Youtube Rewind 2019

Aloha! :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue:

giphy (27)
Now, today I’ve come to announce to you all…

THAT YOUTUBE HAS RELEASED ANOTHER REWIND

And judging on the like-dislike ratio, youtube has messed up again :sweat_smile:

Here’s the link if you haven’t seen it yet!

But anywho, I wanna know what your opinions are on this since the comments section has gotten quite…toxic
And whilst we’re at it, some questions too!

• Did you like Youtube Rewind 2019?
  • Do you think it was better/worse than Youtube Rewind 2018?
  • Can you think of any ways it could’ve been better?

You don’t have to answer these btw, just for fun!

Also, why not add a poll lol
Did you like Youtube Rewind 2019?

• Yeah!
  • Nah!

0 voters

Oh also, @Duckling what number are we on again?

3 Likes

Not really it’s boring and basically a countdown from 10

Better but still, that’s not hard considering last year…

They could maybe like idk actually listen to people and what they want maybe but idk just a though

1 Like

Not really, it did what it was supposed to do (inform people about what happened on YouTube this year), but it didn’t do it in a very interesting way :eyes::sparkles::sweat_smile:
It was a waste of over 5 minutes of my life :no_mouth::eyes::sparkles:

I didn’t watch last year’s video :no_mouth::eyes::sparkles:

More interesting way of presenting the information and less boring background music could be a good start :eyes::sparkles::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I liked the ending of it, not the rest though. I liked that they ended it with showing the minorities that passed those hoops and the first of those, but the rest was kinda just… nah.

1 Like

Nah. It was basically a WatchMojo video.

I’d say neither but it was definitely more boring.

They could have tried! So much stuff has happened this year with Pewdiepie vs T-Series, the beauty guru drama, KSI v Logan Paul boxing match and all that potential has been wasted. Think about all the music videos they could have recreated: 7 rings? Old town road? Bad guy? Truth hurts? Motivation?

2 Likes

205 left, I liked some other users’ posts too, so the number went up again :grimacing::sweat_smile::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for it. :purple_heart: :butterfly:

1 Like

Nope. Didn’t seem all that interesting, this year was just bad.
Probably worse.
Maybe listen to people and stop making ridiculous (stupid ones that don’t benefit YouTubers, not the ones that protect its users and content makers) rules.

1 Like

That was the worst YouTube rewind to have ever existed. It felt like I was watching an ad. :purple_heart: :butterfly:

1 Like

HOW was that not in there? :purple_heart: :butterfly:

3 Likes

No , not at all they barely put any effort in the video. As someone who has experience in video editing I can say that making this most likely took less than a week to make. Honestly it just looks like a random intern at their company made it.

It was worse , but I’m atleast glad that YouTube Rewind atleast acknowledged Pewdiepie this time ….
HOWEVER you can really see that they decided to spend a lot less money this year in comparison to their previous years. This year they just made a basic top 10 list while they atleast tried to summarise last years trends in a mash-up by using lots of youtubers.

Well let’s start by not doing this again….I think I would have prefered it if they did it like they did in prior years . Where they actually make orginal content that was based on what happend this year with some famous youtubers. Instead of just copy-pasting some existing clips together based on analystics……

Though to be fair to YouTube . The community on the site has grown a lot and putting everything in what happend this years including the memes, drama’s , viral videos etc… of everything in one video. Must be hard to do since their happend so much and not only do they have to please the viewers , but also their investors. So they can’t really put certain things in that might have been popular on YouTube that either are controversial or puts them in a bad light.

2 Likes

Well YouTube is a company and everything that puts them in bad light or is controversial .They would rather not show, their investors or any potential client that want to collabarate with them.

Their reason for not putting it in probably something along the lines of " Not wanting to endorse violence on the platform" or something.

*Ugh I really hate how much mainstream media is influencing YouTube *

3 Likes

That makes sense but is also confusing. They included still James Charles, Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson when they’ve had their fair share of scandals.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that they did rewinds :no_mouth:

1 Like

Perhaps they are considerd not as bad as the fight since nothing too controversial has been said and or never escalated to something physical like a fight? And on top of that most of Jeffree and Shane scandles were a pretty a long time ago. And the more recent scandles they and James share are more personal ones or business related

I know they excluded Pewdiepie for a while from the rewinds because he used be so controversial …even though he was the biggest youtuber at the time.Now YouTube is okay with him again though because he’s in the good graces with the mainstream media again.

