

3 Likes

heyy, i got the sameeee. The snow’s still over here… but i didn’t realize people had died…

3 Likes

Yeah, we got snow and ice where I live. The main issue is we have a driveway that goes up. Also, they rarely salt my road until all the main roads have been salted. I have to go to work on Thursday so I’m hoping the roads will be okay to drive on.

I didn’t know people died either before looking the article up.

2 Likes

My gosh!! I live in a pretty snowy place but luckily we didn’t catch the storm. I hope you stay safe!

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, it was crazy since this is the most snow we’ve gotten in like 6-5 years. I hope I can make it to work tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s about to snow here in NYC tomorrow 🥲

1 Like

Stay safe then!

1 Like

I have. It’s not really that bad for where I live, but I hope nothing terrible happens-

1 Like

Yeah, it’s okay for me as well. I’m going to work tomorrow since it’s drivable now.

1 Like

Well North Carolina is just getting ice storm later tonight. But we have a snowstorm storms yet

2 Likes

At least, it’s just the ice for now. Both storms together are hard to deal with.

1 Like

True but I hope I don’t lose power because of ice.

1 Like

Wait, really?

1 Like

Yeah, I hope that doesn’t happen either.

Yep and ice storm is hitting North Carolina later tonight.

Yeah, North Carolina didn’t get the majority of the snowstorm due to it’s trajectory. The ice storm is the main hit for them right now.

1 Like

Well back in 2018 December 9 and 10 major winter storm dump 18” of snows. Every time you walk you sink.

1 Like

Yeah, I was just meaning the trajectory of this storm. North Carolina is known for getting snowstorms.

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like