Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

Picnic with favorite “cousin”

“Down the hatch in 3, 2, 1.”

GO! Madeline placed the green thing on her tongue. She closed her mouth and began chewing, before she finally swallowed. At first the taste wasn’t all bad, a little bland it seemed but after some seconds Madeline spitted the green thing out. “Tf is this sh!t” She cursed as she grabbed a bottle of water to help her gulp this down. Was this a punishment by the world for all the things she had done before? Like wow did the universe really have to go that far and make her eat whatever that was. Madeline made a sour face. “Well that was delicious” Madeline said sarcastically. “Soooo that ruined my appetite, let’s play a game” She tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her hair. She dusted the dirt from her shorts. An evil smiled crossed Madeline’s soft futures. She placed her hand under her chin as if she was thinking of the game, of course she already knew which game to pick. The game that you should never really play with Madeline unless you really hated your life that much and needed some fun. “Hmmmm let’s play truth or dare.”

@Ouijaloveletters - Persephone

1 Like

Percie bit into the vegetable, chewing for a second. Huh, not ba-“OH MY GOD! Maddy, this is a Scotch Bonnet!” She yelped, grabbing water. She felt like she was breathing fire. After chugging the water as fast as she could, Percie groaned. “Never. Again.” Nodding at Maddy’s sarcasm, she lay back down. Maddy suggested they play truth or dare, and she nodded. “Sure, just don’t dare me to eat another pepper.” She half joked.
@Kristi - Maddy

1 Like

Picnic with favorite “cousin”

Madeline grinned as she clutched her fist close to her chest and in a fake hurt tone said “Do you really think I’m that mean?” Well she at times could be that mean. She remembered when Hades and her were younger and she had replaces his shampoo for pink dye. At first she thought of replacing it with this hair removal sh!t, but she decided she didn’t want to make him that mad at her. Anyways I dare you to give that guy a lap dance. She pointed to a young red haired boy who looked around their age. He had a scar on his lips, or at least Madeline thought it was a scar and looked like he hadn’t showered in years. His hair was greasy and his eyes? Well his emerald green eyes were the only good feature of his, but he had a nice aurora or whatever. He was sitting down petting his dog as he read a book, “Also ask if you could sniff his dog’s butt and do it, I will come with you to record the whole thing.” a dazzling smile crossed her features “Don’t worry I won’t post it.”

@Ouijaloveletters -persephone

1 Like

“Cherry Chapstick” - 2036

“Whatever you want me to do.” A chill passed over Daiane, but she got a feeling that it wasn’t from the frigid temperatures outside of her window. Her heart beat loudly in her ears, but she didn’t look away from Hera, even as her stare turned quite suggestive and a blush warmed Dai’s cheeks. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words fell from her lips. There was so much to say, but she didn’t even know where to begin.

“No,” she said quickly, in response to Hera’s teasing remark about leaving. “Of course not. You know I don’t want that. That’s the last thing…” she paused, looking down at her windowsill for a moment. “… I want.” Hera was so, so confident—they exuded this confidence in everything they said, did… meanwhile, Daiane was a rambling, bumbling mess of a person on a good day.

Years ago, when Dai was younger, she’d been a dancer. Yes, leotard and everything; she liked to fully immerse herself in each hobby she started. It had only been a thing for a few years before she quit, but they’d been rewarding in their own way. Some days she missed how it felt to hurl her body through the air, but others, she was happy that she’d gotten to have that common little girl dance experience at all. The early days of her short-lived dance career were difficult—despite being eight when she started, she was already years behind most of the other kids, who’d practically been dancing since conception. Always a step behind, a little less flexible, her turns a little shorter than the others. It hadn’t seemed so challenging watching from behind the glass, but as soon as she ventured into the room, she realized just how much effort the sport required. But not evident effort like soccer or football required, in dance, the effort had to be so much that it came off effortless, which was a skill Daiane had never had to master before.

She was better able to hide her weaknesses in group dances, where she learned to let herself fade into the background, which gave her leeway to mess up, or simply mimic the person nearest her if she forgot the choreo. If there was anything Dai was good at, it was pretending she had it all together among a group of people. But when it came to partner dances, duets… her shortcomings were on show for all the viewers. There was fewer people for the audience’s attention to split between, and so they caught her errors, every single time she made them. It was obvious where she lacked training, experience—she would stumble, forget a step, 5 6 7 9 and lose track of where she was in the choreography. Though she grew to be a fairly adequate dancer in the months before she stopped, she never really forgot how that feeling felt.

This was how she felt with Hera. They were dancing, and in all ways, Hera was the better dancer. Her steps were sure, confident, and she knew where she was supposed to be at each beat of the music. It was like she’d done the dance many times before. They took risks, laced embellishments into some of the more simple moves—no longer was it just any dance they’d learned the choreo for. It was theirs. Hera’s dance. Whereas for Daiane, this dance was new, foreign. Her lack of practice was evident in each misstep, mistake and miscount, and for all of her trying, she just couldn’t nail it. Maybe it was just that she didn’t have the experience that Hera had, or maybe it was just something innate in her. The flair Hera had, it escaped Daiane, and she felt like she couldn’t really be the partner Hera should have. The Ane she seemed to think she was.

The truth was, though, that she wanted to be that. To be Ane. And she was fine—happy, really—letting Hera lead, having them remind her of the steps to the routine. It didn’t matter to her, all that mattered was if Hera was willing to stay, patient, while she figured out each step.

“I want…” What did she want? You. But she didn’t really know what that meant. She just knew that she felt warm when she was with them, like she was sitting by the fireplace with hot chocolate in her brother’s home, and she couldn’t get enough of that feeling. It was something she had tried to explain to her mami, but Marcia hadn’t understood, had said that “there’ll be other people.” But didn’t she know, that Hera was the only person? It was only them, just them, and that was as clear as day to Daiane, even as early as it was in their… whatever. “I don’t know,” she said honestly, feeling the weight of her answer in the air. “I don’t want you to go. I just… I don’t know.” She hesitated, repeating herself. Daiane breathed out, then made the leap. “Keep me company?” Dai looked up, meeting Hera’s eyes with a soft smile on her lips.

While Daiane didn’t know what she thought Hera would do, she certainly didn’t think they would climb the wall of her house like they were Flynn Rider from Tangled. It wasn’t like her room was on the ground floor either, nope, it was on the second—which seemed miles away from the ground as soon as Hera attached themself to the wall. Dai’s eyes widened, and she hissed at Hera to get down, but her scoldings went ignored by this bullheaded person. She stepped back from the window as Hera’s fingers curles over the sil, pulling themselves up and into Daiane’s room with ease.

This is the first time she’s been in my room, was her first thought as she regarded Hera, her eyes soaking her in. Dai could see her much more clearly in the light of her room, and whoo, did it do her favours. She shivered involuntarily, which Hera must’ve interpreted as a sign of her being cold as she closed the window she’s just climbed through, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth.

Daiane flashed an unimpressed look Hera’s way at her antics, though her heart was running a marathon in her chest cavity. “You didn’t have to do all that Romeo, you literally could’ve just come through the front door like a normal person.” A smile creeped onto her lips, even as she tried to suppress it, so she turned, her back to Hera. “Anyway,” she continued, walking over to her dresser, where her Mac lay, “it is a nice place, so no outside shoes allowed, especially not in winter, so take off those boots thank youu.” She winced subtly at the mom comment, not liking to think about the fact that she was directly going against her wishes, and so she didn’t say anything in response, instead gave a light laugh. Daiane grabbed her laptop, walking a few paces towards her bed, before she paused, turned back toward Hera. Hesitancy emerged across her expression, evident as she drummed her fingers against her laptop. “Do you, wanna watch a movie? Netflix and chill? But like actually. Or. I mean like. I’m not- um. Yeah but I actually meant Netflix, like an actual movie, and just. Chill. Or whatever.”

@raviola

3 Likes

“Ok, fair. You’re not THAT mean.” She said, chuckling. When Maddy gave her the dare, Percie groaned. “Alright. I feel sorry for that guy. He doesn’t deserve a lap dance from me. Well, ish me luck.” She said, getting up and heading over. She explained things to the poor kid, doing what she had to do. She returned to Maddy, sitting down. “Well, I actually got his number. Turns out the hair is a skin condition. He’s honestly pretty cute.”
@Kristi - Maddy
Ehehe, had to.

2 Likes

Madeline arched a brow, “What about the dog? I was watching and didn’t see any sniffing.” Also the guy cute? Well Madeline could see it a little, his eyes were certainly beautiful. The color of emeralds, beautiful emeralds. “Also the lap dance lasted for about 5 seconds, it doesn’t really count but because you’re my cousin and I love you I will forgive that.” She winked at her cousin.

