Why Harry Potter Time Travel Isn't Great From a Writer's POV - ShanniiWrites

That’s right! I got two out today! Let’s see if you can learn from Rowling’s mistakes and become a better writer.

20 Likes

Greetings Shannii. Are you doing ok since the art contest fiasco?

4 Likes

Getting there >.< I’m just gonna focus on the blog for a little while! Thanks for asking!

7 Likes

Of course.

3 Likes

Currently reading!

secretly rants to self about the un-proper way of time travel

5 Likes

reads it like the up-and-coming writer I am

5 Likes

I love the detail you have gone into, as per normal, babe. You’ve gone into showing the good points along with the bad. A great read, thank you for this. (wink)

6 Likes

“However, it’s much more about how Rowling treats her own time travel laws as a writer. I would say that she is pretty disdainful of the whole thing! She doesn’t give it anywhere near the same love and care that she does the idea of horcruxes.”

:skull:

Loving the article Shannii!

7 Likes

I’m not gonna read the blog because I don’t wanna ruin the books. I haven’t read them yet

1 Like

When are you planning to read them?

1 Like

Loved the article. The detail you put into it and the points you gave were wonderful. Thanks for this article :wink:

2 Likes

When I’ve jazzed them up

1 Like

I’ve never paid much attention to time traveling in HP. It was just another random thing but reading this I’ve realised I don’t like it at all. In my opinion it was super random and it would’ve been great, like you’ve mentioned, to see them find another way to save Sirious. I also don’t like how it was just a one time thing! We’ve seen it only in Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban and that’s it, no one mentioned it again.

7 Likes

I like how you explained how to properly do time travel along with saying why her method wasn’t the best! Great article!

Just added a couple tags!

I’ve thought about this a lot, okay.

Now, while I agree with everything that Shannii wrote, I cant help but remember hearing something about how the Time Turner can’t be used to revive someone. I think it was another one of Rowling’s sad attempts to make the plot holes in her book less gaping.
However, this changes absolutely nothing. If what I remember hearing is true, that would just raise more questions. Does Buckbeak not count as a life? What about the thousands of muggles that die every day, do they not count either? And if a wizard happened to die while it was being used, would you still be able to use the Time Turner.
Normally, I’d think I must be wrong in remembering this, but knowing Rowling and her whole “Dumbledore was gay” thing, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Dang gurl, that’s well said

Hey @Bloggers, @Discussions, & Harry Potter, it’s time to talk about why the time travel in the story wasn’t that great. Take a read of this and tell me what you think!

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

1 Like

Lotsa bumps

Lots of bumps???