Would you ever consider having a job as a writer?

Would you ever consider having a job as an author/writer?

I’d love to work as an author one day because I can’t picture myself doing anything else right now. But I guess for now, this will just stay a dream :joy:

8 Likes

It wouldn’t be my dream but I could definitely consider it! I do enjoy writing from time to time :))

2 Likes

I wish but I can’t write :joy:

3 Likes

Damn :joy: How come?

2 Likes

Oh gosh! If I could, I so would!

2 Likes

Lack of talent💁🏾‍♀️

3 Likes

mood :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! Just being home all day with my laptop. But I haven’t finished a piece of writing in my life so we’ll see :rofl:

2 Likes

Nope! Cuz I suck at it

2 Likes

I would but right now my goal is working on getting into IT(Informational Technology, working with computers).

2 Likes

I love writing, and although I would like to make money writing, I can’t see it being my ONLY job.
Why not? Because it seems like an extremely solitary job. I get inspired by the people around me. My characters exist because of the people I interact with on a daily basis.
:sunflower: :sunflower: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :coffee: :coffee:

I do love my teaching job, but it would be great to have writing as a second job where I could make some extra money.

2 Likes

If only…

1 Like

4 Likes

I’d love to have being an author as a job but to me, it’s a unrealistic aspiration. If I spend my time writing a book and only two people buy it in the end, I’ll have no food on my table, no roof over my head and you get the gist.

Being a ghostwriter for others seems lucrative enough but it still won’t pay the bills. Writing for well established blogs, that are willing to draft up a contract and pay per post might seem stable but they can end the contract at any time so still a very risque move.

From all my mumbo jumbo, no, I can’t see myself as a full time writer. It would be a side job while I perused others. But if all five of my career plans fail, I’ll take writing up as a full time job.

3 Likes

I wanna be a screenplay writer, I think that would be fun ^^

1 Like

Not solely, like, I wanna be a teacher and also write on the side. That way I don’t have to worry about the money lol.

3 Likes

I would love to, but I don’t believe I have the capabilities of writing a good book :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

SHERRYYSHREK UR ALIVE @annsza @idiot.exe

7 Likes

Oh hi sherry. I haven’t heard from u since that milk factory we ran together back in the 70’s

8 Likes

Yes, but it would be like a second job. It’s hard having it that way and being potentially busy, but I love writing so much so why not?

But really, if I were such a good writer and my books are great, I would abandon all hopes in being a psychologist and just start living a peaceful life with my laptop, notebook, pen and a cat.

1 Like