Madeline looked around to see a group of people having a water balloon fight. “Hey Perce I’m coming” She told her cousin and she stood up from and dusted herself off.

“Can me and my cousin join?” She asked the cute blonde girl. The girl nodded and Madeline motioned for Persephone to come. She leaned in to whisper to Persephone, “The guy you gave a lap dance too, would he like to join? maybe you guys could talk about things and you know” She wiggled her brows.

@Ouijaloveletters - persephone

2 Likes

“Ok, ok. I didn’t sniff the dog. I wasn’t going to stoop that low. I als I got distracted talking to Oliver. That’s copper top.” She explained. Maddy went over to talk to a group of people having a water balloon fight, calling over to her. “Yeah, I’ll go ask him!” She ran over, soon returning with the boy, who waved awkwardly, bright red.
@Kristi - Maddy

1 Like

Malachi Azure

Aria Alt: Going out for Dessert

It didn’t matter to Kai that his father had cut him off. He didn’t need the Azure fortune. It didn’t matter if he was living a life of luxury, or just scraping by. For the first time in his life, he was being who he wanted to be, living the life he wanted, with the people who mattered to him most. He never stopped loving Jess, and from the moment he met Aria he loved that little girl more than he even knew how to explain. The weeks since his father disowned him had probably been some of the best in his life. Life with Jess and Aria was becoming normal, like a life he dreamed of, and they were doing things right this time. No lies, no secrets. Well, one could argue that there were still secrets, but it was less that Kai was keeping secrets, and more just that there were things he simply hadn’t told Jess directly. Now, walking the streets of London with Jess and Aria, it was time for some of that information to actually come out. Kai was a New Yorker, there would always be a part of him that missed the city he grew up in, but London had a place in his heart too. It’s where he had the people who mattered most, it’s where Jess was from and Aria was growing up, and as he had even told Jess years earlier, he wasn’t unfamiliar with the city. He had been there countless times when he was younger, either just passing through or visiting family, like Val when she lived there as a kid. Jess was the expert on London, but this was one of the rare times where Kai took the lead, showing the parts of London he knew. Of course, as one would expect in the presence of a Pierce, the topic of food came up, and recognizing where they were, he knew exactly somewhere to bring them. He led them to a tiny bakery, somewhere even few locals really knew of, and immediately ordered a couple desserts that weren’t on the menu, as he picked Aria up so she could see all of the sweet treats that were in the case to pick from. Of course, he expected Jess to still end up picking more too, and Aria too if there was anything else she wanted, but he knew just something that he thought she would like. The order of which brought a man out from the kitchen, who based on the mess of flour, had just been baking, a man who upon seeing Kai, looked absolutely shocked. “Malachi Maxwell Azure. I can’t believe it.” The man said, using Kai’s full name, including his middle name which very few people even knew. Kai looked over to Jess, clearly interested by the reveal of not only his middle name, but also how he knew of the place. “Jess, meet my uncle. This is his bakery.” Kai then looked to his uncle for a moment before turning his gaze back to Jess. “Uncle Max, this is Jess,” he said, before looking at his little girl with a smile. “And this is Aria.”

@benitz786

3 Likes

Cherry Chapstick

,,,,,,,,,,. 2036 ,,,,,,,,,,,

"Right" Hera smile-smirked when Ane said that Hera leaving would be the last thing she wanted. Ane was so innocent. It made Hera wonder if they were compatible at all! Either way, the mystery of it only made them even more attracted to Her. They were just supposed to be friends, but Daiane got a bit too nervous around Hera for them to believe it was all that simple. "Ah okay, so I'm just your company?" She teased again. "I see how it is." They lowered their head grimly before chuckling. "Nah, I'm playing." They went before taking crunchy steps toward Ane's tree.

After stepping in, Ms Zhou noticed Daiane getting a bit bolder, causing Hera to give her that look again. “I didn’t wanna wait any longer to see you.” They asserted forcefully. “Plus, I love climbing tall things.” They said, looking Daiane’s 5’10 self up and down, just to see her blush. Her nervousness was so enticing, as if they were wild animals in the middle of the savannah, Hera a lion and Ane a gazelle. You’d think by now, Hera would be full after all of those meals, but there’s always room in their stomach for her. Although her absolute taste was just like the other primary consumers, Hera considered her a delicacy, dessert. Sweet, and rare.

“Of course.” Hera replied when Ane instructed that they take of their shoes. They sat down on the floor, sitting so her feet made the least amount of contact with the floor as possible, and undid their shoelaces. After she slid them off, she placed them atop her bag when the water droplets on the bottom of her soles decided to stream down, not bothering to pull her phone back out of the bag since she still wasn’t used to using it. The girl went over to Daiane’s bed, sitting at the edge since she didn’t want to be too overbearing.

The next thing Ane said actually made Hera laugh a little bit. What a little weirdo Daiane was. Hera would never have supposed she meant sex! Although, she would not have minded it if Daiane did mean sex. But anyways, Hera appreciated her… humour? Humour. “Sure. Unless you were busy doing anything beforehand. In that case I can try and help you if you want.” Hera responded dutifully in a polite tone, trying not to keep the conversation weird after Ane’s awkward little implication.

Slow Dancing In The Dark - Joji

The two layed down on their stomachs, Ane swinging her feet to watch some sort of entertainment on her laptop. On the screen was the disney+ main set up. The two originally meant to watch netflix and “chill,” but then they got nostalgic after Daiane pointed out that a netflix show reminded her of her childhood and they got distracted. That’s what happens with them in every situation, always going off track from what they had originally planned, or wanted. Hera thought about it, as her eyes guided her to Ane’s free hand.

There it lay, under her shoulder, soft brown skin and short nails, cuticles untouched and natural. The girl never had the time to get her nails done, she was always too busy studying for the next quiz or test. There’s no way she ever intended to have any romantic experience with Hera. She simply does not have the time. Between looking after her father, school, and barely keeping up with the friends she already had, spending time with Hera was virtually impossible. Every time they hung out, Daiane was missing out on some part of her life, going behind her parents back for love- friendship.

Hesitantly, Hera placed her hand on Ane’s as the girl clicked on a cartoon episode. It was strange. She had never held hands with anyone. When all of the other kids interlocked fingers with their parents to cross the street, Hera’s stayed on her sides, growing cold in a way that the snow outside could not understand. If Hera were a forest too, she would reflect wintertime, and Ane summer. Evergreen, with enough warmth for the both of them, the touch of her fingertips commencing the dawn of Hera’s spring, and softening the ice that swallowed them whole.

Ane’s melted chocolate eyes went to Hera and then back to the screen. Of course, she would never initiate this skin to skin contact, but she was not opposed, so the optimistic teen did not pull away. On screen, Donald duck began quacking at some mouse that moved like a flipbook. The two laughed simultaneously, continuing this for a few short episodes. They were happy, and they did not need to say words because the simple warmth of eachother’s presence was enough to know that they were in the right place, at the right time.

After a while, Mickey gave Minnie a bouquet of flowers, and Hera could feel themself beginning to cry. She’d only ever seen these two characters on screen a handful of times in her life, yet she already felt their love. They wondered if they’d ever have that. Usually, characters on television were meant for people to relate to, but to Hera, every scene that played was new. On disney, and in real life. Ane was so kind to them, she felt like she hadn’t done merely enough to deserve it. Even now, she felt like her tears would ruin Ane’s cinematic experience. So they tried to hold them back, but they eventually began to roll down her face.

The girl looked to Daiane to make sure her partner there did not notice the commotion her heart was making out of this simple show. But, when she turned her head, she realized she was not the only one crying. They wiped the tears away sloppily to ask what was wrong. “Ane?” She accidentally sniffled to speak clearer. The girl chuckled as she said the words, “Why are you crying?” They expected that this question wouldn’t sound as casual as it came out, since she was originally kicking herself for feeling this way. But Daiane made this heartache so much easier. They knew they weren’t the only person who felt this way again.

“I just remembered that yesterday, my dad asked me to play this on the TV for Nata and Andie” She laughed, “They’re my older sisters.” She slightly smiled, grim, but still feeling alright. “Hey, why are you crying?” She asked, tilting her head warmly. Hera only mirrored the girl’s joyous laughter. “I never had anything to watch this stuff on as a kid.” Not anything she was allowed to use at least, TV or not, Hera’s foster parents only ever had her do chores, or just anything besides increase the electric bill in their free time. Like play with their one stuffed animal, or go steal from rich neighborhood’s gardens on her messed up bike she found in a dumpster.