3 Likes

I just wish YouTube could go back to the days when they actually cared about creators instead of forcing them to water down their content for the sake of advertisers. I think that some of the parts YT sees as “controversial” make Youtube… Youtube? J*, Shane, Pewdiepie and others despite the many criticisms (that I agree with) actually made YT interesting this year. This rewind seemed quite dull and that really sums up the state of the platform now.

3 Likes

Agreed. Youtube used to feel like such a tied-knit community that gave people a platform to share their talents with the world. Now it just seems like straight up company that would rather please mainstream media outlets than their actual audience.

3 Likes

I agree! Last year’s was a complete fail! And since it sucked so much I think it’s safe to say that all our standards were really low for the next rewind. But they somehow manage to fail us again!

Yeah! Honestly who cares about the most liked videos? We can watch a WatchMojo video for that!I

Agreed. I preferred the way they did Youtube Rewind 2018 ( The main problem I’d say was that not alot of us knew who the fudge was in that video :joy:)
But now with this year’s rewind, it’s supeeer boring.

Awww! I’ll PM you the link if you want to!

Yeah the music was another problem, they should’ve picked music that actually goes well together :expressionless:

I liked the ending too! I’m glad Youtube has also recognized the minorities however I think they just searched it up and dumped them into the top 10 =T
But it’s still a big achievement those people should be proud of!

YYESSSS IKR?!

Agreed! At least with last year 's we gained some great memes! And alot of people have gained fame by reacting to it! But with this one there’s not much to react to =(

YESSS!!
I really wanted them to recreate Old town road! Hell, might as well put KSI on that horse! :joy:
Yeah… Listing top 10 things still misses out on a bunch of stuff. Although Ksi vs Logan paul was on sky sports, the drama still happened on Youtube!

Well, my friend. You’re about to be disappointed :disappointed:

Agreed! At first I thought they actually listened to us when they said Youtube Rewind 2018 was a complete fail. And then they go ahead and make up a Top 10 list!

Ummm, can Youtube be sued for copying WatchMojo? :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Called it! :joy:

ALSo, Agreed! I didn’t think it was the real rewind, I thought it was like a trailer!

Well, it was live on sky sports and that’s a completely different platform HOWEVER, all the drama happened on Youtube!

Oh really? I thought they didn’t put any effort into it. But a week!? Bro, might as well make a freakin powerpoint then!

Im also glad they acknowledged Pewdiepie and Shane Dawson! Oh, and Mr beast!
But they only included them because they were in the top ten most (enter WatchMojo title here) list.
Yeah! But I can kinda understand why they didn’t spend as much money compared to the ones before. They probably tried to play it safe yet fail anyway lmao.

Yeah! Honestly, Youtube Rewind 2018 would’ve been fine if they had youtubers we actually knew.

Agreed! I feel like some people don’t realize how big of a platform Youtube is and that they need to do something which pleases not only viewers, but the investors too!

I think if they just put the scene where KSI holds up the belt thingie, it would be enough to please the viewers and hopefully avoid any trouble.

Yeah but since it was a Top 10 video, their video was highly liked so of course they had to put it in.
And uh, I already said this twice buuut

The Fight was live on Sky Sports!

Although one person had managed to upload the whole thing onto Youtube.
So that’s another reason why the probably didn’t add it!

Really?
Want me to feed you all the links in PM? Gotta keep my friend up with everything going on! :stuck_out_tongue:
(Besides, you’ll finally understand the memes going around :sweat_smile:)

Ack peeps, I’ll carry on replying to everyone when I find the willpower to do so :rofl:

But!
One more thing!
Why didn’t they have a top ten for animators?!?!
Some of those channels have really peaked!
Like Dan Plan! ( I think they reached 1million subs this year I can’t remember :sweat_smile:)
And the odd1sout has gained a tonne of fame too!

5 Likes

Feed me them here, or in a cult chat. I hate having too many messages :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ah alright!
I’ll feed you them here since they’re related to le topic,
Hang on-

2 Likes