Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

“I know” Harry murmured with a sigh, kissing his wife’s forehead before adding “Then we tell her the truth. I love you Adelaide. I backed you then, I’ll back you now.” “I love you too Harry.”

That moment replayed in Harry’s mind as Adelaide cuddled against his arm, soon falling asleep on top of him. A soft smile met his lips as he watched her, an innocence on her features as her eyes remained shut and her breath steadied to a slow pace. He found himself moving a strand of her blond hair, tucking it behind her ear as he watched her sleep in silence - his mind racing about… various thoughts of the past… but calming only when he looked at her. It was weird, how full of love he was for the woman he called his wife. For a long time, he didn’t think they’d get to this place… maybe part of him even resented her. Resented what he had to do to be with her… especially when he didn’t want to be with her in the first place… not after… well… not after finding out she was Leo’s “Addie.”

Harry Pierce just simply… couldn’t refuse the offer Adelaide Parker had presented all those years ago. That Harry… the Harry who begrudgingly said “I do” at their… sham of a wedding with a blackening eye covered with foundation so no one would know… would have never fathomed how he’d feel now. Hell, that Harry would have never thought how much he would later respect, care about… and lust for the woman who now shared a last name with him. And god he loved her… loved the way she was passionate about her job, loved the way she eloquently spoke about things she cared about, even loved the way she was changing the narrative with their kids… something he was attempting to do as well… though time put restraints on him. After all, that was the deal they had made - they had done all of this for politics, and part of Harry found it hard to let it go… but he was trying to make an effort for their kids.

He watched Addie sleep for a long time, and once again, he found himself kissing her forehead “I love you so much Adelaide,” he murmured to her sleeping self. He did… maybe he didn’t love her in the same way Leo once had, but he did love her. She was his best friend now… the girl who knew more about him then anyone else did. And he knew more about her than anyone else too… and that would likely never change.

While Addie slept soundly, he simply couldn’t. His mind kept racing… thinking about things he hadn’t thought about… in a long time. Harry had suppressed so many of his current thoughts… well… until his daughter stormed into their bedroom hours earlier, asking questions for which the answers had been locked away deep in his mind. Why? Perhaps because in this lifetime, Harry Pierce knew he was the bad guy in his ex best friend’s story… and there was no fixing that. He knew that. What he had done to Leonardo wasn’t something that could be fixed by a simple sorry… hell, even time would never fix what he had done. Trust Harry… he had tried… tried to convince Leo that he would make it up to him one day but… there wasn’t any fixing this. And while Harry had come to terms with the fact that he had lost his best friend of more than a decade, it didn’t mean he had ever truly forgiven himself for being a terrible person. He could never forgive himself for the sins he committed against someone who mattered more to him than anyone else did. His best friend… correction… his former best friend.

Allowing his eyes to glaze over, Harry simply stared at the ceiling - a memory coming to his mind…

May 16th, 1999

“Alright, you understand the plan?” Harry asked, looking at two… very bulky body guards he hired. Okay, let’s be a little more specific. These particular individuals Harry was talking to were usually body guards - however, today, they were something completely different. For a… very large tip, they had gone from bodyguards to temporary kidnappers. Or… more specifically, “Leo-nappers”. What? Don’t give Harry that look - he hadn’t seen his bestie in like… months and as the resident best friend who MISSED Leo’s birthday, it was like… a rule that he had to make it up to the man. And, well, he would make it up with the best fcking night the two of them have had in a long time. It was going to be absolutely epic - and they would likely be drunk out of their minds for most of it. Which, in case anyone was wondering, was a good thing. No honestly - Harry already had a bottle of Macallan 15 being chilled on ice for the car ride over.

Plus, it was Leo’s fault for telling Harry where he would be over the next few months… and also giving Harry a spare key to the Hampton’s mansion so… oopsie. Sorry buddy, you’re being kidnapped today. Waiting for the bodyguards to nod, Harry nodded to them to initiate the plan though he stopped them when he remembered one particular fact. “Oh shit wait wait - Leo has a new girlfriend. Give me a second.” Grabbing a notebook from the back of the blacked out car, Harry wrote a very well worded… very clear… precise… quick note so whoever this girl was wouldn’t worry. Trust him… it was perfect. Err… totally. Fine… here’s hoping it was readable - Harry did kinda write it fast before handing it over to one of the guards.

