Who Likes Close-Quarters Combat Weaponry?

So I just did a post on action and fighting scenes and it got me thinking, I actually have a list of favourite weapons.

Might be a little weird, but hey. Martial arts nerd here. I may as well list them, and if anyone else has any favourites I’d love to hear it! They can be modern, fictional, anything!

Swords

Katana, the type of sword I know how to use, how can I not like it :eyes:

Claymore
The Scotsman in me needs to love a good claymore, they’re so big. And blunt.

I own a ninjato like this one! It may not look that different from a katana, and it shouldn’t. The only difference is it has a straight blade, katanas are curved!

Scimitar
Scimitars are cool

Polearms

Naginata are rad. They’re one of the most notoriously difficult weapons to master off of horseback due to how long they are, and because of the slim single-edged blade. They’re also commonly associated with women! And traditionally named by the feminine Japanese pronouns in certain sentences!

A guandao is basically the Chinese equivalent of the naginata. It’s just bigger, heavier and sometimes double-edged. It goes really well with wushu, though, which is obviously a plus.

Halberd
Halberds are great. Put an axe on a spear. You good

Other

Nunchaku
Nunchaku are the coolest weapons ever made. Bruce Lee uses them.

Kusarigama
I didn’t think these were real for a long time. Kusarigama, or chained sickles were an old ninja weapon. Because they liked to appropriate farm equipment and use it to stab people. These look pretty effective to me

4 Likes

me! I love close-quarters.

2 Likes

Gasp

Feel free to share any weapons or styles you llike :3

I have too many to count, tbh I’m such a combat nerd.

2 Likes

Medieval Weapons are my fav for close combat

image imageimage

2 Likes

I only recently started looking at axes and maces/mauls for my story but they’re so cool! I like flails too, though they kinda scare me what with the whole. Spiked ball on a chain thing.

I love swordplay of all kinds though. A nice longsword is soooo cool :smiley:

2 Likes

totally agree!

2 Likes

I love the Katana swords because when I watch Chinese movies, all sorts of close fighting scenes were shown that I enjoyed with the swords.

2 Likes

Katanas are Japanese I believe :grimacing:

3 Likes

what is the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JAPANESE AND CHINESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE XDDDDD

1 Like

Yeah >.<

I’ll let it pass, they’re in a lot of Chinese films. They like to beat up Japanese people

2 Likes
Oh no
2 Likes

And… I might move my “there’s more than one kind of Asian” post over to here :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Lol. @ShanniiWrites whats your fav close quarters. XD

2 Likes

I can use a katana, btw. The styles associated are kendo and kenjutsu and I have a black belt in kendo :eyes:

They’re hard to use

2 Likes

I know nothing about fighting, myself :stuck_out_tongue: apart from the fact that I always injure Chaotic when I don’t mean to :grimacing:

3 Likes

gassssssssssssssssssssssp

:scream:

2 Likes

I’m really dyspraxic, so a hug from me is like close-quarters combat!

3 Likes

Japan and China are…two different countries. :grin::blue_heart:

4 Likes

I like swords. :yum::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Really? No way

2 Likes