Black Lives Matter: A Safe Space Thread for Black Users

We already have a Black Lives Matter thread for people to debate and discuss the issues. Now let’s create a place where black people can talk and share their feelings without being shouted down or talked over.

Let’s make a place where black people don’t have to defend themselves.

This is the thread where the rest of us can either be allies or shut up.

22 Likes

Just because I love her

7 Likes

I wanna join the NAACP.

7 Likes
8 Likes

That sounds pretty cool! I wanna do some activism too, tbh! I just hope I can fight with my words. That’s what I’m good at

6 Likes

I just hope there’s a Youth Division in my area! Besides, I wanna do law anyway, so it’ll help.

5 Likes

You know, I don’t actually know what the NAACP do in the 21st Century. History is my thing, after all! What do they do?

6 Likes

I hate how so many white people ignore the peaceful protests and complain about kneeling and then when people feel unheard and lash out, they surprise pikachu face all over the place

7 Likes

Freaking kneeling was too much for mainstream white America. I can’t deal.

6 Likes

It’s an organization that basically wants to abolish all types of racism!

According to the website: “The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.”

5 Likes

They did a hell of a lot during the 60s I know that! I just don’t hear a lot about them in the 21st century :3

What kinda protesting do they do?

6 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve been looking for some black history books to purchase so that I can educate myself on our history. I learn something new everyday about our history on Twitter and I realised that our history lessons in school were an actual joke.
Any recommendations?

7 Likes

Peaceful.

4 Likes

I don’t have any book recommendations, but have you ever heard of the Battle of Bamber Bridge and the Park Street Riot? It is so interesting to me that black American soldiers m were fighting for civil rights way before the 60s!

7 Likes

Love this

6 Likes

Has anyone heard of the Left Wing Propaganda Machine? It’s a great podcast by an awesome 17 year old African American guy! We really do need to boost our black creators in this situation

6 Likes

I found this comic that I think’s really neat! :banana::sparkles:

13 Likes

I love how the guy with the sign is educating the other guy.

4 Likes

So somewhere or somewheres in the UK, they had an anti BLM protest (yet tHe uK iSnT raCiSt :unamused:). Anyway during these protests, people were fighting the police, doing Nazi signs, throwing smoke bombs at horses and there was even a fight between the protesters on whether it is “white lives matter” or “All lives matter”. They’re really exposing themselves and they do not even know it or maybe they do and they just don’t care.
Anyway, take a look at these THUGS.

THrEaTs tO tHe CoUnTrY

6 Likes