Why You Should Write for Episode

The pros and cons for writing on Episode.

Do you write on Episode? What do you think about it?

14 Likes

Lol my stance on this has changed a lot

5 Likes

Lol I bet :joy: have you considered doing a part 2

4 Likes

Oooh… a part two. This would be interesting.

1 Like

I always have mixed feelings about Episode despite me writing on it currently, The assets are good and I’m inlove with the art style but recently their cons are outweighed their pros imo- If it wasnt bad enough that they pickle and dime every featured story they kinda treat plenty of authors like trash so to say.

Regardless Episode is a great app, But the community can be toxic. I love shannii’s explain though it definitely brings great insight over the community in general.

7 Likes

Writing for Episode was definitely a challenge, mostly because of the coding and the limited animations. I constantly had to rethink what I want the characters to do because I couldn’t find an animation that showed the right emotions :sweat_smile: But that really helped me at some points!
Also, it’s really not that difficult to get reads (like it is on Wattpad) because it’s popular but people are willing to check out your story even if it’s not popular yet so they make it become popular.
But even if there are some pros of writing for Episode, I stopped writing there… I wonder why… :eyes:

4 Likes

Just added a few tags

Hey @Bloggers & @Episodians, have a read of this blog. What do you think and how many of the points do you think are still valid?

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

2 Likes

I discovered episode through a lot of ads from that that used to pop up from time to time on my phone, so I eventually downloaded and read stories and after some years pass, I discovered that I can actually write on the app through access to the writer’s portal. When I first started out at ting, it was a bit difficult at first because I wasn’t too familiar with coding but only the basics that I learned from Joseph Evans videos and also going on the forums for help and tips. As I started getting better at coding I pushed myself and experimented with coding on my own which was pretty rad indeed and to be honest, coding was the fun part of writing at the time. :sweat_smile: I no longer write on there anymore since I lost interest in them.

2 Likes