Writing About Historical Events

So, when it comes to writing about anything historical I try to be as accurate to the times as possible. Now, that doesn’t mean you can’t fib over certain parts. Like for instance, sometimes you do not have the right equipment at your disposal so you would have to result to using something closer a modern tool to replace the historical item. This goes hand in hand with clothing, furniture, objects, and so much more. You don’t have to be completely accurate since it’s still a story if it’s a fictional story. (Fixed a typo)

What do you think? If you don’t agree then why not?

@Discussions

3 Likes

I think it depends a lot on how realistic you want your story to be. I tend to write my stories about places that are similar to Earth but nothing’s completely accurate. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Yeah, that is a good point.

1 Like

If I’m writing based on a specific event in history, I try to do as much research into the event as I can so that I can accurately describe how my character would fit into that event. That being said, this is only if I’m writing straight-up historical fiction. If I’m working other elements into it (like fantasy, for example) then I might stray from the facts a bit.

How do you find reliable sources?

Closed due to inactivity