“Alright go ahead - be careful, that dude punches. MAKE SURE NOT TO WAKE THE GIRL UP, we’re not animals and leave that note where she’ll see it and you know, not… call the cops or assume Leo dumped her and… I don’t know ditched her in his own house until she left. Yeah? Thanks…”

And with those words, Harry waited. Remember that grin on his face? Yeah, it never disappeared. This was exciting okay, and look, it wasn’t the first time one of them had done something… outrageous with the other person but that was their dynamic. Maybe they wouldn’t see each other in months, but they would fall into their usual mischief together the minute they were put together in the same room. After all - they had a friendship since they were toddlers and that would never change.

It took… approximately 12 and a half minutes. Harry… needed to hire these guys more because damn they worked fast - but that was irrelevant because soon enough, he found his best friend being quite literally dragged across his own property and within the next few seconds, thrown in the car - right next to him.

“WHO THE FUCK DO YOU T… I should of fcking known it was you”

It took Leo a second to catch sight of him, but the minute he did, Harry could see a sense of calm fall on his features. “Was that really necessary? All for you to say Hi? I was taking a piss man,” The words left Leo’s lips as he brought his hand to his head, massaging his temples probably due to the abrupt… awakening. Hey, at least it woke him up. You know, got his heart pumping - trust Harry, that would be needed for the night they had ahead.

“Do you really not know me at all? You think I was just trying to say Hi? Don’t get me wrong, I’ve missed you, Azure, but that’s exactly why this is going to be much more than a hi. Drive boys,”

Harry heard a visible groan from Leo as he realized what was going on, though it took him a moment longer to really realize the fact that the car was driving away from his house. There was a moment of worry… or at least that’s what it looked like to Harry since Leo immediately looked away from him and towards his house that was being left in the dust. “Wait… Harry what the fck. I’m not going anywhere with you at 1:12 AM. Harry stop the fcking car.” With these words, Harry watched as as Leo attempted to open the car door - as if that was going to work. You’ve been baby locked, btchhhhh - yes, Harry did his research okay and locking his best friend in the car was all a part of that.

“You’re funny Leo, don’t worry so much. I left a note for your girl, I promise she won’t go running away while you’re gone… unless you tried that thing with your foot that you did with that Lina girl 2 year… not the time? Okay fine…” A laugh left Harry’s throat as Leo punched him in the shoulder. Though, Harry knew the man sitting beside him well enough to know that while he was probably slightly annoyed by the rude awakening, there was also a little voice in Leo’s head screaming at him to go with it. Maybe it was simple curiosity to what Harry had planned for the man, or perhaps it was because he really needed a night away eveeeen if he wouldn’t admit it. Either way, any hesitation in the man was subdued as Harry continued. “Anyways, the night’s just started, and we have a party to go to… on that note… drink up… we’re not getting their sober.,” with those words, Harry popped the bottle of whisky on ice, pouring the man… quite a bit in the glass before handing it to him.

The time: 2:32 AM. The place, a lovely little burlesque club in the outskirts of main New York. What? You thought Harry was going to keep poor Leo in the Hamptons? God no - there was nothing to do in the Hamptons past 12:30 AM. It was a place for old rich people to fck without their old rich spouses knowing so… fine if we were being technical about it, there was something… or rather someone to do past 12:30 AM, but nothing that would be worth the birthday extravaganza that Leo deserved. Plus… well… Harry knew that Leo’s birthday celebration involved a party and Harry knew while it was adorable for Leo’s girlfriend to plan all that, Leo didn’t want or need all that. It’s okay, hopefully this girl would learn… Harry just didn’t want to put all of that in a letter and scare the poor girl who was clearly trying to do something for Leo. The issue was that Leonardo Azure’s entire life was pleasing other people - specifically at things like parties and events. That was exactly why anytime Harry made a plan for the two of them, it involved them not doing that… not entertaining people for their parents… not being the people their families wanted to be. Rather, Harry made sure that when the had the chance to hang out for a night or a few nights, they would have chance to be themselves in places where no one would know them or… ask questions. It was exactly why their senior “spring break” was so much fcking fun… because they could be themselves for the first time in such a long fcking time - and the details were something that would always stay between the two of them. Perhaps that’s why their friendship worked so well - while everyone else saw the image they curated for public perception, they each knew that there was more that met the surface.

