'You Will Get Through This Night' – by Daniel Howell

If you’re someone who struggles with mental health issues (depression, anxiety and PTSD) like me, this book is absolutely great!

I only got it very recently and so I was only able to scan through the parts that stood out to me.

He has a section on exercise and how it can help you to improve your mental health. However, instead of making it about looking better, he explains how it’s about working the brain, that the smallest levels of exercise can help your mental health and that you shouldn’t strive to “look good” but to feel good.

I have been a fan of Dan Howell since 2011 and I was expecting his book to be humorous stories from his own experiences with mental health – kinda like his YouTube channel was for a long time. I have to say that I am really, thoroughly impressed by the good, helpful tips and exercises to help you through your mental health struggles.

If you’re interested in purchasing this book, I do have an affiliate link to the Amazon website for you.

You Will Get Through This Night - Daniel Howell

1 Like

I’m totally not fangirling over the fact that I have a signed edition xD I also totally don’t do this with Skulduggery Pleasant!

1 Like

Added tags :sparkles:

1 Like

Interesting! I remember quite a few of my friends being obsessed with Dan and Phil, I don’t know that much about either of them because I only really use YouTube for band related things or let’s plays :joy:

With that said I do find it rad that Dan would write this book, do you know if he also consulted mental health professionals when writing it or is it based purely on his experience? Experience is rad too! As long as he doesn’t accidentally give bad advice :joy: (which I doubt he would)

This actually looks like an interesting book :thinking: I’ve never heard of the author before but I think I’ve seen the title of the book somewhere already

@Bookworms Have a look at this book! Does anyone have it?

1 Like

I might give it a read one day. It does sound like a good book

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds interesting.

1 Like

Sounds super interesting!

Added a tag and fixed emojis

1 Like