Would you ever consider having a job as a writer?

@AnnSza @E_bee actually I was kidnapped by a troll and taken into the milk factory to milk cows for the 30 years by a CEO named Richard :pensive:

5 Likes

Omgg, by Richard?? As in- my long lost cousins cousins mothers grandmas sisters parents grandsons son??

4 Likes

I don’t think that I would enjoy having a full time job as a writer :thinking:

2 Likes

OMG SHREEEY HI, HOW WAS THE FACTORY? DID YOU BRING ME MILK?

3 Likes

she went to get more :cry:

3 Likes

So she pulled an ufa on us? :pensive:

2 Likes

LMFAO IM JUST NOW SEEING THIS

2 Likes

At the moment, writing is my full-time job, however it’s probably not something I could do long-term just because of how risky it is! (I’m freelance.)
I don’t write novels by the way, so the writing work I do is contracted (so I agree on a rate, deadlines etc).

I also live somewhere where the cost of living is quite low and I don’t care about finding a job with medical or retirement benefits. If I lived in my home country, I probably wouldn’t take this risk honestly.

1 Like

If I was good at writing than yes!

1 Like

I would, but also an artist, and a photographer.

2 Likes

Added some tags

I would. I don’t plan on it, but I have thought about it. More likely it would just be a side job, work on writing stories when I’m not working on my regular job.

1 Like

Gosh, I wish

2 Likes

I’m not really sure but I might take it into consideration because I do love writing. :brown_heart::blush:

1 Like

Yes, with an Edgar Allen Poe end XD

1 Like

I love writing, but I’m not sure if I could make it my full time job. One can hope!

1 Like

No, because I can’t write unless I want to. I couldn’t have someone tell me what to write about, it wouldn’t work for me. I can only write what I want to write. I’m retired, so time isn’t an issue, though my chronic pain is. I’m only doing it for fun, not looking to get published.

1 Like

I have but I don’t want to be limited and biased, I like free writing. But I want a job where I can be easily sustained and can get me through life. I may not have a steady income as a writer and I don’t want to be stuck in a situation like that :frowning:

2 Likes

If it was the kind of job that required me to lock myself in a room for months and have no interaction with the outside world, then NO. Way too much solitude makes me feel lonely and depressed, and that doesn’t help my writing.

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity