Blindness and eye condition awareness

Hey guys! A conversation with @heavenbound and @phnx made me think of this. Blindness is a spectrum, it goes from seeing nothing at all, to what my eyesight is classified as, legal blindness. This means I can see ok, but I need thick glasses and may need help navigating in settings where visibility is an issue.

6 Likes

Added a few more tags!

1 Like

Oh, thanks. I never know what tags to add.

1 Like

I can only see things near me, and maybe it’s just poor thinking ability, but I can’t think about what’s in front of me until someone points it out.
And, it’s not that bad though. Somethings are blurrier then others

1 Like

Sounds like Myopia.

My eye condition is very weird. I need glasses because I don’t see that well. However, if I only have to focus on one thing, it doesn’t make a difference if I wear my glasses or not. So, I can read without glasses (because I just focus on one word at a time), but I can’t go out without my glasses (because I’d bump into people and stuff, too much to focus on)

When i stare at something my right eye rolls in the other direction… do you know what that is @Ouijaloveletters?

1 Like

Huh…nope.

1 Like

Oh oh I think it’s strabismus

1 Like

Oh, yeah. Lazy eye.

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

I had surgery to correct mine because they were going all over the place.

1 Like

omg
My parents wouldn’t pay for that…my “mother” thinks it’s because I have no glasses

1 Like

I’ve had nine surgeries, most eye. Some involve my brain.

1 Like

I’ve had zero. Luckily I don’t need any.

1 Like

Luckily. I have a tube in my headm so that’s fun.

1 Like

The closest thing I had to a surgery was that i was coughing too much so they made me inhale nebulizer gas for 10 minutes

1 Like

Pathetic

I do have an inhaler, but it hasn’t been updated in years.

1 Like

Do you have asthma? Also I have a inhaler too, but I never need it.

1 Like