4 Likes

WAIT WHAT IT’S BARELY BEEN 12 HOURS—

4 Likes

Wait, it was? :flushed: It’s already 24 for me and I already passed it-

OMG I’m such a failure :star_struck:

3 Likes

You’re not a failure :pleading_face:

3 Likes

With this sentence given to me, the sentence making will be extended, of course :joy:

:pleading_face:

I’m sleep-deprived and I am-

3 Likes

You’re not. :angry:

3 Likes

OH NO WHATT—

NO YOU ARE NOT A FAILUREEE

I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT’VE TIME TRAVELED OR SMTH :star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

:’<

But thank you Soleil for pointing that out! It would’ve actually been a total disaster lol. I actually thought I posted the first word at 2 A.M. or something so xD

Anyway, the poll might go up later than the time set (because my body clock’s broken), so people might actually have more time to make their own sentences! I’ll try to wake up early though :star_struck:

Good night and happy sentencing :white_heart:

3 Likes

GOOD NIGHT NINILILLLYY :pleading_face::pleading_face::heart::crescent_moon::crescent_moon:

2 Likes

:sparkles: Word of the Day || October 24, 2020 :sparkles:

Bereft
be-reft | /bəˈreft/

Definition

adjective

1. lacking something; deprived of something

verb

1. (past tense) bereave; suffering loss of someone

Thesaurus

Synonyms

1:

• lacking
  • deprived of
  • stripped of

2:

• bereaved
  • (related) grief; mourn

Antonyms
1:

• possess
  • supplied
  • filled

Bereft in a Sentence

• Eyes pleaded for his succor, but his was bereft of hope, and they knew it was the end.
  • She was bereft of everything the second she knew he was gone.

Make your own Sentence!

How do you like today’s word? Is it a new addition to your vocabulary or did it help you refresh it, at least? In any way, I would like ask you to make your own sentence using our word of the day: bereft!

You will have 2020-10-23T19:40:00Z2020-10-25T14:40:00Z; the remaining hours until 2020-10-25T16:00:00Z will be for the poll that will let you decide who used our daily word the best! Happy sentencing!

Also, for me to quickly recognize your sentence, it would be great if you put it into a blockquote like this!

@TheDancingFryer @Eliza @Mouschi @Littlefeets @idiot.exe @passionfruit @Soleil @DazzledSnowFlake @Rein @astxrism @unsungcheerio @CerealKiller

For yesterday’s word, @passionfruit has won against @TheDancingFryer with the sentence below. Congrats :white_heart:

Hearing her girlfriend’s voice over the phone as she started walking helped to allay her fears about walking by herself.

8 Likes

Also, guys. I and the amazing @DazzledSnowFlake thought of this idea that we thought would also be helpful to our @Writers in the forums. Ate Snow told me that we could get the daily words from a book in a free website to help our readers find a new book to read, and I thought what if the book featured was from our awesome forum writers? We thought it’d help both sides—the readers and the writers.

So how will this work? Basically, we will—if people will hopefully recommend their books that are free to be accessed from any writing platforms—search for words that are in the first three chapters of the featured book and make it the word of the day. We will use the sentence where the word is used and recommend the book, and we will encourage people to read it! Aside from helping the readers to find new books to read and writers to get readers on their books, Ate Snow thought it would help further understanding of the word. As for the frequency of featuring, we were thinking we could do it one week per month.

Now, the question is “Are you interested in this? Will you support this?”

• Yes!

0 voters

If so, do you think one week per month (which equals into seven words per book) is good?

• One week per month is good.
  • Other (suggest below)

0 voters

6 Likes

She felt that the bereft of colors in her life was changed into enriched colors when she found an amazing Best friend!

4 Likes

The participants in the spamming contest are now bereft of life, a hollow shell of their former, free self.

7 Likes

:ocean::frog:

1 Like

Alright, everyone! I apologize for the really late poll. I woke up busy :cowboy_hat_face:

Anyway, so we have two entries for today! The next word will go up soon, so make sure to vote!

@DazzledSnowFlake

She felt that the bereft of colors in her life was changed into enriched colors when she found an amazing Best friend!

@idiot.exe

The participants in the spamming contest are now bereft of life, a hollow shell of their former, free self.

• @/DazzledSnowFlake
  • @/idiot.exe

0 voters

@TheDancingFryer @Eliza @Mouschi @Littlefeets @passionfruit @Soleil @Rein @astxrism @unsungcheerio @CerealKiller

6 Likes

good spelling skills I’m jealous :hot_face:

4 Likes

She changed username, didn’t you know :triumph:

4 Likes

sure :star_struck:

2 Likes

@Nil why this G is changed into h I’m sure i wrote changed :no_mouth::no_mouth:

1 Like