Either way, it still hurt. But now, that didn’t matter. Her friend’s smile made it all worth it. She didn’t expect it, but she was actually incredibly relieved to know that Ane was messed up too. Of course, they want her to be happy, but they also love to be understood. Right now, if she were with a chill rich kid from school, they’d tell her how much her life must suck, and that they’re so sorry. Even though they weren’t responsible for any of their baggage! It was just a rehearsed reply. Ane’s responses were not something you could routinely practice.

Daiane looked over at the screen, and then back to Hera, saying they should prooobably turn that show off now that it made the both of them cry. So the girl paused the show, shut her laptop, and sat up to put it over on her nightstand. Hera followed shortly, crossing their smooth legs together with a slightly goofy smile. The other girl came back to face them, and the two just stared at eachother for some eternal seconds. Come to think of it, Daiane had never seen this side of Hera, at least this up close. And neither had anyone else. They didn’t care though. It was nice to feel seen.

“You know, I kind of hate most things, but I think you’re okay, Meyer.” They said, sounding nonchalant, but really, those words meant so much coming from Hera. They raised their hand to stroke their chin, after Ane asked what the two should do next, simply shrugging at the thought. The only things that came to mind were shenanigans. “I thought of three things. Spraypainting chain businesses, taking a train to the mountains, and sitting on the roof for a sm0ke, nothing that your parents would allow. We don’t have to do any of it if you don’t want to, though.” Hera shrugged, then looking up at Ane sweetly. “Any ideas, Meyer?” She insinuiated, raising a brow.

,,,,,,,,,, @unsungcheerio ,,,,,,,,,,

1 Like

December 24th, 1998

Play Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande

Do you know what happened when someone with a royal bloodline turned 18? The honest truth? Well, in the past, they were accepted into court. They went to the castle, they partied, they found husbands. In this day and age, that was an outdated practice. However, that didn’t mean that a similar event did not take place. In her family - that meant a party… one in which everyone was invited to celebrate the day but really, it was for parents to find suitable matches for their children. Adelaide knew her parents weren’t happy with her for canceling her party… she knew they were upset with her for sleeping with someone… though she didn’t necessarily understand exactly what Leo had said to them to get them off her back. In any case, Leo or not, they still weren’t happy with her decisions.

Despite this; Adelaide Parker was happy. Waking up on Christmas Eve… her birthday, and in the arms of her boyfriend, she couldn’t help but smile at his sleeping features. “Psst,” Addie whispered to the sleeping man, her fingers meeting his cheeks as she caressed them softly. The two had gotten to bed far later than they should have - a bit too busy playing with Holly and the snow that had miraculously arrived for Christmas Eve. The moment they got to bed, both parties had respectfully passed out of exhaustion, wrapped in the warmth of each other. One thing she had realized about Leo over the past few months was the fact that he was the absolute lightest sleeper she knew, whereas, she was very much the opposite. So, even with her soft voice, she found him scrunching his nose as he whispered “Shh” only to pull her body closer to him. His lips now held a smile, knowing what she was about to do. “Nooo shh, love, wakeeee up,” she repeated, wrapping her arms around his neck. Making no effort to open his eyes, she found Leo only continuing the conversation “…and what do I get if I wake up?” he questioned. A soft sigh left her lips as she pushed him, so she was now straddling him. Her lips moved to his, softly kissing him before moving her lips to his neck - though - after a few seconds she stopped, hearing him groan. “Well for one, darling, it’s my birthday so really I should be getting something. And two… how does legal sex with your 18-year-old girlfriend sound? Or are you not interested in that anymore?” She asked, which led to a soft laugh emitting from his lips. Though it only took a second for him to flip her so she was below him - her arms pinned above her. “Does this answer your question, Addie?” The question brought goosebumps to her arms… or maybe it was the way he let his lips trail down her neck a second later, using his other hand to undress her. Either way… it was a pretty good start to her birthday if you ask her… one that wasn’t stopped in bed as they soon moved to the shower.

“Okay… okay… oh my god how do I do this again. Leo… STOP LAUGHING AT ME.” sitting in the driver’s seat of the car, Addie was in an empty parking lot and was freaking out because this thing was MOVING and she had NO idea how to control it and it was not like Leo was any help telling her to press the break which was the left one but where the bloody hell was that my god… oh my god she was going to kill them… “LEO god did not mean for us to get around at such bloody fast speeds” she responded as he chuckled once again. In retrospect, yes, she was driving less than 5 miles per hour because her foot wasn’t even on the grass and it was just naturally moving, BUT IT WAS TOO FAST FOR HER. “Just relax Addie. You’re doing great…” Usually she would have sent the man a soft smile, BUT SHE WAS DRIVING A DEATH MACHINE SO EXCUSE HER FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO SMILE. “Ignore the old lady on the wheelchair, it’s not a race… though she might be winning,” and it definitely wasn’t helping that he was making FUN of her at such a STRESSFUL time like this.

And then the bloody worst thing that could have happened, happened. A DOG WALKED IN FRONT OF THE CAR AND JUST SAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT ROAD WHERE HER CAR WAS HEADED. Okay, fine, it was pretty far away but far away isn’t far enough when she’s driving sooo fast. “Leo, leo…leo…LEO THERE’S A DOG WHAT DO I DO,” Oh she was screwed. The dog was screwed. They would all die. Really god, on her birthday?

“Addie just step on the break sometime in the next thirty minutes and I think we’ll be fine,” OKAY MISTER STOP WITH THE SMIRKING AND HELP. “Which one’s the break again?” she asked with slight fear in her voice. “It’s the one on the le-” “YOU SAID THAT BEFORE LEO I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO…” and so she randomly started pressing buttons and the radio came on. Oh god… OH GOD and he was STILL laughing, asking her why she turned on the radio. Wow… say. goodbye to your blue corvette and YOUR girlfriend Leo, because if she came out of this alive, she would DEFINITELY consider breaking up with him. “WHAT DO I DO LEO WE’RE GOING TO DIE,” “Relax Addie, take a deep breath,” OKAY NOT HELPFUL LEO. She found herself twisting the wheel to miss the dog that was still a distance away, and the curb ended up stopping the car for her. “Oh my god… oh my god I’m alive,” Addie whispered, putting her hands all over her body to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. “You. Are. A. Bloody. ARSE,” Addie stated, hitting Leo in the shoulder as he burst into a fit of laughter. “Who said learning how to drive was a good birthday present.” “You were the one who kept asking me to teach you how to drive, Addie,” “WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE BLOODY TOLD ME I’M CRAZY”

Did they stop there? Did they FINALLY switch sides and go home. NOoooo apparently it wasn’t enough torture for Leo to watch his girlfriend struggle, he wanted to do it for another 2 hours. Though, by the end she got pretty good - even driving with the gas pedal pressed. Though then he had to teach her about the different shifts and how you had to move it when you got faster. This was bloody hard. Could we go back to carriages? Please. It seems easier.

sigh

Though finally, he switched sides with her when it started snowing again - because apparently driving in snow was different? Or something like that, but in either case, they soon ended up at a little lake and she found him walking to the trunk of the car and pulling a picnic basket before coming to her side and helping her out. A gentle smile met her lips as he led her to the edge of the lake - laying on the blanket and pulling out what he brought. The two spent most of the day together, from driving to the picnic, to taking an adorable photo of them kissing by the lake, to coming back to the warmth of their home.

Currently, Addie’s lips were on his, settled into their couch as Holly barked for attention. Though, what finally pulled her away from him was a ring on his pager. “Fck…” Leo sighed, looking at the device. “I’m so sorry Addie… it’s a 911 from my dad’s company which means I need to go figure out what’s happening,”

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she placed a soft kiss on his cheek. “It’s okay love, go. I’ll be here playing with Holly since she clearly wants a little attention,” And there he went, disappearing into the night again. Addie had the radio playing in the background, simply wanting some background noise as she played around with her puppy. It was about an hour later that she heard the gentle buzz of her own phone - soon followed by a knock on the door as it often was with Blue Royalty. Great… just… great.

A sigh left her lips as she finished cutting up the chicken bits and placed it on the floor for Holly to eat, before heading over to the door to figure out what it was this time.

Christmas Eve Task:
I hope you didn’t forget about us Addie, because we definitely didn’t forget about you. Don’t forget, you’re currently in 6th place right now and this task could be the make it or break it for you - but we will warn you it’s time-sensitive meaning you must complete it in the next hour. Outside the door, we have left a wrapped present for one of your classmates. Do us a favor, and go deliver that at Cassandra Darren’s Door, and once you do, 20 points will be yours. Just for some extra incentive, if you don’t finish this task… there may be a not so friendly gift delivered to Natalia about your brother’s little crush on Dana Sloane. Good luck.
-Yours Truly, Blue Royalty

Okay… her heart was racing. She had heard about these threats from her fellow classmates, but until now, she hadn’t received one herself. Honestly, she had happily ignored tasks in the past and wouldn’t mind this one either… but… her brother’s… she didn’t want to involve him. Checking her watch… she knew there wasn’t much time since Cassandra lived about 20 minutes away… oh my god she was going to have to drive wasn’t she… okay… it’s okay Addie… take it slow. Leave a note for Leo… it’s okay.

Taking a deep breath, Addie went to the counter leaving her boyfriend a note that she had to go do something and she’d be back within the hour, and accidentally left the note from blue royalty near it. Tentatively, she grabbed his extra keys for his other car - working up the courage to even… drive. Perhaps if she had stayed even a few seconds later, she would have heard the news with the weather warning.

Breaking News:
“Hello listeners, we have just received word that there has been a shelter in place order that was just placed for Beryl and various other parts of California. It seems the winter blast has just turned into a winter storm. If you aren’t currently home, we highly suggest you pull over to the closest location and get inside as soon as possible. Stay safe listeners.”

Okay… OKAY she wasn’t doing bad. Adelaide Parker was behind the wheel of a different car that her boyfriend owned, slowly driving on the road - the present sitting in the passenger side She had been driving for upmost of 5 minutes, finally getting comfortable enough to drive a little faster, but before she knew it, she found the snow getting stronger. It was okay… it wasn’t bad… right? She kept on… not really noticing that there were no longer any cars on the road. At this point, Adelaide Parker was too distracted in trying to drive straight without going into another lane… the issue was that the snow had slowly gotten to a point of becoming overwhelming. Adelaide Parker could barely see the road anymore… or the windshield… and she knew instantly that something bad was going to happen. Do you ever have that feeling… that gut-wrenching feeling that something was going to happen? That you were no longer in control… well… that was the foreboding feeling currently in the pit of Addie’s stomach as she continued to drive.

Her heart started racing as she kept trying to clean the windshield with the water wiper thing but every time she added water, it seemed to just freeze the windshield and she could see absolutely nothing… well… less than before. Oh god… She needed to stop. Addie started hyperventilating, similar to how she was on a plane. She needed to calm down… to breathe… but Leo wasn’t there to calm her down this time so she did the only thing she could: she slammed on the breaks. She didn’t… expect the car to start skidding on the road because of that… and then, another car driving from the other side hit the back of her car and in an instant, she knew it was over. A gasp left her lips, as everything started moving in slow motion - the car turning and spinning. Addie’s body jerked in the car - through the seat belt kept her in place. She didn’t know how many times the car flipped, but glass exploded in her face from all sides as she lost control and then… she couldn’t remember anything. The last thing she knew was she was upside down, blood dripping down her arm from a piece of glass cutting her arm.

Shouting… she could hear it. “FIVE UNITS OF BLOOD STAT, WE’RE LOSING HER. SHE’S LOST TOO MUCH BLOOD,” Her eyes opened, seeing a flash of movement. Her eyes closed again. It was getting hard to keep them open, and her head was pounding. “HER VITALS ARE DROPPING, GET THE PADDLES READY,” her eyes opened again, seeing someone in blue scrubs looking at her with blood all over her arms. Her blood? Was that… her… blood? And this time, when her eyes closed… they didn’t open again.

Pounding… god her head was killing her. She struggled to open her eyes, and the first thing she realized was that she clearly wasn’t home. There were tubes all over her arms, connected to… so many machines. What… what had happened? Her mind was hazy and the headache wasn’t… helping her. Looking beside her, Adelaide found her boyfriend asleep on a chair beside her: his hand holding her’s tightly. He looked tired… “L…leo,” she whispered, though even that pained her to get out. With a gentle movement, she found his eyes opening - looking at her with a sense of relief. “You’re…thank god you’re awake,” he got out - worry dripping from his voice as he restricted himself from wrapping his arms around her, though did move to kiss her. A few seconds later, she found her brother walking in with two sandwiches in his arms - though he dropped the items when realizing she was awake. Unlike Leo, however, he immediately wrapped his arms around her - tears coming down his eyes as he kept repeating You’re awake… oh my god… thank god… thank god,.

She was awake, and apparently, it was a late Christmas Miracle because, with her injuries, she was supposed to be dead - according to the doctor who came in a few minutes after her brother ran out to go get him. And yes… she said late Christmas because apparently, it had been two days. “I’m…sorry Leo… your car… I didn’t…I shouldn’t have,” she started, though he didn’t let her finish. “I don’t care about the car. Addie. I care that you’re awake… and alive…”

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

10 minute date… oh and the rest of our lives - Short - 2039

“You have a place in my heart that no one else ever could have” - Ella Fitzgerald

Feels Like - Gracie Abrams

There’s a saying that history repeats itself. Was that a good thing or was it a bad thing? Well… Jordan Williams didn’t know the answer to that question… what he did know was that after years of being stuck in darkness - a lonely, destitute place - he had finally found an angel to help him out of the maze he was stuck in after Sadie Monroe had left him. Jezebel Sloane was his missing puzzle piece… the person that a part of him had always loved. She was his Tinker Bell - the one that would… and did bring light to his life with her magical touch… look…kiss. After all, she had a piece of his heart that would always be hers… it didn’t matter what point in their lives they were at… even that brief moment where he had assumed that she hurt him so much that it pained him to look at her. Here’s the thing about pain… no one can cause it if you didn’t care about them in the first place and with Jezebel Sloane… Jordan had always cared about her. Now… well now that he woke up next to her every night, he couldn’t help the smile that was forever on his lips. Yes… Jordan had made many mistakes in his life, and one of his biggest regrets would be Sadie Monroe and what he did to her but this… this wasn’t a mistake.

Laying in bed, Jordan was thinking about them… their past… their future. He found his hand caressing her cheek before moving down to her stomach and gently allowing his fingers to stay there. He saw a smile flutter to her lips, but she made no effort to open her eyes as she brought her body closer to his. “You know usually when people wake up, they get out of bed,” he whispered jokingly, placing a soft kiss on her forehead as she snuggled closer to him. “…they also don’t watch someone sleeping, but that hasn’t stopped you,” He couldn’t stop the soft laugh that left his lips, shaking his head as he brought his lips to hers “Well you can’t blame me when the girl I’m sleeping next to is so beautiful… but we should get up. I have a little surprise for you.”

And a surprise he did have… hidden in his closet, Jordan had an engagement ring waiting for him… waiting to sit on Jezebel’s finger so that he could forever call the woman in his arms his. “Come on,” he added with a smile - slowly moving up, but pulling Jezebel up with him bridal style before taking her to the shower. At least this time, they didn’t have to worry about being walked in on… and of course, Jezebel wasn’t fully clothed.

For the past few minutes, Jezebel had been trying to get out of him what he had planned - but he said nothing. Nope, Jordan William’s lips were ZIPPED shut. All Jezebel knew was that he was taking her on a date. Nearing their destination, Jordan stopped. Smiling at his future fiancé as he told her to close her eyes. Making sure she had her eyes closed, Jordan walked over to where he had left a single rose - walking back towards her with a childlike smile. As she opened her eyes, he continued “Just trust me okay? Give me the next 10 minutes of your time,” he asked, and it was as if in the instant he said those words that the memories came back to Jezebel. Her smile faltered softly as she looked around, likely realizing where they were - but he simply put his hand out, walking her towards the small little family-owned restaurant who, with a little convincing (ironically easier than the first time since he was Jordan Williams… and the little girl who now owned the shop remembered him from the first time he was there, all those years ago), had agreed to his still outrageous request of placing a small curb-side table for their date. Pulling her chair out, Jordan waited until she sat down to take his seat across from her. Less than a second of him sitting down, the owner of the restaurant came out with a cobb salad for the both of them. “So I saw the most interesting news story the other day with a flying saucer in the sky? I’m thinking that was you and your brother?” Jordan asked as he placed his hand on top of hers. As it has the first time, Jordan hadn’t even taken a bite of the salad - and Jez only getting one bite - before another server came and picked up the plates. He could see the laugh playing on Jezebel’s lips as the owner came back out with their Chicken Parmesan. He knew Jezebel was holding herself back about asking what this all was about. Either way, as she laughed at his question, taking a bite of the entree, the owner came back around. “Do you mind if we have the check? We have a movie we’re trying to catch in…” Jordan started, repeating his words from their very first date as he looked down at his watch. “23 seconds” . With a smile, the owner nodded with an of course, handing him the check - to which Jordan opened. “So… you had the cobb salad and the main course… and I really only had thee water so do you want to take this?” Jordan asked, a large smile on his face as his girlfriend laughed. “I’m kidding, of course, I got it,” he responded, handing the owner the checkbook after a second with a mouthed Thank You.

Standing up, Jordan walked toward’s Jezebel, helping her up and going to the edge of the street as he called for a taxi - opening the door to the taxi that just happened to be situated right next to them. Running to the other side, Jordan took a seat next to her telling the driver to go to 876th Ballen Street which was honestly less than a 27-second drive from where they originally stood. The second the taxi stopped, Jordan ran out his side, helping her out and leading her to where two chairs were placed outside the glass case of an electronic store displaying various TVs. The second the two sat down, a trailer started playing - though instead of Mean Girls, it was a trailer of Jordan and Jezebel. Picking up popcorn that was situated by the chairs, he handed it to her as pictures and videos of the two of them started playing from when they were children.

Video 1:

On the screen was a boy no older than 8 years old. His cousin Yara was holding up the video camera bombarding him with questions. “Jordan jordan jordann who do you have a crush on?” There was an instant blush that met little Jordan’s cheeks with that question. “No…no one Yara…” Though it was clear that little Yara was not having it. Turning the camera back towards her, the sassy kid rolled her eyes. “He’s SUuuuuuchh a liar. He cannnn’t stopppp talking about this girl named Jezzebel Sloane. It’s always Jezebel this, Jezebel that,” There was an audible hey heard from the background as the camera turned back to Jordan who was now profusely blushing, soon followed by his cousin singing the K I S S I N G song.

Video 4:

Similar to the first video, Jordan was still young in this one. Laying in the ER, Yara once again had her camera out. “Do you want to know what this idiot did? HE ATE COCONUT. You wanna know whyyyy. Just guess. Because the girl he’s in loveeeeee with offered it to him and his epi pen was expired so heeerree we are,” “Hey…I’m…not…I…not…love,” he whispered, looking away from the camera - a blush once again on his cheeks.

Video 10:

There were a few more quick videos of him as a kid, pining over Jezebel Sloane - though they soon found him a little older… 13 to be exact. This time, Jordan was recording himself

“Okay… so she said no again. I think this is the… third time I’ve asked her out? She keeps saying she’s just… too busy. BUT THAT’S NOT A NO. I just… have to figure out a way to take her out… It’s okay… plan 4…” 13 year old Jordan was pacing a small room, trying to think of something. He had started recording himself when he was younger. It helped him practice dance, but he just ended up keeping video diaries too after the school psychologist offered it during a talk to the entire school as being helpful.

After that, there were clips of together - finally dating. The two smiling, kissing, going on dates. One of them on the top of a ferris wheel, another of them dancing together. There was a video of Dan calling them too much - though that only brought a smile to his lips as he placed his hand in Jezebel’s as she watched. A video of them stargazing in a tent after Jezebel found out Jordan ran away from home again and used the money he had to buy a tent so that he had a place to sleep.

And then, there were even videos after they broke up.

Video 26:

Jordan was intently writing a song, playing the piano trying to find the right notes about yet another song about Jezebel. Part of him wondered if she was hearing any of his songs… but even if she wasn’t… it was giving him hope. The video was filmed by Riker who was walking in - at the time being a new addition to his band. As he finished the song with no lyrics, Riker begin speaking. "Is it about that girl again? . Jordan looked up, slightly surprised at the camera before smiling his signature smile. "Sometimes I feel like all my songs are about her.

There were a few more videos, but then it forwarded to them now. Laughter filled the screen as a recent video of the two of them filled the screen. Jezebel was holding the camera, asking Jordan a question that he honestly couldn’t remember anymore. It was more the laughter… the I love you’s that soon followed, and with that, the trailer ended… but instead of saying the end it said to be continued.

“Come on, Jez. We’re not going to make the 10 minutes if we spend all our time here,” he added with a smile, standing up and helping her back up and towards the taxi that had reappeared. Opening her door again, he joined her in the car seconds later for them to come right back to the restaurant where there was dessert waiting - but it was covered. Running to her side, Jordan pulled the chair out for her, but instead of joining her, he stayed standing. “I hope you don’t mind… I had to cut out the kiss part of this date for dessert,” he whispered and with that, the waiter picked up the cover to show a ring sitting in the middle of the plate. Grabbing the ring, Jordan went on one knee, looking at Jezebel with a soft smile. “Jezebel Parker… I have loved you for three decades… and time will never change how I feel about you so… will you marry me? Warning, if the answer is a no there mayyyyyy be a coconut dessert coming out for me,” he said jokingly, looking at her with a heart full of hope. The honest truth about all of this was simply that Jezebel Parker truly did have Jordan’s heart and perhaps she always had.

@Littlefeets

3 Likes

Oh… I fcked up… - 2040 - Part 2

Let’s get this straight. He was… FIVE FCKING YEARS OLD. Five? Not even a good age like 15 or 16 but 5. Oh this HAS to be a joke… but there he was. The person looking back at him in the mirror was not the 39-year-old Daniel Parker with 2 kids… and 2 on the way. No… he was 5. Touching his face, Dan sighed. This was not a good look. Don’t get him wrong, Daniel was fcking adorable. It just wasn’t a good look since he kind of had to get back to his wife. Unless of course, he was dead… yep… that would suck. He probably was honestly… I mean… five really? That in itself was a nightmare. Thank you devil or whatever.

A sigh left his lips as he tried to walk out of his bathroom where he was looking at himself. What Daniel needed was a computer. OH fck… 2007… the internet was trash. This was just great… smartphones didn’t even exist for another few months until his dad released the stupid little device through apple. Here was the problem though, the minute he tried to leave his room - his nanny walked in and PICKED HIM UP. “Time for a bath, Mr. Danny” Excuse you? No. NOPE. no. He did not take baths.

With a frown on his face, Daniel Parker now sat butt naked in a bathtub with his Nanny glaring at him because he was being a bad kid throwing things at her because guess what? HE WAS A 39-YEAR-OLD MAN WHO DIDN’T WANT TO BE GIVEN A BATH. This was degrading, absolutely fcking degrading. If this was the devil’s work in making him hate his after-life, he was doing a great fcking job. Also, ALSO excuse you Nanny, Daniel Parker was actually OLDER than you right now. Okay fine, maybe not in body, but in mind he was. So he honestly didn’t appreciate the rubber ducky and bubbles as the woman washed him. “Okay, Mr. Danny. We can get out now and get you in your favorite pajamas,”

So yes… Daniel Parker… THE FEARED Daniel Parker was now in superman pajamas. For fcks sake… really? You had to be kidding him. What day was it even? Sneaking downstairs, Daniel walked over to the newspaper - looking at the date. January 8th, 2007. Wait… January 8th? This was the day his sister… this was the day everything went wrong. Why… why was this memory replaying… and why did everything seem so real? Grabbing the said paper - Daniel walked back to his room where he was supposed to be - reading the newspaper. It had to be a trick… a dream… Dan had read this paper enough times in the past to know it perfectly so this didn’t mean anything. Throwing the paper to the side, Dan sighed as his nanny came in to read him to sleep. God, she was annoying.

Closing his eyes, Dan pretended to sleep as he did all those years ago, getting back up the second she left. It was currently 9:48 PM and if he had guesstimated correctly, his sister was taken around 10. Here’s the thing… if this was a dream… why not change a few things. If this was Hell… something bad would happen anyways, wouldn’t it? But what the fck, might as well make himself happy even if it was momentarily. Sure he could go full-on Home Alone and fck some sht up in this dream but why make things complicated? Grabbing a pen and paper - Daniel Parker wrote a simple note.

Hello Azure family. Nice fcking try. And dumba$s’, give your beneficiary, Leonardo Azure, a middle finger for me.

With that note, Daniel walked to his baby sister’s room - placing the note in her crib before carefully pulling her out of there which was bloody difficult being as small as he was. She was honestly kind of heavy but fck it. Holding her tightly, instead of walking to his game room as he did originally - Daniel went straight to the panic room in the basement. It was something his father had installed in case of emergencies - and maybe this warranted? Its steel, soundproof doors and biometric lock made sure that no one except someone from the Parker family could enter. Inside, older CCTV’s were set up looking in at the interior of the house and outside of the house. It was footage that he had seen many times - the kidnappers going to his room, being frustrated that dan wasn’t there, and then hearing Charlotte cry and walking to her room and grabbing her instead - escaping through the windows with their nanny knowing no better. But this time… Charlotte was with him, sitting in a steel cage - watching those cameras intently. There was a secret exit in the room, though Dan didn’t need it now. All he needed was to see if he could change the narrative - or, if his personal theory was correct, things would end up the exact same. After all - if this was hell, repeating the same day and not being able to change a thing would be his hell.

Looking at the little kid sleeping in his arms, Daniel sighed. “You know, you’re supposed to be taken today kid. Raised as a fcking Azure, and getting a severe case of Stockholm syndrome for your kidnappers,” Daniel stated, though it, of course, coming out the voice of a 5-year-old. Despite that, however, Charlotte… or Akielah didn’t wake up. She simply stayed asleep in Dan’s arms.

48 minutes. That’s how long it took before he noticed movement in the CCTV’s and the second Daniel clicked a little button to alert the police. As in the original tapes, two men in hooded gear walked in the backyard - tranquilizing the dogs in the front. While there were only 2, there was a level of speed in their movements… almost as if they had scoped the area and knew exactly what to do to avoid getting caught. Turning off the alarm outside, Dan watched from the comfort of his seat as they climbed up to his bedroom window, walking inside and throwing ropes over to make for an easy getaway. Except… gasp… Dan wasn’t asleep. What are you going to do now?

Daniel heard Charlotte making a soft sound, before crying erupting from her lips. No wonder the idiots on the screen realized Charlotte was so close… but this time, being in a locked panic room with no sounds leaving the soundproofed location, they weren’t alerted to anything. Dan comforted his sister, watching intently as they instead begin trashing his room - looking in his closet and only when they knew he wasn’t there, moving to the other room where Charlotte was supposed to be. However, instead of finding her, they only found the note he left - soon followed by various police sirens. He could see the worry that met their movements as they rushed back to their point of exit, but they didn’t get far when the cops arrested them in the backyard - later going outside to the panic room and knocking to say they found the perpetrators. His parents, he could see through the CCTV, rushing inside with the cop’s appearance.

Here was the thing though… this was supposed to be hell… so why was he able to change things. Or… .was this heaven? Damn… he knew he was a good guy. Maybe he got to make his life perfect before heading to the big place in the sky? Though, honestly, he didn’t believe this heaven/hell sht in the first place… this was interesting. Going to the door of the panic room, Daniel opened it to his parents rushing in and wrapping their arms around both Daniel and Charlotte… and… that’s when his piercing headache started for the second time. and everything once again went black.

@Littlefeets - Akielah Mentioned

Dan in his Pajamas

2 Likes

Time Travel Chaos… Part 1…

It took time to come to terms with the fact that everything she thought she knew about her life wasn’t really true. She may not have been born Akielah Azure, but she would still never really be Charlotte Parker. Daniel may be her brother by blood, but she didn’t grow up with him. Kai was her big brother, Raph was her brother, Ria was her little sister, and Miranda Azure was the only woman she had ever known as her mother. Despite what Daniel may want, she can’t just deny that they are her family, the family she’s known for nearly her entire life. Her father… Leonardo Azure was the problem. He knew the truth the whole time and never really treated her like a daughter, not like her mom did, not even knowing the truth herself. Then there was the Azure she was most relieved to not share blood with, Elettra, that psychopath who always hated her from the moment she was named an Azure. Everyone that mattered to her, that were the family that she truly cared about, had no idea, not her mom, not her siblings who had no idea she wasn’t even their blood. Despite all of that, there was one person who Daniel wouldn’t be bothered by her still claiming as family, her cousin Valerie, who would really be her sister in law. Val wasn’t the only one of the three stars of the baby shower that Akielah was there for. There was Jezebel, someone who she had gotten along with before, who was apparently even her half sister now, and then Jess, now her cousin, but someone she called a friend for years. All three were expecting, and despite the unease between her and Daniel, she was going to be there to support. However…. Not everything went as one would expect, as everything went into chaos just after she arrived.

All Akielah knew was that her head felt like it was ready to explode. Akielah rubbed her eyes before blinking a few times. She wasn’t at a baby shower any more, that’s for sure, but where was she? She looked around, she was sitting on the couch, iPad in her hands playing Angry Birds of all things, with a perfect score of course. It was all physics. Projectile motion, doing a bit of trigonometry and calculus computations in her head, it was simple. That game, that couch, the opened gifts laying nearby… no, it was impossible. Akielah looked at her hands, at her clothes, then looked at the device’s camera in front of her, coming face to face with an image she hadn’t seen in years. Somehow, there she was, 8 years old again, but that wasn’t just it. She wasn’t just 8 years old, it was that day. It didn’t necessarily matter that she was 8 again, but what day it was, something only confirmed by the calendar. May 13th, 2014, Kai’s 13th birthday. What was this? Death, some strange dream, any number of other possibilities she could try to come up with? Whatever it was, did it really have to be the most traumatic moment of her childhood? As an 8 year old, Akielah stood up, walking into the kitchen, expecting to find her brother on the ground bleeding, with Elettra standing off to the side eating birthday cake, but thats not what she found. Her eyes met her brother’s. “I could’ve brought it to you sis. Or did you change your mind on which flavor you wanted?” A young Kai said to her. Akielah walked over next to him, seeing how Elettra was looking increasingly frustrated as she stepped closer to Kai. “Its okay, I didn’t change my mind.” she answered, trying to put all the pieces of the puzzle together as to everything that was happening. Though, she then looked to Elettra, and it clicked. She wasn’t supposed to have walked in yet. She wasn’t supposed to be there in the kitchen at that moment. Elettra hadn’t stabbed Kai yet, but she was about to. It was at that instance where a rare occurrence took place, as Akielah’s next action wasn’t thought through beforehand and one thing led to another where Akielah took the knife for her brother, only able to watch the pink of her shirt turning a darker color, a red, blood red, before everything went dark as she passed out.

2 Likes

Oh Dan fcked up… again - 2039ish

“Dorian… what… darling what just happened?” It was a bloody valid question okay? The man she was on top of was her husband. THEY WERE BLOODY MARRIED.

TWICE.

The two of them were quite literally about their have their sixth child and there so there was only love in her voice when she asked the man that question. Despite Jess’ tone of voice, however, that was not reciprocated from Dorian. “Dar… don’t call me that . How the fck am I supposed to know why you’re falling on me IN MY room, WET.” He repeated in the same tone as earlier, meeting her eyes with annoyance written on his features.

Okay… that hurt. That… really hurt… A frown met Jess’ lips as she looked at her husband with confusion obvious on her features. What the actual fvck was up his ass today? Dorian hadn’t talked to her that way since… let’s just say a long time ago. Though… writing it off as a fluke, Jess sighed wrapping her arms around his neck and softly placing her lips on his, forgetting about the incident and just trying to calm him down. She kissed him… of course she did. Why wouldn’t she? He seemed tense and she wanted to relax him down a little bit before asking what happened. For a second, she almost believed it was a fluke - feeling his lips moving against hers and a soft moan leaving her own. She let her hands go to his hair, softly tugging - almost indicating she wouldn’t mind if they continued past kissing… I mean they were already naked and it’s not like it was the first time they did that deed. It was only when she felt him still against her that she pulled away. Okay, seriously… what the fck was it? Was it Dan… did Dan say something again, oh she was going to bloody kill her cousin… and on the topic of Dan, how the bloody hell did she end up on top of her husband anyways.

Though, she didn’t get the chance to say anything when she found him turning so she was on the floor instead of on top of him him. The minute he was free, he immediatly got up and grabbed a towel. There was something on his face as he looked away from her for a second, wrapping the towel around his hips, “Just… leave the room. Now,” . It was only with those words that she started realizing what was happening and where she was… well… besides being naked in a room husband. There were a few things she hadn’t noticed when originally opening her eyes moments earlier… what could she say? She was a little distracted by the man under her.

Call it the journalist in her, but immediately - instead of responding to his rude sentiment - Jess found herself looking around at her surroundings while making no effort to get up off the floor where she was sitting. Did she care that she was completely nude? No. No she didn’t and even all those years ago the first time, why would she care now? Here’s what she realized: one… Jess wasn’t wearing her ring which was… strange because she never took her ring off. Two… well… did she have to mention that there was a distinct look of distaste she was receiving from Dorian… okay it was a little more than distaste, it was clear… hatred… and that in herself was making her uneasy. Three… she was in Dorian’s childhood bedroom which meant they were at Davina’s… which wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities since Davina lived close enough to Dan’s new house but why was she here instead of the baby shower anyways… and then… Jess felt her hand going to her stomach, an immediate mixture of fear and sadness filled when she realized she wasn’t pregnant. Jess covered her mouth, ignoring Dorian as she ran over to his mirror looking at her body only to… confirm that that was, indeed, the case. Looking back at her, the mirror showed a girl much younger than Jess was “I don’t…” she started, rubbing her head herself. She wasn’t pregnant… she wasn’t 39… and she sure as hell wasn’t married to Dorian anymore. No… she remembered this day… this was they day of Candice Clarke’s funeral and immediatly, Jess’ eyes closed wanting to murder her cousin. She didn’t know what this was… but it felt too real to be a dream. All she knew… was that she was sitting with dan who was working on a machine… and that machine exploded and now here she was. What the fck did he say it was…

Jess had to close her eyes for a second, going back to a conversation they had earlier on the phone that morning. Despite the pounding of her head that was subsiding, she remembered it. She remembered him being on the phone… telling her that she didn’t need to stop by McDonalds because they had food and after a little tease from Jess, he told her he was going to go work on his time machine. She honestly thought he was joking… oh you have to be fcking kidding me. Jessica just… wanted her life back… on my gods her kids… her babies… thank god they were at Davina’s that morning and Davina hadn’t arrived yet… please… please let them be okay.

“Our… kids,” she whispered under her breath, wanting to wrap her arms around her babies more than she had ever wanted to do so before. She wanted Dorian… she wanted her husband to wrap his arms around her and tell her everything was going to be okay, but the man standing in front of her wasn’t him. Her head was pounding but she didn’t exaclty have a chance to sit down and think about if she had the right theory as the other person in the room kept looking at her like she was crazy. Of course he was looking at her like she was crazy… Jess wasn’t supposed to kiss him. She was supposed to ramble… be her idiotic self… and then leave… and pretend to date Dylan… and then get arrested.

“Dori…” Jess whispered, going towards the man one last time in an attempt to pretend this was all a dream… maybe it was… maybe it…

“Great…” she heard him laugh crudly, shaking his head. “she’s high,”

Nothing could describe the hurt Jess felt at Dorian saying that. Yes… she knew it wasn’t the man she had spent 10 years with… she knew that. But it didn’t mean that it didn’t hurt. Walking over to his dresser, Jess pulled out a towel, wrapping her hair before grabbing one of his shirts and pulling it on. She didn’t say anything… not like she did the last time. She couldn’t… it just… Jess knew if she said anything she’d just cry and she wasn’t going to let him see her like that. Once she was dressed, Jess walked away towards his door - only stopping when she heard him mumble something under his breath. Maybe thank god or something of the sort… but either way, she couldn’t control herself when she walked back towards him. “You know what, Dorian. Just for once… for one fcking time, stop. Just stop acting like you’re this almighty greek god and just join us down on earth for a second to realize that you’re hurting me. I know, I get it. I left for 4 fcking years but don’t act like you didn’t hear my voicemail telling you that I had to leave. I told you, I told only you because I fcking love you. So Stop acting like a jerk for once and be the man that I fell in love with,” Maybe Jess shouldn’t have said that. If this was time travel… she didn’t want to change her life… but she couldn’t… help it. She loved Dorian and right now, everything he was saying to her was killing her inside. Really Dorian? She just realized she wasn’t pregnant anymore… you want to bring more trauma into this? Sure you didn’t know that but still.

There was confusion that instantly met Dorian’s eyes with her words, but it dissapeared just as quickly… almost as if he was used to putting up facade’s for the public. She found him walking towards her, and she knew exactly what was going to happen. Reaching her, she found his hand moving a stray hair behind her ear before softly cupping her face… and instinctively, she moved towards his touch. She always would. “Love? I don’t know what you’re on Jessica…” he started, making sure to look in her eyes as he said the next part, “… but no one here loves you. So for your sake, if I wasn’t clear enough before, Leave,”

Sure, Jess knew it was a lie. She knew he cared about her just as much as she cared about him, but she also knew her husband was stubborn… especially right now. Despite that, it still killed her inside that he would say that. She watched as he held a sarcastic smile on his lips, opening the door for her before adding on “Now.”

And so she did… she walked out of his room, waiting for him to shut the door before falling on the ground letting the tears fall from her eyes without any sound leaving her lips. She didn’t want this… she wanted her husband… her kids… the happiness she had finally found after years of struggling to pass by. Jess didn’t know how long she sat there, but hearing someone coming up the stairs, she instalty wiped her eyes - smiling as a young Davina walked up. Jess didn’t give her a chance to speak before walking over to her and wrapping her arms around her basically surrogate mother. Let’s just say… she needed a hug.

Jess tried to go home early… god did she want to kill her cousin, but after some convincing from Davina she stayed - telling Dylan to drop the dating act because she wasn’t feeling up to it anymore. She helped set the table, finished cooking the food, and took her place across from Dorian who showed up late.

Though Jess and Dylan didn’t act like a couple, there were still comments from Davina about the two of them - how they made the food, how cute they looked and Jess could see the frustration in Dorian’s eyes. She never knew this until later, when they were dating in about a year, exactly how much this moment annoyed him. She hadn’t… noticed his mannarisms that day - honestly just writing it off to him being annoyed that she was around. No… it was a mix of her… and his parent’s talking about her and Dylan.

“You know Davina, before I left I actually had the biggest crush on Dorian,” Jess stated, looking back over at the man who rolled his eyes at her words - clearly wanting nothing to do with her. WELL TOO BAD DORIAN, YOU’RE GOING TO MARRY HER. There was a tension in the room as Davina responded to her sentiment, but Jess wasn’t listening. She was just looking at her husband, trying to get anything of substance out of him. Jess had barely touched her own food… which really showed everyone in the room that there was something wrong. After eating, Dorian and Elo dissapeared, and Jess stayed back - cleaning up and talking to Davina about everything - even guessing how many grandkids she would have one day to which Davina laughed and doubted she’d have 11 from her 3 kids. Oh just you wait mama Davina.

Jess waited before telling everyone she should go - and as it happened in the past, Davina forced Doiran to take her home. Well… Jess didn’t exactly argue either, despite the way Dorian explained she could get an uber. Before he could say he’d wait in the car Jess walked with him. “So you’re just not going to talk to me?” Jess asked the man who ignored her as he walked to his side of the car and Jess got in the passanger seat, continuing to look at him. “I’ll drop you off somewhere close to Daniel’s house, I don’t want him to see me,"

“So you’re really just going to ignore everything I’ve said then? Real bloody mature, Dorian.” Jess sighed, looking out the window mumbling softly “And this is the father of my children everybody,” so that he wouldn’t be able to hear it. SEE THIS ZOE? THIS IS YOUR DAD in prime time. After a few seconds of looking away from him and driving, Jess turned back towards him. “Why don’t you believe me when I say I love you? No… really Dorian. Do you think four years changes the fact that I still care about you? That I’ve always cared about you?” Jess asked him the question, letting her hand gently touch his leg as she looked at him. Maybe she was fcking up the timeline or whatever, and she knew that deep down, the man sitting beside her did love her, but maybe she just wanted to hear that from him.

Why did she get hopeful when she knew this guy… this man who so stuck in his own head… was only going to hurt her? She knew this wasn’t her husband… but feeling his hand gently meeting hers fooled her but for a second.That second ended really quickly when she felt him picking up her hand and pushing it rudely off his leg. There was a cruelness to his voice as he started talking moments after pushing her hand off. "what are you trying to do?”

A soft sigh left her lips, as she looked out the window, unwilling to say anything else. Over the years, she had stopped randomly blurting out things around her husband… most of the time that was. Though shutting up was still not in her vocabulary, It was usually saved for awkward conversations… and while this qualified, she was just… too exhausted at this point… not to mention her head was still hurting. “Just forget it, love. Drive me home,” she mumbled, closing her eyes and just focusing on the periodic thump in her head. ”I just don’t get you,” . She remembered this… remembered this exact conversation… besides the changes she added. But here’s the issue with his sentiment… he did get her. Sometimes, it felt like he was the only one who did. “You will… or maybe you won’t, Dorian. But tell me this. If I asked you to drop me off on the side of the road right now, would you do it? We both know I could walk home,” she stated, simply. She knew his response to this - she had asked him last time and he denied the request because somewhere deep inside… Jessica knew she mattered to him. She had an entire life to know she mattered to him. There was a scowl on his expression as she asked that question. "No…you’re not walking home, we’re already there” . At least he responded calmer than he did last time… wasn’t this around the time that he got pulled over?

As if on cue, Jess found a cop car near them, however, since Dorian never sped the car up, the cop just went on his merry way, speeding ahead of them likely to find someone who was even a little over the speed limit. Bye Whittle :triumph:. “That’s what I thought,” she told the man as dorian pulled into Dan’s gate - a security panel on the side.

Saying nothing to Dorian, she unbuckled her seatbelt and bent over to the driver’s side, lowering the window. “Let me in w@nker,” Jess said near the key pad, hearing a Voice authorization confirmed and the gate opening. Slowly, she opened the window, before moving off of him and pointing ahead. She knew he wanted to avoid Dan, but he could at least save her the walk if he drove this far. Parking the car next to the house after another 5 minute drive into the residence, Jess stayed in the car for a second longer than she should have. "I don’t know if you believe me, love, but I’m going to fight for you, with those words, she gave him one last look before leaving her seat and closing the door - walking towards the house with an air of purpose.