So, here they were - an illegal burlesque club in New York with two slightly tipsy idiots who had been drinking all the fcking way here while catching up. Again - it had been months since Harry had seen the man and could anyone blame him? The idiot was in nowhere California trying to woo a girl and Harry was at Columbia trying to finish up his second year at law school in one piece because “Pierce’s have to make sure they took respect from the public” even if the goal wasn’t to become a lawyer, rather, a politician… or so his parents chose. After all, his parents were politicians, his grandparents were politicians… and he wouldn’t… rather couldn’t be the one to change that.

While Harry knew where they were - the confusion was clear on Leo’s features as he looked out the window. Though, Harry didn’t let Leo ask questions before throwing some clothes that had been sitting in the passenger seat near the driver . “Change, we’re not going in there looking like you were sleeping an hour ago because honestly, this is basically New York and you sleeping before 5 AM is pretty damn lame.” hopping out of his side of the car, Harry took his time walking towards Leo’s side - leaning against it until he heard a little struggle from the man attempting to open said door - baby lock remember. With that, Harry opened to door - nodding at his friend’s style change before dragging Leo inside the unlabeled building. Currently, Harry was taking absolutely no questions… not that it mattered seeing as the two were soon met with a lively seen of the interior of the building once Harry whispered the guard outside a secret word to let them in.

Inside the large room filled with individuals fascinated by the stage, Harry and Leo were met with the lovely smell of cigar smoke, dancing males and females alike on stage putting on a damn performance, a large bar, a fabulous poker game going on in the side, and so much more. Now look - Harry knows what everyone’s thinking. “You idiot, you brought him to a strip club?”. ITS NOT A STRIP CLUB OKAY. THERE’S A DIFFERENCE. Plus give him the benefit of the doubt? Strip clubs + Leo didn’t mix… plus this was less crass. Dragging Leo to the bar, Harry immediately ordered tequila shots for the two of them.

“So to get this clear, you brought me an hour and a half away from my house… actually kidnapped me so that we could drink in a car… only so we could drink at a underground strip club?”

“One, it’s not a strip club, two you underestimate me, three what’s wrong with drinking?, and four trust me, after you find out what I have planned, you’re going to wish you were a little more drunk. So take the shot, Leo…,”

With those words, Harry licked the salt rim, brought his shot glass up, soon touching the table once again, before drinking the glass, and following it with a lime. Yep - if the whisky hadn’t hit before, that double of tequila definitely would get the two to the perfect point of “are we really doing this… eh we might as well”. What did Harry mean by that? Well…

“Mr. Toretto and Mr. O’Conner? You two are on in 5”

“We’re on in… wait a fcking minute. Harry does she mean what I think she means. Nope. I’m not fcking doing this Harry. It’s too fcking early in the morning for this sht.”

“Nope, can’t bail on me Leo, we have a 10th grade recital to perform with a sexy twist”,

“Try me, I’m not doing that.”

Rolling his eyes, Harry put his finger up for the bartender. “We’re going to need like… three more shots. He needs to be drunk for this part.”,

“I’m not going up there but you be my guest Harry…”

"Mmm… you’re going to have to rethink that Leo. If I remember correctly, you owe me and I’m cashing out buddy. Remember 2 years ago… Vienna… you were in a restaurant bathroom naked. Like… completely naked? If I remember correctly, you begged me to bring you clothes no questions and as the amazing friend I am, I asked no questions but I have this weird feeling your new girlfriend would have soooooooo many questions. Not to mention all the other dirt I have on you that I’d love to spill to her. So… ",

Harry didn’t even have to say anything else - because with the look of PURE hatred Leo was throwing in his direction, it was soon followed with Leo taking the shots the bartender had brought out. And man… did Leo throw those shots back. Clearly he was making sure that this would be one of those nights he would never remember what was about to go down. But hey - this was what memories were made of. With a soft laugh, Harry waited for Leo to say “Move before I change my mind” before leading Leo behind the stage where about 4 background dancers were standing that Harry had obviously hired to make them look… not terrible. Yes… did he send them a video of Leo and Harry’s 10th grade recital so they could practice. Don’t worry, it will obviouslllyyyy turn out fine. And if it didn’t, everyone in the room was too damn drunk to notice.

