A few apps to make cooking easy!

Cooking- whether you love it or hate it- or cookery is the art, technology, science and craft of preparing food for consumption. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, from grilling food over an open fire to using electric stoves, to baking in various types of ovens, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions and trends. Types of cooking also depend on the skill levels and training of cooks. Cooking is done both by people in their own dwellings and by professional cooks and chefs in restaurants and other food establishments. Cooking can also occur through chemical reactions without the presence of heat, such as in ceviche, a traditional South American dish where fish is cooked with the acids in lemon or lime juice or orange juice.

Preparing food with heat or fire is an activity unique to humans. It may have started around 2 million years ago, though archaeological evidence for it reaches no more than 1 million years ago.

The expansion of agriculture, commerce, trade, and transportation between civilizations in different regions offered cooks many new ingredients. New inventions and technologies, such as the invention of pottery for holding and boiling water, expanded cooking techniques. Some modern cooks apply advanced scientific techniques to food preparation to further enhance the flavor of the dish served.

Not many people enjoy it or know how to cook, sadly I fall into the category of people who donā€™t know-how. There are several reasons why a person wouldnā€™t know how to cook or wonā€™t enjoy cooking but Iā€™m not getting into that now. Iā€™m here to present a list of apps that has a wide range of recipes and step by step guides to help them prepare the recipe to a semblance of perfection.

Hereā€™s my list:

1. Tasty. Meet your new cooking coach! Over 3000 Tasty recipes now at your fingertips; an all-new Step-By-Step instruction mode; ā€˜My Recipesā€™ page which serves as your very own mobile cookbook, and an innovative Search tool that allows you to filter by any ingredients, cuisine and social occasion youā€™re in the mood for!

2. My FoodBook. This is a great site to use. It has a variety of recipes and it has numerous types of cookbooks that fit almost any event that occurs. The cookbooks are downloadable, so you are able to access them even when your wifiā€™s down. It also has a create function so youā€™re able to create your own recipes/cookbooks and share it with the world.

3. My FridgeFood. This a relatively new site but it can be really useful for inspiration. What it basically does is give you different types of recipes based on what ingredients you have in your fridge.

4. Yummly. This is like having your own personal sous chef in your pocket. It has an amazing search engine for recipes based on popular ingredients, what month it is, what time of day it is, etc. Itā€™s one of the top ten most highly recommended apps when it comes to cooking. In its recent update, a Meal Planner was inculcated so you can create your menu (Pick the recipes youā€™ll cook in the next week ā€” as many or few as you like. Weā€™ll supply personalized recommendations to keep you inspired.), get your groceries (Add ingredients to your Shopping List with a click, then take it on the go or get groceries delivered through Yummly. This service is currently only available in the US.), etc.

5. SideChef. Their mobile app features over 16,000 recipes with robust search filtering, meal planning, ingredient delivery, step-by-step guidance with photos, instructional videos, voice command, in-app timers, and smart appliance control. They call it an end-to-end cooking platform. Which is tech-talk for ā€œwe can do it all!ā€ They are leading the revolution of the home cooking experience by simplifying the process of making delicious meals and proving that anyone can cook. Whether you want to save money, eat healthier, or impress your family and friends, SideChef is here to be your kitchen assistant.

9 Likes

Oh!
Iā€™ve made a lot of Tasty recipes, by watching and pausing the video or screenshotting the instructions, but I didnā€™t ever think to download the app!
Now I definitely will!

3 Likes

I love Tasty!! Iā€™m subscribed to their YouTube channel. Not because I cook, but I love to eat and the food looks so good!! I usually end up getting hungry after :joy:

3 Likes

This is me on a daily basis!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Iā€™m sure my family will appreciate the variety if I try this out! :hearts:

Iā€™ll bookmark it :wink:

2 Likes

Bookmarked.

3 Likes

Tasty is really awesome. I love watching their videos. An app that my family uses for recipes a lot is called Epicurious. In their search bar, they have filters that you can apply based on the type of meal (dessert, entree, etc.) and ingredients you want to use.

2 Likes

Oh My-! I loved watching the Tasty videos. I think i may have recreated one of their recipes but it was a while ago and I have no idea what it was.

3 Likes

I like Tasty videos. Theyā€™re satisfying.

3 Likes

Everyoneā€™s here talking about the apps, Iā€™m still reeling like the RP geek I am about the excellent writing style and prose.

2 Likes

Thank you but I canā€™t take credit for the cooking intro. It goes to the person who wrote it.

2 Likes

Another tip, never follow recipes on So Yummy, just no.

Unless you wanna end up eating bleached strawberries.

5 Likes

Oh geez, that video was horrendous. I just hope no one actually attempted that one.

2 Likes

Update

I have found some more apps that are easy to manage!

1. All Recipes Cook Book - This cookbook is built with detailed recipes addressed to beginners or people learning to cook particular dishes or cuisines. They provide not just recipes but overall instruction for both easy cooking and shopping. It will be your cooking assistant. The app includes special occasion recipes for Eid, Ramadan, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, new year, and many more. Just imagine dozens of recipes in the palm of your hand! You can even try something new every day! Start experimenting in the kitchen and fell in love with the result. The app also includes steak, savory beef, snacks, appetizer, kids recipes, multi cuisines, and many more. Widen your palette and explore more magical and healthy dishes. This app is available online and offline as well.
  1. Allrecipes Dinner Spinner - Introducing the most amazing Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app yet! Designed to delight, Allrecipesā€™ Dinner Spinner has been reinvented as the most popular food-focused social app with a community of more than 30 million home cooks who play a part in helping cooks discover and share the joy of home cooking.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allrecipes.spinner.free&hl=en

1. BigOven Recipes, Meal Planner, Grocery list & More - The all-new, redesigned BigOven makes cooking simple. Take tons of recipes, your grocery list, and menu planner anywhere. With more than 13 million total downloads, BigOven is the most complete tool to help home cooks get inspired and organized in the kitchen and on the go. Featured in the 25th Anniversary Issue of Martha Stewart Living, InStyle, Buzzfeed, and AllYou Magazine.
  1. Super Food: Home Recipes - This app offers free access to tasty and healthy recipes using regional ingredients that you can save on our grocery list. Our individual calorie counter allows you to track your meals with relevant nutrition information. Keep a nutrition diary and track your calories on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis with our free calorie calculator!
  1. Easy Recipes - We offer to you an app with a great collection of easy recipes: recipes of cold and hot snacks, vegetable salads, easy salads with meat and poultry, fish salad, easy soup recipes, vegetable dishes, recipes with meat, easy poultry, and fish dishes, a lot of easy garnishes, great recipes of easy sweets and simple desserts.
  1. Cookpad: Create Your Own Recipes - If you love home cooking, discovering new ideas, and sharing your inspirations with others then Cookpad is the place for you.

@Discussions

4 Likes

Once I saw AllRecipes I (internally) screamed ā€œYESSSSSSSSSā€

3 Likes

Lol yep, it looks like a good app to use!

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know they had an app. I use the website.

2 Likes

Yep, the link I posted is the google app page for android.

1 Like

Oooh~ Thank you for these! Iā€™ll definitely be checking them out

Closed due to inactivity