Why do you use Wattpad?

Which reasons make you use Wattpad for writing?
@WattpadWizards

3 Likes

I use is to just read because there are a lot of free books there. But there are too many books that are just intense romance. That is the only thing i don’t really like about it. I don’t usually write with it.

1 Like

Honestly, I only really use it because I’ve been on it now for so long. If a better platform came around, I’d use that instead. Something I do love about the Wattpad is its community - there’s spaces to not only read/write, but also get/make graphics, learn about other cultures, share memes and personal stories, etc.

1 Like

I used it for writing and reading fanfictions, don’t judge! It was the only platform I knew about, but I honestly can’t remember the last time I opened it…

1 Like

I don’t really use it, but I know some people who do.

@Writers do any of you use Wattpad? If so, why?

1 Like

Because it’s a good platform for writing stories and getting famous . Also your stories can become movies-

1 Like

The first platform I knew and seems like the best one for me right now. Also, it’s the most well known. It’s just pretty good overall. Additionally, I do like the website design.
(The App can go screw itself though)

1 Like

I use it because:

• there are more users than any other platform (that I know about)
  • you can have your own bookcover without a paying membership
  • I used to like the fact that they had great forums, but they have been taken down

I’ve looked and looked for another placed that is good to post my books on, but I have not found one.

1 Like

I never used it for writing. I mostly use it for reading and supporting my friends’ stories.

1 Like

I think it’s mainly because the audience (my fellow Filipinos) often read there so I attempted to write there. I don’t read there too much nor do I even write there anymore, though, due to change of audience and preference (I write with English mainly, because I suck at my own language no matter what, and I also want to publish a book even though that could become impractical-)

1 Like

I used Wattpad to update an old story I had been writing for years, converting it from Spanish to English, and trying to improve it a little. But as hard as I tried to salvage that story, I just wasn’t feeling it, so I gave up on it.

1 Like

Added tags

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity