Who’s your favourite painter?

I quite like the work of van Rijn en van Gogh tbh. Looks like I’m biased a bit towards the Dutch classic painters :rofl: I also love Dali tho, just because he’s so creative and out of the box.

So, who are your favorite painters?

4 Likes

I’m not really into art and don’t know much about painters but I like some of Claude Monet’s paintings

1 Like

Leonardo. In Age Matters there’s a funny scene about him.

Oml, why did I think of Leonardo DiCaprio when I read that name :joy:

1 Like

IDK. Whose that? :lemon:

1 Like

You’ve never heard of him? He’s an actor

1 Like

Nope. I’m terrible at recogizing actors. :sweat:. I might know him from a movie I’ve watched. :lemon:

1 Like

I love Frida Kahlo. It’s so cool that she turned her tragic bus accident into an opportunity to learn a new skill. I find her fascinating. I went to her house in Mexico City and try to see her exhibits when and wherever I can!

3 Likes

Ohh, yeah, she’s really inspirational, in Spanish classes in high school we talked quite a bit about her and her live and that was fascinating!

1 Like

My mom’s a Spanish teacher and she has a big like banner thing of her and I think she also used to have that painting in her classroom

2 Likes

100% leonid afremov. The only artist who’s work I’ve found that hypnotises me every time. I don’t really call favourites for much, but hands down, this guy is epic.

1 Like

I never heard of him before :grimacing: But I just googled, and wow, yeah I can totally see what you mean. It is very nice art!

1 Like

I only know about him because I took Fine Art in college and we had to pick two painters that inspired us. I did a lot of scrolling through google, but once I saw one of his works I was sold on them all. My favourites are the night time scenes, where it looks so bright - like the world is made out of gemstones and stained glass - and ugh… I freakin’ love it. One day, should I ever be rich, I’m getting a piece of his work. :star_struck:

I have history of art at my academy so I’m in love with this topic!
I do love some famous painters like Claude Monet and Van Gogh, impressionism is my favorite as well as romanticism so my all time favorite painters is Caspar David Friedrich! His paintings are so beautiful and deep, with meanings behind them. I adore his painting Wanderer above the Sea of Fog. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My favorite artist would be Van Gogh tHo I have so many but he’s like my main because his art seems so relaxing to look at and its kinda inspirational and gives me ideas whenever I look at his art

Closed due to inactivity.