Wikipedia: Can You Use it For Your Essays?

I wish I had read this blog post back in school, I possibly would have had more motivation to study and write epic essays. Oh well, I hope it helps those who are still writing essays!

8 Likes

Another amazing post from Shani’s Tutoring, @Bloggers. For all those who are still writing essays or even know people who are that they can pass the blog on to.

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

5 Likes

Well… I have to finish my essay asap so :relieved:
Be right back

1 Like

HEHEHE! Hope this helps then. (wink)

1 Like

fingers crossed Shannii says yes!!

1 Like

(tilts heads) A yes to what exactly?

1 Like

Can you use Wikipedia for essays :eyes: XD

1 Like

Ooooooh… HAHAHA! You’ll find out soon. HEHEHE

1 Like

what I sometimes use is google has an option to show articles of academical research papers, stuff like that. you still need to look at what type of source it has but often this is a good way to find relevant or recent articles that give you sometimes very interesting information.

https://scholar.google.com/

2 Likes

I shall :eyes:

1 Like

Btw guys in my uni I had to write an essay and I found it a nightmare to find references and stuff that weren’t hidden behind a paywall, wikipedia articles can actually be pretty useful so read the blog post children

1 Like

Wonderful article! I’ve struggled with using wikipedia for essays for a while now it helps to know how to use it better.

1 Like

ngl i’m… kind of a snob (i say, like it’s not obvious) and in most cases, i am sorta against the use of wikipedia
yeah it has information, but it doesn’t have enough information for my tastes
that said, checking the sources listed on a wikipedia page is pretty good
also, if anyone wants a search engine for academic papers i heavily recommend jstor! it has soooo many articles
and last time i checked you can read them for free!

1 Like

i used wikipedia for a project about the battle of long island, and got a good grade on it anyways lol.
i just had to change some wording :sob:

Added tag

1 Like

When I use Wikipedia, I quote the original sources in the article. I normally get a good grade.

1 Like