Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

Back to the Future… and Back to the Past - November 2039

Play Sweater Weather

How did Daniel Parker become… well… Daniel Parker: renowned hacker extraordinaire, tech trillionaire, and, of course, extremely good looking? Well, can’t promise there’s a cheat code to the last item on that list. But the other two? Easy. Have a fcking traumatic experience when you’re a kid. Yep, it was really that simple. Oh… also a high IQ, guess it’s not that easy after all, but for Daniel Parker who dreamt of vengeance for his sister one day, it was a piece of cake. The memory of the night his sister was taken haunted his childhood… it was the reason he moved to Beryl to get away from those very memories… those… nightmares. Maybe Dan didn’t show it… but he was just as fcked up as the rest of his family. Who would have every thought huh? It was the reason Jessica followed him… Hell, it was the reason Daniel Parker became “Daniel Parker.” Let’s be honest, if his sister was never taken, there may be a very different man who held his name…. but… that wouldn’t be very fun, would it? I mean… where would everyone be without Daniel Parker? Where would poor Dorian be without his arch nemesis? Probably not with Jessica because let’s be honest, it was because of Dan that they even met in the first place. Either way – this was it: Daniel fcking Parker. Correction The Handsome, Daniel fckign Parker.

Back to his sister now, Charlotte Parker. A girl who was a mere 5 years younger than him – a girl who was only one when she was stolen out of her nursery when Dan really should have been in her place. From the age of 13 to 21, Daniel looked for her… tried to find any trace that she was alive… any trace that could allow him to find his sister’s remains so that he could finally get a sense of closure. Here’s the problem though, for an incident that happened when he was a child – it was bloody hard to find an electronic trace. Daniel had searched the bank account number that the kidnappers had given his father to deposit millions of dollars into – all he found was an endless number of pings that lead all over the world. The money his dad sent had, indeed, disappeared. It was all just… dead ends and there was nothing for Dan to do anymore. This was the only case in Daniel’s 37 years of life that he could never fcking solve and… maybe after a while, he had given up. He had rather put his time into cases he could solve… saving other kidnapped girls… protecting girls from rape, murder, and pain that he could never do for his sister. Over the years Daniel had created tech that had saved millions – his face recognition software being better than anything any agency had ever seen in the world. Daniel had also funded the instillation of more security cameras all over the world to prevent this… this place Dan was stuck at. So yes, maybe Daniel Parker did blow his money on creating useless underground hideaways and maybe interviewers called him as eccentric, a waste of space, blah blah whatever else. However, he always did everything he could in his power to give back to those who needed it the most. When it mattered – Dan was there, at the forefront of the issue. While he was doing this, his sister became a simple thought in the back of his mind: one that he never forgot about… that he couldn’t forget about… but one that he simply pushed away.

Well.

Until today.

Play Feeling Myself

“Hello losers, it is me, your almighty king god gracing you today with his presence”

There was a sense of pizzaz in Daniel’s voice as he entered a board meeting for his company for the first time in… two… years? Yeah, that sounds about right, two years. Honestly, the Co-CEO title was just a name. Jezebel did 99% of the work and really had a hold of most of the company’s innnerworkings and Dan was just there if things became critical or he had an invention he was willing to share. Want to guess what today was? In the room were about 20 people Daniel had honestly never met before. Wait… scratch that. That’s annoying dude number 1 on the left with the awful green sweater – he was the one that always called Dan if something techy wasn’t working, in other words, the company idiot… Jez said he was head of technology and innovation but Dan honestly didn’t belive her. A few seats down there was annoying gal number two … who did something in HR? She was always the one who told Dan he needed to host a “conference” and say sorry for something he had said… in other words, the girl Dan ignored. Oh and there was Emmy who was shaking her head at her dear cousin… chill kid. While Daniel hadn’t met most of these people, a few familiar faces did stand out – specifically Jezebel, his dad, and, of course, Emmy who all look highly disappointed at his entrance. “Hey fam, how’s it going? Whatcha talking about? Let me guess? New phone? Please don’t tell me that the best the tech department could come up with was increasing the size, and changing the colors?”