“Alright ready guys?” Harry asked, the largest grin on his on his face as he looked towards the dancers. “Let’s fcking kill it.” With that, Harry dragged Leo out to the stage that had darkened after the performance right before them finished. With the dark room, Harry placed Leo on his spot on the stage - don’t worry, it was in the back behind the professional dancers.

Taking his own spot, it took a few seconds for a familiar song to start playing. And after about five seconds of the song playing, the lights opened, hitting all of them - with them all doing the familiar moves he and Leo had created with some friends back in their Sophomore year of high school. And in case you’re wondering, they got SECOND place, so it was a REALLY GOOD performance. Or… at least it was funny enough for the student population that they were highly voted. Plus, let’s be honest - the dancers in front of them were doing most of the hard work - this was just to get Leo loosened up and after a few more seconds into the song, Harry noticed the man getting more comfortable with the movements. It didn’t hurt that they were all getting a LOT of screams from the females in the audience - who were soon pulled up to dance with two of the professional dancers in the front - to the point where most people were just dancing for the hell of it.

After the song ended, laughter met Harry’s lips as he grabbed Leo and pulled him off the stage. “Admit it, it wasn’t terrible

“I admit nothing except I’m glad I’m drunk and I don’t owe you any more favors.”

“Well that’s debatable… you remember that time at your parent’s charity auction when you were making out with Emi…*”

“Oh shut up.”

“Deal, come on - we can stay here for a bit. Maybe you can win a game of poker but then we have to get going. The night’s still young.*”

“What the fck did I get myself into?”

“WHAT THE FCK DID YOU GET ME INTO?”

“WHAT?”

“DON’T ACT LIKE YOU CAN’T HEAR ME.”

“HUH?”

Wanna know a secret? Harry could hear him… pretty clearly. But hey, being on the tallest building in New York City with the air whipping around their faces made for a pretty good excuse for not being able to hear his best friend. And what were they doing on the rooftop of the tallest building in New York - well, zip lining of course. Harry had a friend who had a friend who had a rich rich uber rich uncle who wanted to make sure he did everything before he kicked the bucket which for some reason included zip-lining through New York City. It was actually extremely fcking cool, and super underground because even though the police had allowed it for the weekend, they didn’t want the general public to find out. Harry watched as multiple people strapped Leo into a harness and connected it to the line that would take them to somewhere in the upper east side.

“WHY THE FCK ARE YOU MAKING ME GO FIRST?.”

“IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY PRESENT DUH.”

“I KNEW YOU COULD FCKING HEAR ME.”

Rolling his eyes, Harry looked towards the health official dude getting him checked at every angle. Trust Harry, with the money that went into making this contraption - it was extremely safe. Probably. “IF IT’S GOOD TO GO, CAN YOU SEND HIM DOWN ALREADY HE’S ANNOYING ME” Harry screamed to the health official who, after a few more checks did just that. Which was soon followed by the faint sound of Leo screaming “I ate you” or… “I bait Q”… but like who’s Q? Harry was far too drunk to think about it. “Alright strap me up boys”

To be honest, once Harry was on the zip line… he actually understood that rich uncle of his friends… friend. Like, this - basically flying through the New York City… it was an experience that he wouldn’t trade for the world. The way the lights twinkled in the city that never sleeps, the way he could look down and find people who looked like ants living their lives - one that Harry would never be a part of… it was an experience of a life time. And honestly, he knew as much as Leo would complain, he had to also enjoy this. After all, this was Leo’s empire… and maybe it would be Harry’s too.

