Would you fight in a war to "save" your country?

Honestly this isn’t really an easy question, as a pacifist I’d probably say no to this, especially since I’m not really capable of doing much to contribute on at least the fighting side. I feel like, if it was to save my loved ones I’d be more inclined to say yes. I’d also never judge anyone who does fight, blame the war not the soldier.

@Discussions what do you guys think?

5 Likes

I wish I could say I would. but all I’d be good at would be in the medical team or inventory. But yes, when needed we all have to pitch in.

2 Likes

If that’s the only option, yes, without a doubt

2 Likes

Me too. If it came to it, I’d definitely sign-up.

1 Like

I’d help the war effort, but I’m not capable of fighting or even being on like the medical team.

2 Likes

Perhaps not :skull: I’ll head to another one where I have citizenship

3 Likes

I mean I have thought joining navy as an option as well so yeah. But I don’t like war tho

1 Like

same

2 Likes

Me neither. I despise war and I have a fear of guns, but if is “man”-power they need, then I wouldn’t hesitate to join. (sweat_smile) I mean, the NZ army is tiny, so they probably would need help. Though I’m currently have relations with someone in the army, and hearing what they get up to, I’m not sure I’d cope. In saying that, you don’t know what your body is capable of until you’re in that moment.

2 Likes

Nope

3 Likes

I got 2 other ones ion need y’all :sob: :raised_hand:

2 Likes

Lol idk, America ain’t much of a country anymore. My answer is no, unless we were fighting to save another country.

1 Like

Tbh, no. War doesn’t solve anything, and no one wins. It’s just death and destruction.

1 Like

This country?

yuh

The war in Ukraine made me think about this recently. To me it’s so strong how many Ukrainians have really been literally and figuratively fighting for their sovereignty. I have a lot of respect for that. I think if it came down to it, I would want to defend my country as well. That said, not in the frontline but for example what they would call “verzet” (resistance) in WW2. I would want to spread the reality of what’s actually going on and stand up in that way, that’s probably what I would do