Barbie Movie Tier List

I made a tier list lol. (The ones near/on the bottom are likely ones I have not watched)

I actually really liked the barbie movies (well at least the older ones). They told actually good tales that were quite interesting. I would watch some of them again. However, not the ones that had the same plotline. I haven’t watched all of these lol, but I have watched all of the ones in S, A and B.

The rest I may have watched, but I kinda just grouped them based on how good I expected them to be.

I put the ones at the bottom at the bottom because they’re just like all about super heroes and the ones that aren’t I just haven’t seen and don’t look that good. And “The Pink Shoes” is a stupid name lol.

I put the ones that are in E in E because they looked bad cuz they were holiday-themed… with what I would assume would be a generic plotline (aside from the one that just looked bad)

The ones that I put in S and A actually had really good storylines that I’d argue aren’t seen super often. They have super magical themes and plot lines and I’d watch them again. (I am probably not gonna watch the new movies unless they’re free lol).

Anyway- have you ever seen a barbie movie, or have you seen all of them? What’s your opinion on them and how they impact children?

(Although, I do think that the swan one is kind of a knock off from the wonderful animation but it’s still good)

Keep in mind I haven’t watched these in a WHILE (because they are clearly for children lmao). But I think that they have a super magical feel to them that anyone would enjoy.
:eyes:

11 Likes

I don’t even know what this thread is at this point. I’m just ranting about barbies hoping someone will agree with me.

4 Likes

Oh gosh how nostalgic ! I think I have seen about 80% of the movies that are one the list, but I do think I mostly agree with your choices. There are only about 3 movie placements , I don’t entirely agree on.Which is the the Nutcracker ,Princess school and the 3 musketeers.

6 Likes

3 musketeers WAS GOOD

5 Likes

Yes, that’s why I would have liked it to be higher it’s one of my favourites . Maybe even my favourite of all of them🤔

4 Likes

I have watched quite a good amount of Barbie movies. Still, watch them now for nostalgia and good storyline they have. Now, I have mostly watched the old ones and none of the new barbie films because I haven’t had a chance or they didn’t appeal to me.

The ones I have watched:
Nutcracker
A Christmas Carol
Swan Lake
Rapunzel
12 dancing Princesses
Princess and the Pauper
Fairytopia 1, 2 & 3 (been a long time on the third one) (haven’t seen the 4th one) (4 & 5 are not remakes but sequels to the first three Fairytopia movies)
A Mermaid’s Tale 1 & 2
The Three Musketeers
Thumbelina (Possibly? Been a long time)

I have not seen the ones I did not mention or the last 2 Fairytopia movies. Though I did think they were remakes when I was younger I found out they are all connected.

Now for the holiday films:
Nutcracker and The Christmas Carol are good stories. My family watches the Nutcracker one during Christmas each year. My mother loves the movie even though it’s a barbie movie (not saying that barbie movies are bad). I put those two movies up there with S tier movies. Yes, they do surround the generic Chrismas movie but in truth, they both give their unique touch to the Nutcracker and The Christmas Carol stories.

I’m not going into the Fairytopia movies because they would spoil the storyline but I will give you the order of them.

Fairytopia
Fairytopia: Mermaidia
Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow
Fairytopia: Mariposa (Not labeled as Fairytopia but it is one of the sequels)
Fairytopia: Mariposa and The Fairy Princess (Not labeled as Fairytopia)

I think these movies are great for children and adults alike. At least, the ones I have seen. They all have life lessons connected to them which can help kids develop through their life. It’s a cute story for those who use to watch them as a kid can now see the movies for what they were meant to be. It’s a good film series but I’m not sure about the new ones. Since I have not seen them. I did watch parts of Diamond Princess and Island Princess movies but it wasn’t enough of the movies for me to get an understanding of the storyline. I like to watch from beginning to end and not come in the middle to have an opinion on a movie.

I’m not sure I understand this part. What do you mean it seems to be a knock off of what exactly?

4 Likes

There was an earlier like movie of it that was really good. Although not by Barbie. The concept of Swan Lake has probably been made into various different adaptions, although I like the world that Barbie movie created, but from what I remember didn’t really like the plot that much, or at least how they did it.

2 Likes

Are you talking about The Swan Princess movie that was made in the early 90’s? That one is my favorite of the many different version of the The Swan Lake Princess story. I understand what you mean by Swan Lake, it’s plot could of been done much better. It has good graphic’s but they didn’t go into much on the storyline like they could have.

2 Likes

I like the world that they created with it, but I actually don’t really like the graphics lol. I don’t really like that style of graphics, it just looked like weirdly fake to me.

2 Likes

We’re talking about the Barbie version right?

2 Likes

Yep!

2 Likes

Sometimes I prefer when things are drawn cuz they look weird realistic lol.

2 Likes

Okay, when I said it was my favorite I mean The Swan Princess movie. Not the Swan Lake Barbie movie. I understand what you mean. The graphic’s weren’t the best in that movie.

2 Likes

Ohh! Yeah I totally get what you mean lol. Swan Lake is like the best!

2 Likes

Okay cool, that’s one of the top barbie movies I like. Though if we are going to go into favorites Nutcracker is my top favorite and second favorite is Rapunzel movie.

3 Likes

Lol wait I mean the Swan movie. What am I doing :joy:.

The Swan Lake Barbie movie…
It is a good movie, just lacked some things. Anyway, I clearly need sleep! Good bye for now friend!

2 Likes

You’re good! I got what you meant the second time I read the comment. Sleep well!

2 Likes

Princess and the Pauper in the S tier just as it deserves :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

I haven’t watched much barbie. :thinking:

3 Likes

I have watch all. and mine would have been very diffrent

3 Likes