World Braille Day

Jan/04/2021
To start this thing off I’d like to wish everyone a happy Braille Day. While this is a holiday, why don’t we also use this as an excuse to discuss braille.
So, here I go:

• Do you think more braille books should be printed?
  • Do you know how to read braille?
  • If the opportunity arose would you bother learning to read braille or is it too much of a hazard?
  • Have/Would you ever made/make a blind character?
2 Likes

I should learn. I may go blind fully.

1 Like

I have made legally blind characters, but they can still technically see.

1 Like

Do you think more braille books should be printed?
Yes, I do. Much like any other language, braille is important for people to communicate and while blind people can use audio books, it can be a hassle to have to listen through the entire thing with undying attention.

Do you know how to read braille?
No, no I don’t.

If the opportunity arose would you bother learning to read braille or is it too much of a hazard?
Yes, I would. I think it’s extremely interesting. Despite the fact that I would probably quit in frustration moments after starting.

Have/Would you ever made/make a blind character?
Yes, yes I have. His name is Everest Montagne and is 16. I was toying around with the idea of creating a blind person after talking to @/Ouijaloveletters :joy:

What were their names :eyes:?

1 Like

I can’t remember, unfortunately.

1 Like

Oh, well that’s unfortunate.

Happy Braille day! Braille is great for blind ppl. Never get rid of it.

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t have any idea what kind of amounts of books, or what kinds of books are available in Braille, but there should definitely be more.

Not at all.

It would be interesting to learn, but I honestly don’t think I would end up learning it because of the hassle and time it would take.

I have made a blind character for the Fairytaled RP, Parvati Wise, but I haven’t had the chance to use her.

1 Like

Yes. Henry Braille was a brilliant man.

2 Likes

Yes more braille books should be printed.

Unfortunately, no.

I mean, sure, why not!

So far no. But I’m sure if I won’t in the future.

@Discussions

2 Likes

Maybe
No
Yes
I wanna make a character one day like my grandma is: Legally blind but still every time you visit, she tells you your hair ir clothes look weird :joy:

2 Likes

I’d love to have a class to learn the basics of Braille. I find it so fascinating.

1 Like