Who is your go-to therapist?

Personally, I don’t have one.

Who is your go-to therapist? In other words, who do you almost always go to for advice, if anyone? Is there a specific reason why you go to them? Do you also have a therapist and talk to them as well?

@Discussions I’m curious.

1 Like

Myself? I don’t really open up. Is that bad?

I wouldn’t say so. But if there is some really damaging things you don’t speak about that possibly eats you up mentally, talking it out or writing about it, anyway to release the emotion or weight would help a lot. Buildup on such a thing can lead you to some really dark places.

1 Like

Yup. I hear you there. Sigh… I do try to talk to friends more though.

Friends. Though I always regret after I’ve calm down XD
I never talk to my parents tho. Thought they’ll never understand.
Sometimes I even talk to myself lol

And that’s a really good start. Don’t feel the need to jump right into telling them every acute detail. Take your time. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to keep doing it. And if anything, I’m here too.

1 Like

Although I do see a therapist once a week, my go-to therapist that I can always talk to about anything is my mom. I can always tell her how I’m feeling.

1 Like

Well… if you consider an online journal as a “therapist”, then yes. Sure it doesn’t talk back to me to give advice but that’s the best I can do for now during lockdown. At least I can vent (or in this case, “write”) down my problems somewhere and get a hang of it.

As for the advice part, I usually look to discord and quora websites. It’s hard to find someone to talk to during lockdown and my parents are already dealing with their own problems so I don’t bother them with my own :)

Closed due to inactivity