Writing Languages using Google Translate

Google Translate is probably the most well-known translation tool on the internet, but it isn’t exactly the most reliable. What do you think about using Google Translate to write in different languages? Yay or nay?

Vote on this poll and feel free to discuss!
  • Yay
  • Nay

0 voters

1 Like

I use it.

I only use it when I need a single word in a language, but not for a complete sentence or an expression, because it isn’t very reliable for translating colloquial expressions or words out of context.

1 Like

Oops.

I use it for writing dialogues in RPs and stuff…
If I’m using google translate, I type in the sentence, copy the translated sentence and reverse translate it. Did that make sense? I think it did…

Or I write the dialogue in English and change a few words to the other language.
Like this: “I really wanna eat pizza” >>> “Nanage ( ನನಗೆ) pizza eat maadakke (ಮಾಡಕ್ಕೆ) anisuttide/anstaide (ಅನಿಸುತ್ತಿದೆ)”
I wrote this in my native language 'cause this is accurate. The grammar’s kinda broken but this is how I think most of the time.

1 Like

I avoid using Google Translate as much as possible. If I’m writing a language that I’m familiar with and I’m just searching up a word or verb conjugation, I typically use WordReference. If it’s one that I’m not familiar with and I need to translate a full sentence, then I’ll use Reverso Context.

Closed due to inactivity