Getting to the end took some time - and it was in that sobering silence that Harry had time to think about his life. Though, his thoughts were soon disrupted as Harry found the zipline slowing until he stopped at the end where another man was waiting to help him down. Leo was waiting on the side until he got down - and Harry had his usual contagious grin on his lips as he got unstrapped. “Oh come on, don’t give me that, you had fun didn’t you?.”

“Whatever, are we headed home yet?.”

“Leo, leo, leo… it’s only 4:40.”

“And I should be asleep.”

“Sleep is for the old, come on, we have more to do - don’t worry, I think you’ll like this next part.”

Sitting at their favorite 24 hour diner, Harry waited for them to get served as he looked at his drunk friend who was quite literally sleeping with his head in his arms. “You’re getting old Leo.”

“Oh shut up.”

“Kidding kidding - look, at least that burger and fries will get some food in your stomach so you’re not screaming at me in a couple of hours because you have a massive hangover.”

“mmmm”

“Commeeee on wake up. Keep your mind working. Here, tell me about that girl of yours. I’ve only heard bits and pieces in the letters you sent me from that Barrel California place.”

“Beryl.”

“Same thing.”

“I love her,.”

“I got as much from your letters. I mean, why else would you stay an extra… what… 6 months in Cali when you could be in the best city in the world? So what’s so different about this girl?”

“She’s just… she’s different. I’ve never felt this way about someone before.”

"I’d like to point out that you dated my sister. Harry laughed seeing a look of seriously from Leo as he finally sat up, leaning against the booth. “I"m joking, come keep going. So she’s different? How so? Is she a red head? You haven’t gone for a red head before. Ooorrrrr does she have tattoos all over her body… oorrr is her name like a one liner like Beyonce”.

“No, her name’s Addie and she’s just… so smart… and she’s funny… and so damn fcking adorable… and she does this thing with her nose every time she’s mad and it just makes her cuter. Like every time she reads the news paper and she get’s annoyed at something, which trust me, is all the time. She has this fire in her and she argues about it and I love that about her. She always steals the news paper before I can read it and if I have it she just sits on top of me and reads it with me and… I don’t know Harry… I just love her so much. And she always…”

“You seem happy, Leo. I mean it, like happier than I think I’ve ever seen you and trust me, that means something because you hang out with me all the time and I can usually bring a smile to your face but I don’t think I’ve ever seen you like this, not even with your other girls.”

“I’m telling you, she’s different. And she has this fcking accent that can bring me to my knees. You don’t get it Harry I…”

“What I’m hearing is that you need to lock her down before your funnier, more handsome best friend steals her out from under you,” there was a soft smile on Harry’s features - happy that his friend was so happy. Honestly, Harry had seen Leo in all his stages… and this was truly the happiest he had seen his friend. Well, you know, in between the annoyance Leo had for Harry that night, the only other thing Harry had heard was things his girl would do or had done - with the goofy-est little smile on Leo’s face as he talked about her; sprinkling in details here and there.

“I don’t think you’ll get the chance seeing as I proposed yesterday and she said yes.” Harry watched as Leo’s face turned into the biggest smile. Honestly, if Harry had anything to say, it was the fact that this girl was extremely lucky. Leo was one of the best people he knew, and Harry knew he’d love this girl with his entire heart.

“AND YOU DIDN’T CALL ME, YOU BASTARD.”

“I tried, you didn’t fcking pick up the phone.”

“Oh sht… right you see I was planning this entire birthday extrava-fcking-ganza for my best friend and I didn’t want him to find out so… I was a little preoccupied. So am I getting the honor of being your best man than?”

“No sht… did I tell you about the way she…”

While the night was still young, Harry found a lot of it was filled with details about Leo’s girlfriend… correction, fiancé. And honestly, Harry couldn’t wait to meet this girl and you know, give her the usual “you hurt my best friend, I hurt you” talk. He was happy… and clearly, so was Leo. Suffice to say, it was a good night. Perhaps not as crazy as spring break, but it was pretty up there. And hopefully, it was the first of many for the two.

Harry’s eyes opened, meeting the ceiling fan once again as he shook himself out of that memory. Probably one of the last good memories he had of Leo…

@Littlefeets

1 Like