Writing goals for 2023

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all well.

What are your writing goals for 2023?

Here are mine:

• I’m still working on my novel as I have made so many changes in 2022. It is no longer called His Temptress because the title wasn’t suitable for the genre of the story. It is now called A Taste Of Danger.
  • Write more poems for Thornology and get volume 1 published by the end of this year
  • Organise my characters for the current novel and the next novel I plan to write but the idea is on hold because I want to continue working on A Taste Of Danger

Anyway, that’s me. Let’s hear yours!!!

4 Likes

My writing goals:

• Publish my story for the Unexpected contest, UL: Can’t Be Broken. I’ve already finished coding the first three chapters, and I previewed it last night, so all I need to do is correct a few directing errors.
  • Continue and finish Wrapped Around Your Finger. I’ve been working on chapter 9 for the last few days, so I hope to have it ready by next weekend.
  • Convert There’s No Accounting for Taste into a book, and try to get it published.
3 Likes

Finish my artist research for school lol

2 Likes

@Writers, what are your goals for this year?

Added some tags!

2 Likes
  • Publish at least 4 episodes of Deadly Nightshade this year. Continue it too
  • Get started on writing Fairest Of Them All (lmao people hated episode 3’s cliffhanger)
  • Try to be more consistent with my writing- write at least a few days a week
  • Possibly convert Deadly Nightshade into a novel and get it published (so I can make money lol)
  • Promote Deadly Nightshade more

That’s about it. You beat me to the thread though lol

1 Like

Most of my goals for writing are RP related, but overall I want to see myself get some writing done this year.

Rp-related writing
  • Actually get an SG up and running with at least 2 parts written (ideally my Final Destination SG)
  • Create more successful RPs (starting with The Selection and Castaways) At least, I hope they’ll be successful… :sweat:
  • Try to stay more caught up on replies…
  • Create an initial rough draft of a novelization of the Blue Royalty rp This is kinda rp related, but not at the same time :woman_shrugging:t2: cause Its the plot and characters and everything that happened in the rp, but I’m writing it out separate from the rp
Non-rp writing
  • Create an initial rough draft of at least one of my other story ideas
  • At least write a few scenes and world building for multiple of my other story ideas
  • Try to find a writing partner to help me actually take these ideas from just an idea to something more
3 Likes

You got this, girl!
Hehe, I guess great minds think alike :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I really hope I can achieve the first goal this year because I’m very inconsistent with my updates.

Yes indeed, great minds do think alike!

I feel you. Especially when work and studies get in the way. Not to mention writer’s block is a b**ch.

Reminds me, there is going to be a lot of spicy scenes in the novel I’m working on. Definitely not suitable for anyone under 18! :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

1 Like

Exactly!

Man oh man… sounds interesting! I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hopefully, you’ve been able to make time for writing, gotta find something to get them creativity juices flowing.

Yes, lots of :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

1 Like

True! I’m still trying to find more motivation so i can finally finish my revamp of episode 2, then move on to episode 3, 4, and 5. Maybe 6.

:eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

i don’t have many concrete goals but i do hope to do these during the year:

• write a relay story with my friends
  • edit everything i’ve posted on AO3
  • start at least one of the longfics i’ve planned
  • collab with an artist i love
1 Like

I feel you. You got this, girl!!

I know that look heheheheheheheheeheheheheh

1 Like

What are your writing goals for this year?

Mine are getting farther in writing my stories. I want to get the Daughter of the Blue Dragon updated on Episode by Summer time. Also, I want to get the first chapter published on Tales as well. I have a group resolution with my friend to get our co-owned story updated this year as well. I want to get three stories started which I’ve told some on the forums about.

@Writers

2 Likes

Well I did publish 3 episodes of Deadly Nightshade and continue it. With its recent success, I’m continuing the story. And I am promoting Deadly Nightshade more too!

1 Like

Well I’m still working on A Taste Of Danger and trust me, it’s going to take another 3 years to complete it. I’m working on the 9th chapter right now and I do plan to have 30 chapters in total.

Once I’m done with ATOD, I’m not sure if I want to write another novel with the same theme or a different one where it’s family friendly or another romance novel.

1 Like

I’ve never actually made an RP before, so I would like to try that. :hatched_chick:

3 Likes

Why not? Go of it! … If you need help or have an queries, I’m happy to answer/help ya out.

1 Like

Biannual check-in:

Almost there! I’ve published episodes 9-12. I revamped it completely too and I plan on finishing it.

I revamped it a bit, mostly the directing.

Done. :white_check_mark: I’ve been writing consistently, at least everyday or every other day. Effort is key.

Not done. But it’s always possible in the near future.

Done and done! I’ve promoted it so much, I gained a few new fans! And it just hit 1.5k reads today.