Word Puzzle Forum Game 🧩 (Cryptograms)

Please read through this before participating if you want to understand!

What’s a Cryptogram?

A cryptogram is a short quote that has been encrypted by taking each letter in the quote and substituting it with another letter (in this case, number). Your challenge is to decrypt it back using your linguistic intuition (vowels and repetitively used letters in words).
How to solve one?

This forum game is pretty simple. Everyone will guess what is said in the cryptogram a person has posted (you can use this link to make them!) and the person who solves it correctly first gets to post the next cryptogram!

Rules:

Important if you’re the current person posting the cryptogram!

If you’re the one posting the cryptogram, you need at least one letter to “give away” (you’ll see in the link given, if you’re confused on that) if it’s short, two if it’s a bit on the longer side. Add or diminish these letters based on how long your puzzle is and/or the difficulty!

You’re allowed to guess what certain words are in the cryptogram within the thread, but the person that guesses the full puzzle correctly is the one who posts the next one!

Important if you’re the current person posting the cryptogram!

If you’re the person who posted the current cryptogram being guessed, set the thread to watching. You will also choose the difficulty being Easy or Difficult.

If you make the difficulty Easy you will:

•Set the thread to watching
•Tell people if they’re right or not when they guess a word.
Ex: If your encoded sentence is “I like Cheese” and a person guesses that the third word is cheese, you will tell them if it is correct or not. (In this case, it would.)
•Tell people if they’re right or wrong if they guess the entire sentence correctly.
Ex: If your encoded sentence is “I like Cheese” and a person guesses that the sentence is “I like Cheese,” you will tell them if it is correct or not (In this case, it would) whilst telling them they’ll be the next person to make one! If they get it wrong, you’re allowed to give hints to what they got wrong.

If you set the difficulty to Difficult you will:

Set the thread to Watching
•Will NOT tell people if they’re right or not when they guess a word.
Ex: If your encoded sentence is “I like Cheese” and a person guesses that the third word is cheese, you will not tell them if it is correct or not. You will ONLY tell players if they’re correct if they guess the full sentence. You won’t give any hints if they’re wrong.
•Tell people if they’re right or wrong if they guess the entire sentence correctly.
Ex: If your encoded sentence is “I like Cheese” and a person guesses that the sentence is “I like Cheese,” you will tell them if it is correct or not (In this case, it would) whilst telling them they’ll be the next person to make one! You will ONLY tell players if they’re correct if they guess the full sentence. You won’t give any hints if they’re wrong.

I’ll be the one starting off!

Difficulty: Easy

6 Likes

Is the first word “Let’s” and the last one “cryptograms”? :eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

“Let’s make cryptograms!”…?

1 Like

Mhm!

You’re correct! You’ll be making the next one!

1 Like

How do we… You know… Make them…?

1 Like

:sunglasses::call_me_hand: Click on that!

Okie dokie!

1 Like

Ready! Freshly baked for you!

Difficulty… Easy I guess!

2 Likes

Watch oofalumpa find the correct answer

1 Like

“Hello! I am Eliza and I _____ y’all a ______! Love ya!”

Are all those words correct so far?

2 Likes

I’m so predictable… :sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

“Hello! I am Eliza and I wish y’all a good day! Love ya!”

I think that’s the rest

3 Likes

Well done!

literally laughs at myself

2 Likes

@Oofalumpa does that mean I make the next one? Cause I kind of just piggybacked off of you :joy:

2 Likes

Well that’s what I did with Hanna! In the op it states that whoever finds the complete riddle makes the next one

2 Likes

So I think it’s my turn to make a cryptogram. If I’m wrong and it’s not my turn, I’ll delete the post.
Easy

2 Likes

I got this.

2 Likes

My brain is working at 2% rn so for now I have
“Today, stop and tame”
“for”
“are.”

1 Like

Today, stop and take stock of how great you really are. @Skyler2

2 Likes