Your doctor reading your book

I hope I put this in the right place. I have been in hospital for 11 days. First they thought I had a pulmonary embolism but that was ruled out by a CT scan. Then they found evidence of pulmonary hypertension on an echo that I had almost 3 years ago, which nobody had told me about. I looked it up and didn’t like what I read so I wanted to go home sans meds and oxygen. I do not want a long drawn out death. One of the doctors “formed” me, meaning they could legally make me stay. In order to get the form lifted, I had to see a shrink, who would determine if I was mentally fit to leave. Two of them came to my room yesterday and asked a zillion questions. (I also saw an ethicist) They felt it was a big misunderstanding and rescinded the form -I can now say I am certified sane lol.

Anyway, they had asked what I do at home and the first thing I said was write, which led to more questions like what is it about, where is it published and the name of the book. One of them wrote it down and said he was going to read it. I’ve been reading my book over again and there is a lot about therapy/therapists in it, some of it not in a flattering way. Part of me wants to get out of here NOW, even though they convinced me to stay. They are coming back to see me on Monday. I’m so nervous about that.

Even though they lifted the form, they felt I would benefit from therapy, presumably because I have a lot going on medically besides my current situation. I told them I would think about it, my main concern being about it being on my medical file and the one said if I went to a private clinic and did not get a referral, it would not be on my hospital file.

Has anyone else had a therapist read their book?

2 Likes

That’s a lot to process. Yes I have, but I’ve often stopped therapy because it doesn’t help me so.

Yikes. That’s all I can say.

1 Like

That’s what I said, too!

No I haven’t published a book yet sadly :pensive:
But that sounds really embarrassing and I would be too scared for that :see_no_evil:
Feel better tho, girl!

Oh wait I’ve published some stuff on apps but no official books…

Thank you. I was discharged today, but have to have an echocardiogam. The doctors think I have pulmonary hypertension based on an echo I had three years ago - and nobody told me!

1 Like

I dunno what any of that is besides hypertension which I think is being double jointed and very flexible…:thinking:
I hope you are okay. Pls get well soon and hopefully nothing___happens. I don’t want to jinx it so I’ll just put a blank. Stay safe :pleading_face:

Closed due to inactivity