Would you consider becoming a teacher?

too fun :eyes:
you kept me up for like an extra hour :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh no! :scream: Why didn’t you say that! And btw I kind of fell asleep during the voice call :joy: Tired for different reasons (hate time zones)

3 Likes

because it was fun! and i didn’t notice until afterwards…

3 Likes

Literally my dream to become a teacher, so pretty sure that’s what I’m gonna be. I like kids but prob will be a highschool teacher cuz it pays the most and those are usually the ones that need the most help. Cuz honestly some public highschool teachers are kinda crappy. I’ve looked into other things that I could be and particularily the ones that give the most money… I don’t want to be any of those lol. So either way I’m prob not gonna make tons of money with any job I choose. The only other thing I could see myself being would be something having to do with writing, like an editor or a literary agent.

2 Likes

I think you’d make a great teacher1

1 Like

Maybe an arts teacher because in my personal experience those classes usually tend to be pretty peaceful and no one seemed to actively hate them (Unless it’s art history) . I’m also just very interest in the subject itself and wouldn’t mind teaching it to others.

But that’s the ONLY subject I would want to teach because I’m not really keen on the rest.

I’ve considered it, but it would have to be like preschool. I have too bad of a temper to deal with middle and high schoolers :sweat_smile:

I considered it in the past, but I figured out it doesn’t fit me :woman_shrugging:t5:
I still didn’t completely cross it, I just don’t see it as something I’d enjoy doing

1 Like

I’m not sure, maybe? I did think about that a long time ago but here, in this country it’s not really the best job. I wouldn’t mind doing something like that as a side job but only at the academy of arts because it’s completely different and fun.

I’ve definitely thought about it. My mom’s tried encouraging me to pursue a career in education as either a French teacher or a teacher for deaf kids (since I want to learn sign language)

1 Like

I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger, but then I realised that with how shy I am, that would never work out fine :joy:

added a tag

Personally, I don’t think I’d want to be a teacher. I’m not against the idea, but I don’t think it would be my best option anyway.

1 Like

I am not a teacher in a professional sense, but I am part of a community service group at school that helps in imparting education to the less-privileged children.

Sooo, I teach my batch of students (Economics and Math) every 3 days in a week for two hours. And I would say that I like it (not LOVE it, just like it). At times, I feel uncomfortable on how to continue the discussion forward on a topic so I pre-plan some interesting activities (maybe even a flipped classroom if the students agree to it).

From the students’ review, I am a pretty “okay” mentor (I don’t like using the word teacher for myself because… I feel like I suck at it :grinning:) and very lenient. From my perspective, the students there are obedient, hardworking and diligent (unlike me, lol). Perhaps because they don’t take education for granted like I do. They take it seriously and are observant. Rarely do they ask for bathroom breaks and they take maximum participation in classroom activities most of the time.

If I would ever become a teacher, I definitely would for students like them. If students such as me are concerned, I don’t think I would because I wouldn’t wanna deal with slacking people like myself :grinning:

I agree with this. I never argue with my batch of students. When they don’t listen to me, instead of getting all hot-headed, I try to make a deal with them like “If you shut up and focus on the lesson for the next 15 minutes, I will give you 10 minutes free time where you can do anything in the class.”

I’d love to teach highschool art.

Not necessarily because I think art in school is good, the curriculum in most educational environments does nothing but hold talented students back, I’d love to be in a position to give advice and help them get through that difficult point

2 Likes

Lol I’m gonna be a teacher. If I’m not I’ll get someone to slap me.

3 Likes

For the good teachers, I do admire their patience. For me personally, no, I wouldn’t consider being one. I think it’s because I don’t think I have the patience to deal with so many kids at a time along with their parents. It seems so overwhelming

1 Like

It isn’t really my ideal career path :eyes:

1 Like

I’ve thought about it :eyes:

Closed due to inactivity