As Daniel spoke, he ignored… well… everyone else (including Jezebel who was saying something but Danny heard NONE of it). “You don’t mind if I?” Dan asked the boy presenting to the team with a sh*t ton of infographics in the front of the room and a nervous shake about him as he moved aside for Dan. Though nothing mattered as Daniel took over the presentation, plugging his flash drive in so that the board could understand his genius. On the screen, in BIG letters was BACK TO THE FUTURE – and it was words that he really let the rest of the room take in before speaking. Yes… Dan could see the young idiots who had never seen the movie… god damn the new generation…he could also see Jez putting her head in her hands “Anyways, about a month ago little Peter wanted to watch a time travel movie and like the good dad I am, I took him to watch the fcking epic ‘Back to the Future’ franchise. Long story short, kid travels back in time, then forward in time, them super back in time. Anyways, Peter loved it, what a champ. But what I also realized is that no one in the fcking world has figured the flying car yet. Flying hoverboard? Yes. Robots who feed you at franchises like Mcfcking Donalds? Yes. (please don’t tell Jess he said that) But Flying cars? Nope that’s the one part of the movie that hasn’t come to life so I thought why not do it myself which is exactly why…” Dan started, clicking the screen so the next part of the PowerPoint would come on the screen “I did,”

On the screen was a video of Daniel getting into a highly teched-out car, explaining some of the changes he implemented, and then, after the click of a button, the car started hovering above the ground. “I’ve done various tests and found that once the wings come out, the car can achieve around 35 thousand feet in the air. I implemented the “green energy” thing from the movie, so it mostly runs on solar energy with a little boost from plutonium. Now I know what you’re going to say “BUT DANIEL THAT’S RADIOAC-“ Dan didn’t get a chance to finish his speech when he heard his phone ringing, and picking the device in his hand – no, not a “Parker” device, one he created for himself because why not – he found Jessica calling. Putting his finger up to essentially tell everyone else in the room to shut up, Dan pointed to his device without another word, answered right in the middle of the meeting. “Love, how are you? Oh Please don’t tell me this is a call to say you’re pregnant again… rather… pleasseee tell me that you’ve broken up with that idiot DeLoughrey… no… still married? Bummer.”

There was something about the tone of Jess’ voice that put him into higher alert than he usually was, but it was her sentiment of “I’m in Beryl, I need to talk to you and Jezebel right now,” that really caught his attention. She didn’t give him the chance to ask why before hanging up. Though, there was a ping that he got from her with the address to her hotel. “We’ll have to finish this meeting another time, Jez, I’m going to need you,” It wasn’t really a question as he grabbed his sister’s hand and pulled her out of the meeting, dragging her downstairs without truly an answer to anything. Most of the time she was just yelling at him for ruining the meeting and something about the plutonium, but Dan was too distracted ion what Jess needed to pay attention.

“Jez for the love of god, I’m sorry…ish. Okay not at all. Either way, get in the passenger seat and buckle up.”

Play Love Nwantiti

So… Daniel knew Jez didn’t like cars or driving. He did… truly… so… was it a bad idea to take her on a spin in his flying car that had never been tested on anyone but him? No… probably not. She looked absolutely petrified as Daniel lowered the car in the parking area of the hotel that Jess needed them at even though it was COMPLETELY… okay MOSTLY safe. “You have to admit, missing all that traffic was fu-“

Yeah, she slapped him and started yelling how he almost crashed into 5 buildings which he TOTALLY did not. Either way, Point taken. Oh well. Grabbing her hand for the second time, Daniel walked into the hotel and up to Jessica’s floor – his sister arguing the whole way. “Jess, thank bloody god. Save me.” Dan started the instant he walked into her room and saw her – a news story playing in the background about people “seeing” a flying car in the city. SeeE Jez should be grateful she got to be in that car instead of just witnessing it.

There was something else Daniel noticed in that moment. 1. Jess looked anxious which wasn’t normal for her and… 2. Akielah Azure was sitting on the couch with her. “Akielah… thoughts about my flying car?” Dan asked casually taking a seat next to the girl with a soft smile – not even asking why she was here. Over the years the girl had become a sort of… protégé of his. Azure or not, he had to admit, she was smart.

“Dan we can talk about that lat… your flying car? Really? Okay… whatever… never mind… thank you all for meeting me here on such short notice… the reason I wanted to see you… well… god how do I bloody say this… Daniel… a few years ago I decided to look into your sister’s disappearance. I know you gave up and…”

“Jess, don’t bring her up and spoil the mood it’s not worth it. Clear…”

“Oh for fcks sake. Dan, Akielah is Charlotte. Your… sister… and… your half sister Jezebel.”

Any joking smile that remained on Dan’s face disappeared for a brief second as he looked over at Akielah who held the same skeptical look he did. “You’re funny, Jessica. But I would really appreciate us moving past this joke now,” Dan stated. How could the girl be so damn inconsiderate. She knew how he felt about this subject an…

“Dan… Akielah. I’m… not lying. You two are siblings… and you always have been,”

@Littlefeets - Jezebel + Akeilah
@unsungcheerio - Danny boy
@CerealKiller - Peter
@astxrism - Dori the idiot

4 Likes