World Animal Day 🐶🐱🐹

The 4th of October it is World Animal Day.

To raise the status of animals in order to improve welfare standards around the globe. Building the celebration of World Animal Day unites the animal welfare movement, mobilising it into a global force to make the world a better place for all animals. It’s celebrated in different ways in every country, irrespective of nationality, religion, faith or political ideology. Through increased awareness and education we can create a world where animals are always recognised as sentient beings and full regard is always paid to their welfare.

Since a couple of days this ad is on the Dutch tv quite often:

And I kinda agree with the statement they make in the end:

If only it was animal day every day

Cause animals shouldn’t be treated well on only one specific day in the year. They should get love and everything they need every day. But I see the good in the day, mainly in the education part.

What do you guys think of this? Do you think a world animal day is important? Should we all give our pets a little extra on that day?

6 Likes

World animal day is very important. The fact that there are so many animals either being hit, being used for cruel breeding, experiments and who knows even more is terrible. They don’t deserve this. And yes we should all give our animals a little extra on days like this. Like a extra hug or a extra long walk with your dog. From my experience with my dog and cats is that they don’t need much to be happy :smile:

3 Likes

awww animals are always adorable :pleading_face:

I think it’s always important to pay attention to things, which is why I think that having designated days for things is super important. It’s not like we don’t care about animals on another days, but having a specific day can really help bring attention to specific issues.

2 Likes

I love Tamarins!

Which animals do you love, @Discussions?

5 Likes

horses! :star_struck: And puppies :star_struck:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity