Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

{ after the party | 10th September 2039 }

Once Ezekiel was left to stand alone at the party, his mind once again went back to what happened before he arrived. To his friend that was probably taken to the station for questioning. To his friend he hoped wasn’t hurt because of something technically he started. If he only paid more attention to what he was doing… if he checked the cig before carelessly throwing it out… they wouldn’t be in this situation. She wouldn’t be since he was the one who escaped. It was times like this when he was really beating himself up for something he’d done. He often did that.

Enough to forget why he was at that party in the first place, no matter how much he loved parties - tasks and Blue Royalty. He’d have to start thinking about that some other time, or… maybe there was an opportunity for him to finish at least one task… Maybe. But maybe his priorities laid in making sure his friends were fine there was just this one problem… How was he supposed to go there?
This whole time he was with Annie in her car and right now, he was a bit short on money since he spent it on paying for a hotel room, just for a night. That’s what he often did when he knew his mother would be mad at him for coming home drunk or high - he would just go somewhere else but never ask his friends for help. That would be easier, right? He had many friends, they would all be happy to let him crash at their place but Zek never wanted to bother them with that. He never wanted to be a burden.

The only option left was to get an Uber. That’s what he would do - assuming where Annie was he would pick her up and offer her to stay with him for that one night. He could imagine her parents would be p!ssed at her so the best he could do is help her with getting away from them. Good plan? Good “I’m sorry I left you” plan? Sure…

With a nice driver name Jason who was not much older and in college, Ezekiel was sitting inside of a car in front of the station, typing a text for Annie. Coming here from Nashville with his older sister, that’s what Zek learned about Jason and he actually enjoyed this little conversation they had going on. It was never hard for Zek to be friendly with someone so he didn’t feel weird saying “First we have to pick up my friend down at the station and then go to this hotel,” no matter how sketchy it sounded.

To: Mariannnnie

hey… idk if where you are rn but im in front of the station in an uber if you need a ride… since yn, your car betrayed us

Glancing at the door, he waited for a few second before sending her one more text. Just in case.

To: Mariannnnie

if you want to escape your parents or idk… idk if youre even here but :)

@/novella - Annie

2 Likes

after the fight + aj’s conversation with hartley

Aj’s eyes faltered from Hartley as he spoke, widening them at the sight of one of his friends in a predicament — or rather possible future lawsuit – with the one-and-only Victoria; Victoria’s Secret supermodel.

“Oh for fcks sake, Hera…” He muttered under his breath, saying his goodbyes to Hartley and running towards the scene. Without any hesitation, Adlai threw them over his shoulder and carried them away. He felt like a dad – carrying his absolute nightmare of a toddler away from their fight on the playground. Ridiculous. And in fact, it got worse. As he placed her down onto the sofa in a quiet corner, she could barely sit still. They practically chanted for everyone on planet earth to hear: “Take me to the bar!” Aj crossed his arms with a light groan. “There’s no way in h*ll you are going to the bar–“ He started, covering their mouth with his hand to stop them from drawing even more attention. Hera then darted away, Aj unable to stop her.

He frowned as he was sat at the bar, unable to control drunk Hera. Now that was something he would never ever be able to do. “You know, bullying is considered illegal here at Blue Royalty…” He started, not even knowing what to say, but he, of course, made a joke. “Now why on Earth would you target a supermodel?” He asked, honestly a bit surprised why Hera would even participate in that. He couldn’t say he approved…

He sat in silence for a moment, sighing lightly before ordering a fancy drink from the bar. They were testing his patience and they knew it. Where were you all summer? He thought about coming up with what he had said before to others, but honestly? He didn’t really care if Hera knew — they’d probably forget about it in the morning.

“Rehab,”

He whispered. “I was in rehab all summer because of my drug addiction,” His confession made his fingers tingle and his grip tighten on the glass — hoping that no one heard his little secret. Not that anyone wouldn’t have guessed that’s where he was going last year, but it takes a lot to admit something like that. Just another step towards recovering.

“Anyways, what have you been up to? Also, I hope you take it into appreciation that I haven’t recorded a single thing you’ve done tonight to use later for blackmail–“ He told them with a cheeky grin.

@raviola - hera

1 Like

Bullying is considered illegal here at Blue Royalty. The voice echoed in her head as Hera considered his statement. What had she done?? One minute her beautiful new flame was caressing her cheek gently, pressing her lips against theirs, and the next they were here wiping their slightly sticky hands from the shirt they ripped with a loose napkin, AJ probably felt the wet print of her hand on his back when he picked her up. She knew it was wrong to be two against one, they knew better!! They always did. When sober, at least. She raised her hand, pointer finger up, mouth slightly open waiting for words to come out, but they never did. They put their hand down and closed their mouth, unable to find an excuse.

“I don’t know!! I saw some girl picking a fight with Charlotte and I caved!!” They thought, a cheeky smile growing on her face at the thought of her. She’s so gorgeous, and witty, and Hera knows nothing about her yet but they were going to. They were making sure of it. Adlai, on the other hand, probably didn’t see it that way. He definitely wouldn’t see it like that if they told him that she was the other girl in the fight. She giggled thinking about it. “Before you ask, she was perfectly innocent in the situation. She only spilled one drink!!” They insisted. Although frankly, Hera would have probably been upset if they had been sober, none of this whole thing would have happened if they were sober. Sober Hera takes everything so seriously, they never let loose at school. At least she could say they were good most of the time.

Not around AJ, though. To him, she was more of an escape from reality. Sobriety, even. To him, she was probably nothing but an escape route. It was such an unfamiliar type of sad to them. AJ made her feel like she knew what it was like to be used. It was so strange, she has spent a lifetime at the bottom, and her peers push her back down when she tries to rise to the surface. Boys on the football team that were apparently her friends want to put her down on the least f^ckable list. She doesn’t even like boys and they still think they’re entitled to judge her by how much her appearance caters to them. They were a ruined mascara, angrily throwing tissues at the wall then sobbing type of mess.

“Oh my god.” She realized. “That was Victoria Rinaldi.” They said in pure awe. She was known and loved by the world!! Particularly teenage boys, so she didn’t feel very threatened about that, but so many others knew her, loved her, cared about her. And they just ripped her shirt off her like it was nothing. This was NOT going to be funny in a few hours. For now though, Hera couldn’t contain their laughter! She practically had a little laughing fit, arms crossed over their stomach, falling forward with their chest. She’d probably do something about it in the morning. If she remembered any of this.

All of their laughter halted when they heard where AJ was. “Rehab?” They asked, reaccomodating their position, putting everything they had in their hands on the counter. She gestured to his drink, calmly trying to address the situation without upsetting him. “So…? Is that okay?” Hera knew that he had been through alot with his girlfriend dying, and they honestly expected it. They felt so bad being drunk around the poor guy now, her heart sank to her stomach.

Mid conversation, the two were nterrupted by a voice that announced their and Charlie’s cars were being towed because there were drugs found in them. “What the f^ck? I came here in an uber” Hera giggled, “They must have the wrong guy.” In hindsight, none of their rumor made any sense. The police had no warrant, they would have to track the lisence plate to know it was Hera’s car which obviously wasn’t going to be immediate. Especially not over drugs found in a car.

After that ended, AJ asked what they had been up to, and mentioned their undying loyalty and love-blind kindess to Hera because he hadn’t filmed any of this for blackmail, causing Hera to laugh again. Predictable. “Thank you.” She smiled, “For that, You can have one thing…” They looked around the room mischeviously for a piece of evidence. They cursed, looked in the opposite direction of the scene. “I don’t know what you could use against me.” They pondered the thought until a light bulb went off in their head, eyes twinkling to show off it’s light. She pulled out her phone from their sexy yoga pant pocket and clicked on video record, extending her arm out to capture the two of them before turning their head to face him. “I love you, AJ!” They smiled wholeheartedly to him and then the camera, wrapping their arm around him and kissing him on the cheek. End video. “There! Sober me will hate that. You can show them the video when they’re mad at you.” She pouted, using her puppy dog eyes and chuckled at herself.

@aesthetic ~ AJ

1 Like

After a decent amount of drinks on both of their parts, the lookthat Hera was giving AJ was no longer the same. There was something about her drunken self being able to display her affections without remorse that set off something in her that they could never see sober. It was Aj, their best friend, a companion, but also, in the eyes of drunk Hera: a lover. His hands gripped his glass, now more loosely after a couple of servings. This always happens. Time and time again Hera forgets that she sees him differently when the cage in her brain that holds her captive in unlocked, she runs wild. He held the drink with one hand that she was currently envisioning on their waist, gripped hard like she was his possession. In their head, he was kissing them passionately, it made her feel ways they did not know they were capable of feeling. In his eyes there was no love, no compassion, no friendliness. Only lust. Everything about this night, they knew they were going to regret later but they couldn’t hold back. “I’m sick of this.” They muttered under their breath, leaving their seat and signaling at the bathroom for AJ to follow her.

They held the door open for him to walk in and the moment his foot entered the door frame they found themselves slamming the whole thing shut. The space between them closed until in was nothing. He was beginning to see her in that way too. She could tell in the way that he followed her without questions, he was laughing at her jokes more than he usually does. Their eye contact became a mutual gaze filled with passion. Adrenaline rushed through their veins, his hands running up and down her body as though he had been longing to know how it felt for centuries, fingers gripping her tightly. Neither of them had any control over what was going on but neither did they want to.

time skip

Hera sat on the tiled floor, the strap of her outfit fallen loosely off of their shoulder, a sweat puddle resting on the pit of their collar bone, breaths heavy. Now what the f^ck.

@aesthetic you took too long to reply and the time skip is today LMAO this was kind of painful

1 Like

Dorian DeLoughrey
{ Date night gone wrong | 2020 }

What do you do when the only person you ever thought cared about you, a long time ago at least, was now standing in front of a crowd publicly dissing you? Just stand there and listen? Leave? Try to stop them? I guess it depends on the person and from someone like Dorian, with slight anger issues you’d expect a reaction. But… no. With confusion he watched this stranger walk away from him and onto the stage, taking a mic. Confusion that did turn into anger but not in the way you’d expect. It was more of a disappointment, in himself and her. A speech we all could agree Dorian deserved but that didn’t stop him from feeling hurt in a way he never felt before. One thing was suddenly being left alone to grow up, when you needed someone the most but it was something else watching that same person calling you out for everything you deeply believed in but never admitted. To yourself or others. Watching that person so carelessly speak in front of people about something they did not understand, but he did. In every word feeling called out and humiliated. Was he wrong to feel that way after putting her through the similar situation? After expressing his “hate” for the girl every chance he got? Maybe, but he had the right to feel that way because he’d never done or said anything close to this.

That jock that everyone likes. Or at least, pretends to like for affiliate popularity. Really a moment that started everything. Feeling like all eyes were on him, when they weren’t, only because he found himself in that statement. A guy that never thought his friends really liked him but didn’t give sh!t about it because attention is attention. Popularity is popularity and in the eyes of Dorian, it gives you a better chance of succeeding. Didn’t give sh!t… If only that were really true. It was just what he would make himself think while deeply down carrying that insecurity because if his best friend left him, why would anyone else like him and stay? It was easier to just pretend like you don’t care and he got really good at that. And if Jessica dared look at him at that moment, she would’ve seen how disappointed and hurt he was.

Just a second later she did do that. She did meet Dorian’s eyes, eyes of a boy frozen in place. What she saw in them he did not know, nor did he care at that point. Did she see how sad, how hurt and mad he was because of every word that left her mouth? Well… who cares, right? He did not try to hide his feelings, especially not after what she said next. The cover… that, by itself, has just a glimpse of what was inside. But a glimpse that was probably the most accurate description. Soon she got off the stage but Dorian still stood where he was, his eyes looking at the same spot but now he had a soft smile on his lips - pitying himself. He was there for another minute or 5, playing with a glass that was in his hand but looking down at the ground. You know… it really did suck hearing that. It really fcking hurt.

”I’m sorry…” Slowly walking back to his date who, as Jessica said, was having a better time talking about being on this date than actually being there with him, with his hands in his pockets Dorian quietly started. He always thought there was nothing that could ruin his date with someone and if he… if he didn’t care this little speech Jessica gave also wouldn’t ruin it. But it surely did. Enough to wish he wasn’t there, to wish he wasn’t on a date and to just leave the girl sitting there all alone. But he knew better that that. He would leave her but not without saying something. Not before lying to her. ”Something came up, I have to go home,” words that did not sound so convincing but he tried, he tried to force a soft smile as he gave her an apologetic look before leaving her some money to pay for a cab and leave. Not waiting for he to answer.
So that’s how his date went. He left the girl alone and went to his car. In silence drove himself home but instead of getting out, he stayed in his car for a while, just leaning against the door and staring at the gate.

