Writing Exercises: Do It With A Picture ✍

Writing Exercises: Do It With A Picture

Heyy gyals. Welcome to a writing practice thread.
Let’s take it from the beggining. Want a place in the forum to practice your roleplays or writing? This is the place for you.

In this thread, i will give a picture every week and you can describe or make a story out of the picture and generally let your imagination run wild.

Let’s start with the first weekly picture…

27362280-silhouette-of-a-female-figure-with-katana-sword-standing-in-front-of-the-mountain (1)
Good luck

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions below…

12 Likes

I like the picture!!! I love silhouettes so this’ll be fun

5 Likes

Dude, this is awesome.

4 Likes

The earth was lit up by the sun, on fire as it’s flames danced across the sky above her, reflecting on the land around her where she stood atop a hill, feeling as though the world was at her feet, even though she looked out at mountains where they towered above her, their peaks immortal and pure.
The wind whistled through her hair and she let out a breath she hadn’t even realised she was holding. She is one with the world, and it is one with her.

5 Likes

I love this idea, but are you gonna continue with posting new pictures every now and then @StarMaryGoth :pleading_face: Anyway I’m gonna try to write something for the first picture!

4 Likes

Yes, new one coming soon…

3 Likes

I was so proud. My shoulders ached from the burns that were getting worse by the second. But I didn’t care. My legs cried out from the pain of the hike, but I ignored their protest to leave. Finally I had made it. Finally, I had done something while I was in control of my life. Finally I had escaped.

My parents were probably going to ground me for years, but I was in the palace everyday all day anyways, so why did it matter. Nothing mattered in this moment. Not Jake, not the crowd, not my pain. Nothing.

But eventually as I made my way back down, things did start to matter. And I did start to feel once again the ache in my heart from Jake. He had hurt me. Like never before. But, I couldn’t help my self thinking about doing the thing that I had originally came up here to decide…

3 Likes

I want to post another one. I love this idea. I’m also gonna post a continuation from my studying to the first photo. I love this idea.

Summary

4 Likes

Bumping so I’m gonna try later!

3 Likes

I forgot about this thread

2 Likes

Just realised that it might spoil an ending so I guess I’ll stay out of this one lol

1 Like

Are we still on the first picture?

1 Like

I have created a new one, but if you see other open writing exercises like this one, feel free to write

1 Like

During the night, she fought the devils and evil spirits who looked to destroy her home, keeping those she had left behind safe with the slight connection she had to the mortal world. They called her the Leiloa le Atua, which meant Lost Goddess in her native language. She was nothing more than a whisper to them, a mere feeling of security.

She wasn’t alive, not really, but she wasn’t quite dead yet. She hung between the two worlds, her spirit losing its connection to the mortal world as time went on. Her death had been… unpleasant, to say the least, but it hadn’t been enough to finish her off completely, so as long as she bore some connections to this world, she would try to protect her family and people of her village from the spirit that had killed her.

Tonight had been exhilarating and exhausting. O le Sauau, the Persecutor, had come to corrupt the minds of the children of her village again. She hadn’t seen it coming, and she’d been caught severely disadvantaged. O le Sauau had gotten several strikes on her, slowly sucking away her lifeforce before she’d managed to use the spear she’d died with, her tagata manumalo—conqueror—to strike him through the heart.

She watched as O le Sauau fell away from her, his tentacles receding into the gap of air which seperated the spirit world from the mortal world. She could feel herself receding too, the tendrils keeping her tethered to earth slowly slipping away. She resisted, looking to the horizon as the sun began to rise, its rays poking through the clouds.

A memory passed through her mind, a little girl waking up early to watch the sunrise with her father. The smell of bacon sizzling on a pan, an almost forgotten yet familiar song drifting through her conscious.

She smiled.

Then she faded away.

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity