Art Challenge: Food Waifus

So, before y’all get too excited, this is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORUM CONTEST. In fact, it’s not a competition at all. It’s just an idea that I thought would be fun to do with my fellow artists!

So I recently found a mobile game called Food Fantasy (10/10, by the way) that reimagines classic dishes from all around the world as adorable and beautiful anime characters! Each has their own special power and unique look, and you can pick out a character’s silloette from a mile away. I was so impressed by the character designs in this game that I came up with a fun idea: Ask artists on the forums if they want to reimagine their favortie foods as waifus/husbandos!

Examaple: (Please be gentle, I had to draw this with a mouse)

There are only a few rules you need to follow:
1. Your character must be drawn in an anime or anime-inspired art style. Otherwise, they wouldn’t fit the challenge. :wink:

2. Your character must be pictured with the food their based off of (For example, Larb here is cradleing the salad she was based off of in her arms).

3. Your character must have a color scheme/theme/outfit that matches with their dish. (Larb is a traditional Thai dish, so my character is wearing a ceremonial Thai dress. I based the color scheme off of the colors of the vegetables in the salad, and I wrapped her in a lettuce-y nest to mimick the lettuce that the dish usually comes wrapped in.)

Besides these three rules, feel free to let your imagination run wild and have fun creating the delicious waifu/husbando of your dreams! I can’t wait to see all of your amazing characters!
@Artists

6 Likes

Oh, I’m in. I’ll do it tomorrow assuming I’m not too lazy.

2 Likes

Also, it’ll be on paper. I can’t do digital art.

2 Likes

That’s perfectly fine! Out of curiosity, which food were you thinking of doing?

1 Like

Black Forest cake. It’s a chocolate cake with cherries from Germany.

2 Likes

Ooh, nice. I’m thinking of making a mimosa character~

1 Like

I want to try whenever I get some time over! :dizzy:

1 Like

Yay!

1 Like

Bump because I haven’t finished Mimosa yet!

I still need to sharpen pencils XD

1 Like

1 Like

Aww! Awesome!

She’s wearing a Dirndl and a tyrolean, a traditional German dress and hat.

1 Like

I like the cake on it’s cute little pedestal~

Her chin is so pointy and I can’t fix it-

1 Like

I like it. It makes her look like Angelina Jolie.

I’ve decided to give up on Mimosa and do another food. Any suggestions?

What I have so far for my next character. He’ll be based off the Hot Toddy, a whisky cocktail believed to have healing properties.

3 Likes

Here’s Hot Toddy.
There’s some debate to where the drink originated, but most sources said the drink was american, so I made him a cowboy. Besides, doesn’t “Hot Toddy” just scream “cowboy name” to you? I have him holding a glass of whiskey, and the other ingredients are added in as acessiories in his outfit (the lemon slice and cinnamon garnish in his hat, and the pattern on his pancho to mimic cloves). I’ve given him a band-aid on his chin and bandages around his arms and hands as a reference to the healing properties the drink is thought to have, and I have the bandages on the arm holding the whiskey unwraveling to give the appearance of his wounds healing.
What do you guys think? Any suggestions for my next one?

2 Likes

Next Waifu is Ghost Pepper! I figured the name would be a good excuse to do a more macabre design. I decided to combine medevil european, plague-doctor fashion with a traditional Indian sari, since the pepper is grown mostly in India. I added harsh shadows and flames in the background to give a more spooky look and also to emulate a “scorched” or “spicy” look (The sexy pose adds to this, too). I also added pepper-shaped patterns into the woven patterns on her clothing.
Next up is white chocolate, and she’ll be another female because I can’t think of any ideas for a male character.

1 Like