2 Likes

The Alternate World Series: Malachi Azure - Part 1

Year 7: Age 24 - 25 (Kid is 1): Family is Chosen

“Alright kid - so New York Times daily updates. Apparently, the Pope accidentally made a baby cry. Good stuff, good stuff. Not surprised that an old white man can make children cry - are you?” Jess asked, raising her eyebrow as she looked at her little girl bouncing up and down her crib. “Yeah, I didn’t think so. Alright, next story. Arson by the bride… yikes imagine that. Seems like the bride’s fiancé escaped the wedding through the window and so the bride retaliated by burning down the church she was going to get married in. Okay if there’s not some karma there… I swear. Good for her I guess? Or him… Anyways…next there is ‘Trouble in Paradise: Royal family of Listeria seem to…’ you know what… that one doesn’t matter…” Jess whispered, allowing her voice to trail as her eyes met a photo of Kai. Putting the magazine down, Jess picked up her little girl, kissing Aria on the cheek as her baby coo’d in excitement.

This is how her mornings usually started; waking up and reading her baby some daily news. Feeding her, playing with her, writing stories when she could… or at least ideas for stories she wanted to research. Though, no matter what had happened in her past, Jessica wouldn’t trade the little girl for anything. Honestly, her entire heart belonged to the little girl dancing in her arms. Jess moved her head hearing someone enter the room and grinned at the man who walked in. Andy McAllister - the little girl’s godfather.

“Corrupting the mini nug’s mind again?”

“Hey hey hey - a little news in the morning never hurt anyone, Nug,” Jess smiled at her friend. Over the past few months - he had let her stay with him and the two just… helped each other. She helped pull him out of his slump after Ziah died and he helped her raise a little girl - no questions asked. That was what their friendship was. It was always no questions asked. If the other needed something, Jess or Andy would be there in an instant, and right now… they both needed each other. Jess sighed as the little girl moved her head towards Andy immediately - attempting to wiggle out of Jess’ hands so she could get closer to the man. “Okay okay fine. We see who’s your favorite, Aria,” Jess laughed, handing the little girl over to Andy and wrapping her arms around him for a second. Honestly, Andy would always be her family - and this baby girl loved the man with her entire heart and he loved her. No matter where her life had led her - she was happy. Happy with this little girl… with her …person being there to help her deal with everything.

“Kaii”

There was a little voice that met both Jess and Andy’s ears and for a second Jess thought she imagined it as she moved away from him, looking at her child with subtle surprise. But then her little girl said it again - looking behind Andy.

“Did she just… she just…”

“Kai…ya”

Jess looked behind her as a little five-year-old stumbled in, rubbing her eyes. There was a mix of emotions that met Jessica’s mind in that instantaneous moment. The excitement that her little girl said her first word… worry when she heard Kai leave her lips… and the intense relief Jess felt when the girl was trying to say Kaya.

“Good morning munchkin,” Jess smiled, picking the five-year-old up and laughing as her little girl said Kaya more times as she saw the older girl. Kaya immediately broke out into a grin, giving the little girl a kiss soon met with Andy throwing the girl up in excitement and catching her mid-air.

Yes… Jess was happy here. Happy with Andy, Kaya, and little Aria. But perhaps there would always be that worry about the little girl’s father: Kai Azure.

Year 8: Age 25 - 26 (Kid is 2): Choices

Laughter filled the house as Andy chased the kids in the backyard - a soft smile on Jess’ lips as she watched them. Usually, she would join them, but there was something that had been eating away at her recently. "So? What are you going to do Jess?

Jess moved her head away from her little girl to Daniel who was sitting at the table. Despite any frustration that he had when she told him the little girl was Kai’s - Daniel loved the little girl just as much as the rest of them. “It’s a good opportunity Dan… you know I love the London Post - she’s young… I think change will be good for her,”

There was a look on Dan’s features that Jess couldn’t exactly read as he watched her. “You’re right… it is a good opportunity… but are you sure you’re not using this as an excuse Jess?” Jessica Pierce immediately raised her eyebrows at the sentiment and let out an incredulous laugh. “I’m sorry, Dan, but I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, W@nker,”

The girl watched as Dan took a drink of his tea, leaning against the chair. Over the last two years - Dan had actually… gotton on good terms with Andy? At least better terms than they had been. Perhaps it was seeing him with Jess’ little girl that finally did the trick, but the two were almost… friends? Or maybe that was a bit of a stretch. “Come on Jess. You and Andy - do you think I’m blind? You’re both… happy… and I don’t know but with you whenever things get good again, you find a reason to leave. I’m not sure if it’s because that arse, Kai, hurt you and you think you need to run away whenever something stable comes along but are you sure about this? Are you sure about taking Aria away and moving to a new place because to me it just looks like you’re trying to stop anything that could happen between you and Andy so you don’t get hurt. Look… you know I"m the biggest supporter of you I just… make sure you think about this”

Jess looked at Dan with a surprised look and honestly… she didn’t know what to say. Maybe there was honestly in Dan’s assumption. She loved Andy but something in the pit of her heart kept reminding her that it was never more than their friendship. Part of her knew that this was a choice… a decision that could lead her to a completely different place in her life… either way she had to chose. And a choice she did make. “Come on Dan. Me and Andy are just friends and we always have been. I’m doing this for me and Aria… as much as I’m doing it for Andy. Look… he needs to get back out there and he’s never going to do that with his best friend living at his place. He needs his independence and I’m just doing what needs to be done. And let’s not forget - I won’t ever get offered an opportunity like this again. I just… need to take it, Dan. I need a new start.”

Dan didn’t argue with her that day - perhaps he did know more than Jess did. But a few days later, nevertheless, Jess took a crying Aria away from Andy and Kaya and to a new place they went. Back to London. To their new home.

Year 9: Age 26 - 27 (Kid is 3): It was coming, sooner or later

“Mommy… who’s my daddy?” Jess stilled slightly - looking at the little girl in slight surprise at the question. Jess was reading her girl a bedtime story and found herself closing the book as she looked at the girl. Not to say Jess hadn’t expected her little girl to ask one day… she just… well… never hoped it would be this soon. Jess had promised herself that she would never lie, not even to her baby girl. “What’s bringing this up, my love?” Jess questioned, as the little girl wiggled out of bed and into Jess’ arms to face her. “My…my friend Bonnie…she…was laughing with her dad when… he picked her up from school and… then she asked me who my dad was and… I told her I didn’t… know my papa and then…in the story the little bunny was with… his daddy…” .

Jess watched sadly as her little girl started tearing up before asking “Do I…do I have a daddy, mommy?” A soft frown met her lips as she wrapped her arms around her baby girl - kissing her forehead and whispering that it was okay so Aria would stop crying. After the girl finally calmed down, Jess took a deep breath and nodded. “You do have a dad… Aria. I’m… so sorry he hasn’t been a big part of your life so far and that’s partly my fault… but… I want to give you the world my love. Look at me…” Jess whispered, moving away so she could look at her little girl in the eyes. “I can’t promise you that he’s going to be a big part of your life… but the one thing I can promise you is that I will always be here. But look… I want this to be your choice. Do you want to meet your dad?”

It took a few seconds - silence filled the room as the little girl looked at her mom before slowly nodding yes. “Okay then… we’re going to go meet your dad okay… let’s talk more in the morning but for now, baby girl, you need to sleep,”

Two weeks of hell… that’s what Jessica Pierce had endured after figuring out when the next royal event was that Kai would likely be in attendance. Over the years, Jess’ presence at these functions had slowly diminished, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t still in the loop about what was going on in the world. And the next charity gala was one that the Prince and Princess of Listeria had investments in meaning either one, or both had to be there. In either case, she knew it was a likely chance that Kai would be there… and then she’d have to introduce him to his daughter. Her… daughter.

While her baby girl couldn’t stop talking about it - meeting her father - Jess couldn’t stop worrying about it. What he would think… what he would say… if he wanted anything to do with her… if she even wanted him to even be involved… no… Jess couldn’t take this away from Kai. Once she said her piece there was no taking it back, not this time. And that’s exactly what worried here. There was no changing this. He would forever be Aria Pierce’s father.

The charity gala was not one unlike the many Jess had been to over the years, but for Aria, it was a first. Aria was in awe. The excitement in the little girl was twofold. One, of looking like a “princess” which made the girl happy simply because she had recently been obsessed with princesses after Jess had told her that she was related to a man. And two… meeting her dad who Jess… honestly the girl hadn’t stopped talking about it, telling all her friends that she was going to see her dad soon. The room was filled with royals - though it was never difficult to locate those more important than… others. Guards filled the room, however, most of them were concentrated where there was a king or queen as well as princes or princess that was next in line for the throne. And after a few moments of looking… Jess found him.

Her heart ached as she watched him from the side - he was conversing with another dignitary in the middle of various guards but he was still… just Kai. Her Kai… no… sigh not hers anymore. It didn’t matter what fancy clothes Malachi would wear because to Jess he would always just be the person she met in the men’s restroom all those years ago. The person she fell in love with… the person who once had her entire heart in the palm of his hand… and… the person who broke her all the same. The person… who was her daughters’ father. Jess bent down to her daughter’s level and smiled, despite how much it hurt her inside “You ready, my love?” Jess asked, smiling as her daughter bounced up and down and nodded before putting her hand out and tightly holding her hand so the girl wouldn’t get lost. And with that… Jess walked into the lion’s den.

There were various royals attempting to get a moment with the prince - discussing legislation, funding, and other sh!t Jess didn’t care about - but soon enough, Jess found herself close enough that she could see him. And… within a few seconds… he saw her. Maybe they had always been drawn to each other, but his stare… the way he looked at her instantly brought all the feelings she had bubbling above the surface. There was so much love… and pain within a simple look. Despite being mid-conversation with someone, she found him moving towards her and without waiting, Jess muttered “We need to talk” when he was close enough to hear her. After she said that, Jess simply started walking. Her daughter ahead of her as she led him to the balcony where there were no other people. It took a few moments for Kai to excuse himself, but she soon found him entering the space without his guards. He didn’t say anything for a few moments. He simply looked at her and then she found his eyes moving down to the little girl beside her who was looking at him. Aria was hiding, hugging Jess’ leg as she peeked at him and for a moment - Jess said nothing. He didn’t either… perhaps neither truly knew what to say. Taking a deep breath after god knows how long of standing in silence, Jess started;

“God Kai… I thought about how to do this thousands of times over the years and I don’t think I ever got it right. Honestly part of me wondered if this would ever happen… I’m sure you would have never imagined being here either… talking to me and I wouldn’t blame you because after that night… after the press conference I never wanted to see you again because you were just that bloody arse who constantly…” a sigh left her lips as she realized she was rambling… saying things she truly didn’t need to say in front of her little girl. Looking away for a second and back at her daughter, Jess smiled at the little girl, letting her hand run in her hair. "What I mean to say before I started going off in a tangent is… bloody hell I don’t know how to say this… why isn’t there a bloody manual on how to tell the man who got you pregnant that he has a daughter I swear to…

Though she stopped there, because even if she didn’t know exactly what was coming out of her mouth - the way his facial expression changed meant that she had. His confusion changed to shock as his eyes moved away from her and back towards the little girl who was now holding her legs tighter. “Kai… meet your daughter… Aria” Jess finally let out as they both stood in silence.

So yeah… he was shocked. I mean… what could Jess expect. 4 years had passed since the two of them had seen each other and now there she was with a little girl who was peeking behind her leg at Kai. Aria’s bright blue eyes stared at her father, though continued to remain hidden until Kai finally walked closer to the two and bent down to meet her at her level. “Hi… Aria is it?” Kai questioned, letting the little girl tentatively nod. "That’s… a very pretty dress Aria. My name’s… Kai. Any chance I could see you twirl around in it?

It took a second for Aria to ease into what he was saying and while she hid, Kai simply continued talking. Telling her about his favorite color, what he liked, and if she did too until the little girl found herself moving towards the man and picking up her dress and started spinning with a small laugh. “My mommy says I look like a princess… are…are you a prince?”

Though upset at the situation itself… Jess couldn’t help but smile looking at her little girl and placing a soft kiss on her forehead. “Aria… I’m going to let you talk to your dad okay… I’ll be over there if you need anything” Jess whispered and watched as the girl nodded at her mom. Though scared, she knew her daughter would want alone time with Kai… and … he would too… and well… Jess didn’t want to ever get in the way of that… so she didn’t.

~3 hours later ~

For a while, Jess watched the two - smiling ever so slightly at Aria laughing: something Jess always thought brightened up any room. But after a while, realizing her daughter wouldn’t need her, Jess took a walk. She needed it: fresh air. That was exactly how she found herself in the garden behind the building - sitting on the bench and thinking. Though… did Jess ever really stop thinking? Her mind wavered over to the night of the press conference and… well… even before the incident. The good times she had with Kai along with the bad mingled among her thoughts. She didn’t realize how long it had been until she found someone approaching her.

Her little girl had fallen asleep in Kai’s arms and honestly… he looked less than happy to see Jess sitting there.

With his voice low, Kai started “Three years Jess? Three fcking years?”

Jess gave Kai a look before taking her daughter from his arms and laying her down on the bench she had been previously sitting at. With that, Jess took his hand and brought him a few steps away from her sleeping girl before continuing.

"Don’t give me that Kai. Don’t act like you don’t understand where I’m coming from. I had to make a choice and I did… just like you fcking made a choice that night when you decided to stay. Jess muttered, looking back at her sleeping daughter lovingly - in stark contrast with the words coming out of her mouth. "What did you want me to do? Call you while I was in North Korea? Say "Hey Kai? Remember me? The girl you ditched a year ago because you couldn’t commit to anything that mattered? Well, I’m pregnant. So do you want to go split-sies on who takes care of her? For Crist’s sake, don’t come at me with your holier than thou bull sh!t, I did what I thought was best and I stand by that. "

There was anger in Kai’s features, but there was also something else… perhaps understanding. A split-second movement in his emotions but it was there. Despite this, it seemed the anger still prevailed with his next words. “You still should have told me that I have a daughter before now Jess. I f**ked up, but three years? You had our daughter in North Korea, and when you brought her home you didn’t tell me she even existed.”

Ahh a good ol fight. Just what Jess always wanted. No, honestly, she never wanted this. Maybe it was coming - maybe it was always coming, but God did it make her angry. "Don’t patronize me Kai. I had a baby and I was trying to do what was best for my child and I’m sorry but this? This life Kai with you and the princess - do you really think Aria needed that? Needed to be treated like a b^stard child of the god-forsaken prince - to never really be treated like your own daughter because you’d have to keep her a secret and if it did get out to the press - we both know she’d get a brunt of the attacks. So fine - you can hate me for what I did but everything I did was for her.”

She saw it in his eyes - the moment she finished yelling. The way his anger dissipated and instead, it only left a hollow man. The man she had seen on the magazine photos, the one that no one could see but her. Broken… just like she was. “I just… would have wanted to know about her and meet her before now…”

Maybe she should have eased up on him. Related to what he felt but being around him just… brought back all the pain she felt when he hurt her. “We don’t always get what we want. We both know that more than anyone else huh? So what do you want from me Kai? She wanted to meet you - I let her. I’m trying to do right by her.”

Broken… yes. Those were the only words that could truly describe the man in front of her. “Jess…”

“Don’t… Kai… Just… don’t.me and Aria have a plane to catch. Thank you for not… letting her hopes down… I should go and you probably have things to do like… I don’t know… spending quality time with your wife who will never know about this. So… Sorry for wasting your time,”

With that, Jess walked back towards the bench and picked up her little girl. Kissing the sleeping babe’s forehead, Jess smiled at the innocence in her baby girl. One who would never know of what happened while she was asleep. “I’m…sorry Kai,” Jess whispered before giving Kai one last look and beginning to walk away from him… something she had become used to after years of doing it over and over again. Though what she didn’t expect was for him to follow her through the party, uncaring of what the guests heard, and say “No”

Jess turned to face him, pain in her eyes as he looked at her, his hands on her cheeks causing her to unintentionally shift towards his touch. Automatic… that’s always what it was - because there was always a comfort in his hands she could never truly erase. "“No Jess, don’t leave. None of that s**t matters right now. I just found out about her, you can’t just leave like this. I can’t just watch you leave with her. I need to know her… please…”

A sigh left her lips as she looked at him, tears forming in her eyes as she looked at the man. Aria had sleepily wrapped her arms around her mom, laying her little head on Jess’ shoulder and so Jess was trying to be as quiet as she possibly could.

" “I don’t know what you expect from me Kai. To go to Listeria with you and be pushed into one of the many rooms meant for your mistresses?" A soft laugh left her lips at the thought. “well for one, I’m pretty sure my banishment from that kingdom will get in the way of me sneaking around the castle being at your beck and call and two, I’m not going to put out daughter through that. She has a life in London and I’m not taking her away from that, away from her friends. Everything she knows is there and you Kai… you’re her dad but you’re also a stranger. So what do you want? Weekly face time calls when you can finally carve a second free from your busy life? Yearly visits when you’re in town for a function? No please… please tell me how your relationship works with Zach and Candice because honestly if that’s what you’re offering, I don’t want it because it’ll only hurt her.”

Jess looked at him… though soon it became readily apparent that they weren’t the only ones in the room. Rather, royals became eerily quiet at their words, looking at them with gasps. With that, Jess grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the front door and out of it where her car was waiting for her, hiding her daughter’s face in the process so no one with cameras could see her.

"Look Kai… I’ll work with you because she wants to know you and I would do anything for her. Like it or not, You are her dad. But honestly… how the actual fck do you think this is going to work? I don’t want you to be just a man who sees her every few years because she is honestly better with just me if that’s what you want.” [/color]

She truthfully didn’t… know what he wanted from her. She wasn’t staying here - Aria and Jess had a life. A family back in London and this… was just a blip in the road to Aria growing up.

“I don’t know what you want me to say Jess. I don’t know what the right thing to do here is. I don’t have the answers here, but I know I want to be in her life.”

A soft laugh left Jess’ lips at those words as she shook her head. If there was anything Kai should have said in this moment, it wasn’t that “That’s always been the problem with you Kai, hasn’t it? You don’t know what to do and then you make a choice that just breaks anyone who cares about you… You broke me… more than once or have you forgotten that? I don’t… want you to hurt her Kai… or get her hopes up… because you… Malachi Azure… always hurt those who care about you and my biggest fear is she’ll start caring and you’ll do to her what you did to me.”

“I don’t want to get her hopes up than hurt her, I want to be there for her. And believe me, Jess… I hate myself for what I did to you, and I still wish I would have just left with you before. That choice was one of the worst mistakes of my life.”

Jess closed her eyes; listening to the calm breathing of the girl in her arms to calm her down. “You wishing doesn’t change anything Kai don’t you see that? I can’t… oh my god I can’t do this anymore I… I need to go Kai… we need to go. I’m sorry… this was a mistake”

Jess looked at him before walking towards the car and getting in it, ignoring the way he was staring at her as she closed the door - tears filling her eyes as the car started and begin driving away. She could only look at her daughter… feeling… terrible… because although Jess wanted to give her daughter the world… she couldn’t… give her this.

Year 9: Age 26 - 27 (Kid is 3): Time moves slowly

The plane ride was… probably one of the most difficult things in her life - her daughter was visibly upset that they hadn’t stayed and that Aria couldn’t say goodbye to her dad. The moment she woke up, she immediately begin asking when she would see him again. Jess… just didn’t have an answer. She knew her daughter had fallen in love with the man… after all, Kai had that effect on people. Making people fall in love with him was a talent… but, more than that, he had always had a way with children. Jess could still recall the day of their first date… a lie of a date as she now understood and the strange way he was acting finally made sense in her mind. However, above it all, she could still remember the way he lit up as the little girl asked him to dance. That was the real him… or… she liked to fool herself into thinking it was the real him. At this point in her life, she never knew what was real and what wasn’t. Did she ever fall in love with him? Or did she fall in love with the ghost of a person who never existed?

Though, suffice to say, it was a long plane ride back to London. Her daughter crying for most of it… to the point where she had tired herself out and fallen back asleep a few hours earlier. Jess held the little girl once again, and after a long uber ride, the two were finally home. “I know Dan… okay maybe I was being stupid by going to see him but I’m trying to do what’s best… I’m fine… yes Dan Aria’s… she’ll be okay…” Daniel had called Jess the moment she landed, apparently flagging a video staring her and Kai and her baby - though he had already taken it down from the web, not before watching it himself, however. Jess smiled at the doormen of her condo, waving, before going to the elevator up to her home. What she didn’t expect, however, was for a man to be sitting outside the door - his head in his hands. Though when she arrived, he finally looked up - her name leaving his mouth instantly. Dan seemed to have heard that, asking immediately who the hell was with her and after a few seconds of getting over the shock, she answered. “Dan… I think I’m going to have to call you back…”

Hanging up on Daniel (something one should never do as it results in him practically calling every three seconds until you pick up again…), Jess looked at Malachi Azure. He came closer so he was standing right in front of her before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in for a hug - neither of them saying anything for a long time. However, both of them knew… from now on… things would be different… for better or for worse.

Year 9: Age 26-27 (Kid is 3): Gravity

Aria loved this new arrangement - having both her mom and dad around. There was something in the way she acted, but Jess knew the little girl was happy. A different type of happiness than when it was just her and Aria. For the past few weeks, Kai had been sleeping in the spare bedroom and helping around where and when he could - truly just trying to be as active as he could in Aria’s life. Jess did… try… to have a talk with him… about what happened with the princess and Listeria but it seemed it was a topic that neither of them truly wanted to get into. Perhaps it was the bubble they were in - a bubble where nothing else mattered. A bubble in which they had found a new normal… one that Jess enjoyed despite Daniel’s objections. Currently, Kai had gone to drop Aria off at school and Jess was finishing up an article about London’s homeless population for the post. A soft smile met her lips when she found the door opening, the man coming back inside and grabbing the newspaper he often read early in the mornings.

[color=firebrick] “Have you met Aria’s substitute teacher? I swear every time I drop Aria off, she hounds me with so many questions,”

A soft laugh left her lips as Jess closed her computer, looking at the man with a raised eyebrow. “I don’t know if you know this, Kai, but you’re a fairly attractive dude. Like, if I was a teacher and I saw you dropping a kid off with no wedding ring, I’d also hit on you, love.”

Though nothing had happened between the two…romantically, their relationship had become better… if not for them, for the sake of their daughter. There was still tension between them, but at the current moment, both were ignoring it.

There was a look on Kai’s face as he read the paper and Jess found herself gravitating towards him. “Hey what’s up?” Jess questioned, walking towards where he was sitting, but as she approached he put the article down - almost as if he was hiding it from her. “Hey now - I pay for the paper I think I deserve to read it,” Jess joked, but found him standing up and blocking her view, muttering something about it not being important. Giving him a look, Jess jumped towards the couch to grab the paper - though found him grabbing her by the waist and pulling her away. It was a struggle that ended up with them both on the floor, Kai’s arms pinning her against the ground as he grabbed the paper out of her arms again. Laughter left both of their lips in the makeshift fight though soon the two realized how close they were to one another.

The sexual tension in the air increased instantly, and Jess found his lips slowly navigating closer. Jessica wanted him… much like she wanted him years ago. It was always as if the two had a gravitational pull towards one another, despite their differences. Kai hovered right on top of her, one slight movement and his lips would be on hers and perhaps… jess would have made that first move. Though neither of them really had the chance when the door bell rang - instantly both Kai and Jess realized what was happening and pushed away from one another. An awkward cough and statement of “I should… yeah… get… right…” Jess got out, fixing her hair as she walked towards the door and opened it up, meeting an unfamiliar face. The man standing in front of her was wearing a black suit, a grim expression on his face. “Hello Miss Pierce. My name is Jenkins and I work for the Azure family. We were notified that Malachi Azure was living in your residence, is he in?”

“Jenkins?”

Jess moved aside as Kai came to the door, an unreadable expression on his features as he began speaking to the man who was (from what Jessica overheard) Kai’s parent’s personal assistant. Kai had gone in the hallway, however, the shouts coming from Kai were loud enough that Jess could hear part of what he said inside her living room. Something about dinner… mandatory… disappointment - so it didn’t take much for Jess to piece together what had happened. As Kai returned, the grim expression only growing, she knew what it was. Dinner with his family.

~5 Hours Later~

“So I get…get to meet my… grand…parents?” Aria asked in a little voice as the three sat in the car that his parents had sent. They hadn’t been told where they were going, but Kai did let her know she probably didn’t want to wear jeans and a t-shirt which, honestly, she probably would have. But instead, she came in a long dress and Aria wanted to dress up as well. Suffice to say, Malachi was correct because soon they found themselves at a French restaurant that had a waiting list booked two years in advance. Aka - Jess had never been there because it wasn’t her type of food, nor would she ever go if she had an invite. It was immediately apparent as Jess walked inside, her hand holding onto her daughters, that the only people in the restaurant were them - Kai, Jess, Aria, and Kai’s Parents. Though Ironically, the waiter still led them upstairs and to yet another private room. Jess was truly in awe about what these people would pay for privacy. As they entered the room, Jess watched as Kai’s father was reading the same newspaper that Kai was that morning, not putting it down even to look at the two, while his mother smiled.

“Kai… Jessica, thank you two so much for…”

“What the fck, Malachi. What is this?”

Kai’s father’s voice boomed in the room and Jess immediately found her daughter holding her hand tighter. It wasn’t that the girl hadn’t heard cursing before - Jess honestly had a sailor’s mouth - but there were certain words she avoided using in front of her daughter. Not to mention, the tone of the man’s voice was pure anger and Jess knew her daughter was scared. Bending down, she picked the little girl up - anger growing within herself though before she could get anything out, Kai responded.

“Don’t you ever… ever use that language around my daughter again,”

The tension in the air was high, to the point that even her daughter could feel it - tears coming out of her eyes as she called for her mom. Jess noticed that Kai’s mom was trying to calm his dad down, but she wasn’t going to subject her little girl to this. So instead of staying in the private room, Jess walked outside - sitting at a table far away from the room and tried to calm her daughter down. Jess could hear yelling from the other room, but she was trying her best to drown it out.

"Excuse me - do you have ice cream or… a cookie or something? Anything? Jess asked one of the waiters and it didn’t take long for them to get her something sweet so that she and Aria could enjoy while ignoring what was happening a few feet away from them.

“Mommy why are daddy and gram…grammy… grammy pa fighting” Jess smiled at her little struggle to say grandpa, though that didn’t stop her from sighing. “Aria… your dad and your grandpa… don’t have the best relationship… I don’t…”

“Hello… Jessica… do you mind if I join you two?”

Jess looked at the woman, and after a second, she nodded. After a few minutes, she sat across the two and couldn’t stop looking at aria. “You look… so much like your father,” the women started. Compared to Kai’s father, his mother seemed more… practical? Jess smiled as her daughter stood up, going to her grandmother and asking the woman questions. Though that didn’t change Kai bursting out the door a few moments later, slamming the door behind him and walking towards the three of them. Immediately, he walked over to his daughter sitting in his mother’s lap and picked her up. “Come on, we’re leaving Jess,”

Jess looked over at Kai - an anger within his eyes that she had never seen before. She thought for a second, and then stood up, put her hands out to grasp Aria and handed her back to Kai’s mom. “Do you mind staying with her while we talk?” Jess asked the woman and then pulled Kai towards the balcony. As they met the cold London air, Jess took a deep breath. "Are you okay Kai? What was that?

"Nothing Jess, let’s just go.

"Kai really? After shouting for what? More than a fcking hour? No seriously, what happened. If we’re in this together - let’s fcking be in this together.

It was clear that Kai wasn’t in any mood to talk, but at the same time, it was clear that jess wasn’t dealing with his sh!t.

“The article. The one he was p!ssed about. They were running a story about me leaving my wife and how I’m basically a terrible person. Dear old dad is angry that the Azure name is being tarnished and wants me to go back to her. I said no because I’m in love with and have been in love with someone else for years and then he said he’s disowning me. That’s pretty much how that conversation went unless you want a full rundown of every single moment?”

Jess looked at him, her eyes widening - mostly because that was a lot to unpack. But out of everything the statement that got her the most was “You… love me?”

Kai looked at her, the anger in his eyes dissipating and after a few seconds, she found his lips on hers. She didn’t know how long it was before the two finally pulled away, but she did know her arms were numb from the cold winter air “Yes… Jessica Pierce if it isn’t obvious and hasn’t been obvious, I’m in love with you”

Year 10: Age 27 - 28 (Kid is 4): An Ending and A Beginning

Happy. It was something Jess never imagined she would be. Not after everything she had been through she almost didn’t believe she deserved it. But now… yes Jessica Pierce was happy.

“MOMMY, DADDY WAKEEEEE UPPPPP” Jessica’s eyes opened to a little girl jumping on top of the bed that Jess and Kai shared and a soft groan left her lips as Kai grabbed his daughter and kissed her. “Happy Birthday my love,” Kai stated, looking in Jessica’s direction and she smiled back at him. Jess kissed her daughter who immediately smiled screaming happy birthday before looking at Jessica’s stomach. “When is he coming out mommy?”

A laugh left Jess’ lips - the little girl had been asking that very question since the moment she found out she was getting a little brother. Currently, Jess was approaching her due date in a week and the amplitude of the girl asking had only increased. "I don’t know my love - do you want to ask him to come out again?

Jess didn’t have to ask before the little girl started poking her stomach and telling her brother to get out or else which made both her and Kai laugh. Though the odd thing was, after a few more moments of poking, Jess felt something.

“Umm… Kai… I think… I’m pretty sure that whatever Aria said worked because…” she started, feeling a contraction. “because this kid is coming”

@Littlefeets - I will probably edit in the morning but I’m tired so this is what you’re getting
@CerealKiller - Mentioned in the first two years.

1 Like

Her father’s responses were a lot more serious that she had expected. Not understanding the consequences of her actions. Great. Well, it was hard to take that seriously when it hadn’t even been her actions that caused the potential consequences. Not that he could know that. But Annie knew that if she opened her mouth, she would possibly give him the name of the second party accidentally. So Annie, for a moment, just stayed quiet whilst he continued. Still extremely annoyed at the Officer who basically caused this to happen.

Though, around mid-way through her father’s rant, there was a point where Annie had a reaction. It was merely the poor arrangement of words, on the subject that needed to be lightly addressed around her. But it was enough. Enough to make her basically completely forget what they were actually here for. “Well, it’s good thing you don’t have to believe it, Kyra wouldn’t act like this,” Annie responded with bitterness, the eye contact they had being long gone. “That’s not-” She vaguely heard him start, but it was too late. “No, it’s fine, I know what you meant,” She interrupted, despite clearly proving otherwise, talking quickly and quietly before starting to turn around to the door. “And I’ll pass on that talk,” Annie started, substantially louder now. “Maybe while your talking to her you can finally sort your sh^t out. And since all you and her do is f^ck about on Instagram letting the whole world know that you obviously still love each other without actually facing truths so why should I now?” Annie continued, allowing the thousands of DMs she gets a day on the topic influence her words before her hand was on the door.

“I’ll be back later. To yours or moms… whoever’s,” Annie finally said, ignoring his calls for her to come back and leaving the station. As the cold air from the night hit her face, Annie looked around at where she had planned to leave her father for. Her phone she had only recently been given back buzzed before she could even begin to think of where to go. The unnamed culprit. Simultaneously a car pulled up in front of her. Without a second thought, or look behind her to see her father, she got in the back seat of the car where Ezekiel Griffin sat beside her with a face filled with guilt from his absence in the past few hours.

Before he could begin to say anything, “Don’t worry about it, I handled it,” Annie vaguely stated, using her extremely loose definition of handling something.

@.astxrism Ezekiel Griffin
@.benitz786 Jordan Williams

2 Likes

Dorian DeLoughrey
{ Dream - another dream - reality | 2035 }

Stepping inside of Dorian’s house in a quiet and rich neighbourhood of Miami, one would find themselves in a bright hallway, staircase leading to the second floor. And then the third floor. Tall windows with no curtains and diamond chandeliers, a piano in the corner right next to the front door. Another one in the living room that was right around the corner; big and bright room with a high ceiling looking out to the shore. To Dorian’s private beach right in front of a yard with two pools and a bonfire. A bar next to the bigger pool with his personal bartender Francis, two girls in a bikini drinking pina coladas. His bedroom was on the second floor with a marble bathroom and a closet that was bigger than his bedroom; a closet filled with free stuff he received over the years working with multiple brands, from Nike to Gucci and Luis Vuitton. It was the most expensive house he could find in that part of the city so it was the only house he could ever think about buying. Imagine that headline: “Take a look at Dorian DeLoughrey’s new Miami mansion worth over $300 million.” Wasn’t that a dream? It was more than that. But… was it Miami? He felt like he did live there, it just… this place didn’t look like it.

His bedroom was on the south side of the house and it had a perfect view - his backyard and the beach. It was a perfect mix of luxury and peace and that’s why Dorian would often just stand out on his balcony, only a towel wrapped around his waist as he proudly stared at the ocean. Or sometimes down in his backyard when he had some company like he did today. There were four models there 4 hours ago but he had to go to the gym and then his soccer practice so now there were only two, two girls he has been with before and liked more than the rest. Was that what he was hoping his love life would end up looking like? Maybe. He never thought much about it, he was just looking for some fun knowing he never wanted to get married or have kids. That was not and never will be in his plans for the future. Where he was now was the happiest he has ever been and he wouldn’t change it for anything. He had some relationship a long time ago but they never ended well so what was the point in trying? What he really wanted, all his life was to be known for soccer and he achieved that… Just look at him. Two brunettes waiting for him by the pool while he was relaxing on a balcony of his mansion, without a care in the world.

”Ladies,” he greeted them the moment he got back downstairs and was outside again, his famous cheeky smile not leaving his lips. But… the whole time there was this… strange feeling of something not being right. He did not pay much attention to that, it was easy to ignore it when he’d receive sweet smiles from those lovely girls. ”There’s a new club opening up tonight,” Dorian started, for a second glancing back at his house before meeting their eyes, subtly smirking. His back now resting against the bar as he grabbed a glass Francis passed to him, without even having to ask for it. ”Third room on the third floor. You already know-” Before he could even finish that, they were already rushing back inside, hand in hand and he could only hear their giggles. What was in that room? Not much just tons of girls clothes, dresses, heels… really anything a girl could wish for. If he wanted to go out with them he had to make sure they looked nice and he had more money than he needed so it wasn’t a big deal. He was not a sugar daddy, no, don’t think that. He just liked to spoil his women with nice things. A thought that made him feel… weird. He was just sure that’s not what he was usually doing, suddenly it seemed out of place. He would spoil his women just not in that way, not with luxury…

”Dorian!” Soon, there was a familiar face standing in front of him, bringing him back from his thoughts. Charlie, his good old soccer buddy he’d spend the most time with but… how did he get in? ”I brought…” Charlie continued, looking back at a little girl who was around 6 running past Dorian to go to the beach. ”No need to tell you now, do I? She was begging me to come along and let her play with your little one and you know how that goes… You can’t really say no-”
”Huh? I don’t have a daughter,” confused, Dorian cut him off, placing the glass down. ”Yes, you do.”
”No, I don’t.
Yes, I do.

Waking up gasping fir air, Dorian found himself in a different bedroom, a more familiar one. Familiar, white bedsheets, familiar doors and a mirror on the ceiling but… the view from it was still the same. It was a detail he ignored, remembering where he was, who he was with; remembering he did have a family and what happened was just a silly dream. Letting his back hit the bad again with a loud sigh, he rubbed his eyes before reaching out to his wife who was next to him. Or he thought she was… he felt that side of the bed was empty and when he looked to the side that only confirmed that he was, in fact, all alone. That was strange… Maybe she couldn’t sleep and was somewhere downstairs, right? It wouldn’t be the first time but why was that making him so nervous? Why did he get up in such a rush then, throwing the sheets off of him to the side? When he opened the door he wasn’t met with his hallway… it was the same hallway from his dream. Or what he thought was a dream… Was it a dream? No - what was a dream and what wasn’t? Everything that happened just had to be a dream… he really did have a wife, he really did have two kids but why were all the rooms empty then? Opening every room on that floor he wasn’t met with anything. Nothing. Just an empty white space with a window.

Umm… where are his kids? That’s when he started to panic a little bit. This couldn’t be real. Maybe they were downstairs, maybe he overslept but just didn’t realize so they were outside playing without him. Running down the stairs that weren’t like his he was now standing in an empty living room. His kitchen was also empty. Everything was quiet. Everything except his backyard… suddenly he could hear music coming from that direction only to see the same scene from minutes ago - Francis and two brunettes. That little girl who wasn’t his running past him to open the door leading to his backyard before he heard his friend behind him, once again. ”Dorian!”

And…
Wake up again.
Gasp for air again.
Look to the side and find yourself alone in a room, again.
But this time was different. His bedroom was his. It was the same bed he slept on for so many years. The same feeling he would get every time he woke up in that room but now he still felt panicky simply because he was alone. Repeating his steps - throwing the sheets off of him and getting up in a rush, when he opened the door everything was back to normal. It wasn’t a dream anymore. Everything was where it was supposed to be. That big plant next to a tall window beside the staircase, three doors in front of him. One leading to his daughters’ bedroom… in which they were sleeping. He felt relief, for a second leaning against the door frame and closing his eyes. It was fine. Everything was just a bad dream. But, uhm, where was his wife? Once again he found himself running down the stair but this time there was a person in the kitchen, a glass in her hand as she was, what he could guess, drinking water. He didn’t hesitate. Walking up to her he took that glass from her and put it down before kissing her and then simply wrapping his arms around her, not saying a word. Not letting her say a word.

1 Like

{ after the party | 10th September 2039 }

Ezekiel didn’t even see Annie getting out, he was focusing on his text that even the door opening startled him. A look of guilt quickly washed over his face, seeing her plopping down next to him, seemingly looking completely fine. Or just normal.
There was not a moment of silence as she had done that that would’ve allowed him to say something. To apologize and ask what happened after he left. She was quicker than him, tried to convince him she “handled it”. That he did not doubt but how she did that was another question. What even handling it meant was a bigger problem.

”I’ll believe you and not comment on that,“ a quiet sight left his lips as he leaned back in his seat, slightly shaking his head before signaling the driver they can continue. At first not explaining to Annie where they were going or if she even wanted that. ”But I really do hope everything ended up being alright and I am very sorry,” his words were sincere as he tried to smile and force himself not to talk about it anymore, figuring she would prefer that. Usually he wouldn’t let that happen but now, when he messed up and left her to deal with it alone, he couldn’t complain. ”Anyway…“

”I thought you probably wouldn’t want to go home now… Neither do I. So what do you say we go to this hotel down the street and just avoid life for the night?“ Meeting her eyes, there was his famous cheeky smile, playing with the zipper of his bag. ”It sounds bad I know!! But my intentions are pure. I just really don’t want to go home and I already paid for it so…“ He quickly tried to defend himself, laughing lightly.

@/novella - Annie

1 Like

He knew it was a mistake the minute it left his mouth. Hurting her in that way… he never meant for it to sound like that. So when she turned the sentiment back on him, responding with a comment about how Kyra would never act like this, he tried to stop the cascade. “That’s not-” though it was too late because he soon found his daughter turning away from him after uttering that he and Sadie needed to… sort their sh!t out. “Annie… I don’t…”

Though honestly, Jordan didn’t even have an opportunity to get another word out. Rather, he found her walking away from him and he was left regretting ever sentiment that had left his mouth. Fck… what had he done? Jordan closed his eyes, not caring that he was in the middle of the station as he messaged his temple, and then, he went and sat back in one of the seats. Was he that bad of a father? Because honestly… at this point he felt like he was doing a worse job than his own pop. Truthfully… Jordan didn’t know how long he was sitting there before he pulled his phone back out, dialing the number he knew by heart - and once again, finding it go to voicemail.

“Hey… I…” a soft sigh left his lips and he knew that Sadie would understand how he was feeling, even within the miniscule moment. “I bailed Annie out but we had a little fight and she stormed off… I don’t… know where she is but I think she needs time from me…She said she may come back to yours so I just wanted to give you a heads up… Call me when you’re free so we can talk about this.” Another deep breath inhaled, his mind went to Annie’s last words. "Maybe… we should do it in person. I’m going to be home for the rest of the night just call me and I can drive over… probably won’t be able to sleep until I know Annie’s safe with one of us. With that, the call ended and once again, Jordan stat still - replaying every moment that had just happened in his mind again and again.

Timeskip a few hours later

Jordan finally wandered home though it took a long time. Justin was at Yale sleeping in his college dorm and Kyra had a sleepover tonight so at the moment, it was just him alone in a big house. It was something that Jordan had become used to over the years, being alone. After he and Sadie divorced that’s often how it was… unless he had the kids but it always felt so lonely. Though, Jordan found himself sitting at his piano playing random notes just trying to get his mind off everything. He had changed into pajamas - his joggers on though he hadn’t made an effort to put a shirt on. After all, what was the point? His eyes wandered down his arms. Tattoos filled his sleeve - though they all had a meaning. There was one for each of his accomplishments, everything he was proud of. A tattoo that represented each of his children, and even one that was for Sadie. Though that one was a matching tattoo that he never had the heart to cover up. Honestly, no matter what, she was still a part of him and always would be.

Jordan was brought out of his thoughts when he heard a doorbell and he was just hoping… hell praying it was Annie. Walking towards the door, Jordan didn’t even look at the security cam and rather simply opened the door - though, instead of Annie it was Sadie… Monroe who stood in front of him. “Sa… sadie I’m… I didn’t expect you… I’m sorry I just thought you were Annie. I’ve been worried sick for the past few hours… why don’t you come in?” Jordan asked - leaving space so she could walk inside. “I didn’t know if you had gotten my messages… I knew you were working late tonight…”

@novella

2 Likes

“I don’t know!! I saw some girl picking a fight with Charlotte and I caved!!”

He raised a brow. “Charlotte? Who is that? Please don’t tell me you just met this person and got in a dight for them.” Aj told her, starting to laugh softly at that. “Honestly? I’m sure this year will be even worse than this one party, so who really is at the blame… Blue Royalty, I think.” He explained.

Aj pretty much winced at the word once she had repeated it, hoping no one around them heard. Especially Hartley. Phoebe already knew — in fact, she was the one who had seen him get sent off. “Yeah…” He whispered, rubbing the back of his neck as he took a sip of his drink. “I’m okay… I’m not dead yet, right?” He joked, grinning as if it would lighten the mood. And he usually did. Any smile Adlai James blew your way would instantly make you feel ten times lighter. His energy was a constant ray of loyalty and love and passion, and every where he went he brought his display of happiness with him. It was a good quality to have.

“Mhm, you’re welcome.” He told them in response to their thank you. Aj was pretty good at blackmail believe it, or not. Anything you did against him would be punished for — and with evidence. “For that, You can have one thing…” He grinned, leaning forward with his brows raised. “Oh, yeah? What’s that?” He asked, rubbing his finger on his lip as he waited.

Aj watched almost astonished as Hera clicked record on her phone with a big ”I love you, AJ!” as the two of them were on the screen. Aj laughed and gave them a cute lil nose scrunch, and the video was over. “You’re reeeaalllyy drunk, aren’t you?” He joked, placing his drink down with a smile.

“But before you put that up—“ He started, pulling their phone from their hands, “I’ll be sending it to me.” He finally finished, hitting the airdrop button to send it to his phone. “Perfecto!” He said, making a chef’s kiss on the tips of his fingers and putting them in the air delicately.

“Have you done a task yet?” He asked this randomly, resting his chin on his palm as he looked at them. “I’m not even sure if I can ask that, but whatever.”

@raviola hera

1 Like

He read them how a violinist reads his best piece. Effortlessly, with pride, and this sort of memorization of how she flows melodically. He understood her like he crafted her from tweed, cement, and memories himself. “AJ- how did you- stop!!” They looked down shamefully. They had been caught, and she did not like it. AJ knows how Hera gets when theyre very passionate about someone. They wondered if they would ever get like that over Adlai. They obviously would if it were any member of their family, even Sammy, the boundless child of nature. Currently their relationship consists of love, but trust? Hera could probably get passionate over him, but she didn’t know if it would mean anything at the end of the day. Sure they knew each other’s secrets but Hera didn’t even know he had been to rehab! They were a terrible friend.

“No, it’s my fault. I let my passions control me.” They admitted with a sigh, eyebrows raising at the thought of her, though. “To be fair, she’s pretty hot” They smirked, leaning in towards AJ to nod their head up in charlie’s direction, the way she learned from the classy studs in the dingy old bars they snuck into when they were younger. Hera’s parents wouldn’t teach her that. They don’t point at people, in this part of California people just talk sh^t and expect you to know who they’re referring to because everybody is somebody here. “Isn’t she so hot!!” The drunk Hera came back when she saw AJ again. Eyes lingering down to his lips as they spoke. It was happening again. They expected it to happen at some point, but this was still too soon, so she darted her eyes in the other direction.

“Hey, bartender,” They asked him as if she didn’t know him by name. Not because they were slick but because they kinda forgot it for a second. “Get him a…” They muttered some strong item from the top secret menu. Aka the drinks that the bartender was too lazy to make so he just didn’t tell people they had the ingredients. Everyone knows the best recipes are kept a secret. AJ hadn’t even had much of what was being advertised to him. He didn’t grab any of the drinks that were being handed out, much less had he tried the actual good stuff. Of course he probably didn’t want to try them because he just got out of rehab, but Hera didn’t know.

“Haha, very funny.” She smiled a little bit, shrugging. “Now do I have to take your special drink away? Or are you good?” They tried to be as gentle as possible, but this was definitely not the place AJ needed to be for him to recover. “You can’t relapse just yet. Think of how yucky alcohol tastes!! My breath right now reeks of it. See?” Hera sloppily approached his face again, tilting her head for a second and looking at him sweetly. “I forgot how much I like your face.” They blurted. He really was so pretty. Even sober Hera could admit that. The motherf^cker is beautiful. He has big teeth that make his smile ever so charming when they flare because of the light above them. He has big soft lips and curly hair that all the straight girls obsess over. Hera never really understood that. Mostly because she likes women whose locks cascade perfectly down their backs like a tranquil stream. Addy’s hair just looked like he’d make cute kids. Breeders, am I right :roll_eyes:.

“Anyways, ha” They breathed. “Sorry” She giggled at herself. “That was wrong.” They accepted softly, holding their own hands in her lap. Hera wasn’t going to argue for themselves on this one. Hera knows when they do things wrong. And if they can’t be dependable, they can at least hold themselves accountable.

Hera laughed more when he rubbed her gratitude in their face. He rubbed his finger on his lip and that was when Hera knew they were officially drunk. Because that simple touch that didn’t affect her remotely hit so different. Hera always laughed about the straight girls that found Adlai attractive, but when drunk, they became the very straight girls they never took seriously. His gesturing that she would normally think is stupid were now their own melody apart from her own that AJ found incredibly decipherable after all this time being friends. The little things he did became the beat to a drum that Hera wanted to harmonize with… if you know what I’m saying. Now she was definitely going to kiss him in the blackmail video. He would probably kiss them back when he got drunk enough. Sh^t. Yet another detail that drunk Hera always seemed to forget. Not that they were mad about it.

AJ gave them a cute little nose scrunch in the evidence, and to make matters worse… they actually returned it. They were going to find that video so deeply repulsive in the morning. For now though, his corny stuff was charming. She liked matching his sweet energy every once in a while. Eventually, his softness will probably have more of an effect on her, which she still isn’t ready for, but he was worth the trouble. She thinks of him when she listens to Writer In the Dark by Lorde.

i am my mothers child, i’ll love you til my breathing stops
i’ll love you til you call the cops on me

They don’t know much about their mother, but the way they love must be some crazy genetics because this kind of feeling is not taught. From what they remember, it sounds like her. Unconditional, blind, a little bit toxic. Hera didn’t want to be like that though, not fully. And about the cops, police sirens were a sound Hera knew all too well. Hera knew that she had to clean up her act, but some people made returning to that life so easy. For the stable person that they are percieved as, they always let their emotions make them reckless. And alcohol, too.

“Stop looking at me like that!!” Hera BLUSHED. Never in their life do they blush. But when this very pretty, almost lunar-faced man smiled at their white girl wasted, heterosexual self, it was hard not to. Her blood pressure rose even more when he actually sent it to himself. “Stop!!” She laughed, embarrassed. “Fine. Be like that.” They crossed their arms, pretending not to listen when he apologized just do he would talk more. He didn’t say it back, but Hera didn’t really mind. Even drunk Hera isn’t specific about that stuff. Plus, they were never really used to being told I love you all the time. She grew up in the foster system and was then adopted by frigid but well-intented valley lesbians. Maybe that’s why the way they love people is so sudden and intense. She was never taught regulation. Only outbursts.

Speaking of regulation, these consistent assignments from Blue Royalty got on their nerves. “Adlai, of course I’ve done a task. I have started way too much sh^t today for me to have not.” They pulled their foot up to the stool so they could re-tie their heels, “I don’t know if I’m supposed to tell you either” They made a loop, “But the task I did do was at the cat fight over there.” They pulled the other lace through and put their foot down, signaling again and then looking back to AJ. “The one I haven’t done-” They paused, remembering what it was way too dramatically. “Shall remain a secret.” Then they looked to A’s drink, eyes widening. “Don’t drink that!!” They said, relaxing their tone of voice. “You just can’t.”

Hera needed to stop him from drinking more than ever now. He just came out of rehab, and he was only more likely to want to finish the task with her if he was under the influence!! She was drunk too, but no decision their friend makes unconsciously makes him accountable. Especially not when Hera could have stopped him. If she wanted to be a better friend, she could do so now. Like this, this was the opportunity given to them so they could redeem themselves and they didn’t want to mess it up.

@aesthetic oops :)
lol this is 1390 words

1 Like

{ Young Phoebe surfing with dad | 2033 }

”WOAH,” Phoebe’s voice echoed in the surf shop her father took her to as she ran to the surfboard that immediately caught her attention. ”Look at this one!” With a huge grin, she pointed at a purple board and looked back at her father who was telling her to slow down. It’s been 4 days and 17 hours since Riker promised her they’d go to find her a new board because she had outgrown her old one and she couldn’t wait for it. It was the only thing she was talking about since that promise. Maybe she even tried to make him take her sooner… that same day. But Phoebe had school and other responsibilities she couldn’t ignore… her mother making sure she did that. Speaking of her…

”We have to find one for Amie! A yellow one, like mom’s!” As usual, Amelia stayed home with their mom and little brother. Even if she wasn’t that good at surfing, don’t tell her that, there was not a moment when Phoebe wouldn’t think about her sister. If she wanted something, she always wanted Amie to get that same thing. If she wanted to do something, she wanted Amie to be with her. No matter what. Like now - if Phoebe was getting a new board she’d make sure her dad got one for Amie as well. ”I really like this one! Can I get it, please? And I thiiink Amie would like-” in an attempt to turn and start walking around to find a yellow board, not really giving her father a chance to speak up, she bumped into a worker approaching them, ready to help. ”Oops, I’m so sorry,” stumbling back and almost knocking down everything, she tightly grabbed her dad’s arm for support. ”Good morning, we’re here to get this (points at her purple board) and I need to find one more-” But Riker took over that conversation. There were times when Phoebe tried to be the adult in a situation, like now - speaking first and pretending like she knew everything, but her father cutting her off didn’t bother her that much this time. She got an opportunity to wander off and explore the shop.

Later

There truly wasn’t anything Phoebe enjoyed more than being in the water. There was not a single day when she wouldn’t come to the beach and spend as much time as she could there. Blame it on her parents getting a beach house and NOT Riker dressing her up like a mermaid when she was a baby. Phoebe could always just wake up and run outside being met with a beautiful view and her dad surfing. He was the reason why she wanted to learn it. Only recently, when she got a bit older, was when she recently took it seriously and begged him to get her a professional board and teach her how to be the best at it, just like he was.

Dangling her legs near the shore, away from all the waves, Phoebe was sitting on her new board in her new wetsuit, waiting for her father to come over to her. ”Amie didn’t want to come,” was the first thing she said when he got near her. ”Scared little baby.” Although she said it as a joke with a cheeky smile, there was some truth in it. When they both started learning and practicing it was a mess. They couldn’t get into the right position, they weren’t putting the weight on the right foot, couldn’t stand up fast enough… but Phoebe, unlike Amelia, quickly got a hang of it and actually enjoyed it. And soon those 5 euphoric seconds, feeling like she was on top of the highest mountain, started being her favorite.

2 Likes

Shorts Series: A Bad Dream - Part 1 - 2033

After everything that Jessica had been through in her life, part of her didn’t believe she deserved the happiness she had attained. The pure love she felt for her husband… for her kids… for her family and her friends. Part of everything she had now just felt like a dream. Maybe… maybe she didn’t know if she truly deserved it, but what she did understand was that she would never take her life for granted. Her eyes remained closed as she thought about it all in the bed her and Dorian shared. Her life… how she had gotten there after years of pain. She had woken up a few moments ago, though made no effort to get up - rather, simply begin thinking about everything.

Jess knew that her newborn would start crying soon to get fed - for the the brief moment she had before Zoe woke up she simply wanted to reflect… well… until, of course, Jess felt Dorian’s lips on her neck causing the girl to moan. “Love… we can’t…” Jess mumbled, though her hand moving towards his head, making no movement to push the man off of her. It wasn’t the first time her and Dori had been quiet with one another, though she knew they didn’t exactly have the time “The kids are going to wake up soon Dori…” she continued. She felt the man stop, and sighed slightly - a mixture of relief and well… a little upset because maybe she wanted him to continue.

“Kids? Dori? Who the hell is Dori?”

Jessica Pierce instantly stilled - she felt cold and her eyes snapped open instantly. The first thing that she felt was a lack of familiarity towards the surroundings. This wasn’t… her house. Her bed… her… man. Turning towards the previous voice, Jessica saw a man that she had never met before - though he seemed to recognize her. The man had dark hair, dark skin, and striking green eyes. He was handsome, Jess would give him that, but he was also a fcking stranger. There was an immediate movement to cover her body - realization that she was naked. Grabbing the blanket, Jess covered her entire body and quickly moved away from the man, tripping slightly as she backed away, her heart racing as she looked at him. It wasn’t hard to realize that he was naked as well since she had the only blanket that was on the bed. “Who the bloody fck are you?” Jess questioned, fear filling her mind at what she had done. How was she going to tell her husband this… she couldn’t even remember what happened but it wasn’t difficult to put the pieces together. God… was she drugged? Was that what happened. It didn’t matter because all Jess could see everything she had falling apart right in front of her. OH my god Dori. How the hell was she supposed to explain this… how would he forgive her. God what the fck would she do?

“Jess… do you need some water or something? It’s… me? Derek… your boyfriend for the last half a year? Oh I get it, is it one of those jokes that you play… very funny darling, now come on - let’s get in a quick one before I have to get to work and you have to finish that article due tomorrow.”

What. The. Fck. ‘Derek the boyfriend’ was looking at her with utter confusion and Jess was just trying not to look at his… well his dck that was hanging out in the open and was clearly hard. Honestly she was just trying not to freak the fck out. “I have to… go… I need… where are my kids?” Jess didn’t wait. She tried to find her clothes, though couldn’t find them scattered on the floor like they would be if this was a one night stand. Despite that, her body covered with just a blanket, she left. She moved out of the room immediately and grabbed her phone on the table before rushing outside the condo as the man tried to scream her name. Jessica went into the staircase and ran down a few of the steps before stopping to look at her phone. “Dorian… Dorian… what the hell…” she mumbled, looking for her husband’s name though not finding it in her contacts. Though it was probably a good thing that she could remember his number without trying, quickly saying fck it as she went to the dial page and called her husband’s number.

Fear filled her entire being as the phone rung… once… twice… three times… click. “Dorian… thank god you picked up I need… I messed up I don’t… fcking know where I am I just… I need you to pick me up. Are Shay and Zoe okay? Tell them their mom will be home soon… please… I’ll… I’ll explain everything soon.”

There was a silence on the line for a few seconds before the individual started talking. “Hey… uh… sorry about all of that but I think you have the wrong number. My names Mike… I’d check the phone number you dialed…” Jess heard the man hang up and she looked back at the number she dialed… the issue was that the number was… Dorian’s. What the hell was happening today?

There was only one other person Jessica trusted, and she found herself going into her contacts and calling Daniel - though that only took one ring before he picked up.

“Hey love, what honor do I owe you for the call, weirdo? Weren’t we supposed to meet up later today or did I miss something… wait… please tell me you’re not going to cancel - I already bought a new look and everything and I promise it was going to bloody impress.,”

“No… Dan… I don’t… I don’t know what’s happening… I need you…I… I don’t know where I am… and I was in someone’s bed… I just…I need you”

There was something that shifted in the conversation and immediately, she heard shuffling around. “I’ll be there in 5 minutes Jess… stay where you are and keep your phone on you”

There was no describing how Jess felt waiting for her cousin in a dark stairwell… naked. God she felt like she was 16 again and all se wanted was to go back to her warm bed… wrap her arms around her kids and never let go. However, that’s exactly what scared her. Jess found herself navigating her phone - looking through her messages, her phone, but it truly seemed like nothing was hers. This life… this person… it wasn’t hers. Not to mention the date was wrong, for one. Her phone read June 5th, 2029 meaning she jumped back 5 years and everything on the phone itself felt unfamiliar. Looking through her messages, she found various ones between her and “Derek” - ones that were highly inappropriate. Not to mention, her photos were just… not her. There were pics of her… or someone that looked like her with people she had never met before.

The only saving grace in it all was when she found Daniel running up the stairs - confusion in his eyes when he looked at Jess. “Come on Jess… let’s get you somewhere safe”

~ 4 hours later ~

Four hours - that’s how long Jessica Pierce had been arguing with Daniel. He had picked her up, driven her to yet another unfamiliar house in which he apparently lived in for the past few years and given her clothes before asking if Derek had hurt her. That was when all of the arguing started. Jess explaining… everything. How she didn’t know what was happening, how she needed to know where her husband Dorian was… and that… well that ended in laughter from Daniel who also thought she was playing a practical joke. For hours, it was Daniel just pretending to go along with what she was saying and then shooting her down telling her she couldn’t get him. And then he started getting slightly worried - because Jess wasn’t easing up on any of this any time soon. Though soon laughing again thinking the joke was still continuing.

“Okay Jess. Let me get this straight,” Daniel started, raising his eyebrow at the girl with a worried expression though a mixture of bemusement as he still didn’t completely believe what she was saying. “So… apparently when we were 18, you came back to Cerulean High and spent the rest of senior year with us because of someone named Kai threatening you through blue royalty… which also can I say your research is superb because that Prince Malachi did end up coming during my senior year and I don’t think I ever told you that. But anyways, Kai and you dated for a few months and then he broke your heart and during all of that you and Dorian became friends again. After the Kai fellow broke your heart, you and Dorian started dating but that only lasted a year because you wanted to protect him or whatever so you broke up but were still friends. Then 10 years later, which is literally like now, you met up before the reunion - started dating again and then got pregnant. Had a baby girl, then got married to the idiot, and then had another baby girl. And right now it’s supposed to be 2035 with you living in Miami with Dorian… your husband… and two kids?”

"I mean that’s the cliff notes version of 10 years of my life but yes, Dan, that’s what happened.

“You know I think the most hilarious part of all of this is the fact that you said that me and Valerie Wood… which also, did you have to pick her in your fantasy? You couldn’t pick one of the better girls? Like what about any of the 500 girls who went to your school? Seriously they all would have been a better and more believable choice than bloody Wood. Anyways, we - that being Valerie and I - got married and had a daughter and then later a son? I would have said you had me going for a bit but that ruined the whole joke, Jess.”

“Dan… I’m not…”

“Like seriously. Valerie? Really? Urgh. She’s on tv now and I literally avoid any movies with her - she still p!sses me off. I think I’ve talked to her once in the last decade and that’s because we ended up being on that Jimmy Fallon Show right after each other and that went terribly because I left. Any show that has Valerie Wood on it is not a show that is worth my damn time. And then you said that me and Jezebel were actually friends. God I haven’t talked to her in a decade either since that bullshit she pulled on me. I mean, nice try but seriously Jess, but come on. I think this joke has gone a little too far now,”

"God Dan, I don’t know what you want me to say. That’s what happened. I don’t… I don’t understand. I just… that was our life. "

“Whatever joke this is, Jess. It needs to stop. We both know you never came to Cerulean high during senior year. You stayed here, you never got back into contact with Dorian - thank god because he’s an assh0le that no one likes - and you moved on. Same thing with Andy - he’s a fcking mess now. Have you seen all those magazine articles about him getting drugged up every weekend. Like damn, you’re 29 man - grow the fck up. Anyways, what really happened, as we both know, is you stayed here. We went to Oxford, you had that interview with the Listarian government… oh is that how you know about Kai. That makes sense, you probably did research about him coming to C High. Anyways, then that Korea stuff did happen and you got a pulitzer for that, and now you’re doing some side hustles for the London Post. I, on the other hand, and happily single and have been for the past 10 years. Now I’m chilling at the CIA. God ew, imagine me with kids. I would hate that. I mean just look at Mikel and Jezebel - like they’ve been together for 10 years and they hate each other. 3 kids or not… pretty sure they’re both cheating on each other. I would 100% never want kids.”

A laugh met Dan’s lips as he pored himself a drink. “I honestly think the only people who are happy and have kids are Jordan and his wife… Ally? Yeah I think that’s her name. It’s that pop star chick - though I don’t know what you’re talking about, he never came back to Cerulean either. And then Elo and that Mark dude she met at Oxford have 2 kids now,”

It was clear that no matter what Jess would say, Dan wasn’t going to believe her and honestly… she didn’t know what to do. “Just… where is Dorian right now Dan? I don’t care if you believe me I just… need to see him.”

Dan rolled his eyes as he took a seat - “Gotcha, okay fine. You’re really going to keep this up. I mean I have nothing to do. Let me see,” Dan looked at his phone, typing a few things before nodding. “Well love, you’re in luck. He’s apparently in London doing an international competition and he’s going to be… doing a autograph signing and pictures in a few hours. Would you like to go and show me how happily in love you two are?”

~ 2 hours later ~

Suffice to say, that’s exactly what Jessica did. She made Dan drive her to where the signing was happening with no hesitation. Maybe Jess didn’t know what was happening but she knew… she hoped… Dorian had to recognize her. They were married… they had kids… didn’t they? Dan parked his car and followed the girl towards the entrance of the book store where the signing was happening.

Jess didn’t wait to hear what Dan was going to say. Whatever quip was going to leave his mouth could wait. Avoiding the line, Jessica went straight to the front and tried to get past the guard. Her eyes briefly finding Dorian and her heart stopping when she saw her husband. The guards immediately held her back, and she could hear crude comments from a few of the the teenage girls at her trying to cut in front. “Ma’am the line starts there.” Jess tried to push back nevertheless, stating “No… that’s my husband I just need to…” “Nice try, back of the line before we kick you out of the store, ma’am,”

Jess looked at the man, a soft challenge in the way she started before walking backwards and towards where the line started. Suffice to say… it wasn’t a short line. Dan teased her for a bit before disappearing in the store - reading some books on display. As she waited, the line twisting around, Jess stayed on her phone. Researching… searching up Dorian… Kai… Andy… Val… everyone she loved and cared about.

Valerie Wood; from what Jessica could find about her was one of the most famous actresses around. The girl was deemed the next “Jennifer Aniston” with her looks and career. Though, apparently, it seemed the girl was also known as a player. She had been reported sleeping around with cast mates and never staying in a relationship for longer than a few months. Though, another thing Jess noticed was that they weren’t friends. If her social media was any indication - neither woman followed each other. In actuality, searching up both her name and Valerie’s name - Jess found one video. A single video that occurred 5 years prior with Valerie screaming curses at Jessica and her… just ignoring them. It didn’t… seem like her. The girl in the video simply looked at the girl for a second, though said nothing and walked away.

Next… Jessica found herself looking up Andy. Dan had said something about the man earlier but she didn’t… want to believe it. Though it seemed the stories didn’t lie. Most of the news stories discussed “America’s bad boy,” with the top one being “America’s bad boy serving community service for misdemeanor - when will he ever learn?” and her heart broke. Jessica hated seeing her friend… her nugget like that. What… what the fck happened. What about Ziah… though a quick search showed that the female still died the same time she had in her timeline… though the only difference is she had no kids.

The line slowly moved forward, though Jess didn’t slow down in researching. She found herself searching up Kai… though there wasn’t much to find besides the man doing humanitarian work as the Prince of Listeria. Though she still saw something in his eyes in the photos… just an emptiness that always pained Jess.

She looked up her sister… and honestly… didn’t find much about the girl on the internet. Though looking in her own records… what she found broke her heart. It seemed… Anna had committed suicide years earlier in the institute she was at… and her parents… once again… covered it up. It was instantaneous the way her heart broke looking at that… knowing that her sister… her twin had died. At this point, tears were already streaming down her eyes and honestly, she didn’t care who was looking at her.

Jess even looked up herself… found that Dan was right. That everything had happened as it had in her original time line except she never went back to Beryl. Though one moment seemed to change her entire life. She had multiple pulitzers - various awards for her work in the news. And finally… Jess looked up her husband… was he… even her husband? Dorian DeLoughrey was what he was in her life. Rich… famous… loved by millions. He was one of the best soccer players in the world, but he was also considered a player. From what she could find - he slept around often. There were pages dedicated to fans hoping that they could get a moment with the man. What the fck had happened.

One similarity in everything was that Jess wasn’t friends with anyone she loved. Even what she could find about Jezebel, it seemed the two weren’t close. The girl lived with Mikel, but neither had accomplished much in their lives - possibly both holding each other back. Mikel, after all, only became a famed photographer after he left Jezebel to pursue his dream and Jez became a CEO due to Daniel’s help…

Everything… nothing was as it should have been.

“Ma’am it’s your turn,”

Jessica looked up from her phone and found that after hours of distracted searching, she was at the front of the line. She didn’t… god what was she even supposed to say to him. ‘Hello Dorian… I don’t know if you remember me but in another life, we were in love and I was the mother of your kids?’

Walking up to the man who was clearly distracted by an leggy brunette flirting with him, Jess walked up towards the table with her heart racing. “Give me a second,” Dorian muttered, not even looking at Jess as he was too invested in the girl next to him. She watched Dorian lean into the girl’s ear, before whispering something along the lines of “Why don’t you meet me after this stupid little event and we can have some fun together?”

Her heart hurt… seeing him like that. Seeing him talking to another girl like that… god did it hurt. She loved him… it didn’t matter where she was… if her life with him was a dream, her entire being loved that man and he was sitting in front of her flirting with another girl.

There was excitement in the girl’s face as she whispered back “I’ll be waiting babe,” before walking away. And then finally, Dorian turned back his attention to a picture of himself that he was signing. “Who should I make this out to?” Jess didn’t know what to say. She was just stuck, looking at him - her mouth dry at what she had just witnessed. And then, he moved to look at her, his eyes meeting her own and recognition filling his sight. Though he made no indication to show that he recognized her. “I said who should I make this out to. There’s a line sweetie so if you could hurry this along?”

“Dorian… can I just… I need to talk to you”

“Sorry, I only talk to people who interest me and you…” he started, looking her up and down. “You’re not my type… nothing to be ashamed of. I just don’t think you’re very hot. So name?”

“Don’t do this Dorian. You know my name. I just… I want a minute… a few seconds of your time please.”

"Isn’t that cute. Sorry, I don’t have time for people like you. Security do you mind,

She watched as Dorian looked over at his guards and then pointed at her. But there was something else she noticed - the man still wore the watch she had bought him years earlier. So a few things did… stay the same. Jess felt men roughly grabbing her from the back as she looked at Dorian hurt… and broken. “Dorian please… I… I love you.”

It was in that moment that Dorian stopped. His entire body stilled for a brief moment and Jess didn’t know how long she was standing there before he stood up and walked over towards where she was being held. Dorian let his lips navigate to her ear. “Let’s get one thing clear, Jessica. You mean nothing to mean. I haven’t thought about you in 15 years and I have no intention to do so for the next 15. Get the fck out of my face and let’s make sure we never see each other again,”

He moved away with that sentiment, a sick smile on his face as he looked at his guards, making a motion to take her away and roughly - she was. All until the moment she was pushed out of the bookstore and her tears truly fell down her eyes. She found herself slipping to the floor in the alleyway she was discarded, unable to stop the tears that formed. So maybe she was right… maybe… Jessica Pierce never deserved what she had. And this… this was always supposed to be it. She deserved pain… and that’s exactly what she now had.

@astxrism - Part 1 (Dorian/Elo)
@Littlefeets - Mentioned: Kai and Jezebel
@Madilnel - Mentioned: Mikel
@CerealKiller - Mentioned: Val and Andy

5 Likes

Despite the director telling her not to, Sadie let the missed phone calls from Jordan play on her mind the entire time they were running the scene for the movie ‘Lost Dimensions’ run by a big production company. A big production company that would not appreciate the main actress leaving in the middle of her scene. Sadie didn’t even know what they were about, she didn’t have to, it was already enough for her to only focus on the sight of his name on her phone screen while she was supposed to be in the mind of Harper Kreyman. After the third ‘cut’ being called out due to her lack of focus, she finally had to say: “I’m really sorry but I have to go. It’s important, please, I’m sorry,” Sadie pleaded while walking away before any arguments could be made.

Sitting in the drivers seat of her car, Sadie played the voicemails that Jordan had left, her heart sinking at the fact that she hadn’t immediately picked up, and had potentially left him alone to deal with their daughter. Without a second thought, she drove out of the studio, and quickly onto the road to Beryl Heights. As the speed of the car increased, she soon heard her phone ringing again, but she couldn’t let it distract her from driving and so she let it go to voicemail again, hoping that she might be able to make up for it once she had arrived.

In desperate hope that she would be there, Sadie first stopped at her house to check for any sign of Annie. Unsurprisingly, she had come home to an empty house, but when she did she played the second voicemail Jordan left about the fight they had and that they should talk about it. In person. Her heart still tugged at the sound of his voice and even more so at the idea of talking in person to him. But before she could focus on talking to him, Sadie attempted calling their M.I.A. daughter. Annie’s voice soon replaced the sound of her dialling phone which brought a sigh of relief from Sadie.

“Hey, hi, before you say anything, I know, I’ve already heard it all from Dad,” Annie immediately insisted, talking quickly, over the phone to her. “Well firstly, you haven’t heard the end of that yet, we will be talking to you about that altogether, but secondly I- we’re calling because we’re worried about our daughter who left to go who-knows-where,” Sadie responded, going full-parent mode on her, as having Annie as a daughter helped her improve that skill. “Well… I’m not dead yet, so I’d say I’m okay. But don’t worry about me I’ll be back in, like, an hour. And I’m with a friend, so I’m not by myself which you might be glad to hear or not, I don’t know. But yeah. Here’s the all clear that I am alive and somewhat well. Nothing to worry about,” Annie claimed, in an ambiguous tone of voice. But no matter how much Annie’s actions that night had disappointed Sadie, in that moment it was overshadowed by the relief of her daughter picking up and that she was okay. “Okay, but come home soon, Mariana, and please just be careful,” Sadie concluded, knowing that pushing Annie with demands will do way more harm than good, especially since the fight that Jordan had lightly touched on in the voicemail.

Hanging up, Sadie knew it was only right to inform Jordan of Annie’s response in person, as he had suggested. Without a second thought to that, she was back in the car driving but this time to Jordan’s house and soon enough she was stood at his doorstep. But there was hesitation. Hearing his voicemails and now being able to hear the sound of him playing the piano… brought on things- feelings- that she couldn’t deny or hold in any longer. And she didn’t know how to have a conversation with him now without letting those feelings out. But Sadie knew this was a situation where she had to try.

The door swung open seconds after she pressed the doorbell to reveal a shirtless Jordan. Which had been a normality in the past but now… this was new. “…Hey, sorry- I should have told you I was coming. I also… should have picked up the call, and should have been here a lot sooner and I’m sorry I wasn’t,” Sadie started, not actually looking at him again until the last few words. “I wanted to tell you that Annie called. Well, no, I called her but she picked up and she’s okay, she’s coming back home soon. And… I also wanted to… see if you were okay after whatever happened at the station. That I’m sorry I wasn’t there for.”

@.benitz786 Jordan Williams

1 Like

Shorts Series: Our favorite Ice cream - 2026 - Aria Universe

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

What If? - Jezebel never dated Mikel

Part 1

Senior prom, a night of fun, dancing, romance, and for Cerulean high the presence of the race to win Blue Royalty. Though for Jezebel, prom would become nothing she would have expected going into the night, even further beyond what she would have imagined prom to be even a couple of months prior. She was standing all alone at prom, not even sure how well she was going to do with completing her tasks. After all, she had other things on her mind, as well as continually reminding herself not to drink the punch that someone had probably spiked. However Jezebel, feeling increasingly more alone amongst the senior class, saw something that took her focus away from everything on her mind. No, not something, someone. First just a glimpse of him among the crowd, but then he was on stage to perform. Jordan Williams. Seeing him in person, all she felt was butterflies. Even after two whole years, just his smile was enough to make her melt. Though that moment was soon interrupted by Daniel coming over to her and not just revealing that Jordan would be staying, but also threatening her to stay out of things with Jordan. Coming face to face with Daniel was a lot. Jezebel needed some space, some fresh air, so she made her way outside, and soon enough a friendly face met her eyes, and she couldn’t avoid a slight smile. “Hey Tinkerbell.” The sound of Jordan’s voice, her smile only grew. She could still barely believe that he was there, not just a dream. It had been so long since she had actually seen him face to face. Two years, not since they had broken up, not since before everything had happened. After a few moments, he stood in front of her, telling her that he hadn’t stopped thinking about her, and asking to know if she felt the same. The breakup had broken her heart, before it broke even further, but standing there looking at the man she had been so hopelessly in love with so long ago, it felt as though not even a moment had passed. There Jezebel was, two years later, still head over heels in love with Jordan Williams. In that moment, there was no doubt. None of the doubt Jezebel had in herself mattered, nothing outside of that moment mattered as she closed the distance and for the first time in a long time kissed Jordan.

Daniel Parker, someone who had been Jezebel’s best friend for so many years, but now… now he was someone who hurt her more than most. She knew she had hurt him by keeping the truth about who her father was from him. She knew she should’ve never kept it from him like she did, and she should have never trusted her mother or tried to make her mother care about her, but she couldn’t change the past. She screwed up, and she felt like she no longer had any family left in the world. When she left the Parker residence after the ambush Daniel had planned, she didn’t know what she would do, or where she would even go, but then someone came to her rescue. The one person who could comfort her with just a smile, Jordan. It had been just a couple days since she had seen him at prom, but there had been so much to happen in that time. A funeral for a friend, everything with Daniel, and… everything with her mom… With all that had gone on, the pair hadn’t really had much of a chance to really talk. To talk about everything since they had been together, or even for her to tell him what was going on.

Jezebel looked to Jordan, still crying with the box of stuff from Daniel in her hands and a bag over her shoulder. She wasn’t alright in any way, but Jordan took the box from her hands to pull her into a hug, and she just wanted to stay there forever. For a second, it was a distraction from the world that seemed to be falling apart around her. It was at that point that Jordan put his jacket around her and led her to get in the passenger side of his car before having grabbed the box from Daniel’s. Jordan didn’t even have to ask to know that she wouldn’t want to go home, if she even could, and brought her to his place for some hot chocolate and ice cream to help her feel better. With some sugar in her system and Jordan there comforting her, she told him what had happened earlier that night with Daniel, though it wasn’t all that was troubling her.

Jezebel was exhausted in every way, but that didn’t make her sleep any less restless. She had no idea how long it had been, or even that while she was asleep Jordan had gone to talk to Dan. A nightmare, one with far too many connections to reality to dismiss as just that. In her sleep, she couldn’t escape her overwhelming fears. That is, until she woke up to Jordan checking on her because she was crying. No matter how tired she was, being awake didn’t lessen her crying, which only made it harder to possibly sleep. Jezebel pulled him close, letting out a quiet “I need you” between sobs. The one thing she could do was say what she hadn’t told Jordan earlier. The bag she had brought with her, with the box from Dan’s, wasn’t part of it. It was a bag she had tossed just a few things into before that dinner. Simply a clean shirt, a toothbrush, her diary, and a couple other little things. Just the bare minimum she needed that she could grab before running out of her house for the last time. “I… I can’t go home…” When Jordan picked her up as she walked from Daniel’s, she didn’t know what to do, she just knew she couldn’t go home. Really, she didn’t have anywhere she could go. “My mom… We got into a fight, and she… she kicked me out…” The day began with the funeral for Candice, but soon after she had gotten home came the worst fight with her mother she had ever had, which led to her mother kicking her out, all followed by Daniel himself that night.

“Hey… hey… shh” Jordan said, rubbing her back, then kissed her forehead. “What… happened Jez? I know things can get tense between… you two sometimes but…” Jordan paused, he knew well, better than most how her relationship with her mother could be, but this time, there was no going back. The fragile relationship between Jezebel and her mom had finally broken too far for Jezebel to even try to hold the pieces together. “You don’t… have to tell me anything Tink… but you know I’m here for you right? Just like you were there for me that day in the park… you’ll always…” he paused, taking the time to cup her face, and look her in the eyes. “Always have a home here.”

Jezebel looked at Jordan, her eyes full of tears. “Thank you, Jordan.” Jordan being there for her, and saying she would always have a home there, like how she was there for him that day in the park years earlier, meant so much. She appreciated him being there more than anything. “Jez… you never… ever have to thank me.” Jordan whispered.

Jezebel didn’t want to burden Jordan with her problems, but she would have told him soon anyway and she needed the comfort. She stopped, looking down for a moment, taking a deep breath before bringing her eyes back to meet his. “This time was different… it won’t get better between us… Because I’m pregnant…” she answered as to why her mother kicked her out, only crying even harder as she continued. “And she said I shouldn’t keep it… it would be a mistake, like she made with me.” She was scared. She felt alone, she didn’t know what to do, and she was terrified she couldn’t take care of herself and the baby, especially with the memory of being pregnant two years earlier fresh on her mind, and everything her mother had said to her made it all worse.

Jezebel knew the news would be a shock to Jordan. It was still a lot for her, so it must have been that much more for him to process. He had just come back, and they hadn’t even had the chance to really figure out where things really stood between them, and there she was pregnant with another man’s baby. He could have reacted in any number of ways imaginable, but he was as comforting as someone could be, because that’s the kind of person Jordan would always be. He wiped her tears, listening to her, resting his forehead against hers. “Jezebel Sloane… don’t ever… ever think that… you are the farthest thing from a mistake.” She had spent so long, feeling like her mother’s mistake, like a reminder of her grandparents’ disappointment in her mother, but there Jordan was, placing his hand on hers, telling her she would never be a mistake. “That day you found me in the park… I was… Jez I was starving… I was…without you, Jezebel Sloane… I don’t think I would have survived past that day.” Jezebel held his hand, her grip growing slightly tighter, not even knowing what to say, as he spoke and took a deep breath after telling her something so serious. “Because of you, I’m here Jezebel. So you are the furthest thing from a mistake and this baby… no matter where he or she came from… has you as a mother. And no child of yours could ever be a mistake because you, Tink, you created it.” He kissed her cheek and smiled then hugged her. “And if you think you’re alone in this, Jezebel, you’re absolutely crazy because you can never… get rid of me”

Jordan’s words brought a small smile to her face, despite her tears. She held him closer, feeling cared about in a way she hadn’t been in a while, feeling safe, and he even said she wasn’t alone. She had felt so alone, but with Jordan she wasn’t. “I don’t know what I would do without you. I’d never get rid of you even if I could.” She held Jordan close, taking in the comfort he provided, before trying to wipe her eyes. “I’m just scared… I don’t know what to do…” she admitted, though Jordan most likely could tell without her even saying it.

“I guess then… that it’s a good thing you don’t ever have to find out,” he said, taking a deep breath. “It’s not something you’re going to figure out in a night Jezebel… especially not a night like tonight. But look, Jez, it doesn’t matter what you choose. Whatever choice you make, no one is going to turn their back on you. I’m not going to turn my back on you.”

There was very little that Jezebel was certain of at that time. What she did know was that Jordan had done so much for her that night. That day in the park, he had nothing and she was there for him, to be what he needed. Then in that moment, at a time where she had nothing, there he was to be everything she needed. He took care of her, and so much more.

That one night, just before the end of winter break, Jezebel hooked up with Mikel, and it just so happened that she had gotten pregnant because of it. She wasn’t interested in Mikel, all he had really been was the guy she kissed at that first party just to complete a task, even if he was going to be the father of her child. She didn’t want to be in a relationship with Mikel, she just needed him to know about the baby, and for the baby to know about him. She needed Jordan. She wanted to be with him, even if her child wasn’t his.

@benitz786 - Jordan, and Dan also mentioned
@Madilnel - Mikel mentioned at the end too

3 Likes

In real life, Andy had his share of good luck at some point in his life, it lasted for a while, and then it slowly started fading along with the dying breaths of his beloved wife. Kaya on the other hand, was his life, she was the lighthouse in the dark to guide him away from falling apart. She kept him alive, she kept him sane, she was his rock. And every day holding that little kid in his arms, he just sat there and felt grateful, because without her he wouldn’t have made it this far, at least not like this.

But there was a thing about Andy’s life, even when he was happy, he knew that sooner or later it will all get ruined somehow. He just never thought it would happen now, please just not now.

It was worse than the heaviness he felt in his heart the day all these years ago where Ziah died, it was worse than the day Jessica got stabbed, it was worse than all of them, because this time, she was a part of him, blood of his own. And in the middle of a normal day, he felt like a knife pierced his heart, something was wrong.

You know the way twins feel each other’s pain, they feel when something’s wrong, and when one of them dies the other one is just half a person forever? Well, they may not be twins, but Andy and Kaya shared the exact same connection, on certain levels, not always. But this time, he just knew something was wrong with her.

Call, try again, voice mail, straight to voice mail. If there was a worse time not to answer the phone, he’d pick it over this one, but there wasn’t, he just didn’t know how much that was true.

Turns out he was right after all, who would have thought he’d lose her this soon? Was he cursed? Probably. He managed to get through the deaths of his closest people, from his dad to his wife to whatnot, but now? Now he was just all alone. None of it mattered, his heart was just broken to a million little pieces that could never be connected again. This was it, the last straw to break him. The light behind his eyes was lost, forever.

Too bad Jessica never got to meet her. If she was here, it all would have been better, even now, he wouldn’t have been so alone.
Ah did I forget to mention? Remember the day she got stabbed? Well… let’s just say she didn’t make it to the next one.
She was and always be a huge part of Andy’s heart, his nugget, but when she’s not here… it’s not the same. Not her, not Ziah… who was there for him anymore in this world? Anyone he ever got close to just ended up dead. Until now, he just pushed through so Kaya was happy, but now… there was no point, there was no Kaya.

Turns out “America’s bad boy” wasn’t just a figure in a bad dream, turns out life actually kicked him all the way down, to a place where he no longer cared, to a place where the worst of things were the ones to give him life. Drugs, alcohol, anything. Anything to make him feel alive again, something to numb the pain, something to stop the numbness. Nothing but a shell of a broken man. Guess Daniel was right when he said nothing could come out of him but trouble wasn’t he?

There was just a single broken Andy, at the verge of his greatest downfall. And the way down is long as hell.

@benitz786 Jess and Dan mentioned
@Littlefeets Ziah mentioned

3 Likes

Ketziah Drake

A dream, or life after death?

In the end, death comes for all. Some live long lives until time finally catches up to them at a very old age, while for others, life is cut painfully short, while those left behind have to try and continue on without those they still need in their life. Ketziah had known for years that her life would be one of those cut short, that there were so many people she loved that would miss her that she would lose. There was a time when she tried to pull away from the people that cared about her, but that was long ago. She had a family that she loved more than anything in the world, and it broke her heart to know Kaya would be experiencing the same thing she had when she was a little girl herself, losing her mom before even really knowing her. It was even worse knowing Andy was losing her too, and he didn’t deserve the pain of more loss in his life. If Ketziah had the power, she would have done anything to have more time with her family, but there was nothing she could do, but enjoy every moment while it lasted, until finally there were no more moments to make the most of.

Death is an unknown. What happens when you die? That’s a question asked by many, but none truly know. For Ketziah, if she had the ability to say, she wouldn’t know if it was an afterlife, or simply a dream her mind created in an attempt to process what was happening as she died. There was a feeling of peace and sadness at the same time. Sadness in leaving behind the life she had, but peace in not having to struggle, in feeling a comfort she hadn’t felt since she was young. Whether it was really a life after death, or a final figment of her imagination didn’t matter as she felt her parents’ arms around her. “Mom, Dad. It’s been so long…” Moments, what may as well have been an eternity went by. All she could do was tell them about those who mattered so much to her, especially her loving husband and beautiful daughter that she loved so dearly. Then her attention went to someone else, someone she had never known in her lifetime and only seen in pictures. She went to him, holding her hand out to shake his. “Mr. McAllister, I’m Ketziah. I want you to know, your son is the most amazing person I’ve ever known, and the best father our daughter could ask for.”

2 Likes

Ketziah Drake

Monsters Under the Bed: (Kaya is 3)

At one point or another, doesn’t every child go through a phase of being scared of the monster hiding under the bed? Add in the tension of the child’s mother slowly dying, and you’ve got a recipe for bad dreams. However Ketziah felt didn’t matter, all she cared about was making sure her little girl was safe and sound, and smiling.

Ketziah looked carefully under the little girl’s bed, then back at a young Kaya. “Well, I don’t see any monsters under there, are you sure there’s one in here?” Ketziah paused, giving a look that made it clear she was thinking after she saw her daughter give a scared nod. “Maybe… in the closet?”she questioned, before opening the closet door to reveal a completely normal, safe closet. “Let me see, maybe if we turn off the light, and stay very quiet, the monsters will think we’re asleep so I can catch them and make sure they don’t come and scare you again.” With a reluctant agreement from Kaya, who was now hiding under the covers, Ketziah turned off the light and made sure there was nothing in there that would cast strange shadows or anything that could scare her in the night. She then pulled the blanket down slightly where Kaya could see her. “I think I got them all, and when your daddy gets home, he’ll come make sure we didn’t miss any.” With that, it was enough to convince Kaya that she was in fact, safe, allowing Ketziah to tuck her in and say goodnight.

However, it wasn’t much later when Ketziah was back at her little girl’s side, after Kaya woke up scared from a bad dream. Ketziah softly kissed the top of her head, holding her close in a tight hug. “It’s alright, there’s no need to cry. I’m right here.” Kaya only held onto Ketziah tighter, crying that the monsters had gotten not her, but Ketziah. After a few minutes of trying to calm her, Ketziah wiped the tears from Kaya’s cheeks. “Hey, come here. Come stay with me tonight, and we’ll keep each other safe from the monsters” That was when Ketziah picked Kaya up, and brought her into her and Andy’s room. Ketziah snuggled Kaya into the bed with her and held her close. “I love you, baby girl. I’m always going to love you and do everything to protect you, even if I’m not close by.” Ketziah said, softly kissing her daughter once more, before singing her to sleep with a lullaby, just like her mother did for her when she was that young. Shortly after, Ketziah fell fast asleep herself, Kaya snuggled up close in her arms, a sweet sight that remained even until Andy got home.

@CerealKiller - Andy & Kaya :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@benitz786 - cute Ziah and little Kaya scene, as you’ve been waiting for

3 Likes