Author Fanart Submissions Thread

Helloooooo everyone. I know there are a couple of people who have been waiting for this thread to be announced! Finally, I’ve decided to set up the submissions thread for Author fanart!

The Author

For those of you who don’t know, the Author is the mascot of the ShanniiWrites brand! She is on several blog posts on the main website and comes up a lot around the Forums as well (You can notice her on the logo itself). She was designed largely by me, with feedback from @ShanniiWrites. She’s developed over the last two years into a fully fleshed-out character!

Fanart

So for those of you would like to have a crack at drawing your own version of this character in your own style, I’d love for you to! If you already have at some point in the past, feel free to post your piece up here! I’ll give an opinion on it and others will be happy to share their thoughts as well :smile: This is not an art critique thread however! This is simply for submissions and basic thoughts, we have a Critique Thread for that elsewhere :wink:

Now, as for the fanart itself. We have a few stipulations. The Author does have a pre-designed look, however, it doesn’t have to be exact! So long as you keep 2 or 3 important features such as her glasses, hair, vest, teal eyes, pleated skirt or red tie, you’re golden! And so long as it is recognisably her. You can go hog wild with everything else! Add clothing, change it, change her hairstyle, etc. Have fun!

The main important thing is her colour scheme. The Author uses the official Forums colour codes with a couple of her own, and so I’d prefer if these can be worked in as much as possible. It is a part of the Forum identity after all!

Here are some aids for drawing the character that I made when I was designing her :smiley:

Merchandising

You probably already know this, but ShanniiWrites does have a merch store on Redbubble! We have all kinds of items with all kinds of interesting designs on there for our users to get invested in! If you’d like your design up there, along with your submission add that you’d like it up on the store and whether or not you’d like me to add a signature to it. Either way you will get a shoutout in the description of the product, and on the Forums Instagram (if our lovely insta team has no issues with that :eyes:)

With all that being said, the most I will change pieces before putting them up will be to clean up the linework and redraw over them, make the background transparent, etc. I won’t change the style itself and make sure that it stays resolutely yours.

Happy drawing folks :hearts:

@/Artists
@/MerchUpdates

30 Likes

Yay, there’s finally a thread I can spam with author art :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles::tada:

4 Likes

Hell yeah :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I hope this resembles the author enough :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

25 Likes

That’s so good! I love how well you drew the hair and the hand!

4 Likes

Ooooh, it does :eyes:

I love it

4 Likes

Sdkslskk ahh thank youu!!! :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

Ahh I’m so gladd!! Thank youu :pleading_face:

3 Likes

It’s only a sketch right now, but I’ll be working on it tomorrow (or today, idk) :eyes::sparkles:
It’s the author and me a duck :smiley_cat::green_heart::duck::eyes::sparkles:

7 Likes

Her legs look too long :eyes::eyes::green_heart::no_mouth:

2 Likes

So cuteee :pleading_face: i love the duckyyy :duck:

2 Likes

Thank you! :pleading_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

This is so pretty :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thank youuuuu :sob: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

I love it! :sob:

1 Like

Thank you :pleading_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

I decided to draw the outline today, so it’ll hopefully be finished soon :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

9 Likes

cuteeee :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Quack! :duck: I kinda messed up the duck because I still have no idea how to draw feathers :eyes::eyes::green_heart::no_mouth:
I kinda like how my art looks with a white outline, so I’ll probably add one more often in the future :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

version without white outline

14 Likes

What’s the Author’s personality?

2 Likes

Quack!

I love it :heart_eyes_cat::duck:

2 Likes

She’s very reserved and comes off as shy, but she’s intelligent and assertive when talking about the things she’s passionate about!

She’s very stubborn and a little bullheaded, too

4 Likes