Being blunt/straightforward

As most of you know, I’m pretty blunt or “up front”. While some don’t mind it or enjoy it, a lot of people would agree it’s wrong of me and I should change my ways.

Now, I’m not the only person who is this way. There is more people out there that are honest and might project this “I’m insensitive and don’t care what you feel” stereotype and illusion by being this way that is seen as bad or possibly made worse than it needs to be.

What do you think about the people who hold there characteristics (not all, but maybe one) of being cold, distant, serious, quiet, blunt, cynical, etc?

Do you think people being this way is wrong and maybe even evil?

Should they be more heartwarming?

Should they include more warm speech?

Do you think they should be nicer in general?

All in all, what are your opinions on people who hold this sort of attitude and go about speaking to others in an honest tone?

@Discussions

3 Likes

Hey, it’s me.

I tend to say it as it is.

Having a single negatie trait or trait people don’t like doesn’t make one evil. No one should have to change the way they are unless they want to or they’re hurting the people around them purposefully. personally I don’t think being cold and cynical aren’t the best traits to have and they could be worked on but that’s just me. :heart:

1 Like

I’m blunt on the internet about my opinions which can’t be good for my mental health but :woman_shrugging:

My dad is blunt and straight forward whether people like it or not :kissing::v:t5:
Sometimes I’m blunt and other times I’m not… it depends :yawning_face:

1 Like

I’m pretty blunt tbh, but sometimes I try to sugarcoat things or say them nicely, which doesn’t really get my point across. Honestly, I wish I was more blunt and spoke up more :pensive:

1 Like

Honestly the description words “evil” “good” are all used in a subjective manner which isn’t a way to go about dealing with or interacting with humans if we’re talking in a “get things done” manner.

1 Like

If you need help feeling comfortable in doing things you want to be able to do, especially that, you can always PM me.

Ooh thank :star_struck:

1 Like

I don’t think I’m blunt but I do say things honestly. There have been times where I’ve needed to be blunt because I wanted to get my message across and not sugarcoat things so that people could get exactly what I meant. You kinda have to be blunt like that sometimes in my opinion. Like when someone does something wrong to you and you have to be like, “Hey that’s not cool” or when you’re setting a boundary.

Depending on the context, I actually prefer it when people get straight to the point. When they play mind games and beat around the bush, it’s like please stop :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally, I have a hard time being blunt because I’m a master overthinker :pensive: I always let things on lightly

1 Like

I don’t mind blunt people. I’m a blunt person, too. But there’s a difference in being blunt and being disrespectful. Being blunt can sound disrespectful or rude, but that doesn’t mean it is. You can be a rude person, but that doesn’t mean you’re blunt; you can be blunt but that doesn’t mean you’re rude

1 Like

Ya

2 Likes

Well, I do believe that we need to be mindful of how we speak and how we act. However, I also don’t think bluntness is inherently bad, although sometimes it can come across as one. It always depends on how we deliver our words. You can still be blunt without being disrespectful.

I’m straightforward in person, but people don’t notice it unless they already know me well. I don’t like it when people are beating around the bush because I barely have any patience for them.

1 Like

@Discussions what do you guys think about being blunt/straightforward?

3 Likes

I think it’s called being dutch. We’re known to be VERY blunt.
I’m not that blunt most of the time and wished I could

1 Like

I’ve hurt people’s feelings by accident.

1 Like

Least the person is honest when they’re blunt.

I literally have the neurotype that is known for being extremely blunt and straightforward
Took me a while to realise I was like that because I shouldn’t be, according to my personality, but I always find a way to make what was supposed to be a gentle statement quite harsh

1 Like