Writing a Muslim Character: What I Learnt

Originally published at: https://shanniiwrites.com/2020/05/28/writing-a-muslim-character-what-i-learnt/

I spent a lot of time thinking about portraying Muslim people well when I created my character, Zaynah, for The Queen of Freaks. Here’s what I learnt!

12 Likes

Thanks Girl!

5 Likes

I am a Muslim myself, and I’m really happy because you chose to include a diverse character and also happy that you’ve decided to do your research. :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Great blog post like always Shannii!

3 Likes

To all my Muslim friends out there: if you get the time, please feel free to correct me on spellings or customs if I’m wrong!

3 Likes

This is something I’m actually still worried about. I feel like I just don’t know enough about the religion to write a Muslim character. I also tend to just ignore religion in my stories :sweat_smile: But this is super helpful! Especially the short list of phrases, they are easy to add in a story

1 Like

Hey @Bloggers and @RPers, this for those of you that would like to make your characters a little more diverse. Take a read of this and tell me what you think!

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

3 Likes

I can talk to my Muslim friend too.

Added some tags