Bad exam experiences

I’m making this thread simply for the fact that right now my brother is doing one of his end of year exams for uni sat at the table of my backroom thanks coronavirus :woman_facepalming:

Then it got me thinking of all the times I had a bad exam. I nearly had an inbetweeners moment ones during a French exam, no idea what was up with my stomach that day.

What about you guys?

7 Likes

I remember not finding the room for my maths exam because some a**hole had changed all the signs :joy:

I got to resit it but after fiftenn minutes of not being able to find it and the receptionist saying the doors had signs I was just making excuses, I just went home

4 Likes

There was a time where I almost couldn’t write because of cramps and I barely passed that exam and ruined my perfect grade… Sonce then I try to avoid taking exams when I feel sick or have cramps :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

3 Likes

Every exam experience is bad lmao

I just really dislike exams XD

3 Likes

Um practice ACTs, my dad found out about it but not through the proper steps… you were supposed to sign up and pay for it and stuff and we just um… showed up. Ughhh that was soo humiliating! I GOT UP AT LIKE 6 FOR THAT!

4 Likes

I’ve had this problem too. Or I couldn’t even find the building because we were going to have the test close to the main campus (which I usually don’t go to) and it’s a pretty huge place and I got lost. Ugh… it was stressful and then I arrived all sweaty + had to find the classroom too.

I also hate it when I really have to blow my nose but don’t have any napkins and I feel like I’m disturbing everyone and I can’t think.

On my final English exam/essay in high school I had a great idea of what to write but then I forgot the idea half way… So I turned it in half finished lol. I just added “To sum up…” and repeated the introduction because I forgot what to write in the body. I got a C on that at least lol. Surprisingly :joy:

1 Like

In November, I went to work even though I threw up twice in the morning, because 7th and 9th graders had midterm exams… in 9th I was okay, but during the 7th grade exam, I had to leave the room and go to the nurse because I thought I was going to throw up again. (Another teacher watched my class, though.) I went home after that exam.

And there was that time while I was teaching 2nd graders that two boys got out of their seats and randomly starting wrestling each other in the floor RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EXAM while I was busy helping someone else.

1 Like

During one of my French exams, I couldn’t think of any French words and only thought about English grammar. I got everything mixed up and panicked. I felt like already an hour as passed by without me being able to write a single French word. My teacher realized something was wrong and came to me to see if I was doing alright. I told her that I don’t know what to do because so much time has passed and I haven’t written anything other than my name. She just looked at me, very confused, and told me that only five minutes have passed and I should start by reading the text :sweat_smile: Everything went fine from that on

1 Like

I had a tennis match the day before and it was sunnier and longer than I planned so I didn’t apply suncream at all… I was outside for like 4h around noon, which ended up with me having burned shoulders, I literally couldn’t touch them for a week without feeling sick because it hurt so much… I ended up not taking my exam and leaving school early because I felt like I had to throw up if I stayed much longer because my school bag was making my shoulders hurt… I luckily didn’t get in trouble although I should have because we’re not allowed to leave school before an exam… I got to retake it at another date and aced it :eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

One of my worst exam experiences was when I had to do an exam at home, since I just kept getting distracted and everyone else around me was doing other things.

I’ve also done exams on 3 hours of sleep, during tech week, exams that I haven’t prepared for, and exams while sick or having bad cramps, none of which would rank as remotely positive experiences.

Honestly, I think tech week is the worst of those because it lasts for a week, I know I won’t be able to study well, and just makes me super tired all the time while doing it.

1 Like

@Discussions… I’m pretty sure we’ve all taken exam experiences and not all can be that great. So what are some of the things have happened in yours? Let’s share with the class! (wink)

2 Likes

Yesterday…

One night when I was supposed to be revising for a test I had the next day I started texting one of my friends and we texted for a while so I didn’t get to properly revise. The next day I couldn’t remember half of the stuff and I ended up cheating a little but I still didn’t do very well considering I am a straight A student (not to brag or anything). But, that day (when you have luck…) that day I started to feel sick (no, I didn’t fake it) so my teacher blamed it on that and didn’t lower my grade or anything :joy::joy::joy: That was also the only time I ever cheated on a test lmao

1 Like

It was a bit… bloody…

2 Likes

period?

2 Likes

One of my teachers, I’m pretty sure it was science, gave us the wrong exam. We had to wait for her to get us the proper one.

2 Likes

Noooo… Your time hadn’t started, right?

2 Likes

We were only a few minutes in, so I think they just tacked on minutes at the end for the ones that were wasted while she printed the new pages. Plus, in any exam (I don’t know if this is only a thing for my school or if it’s a school board decision), they give extra time at the end for anyone who needs it. Most of our exams are an hour and a half, so if you’ve finished by then, you can leave, but if you need more time, you can stay and finish the exam.

2 Likes

maybe

1 Like

Not my experience, but one of my friends started dry heaving right before an AP exam started :grimacing: :grimacing:

2 Likes