“Why was that idiot droppi…”

“Oh shove it dan, we have a problem.” Jess didn’t care what her cousin was starting to say as she walked towards him. “I’m from the year 2040, and for some bloody reason I’m back here because you fcked up and now I’m stuck in my bloody 18 year old body kind of wanting to go back because I want my life back… so … fix this,”

@astxrism - Dorian Mentioned

3 Likes

Shorts Series: Don’t Mess with a Master Part 2 - 2015

You know who Jessica Pierce hated more than ANNnnnyyone else in the world? Well, that honor could only belong to one, Dorian fcking DeLoughrey. How was he even a DeLoughrey? Like… Jess actually liked the other DeLoughrey’s. Elo was fcking amazing - best-est friend a girl could ever have. Davina and Elijah - like second parents to her. And, Dylan? She loved him too. So how did the perfect family produce him. A bloody menace to society, if you asked Jess. Why the fck was her cousin even friends with him? Like seriously - please Dan, choose some other idiot to befriend and not this one. But noooo it didn’t matter how much she tried to convince him, he would simply ignore her telling her he could be friends with who he wanted. Well, fine Dan, FINE. Be friends with that idiot, don’t blame Jess if he gets you into stupid situations because Jess was not going to bail him out of those, okay :triumph:

Thankfully, however, it was Saturday and she didn’t have to see the idiot today… or so she thought. Walking downstairs in Daniel’s Mansion, she wasn’t expecting the room to be filled with boys… including Dorian, Andy, and a few other inconsequential names. “Oh bloody hell, why are you here?” Jess asked, rolling her eyes at Dorian before going over to Andy and giving her nug a hug. She didn’t listen to Dorian’s retort, instead shooting her cousin a you had to invite him over look to which he simply sighed. “They’re staying over for the weekend, Jess. Jezebel will be here soon too and you guys can hang with us.”

“Oh hell no. You invite your friends, I can invite mine,” and with that, Jess did just that - inviting Yara, Elodie, and Val - yes Val because she knew it would p!ss Dan off - to her own party. And there started a prank war to beat all prank wars. It wasn’t supposed to start like that… you know. But if you’ve seen Dorian and Jessica’s past… with him giving her soy sauce, and her giving him orange hair - you’d know that it was inevitable. Also, back to the orange hair - WHY THE HELL did girls in the locker room actually call him hot after that? gag. Hot? Really? Him? Ew. Jess swore that Emily became even more infatuated with him - putting up ginger photos all over the inside of her locker. Poor girl - she’d probably end up with him and Jessica already felt bad for her. Anyways, back to today. It was supposed to be a child day. Her friends came over, and they had fun hanging out in Dan’s game room. But then, THEN, the boys had the audacity to come in with ice cream in their hands. Excuse you… did they go to an ice cream truck without them? See - this is exactly what Jess meant by them starting the whole thing. They didn’t even TELL them about it and when Jess complained, do you know who told her it wasn’t his job to tell her? Yep. You guessed it. Dorian fcking DeLoughrey.

So of course Jess called all-out war bringing her girls upstairs as she planned a point of attack - starting with Val stealing all the chocolate puddings out of Dan’s fridge. That was only the start - because today, they would be going 100% Parent trap on these boys. First, when Dan ordered Pizza, Jess made sure they 1. didn’t get what they ordered, and 2. came out after they had waited for over an hour, eating their pizza. Second, they made it so right when the boys were in the middle of a video game or whatever they were playing, the girls cut the power so that they all lost… oops. Third, Jess put a little bit of dye in the pool so when the boys came out, they looked like blueberries.

What could she say? It was all in the fun of love and war… and especially WAR when it came to Dorian and him not TELLING her about ice cream. Did she expect retaliation? Yes… and no. After the first night, the girls and she slept happily in their beds - though, did any of them expect to wake up covered in honey, whip cremé, and jelly? No… no they did not. On Elo’s face, a mustache was drawn, on Val, a pudding stealer was written on her head, on Yara a unibrow was drawn, and Jezebel now had pink streaks in her hair. Jess moved to run to a mirror to see what the idiots had done to her but the second she stood up - honey dropped on her body, followed by feathers - the boys coming in moments later screaming with excitement. Also… if you were wondering what they did to Jess… well… Dorian seemed to have written “Dorian’s biggest fan” on her bloody forehead.

“Don’t get too bloody comfortable boys,”

It truly was all out bloody war. Jess and the girls glued the boys to their seats during breakfast, to which they retaliated by putting worms in their food. Then the girls put itching powder in their trousers, and the boys somehow pied all of them while they were walking to the tennis court. Suffice to say - it was never-ending but HEY, Dorian deserved it.

In the end, they all ended up exhausted and… well… a little more paranoid than they should have been… but in a weird way, they also had a lot of bloody fun together. It was finally the end of the night - Jess and the girls had water guns in their hands as they looked for the boys… though ironically, it seemed the boys had a similar idea, instead with nerf guns and they were at a standoff. “Drop it Dorian,” Jess stated, walking closer to him with her own weapon of choice and she found him simply rolling his eyes. So obviously he asked for it and she sprayed him… only to get pelted with bullets until they all ran out of ammo. It seemed Jess had run out first and so instead of letting Dorian continue to pummel her with nerf gun bullets, she tackled him, ending up on top of him as she pinned his hands above his head. “Now you say SORRY about the ice cream earlier” Jess told the man as the rest of the room continue to fight - laughter filling the room though Jess was focused on one particular enemy.

Let’s just say… no apology was given that night. How. Rude.

@astxrism

@Littlefeets and @CerealKiller characters mentioned

4 Likes

{ Shopping spree | 2029 }

Don’t laugh at what Dorian was wasting his free time on. It’s not something anyone could ever imagine him doing, even he wouldn’t be able to… until he found out his girlfriend was pregnant. That was not something he thought she’d tell him that time he found her crying, it also wasn’t something he was expecting she’d tell him ever… Okay, okay! Not ever but not before people found out they were dating. Speaking of that, the family dinner they soon had with his whole family was a bit overwhelming - besides finding out they were dating again, his parents also found out they’d be grandparents again. That was… great? Wasn’t it? It’s not a secret Dorian was never that interested in having kids but this… It was different. He was actually happy… And he wanted to make sure his girlfriend, oh no wait, his fiance was also happy throughout that whole pregnancy. He couldn’t imagine what that was like but there were things that could… help? Make it more comfortable or whatever those ladies on youtube would say. Yes… that’s what we’re here for. His recommended page on YT was fcked up because of videos he started watching but at least he learned something. Or… made a list of everything he needed to buy for his fiance thanks to other pregnant women. Can you imagine Dorian trying to find everything he wanted on Amazon, secretly? No? Well, you have to, because that’s what was happening. From those huge pillows Jess said she doesn’t need because he was her pillow to most dumb things like bath herbs. Who needs herbs in their bath? That sht doesn’t do anything… sigh. If random Sarah said she likes it then it goes to the cart.

”Thank you,” signing some papers and watching the delivery man drive off his property, Dorian was staring at boxes and boxes…and boxes of things he was hoping would be useful and not a waste of time and money. Not like that was a problem, Dorian just wanted to be cute and do something sweet… ”JESS,” struggling to get everything inside, he called out for his fiance, a cheeky and proud smile on his lips as he waited for her to appear. Was he prepared to hear her say this was the dumbest thing he has ever done when she sees everything? Mhm, he’d probably do the same thing if he was her but it was not dumb! “Are we starting a bloody carnival that you didn’t tell me about…” Okay, that was a good start. Just smiling, he rested his elbows on the tower of those boxes, watching his confused fiance. “Because if we are, I’m going to be the person who walks on that little tiny rope with the net thing okay and I only accept payment in caramel popcorn and pretzels.” ”That’s… not a bad idea, expect you walking on a tiny rope but no, that’s not it,” walking toward her, laughing lightly, Dorian cupped her cheeks before gently kissing her and then continuing, ”You just have to promise not to laugh and actually try out everything.” Not giving her time to protest, or at least not listening, he moved back to the packages and attempted to open the closest one, using his keys that were in his pocket. ”So… I did something and this… might give you an idea,” picking out the first item for that smaller box, he turned back to her holding some kind of belly buds. ”Oh… this one I didn’t like because it looks dumb but it was on a list people swear by… so here it is. You know what else was on that list? Half the things you’ll find here… Help me out?”

Soon the whole living room was filled with boxes, interesting and absolutely ridiculous items, including that pillow Dorian ended up liking. Cmon, it’s amazing. Belly belts, seatbelt adjustments bump belts something that was also another great purchase if you ask Dorian, exercise balls, wedge pillows, maebends, some morning sickness sweets, belly butters and a lot of other things he had no idea what they were for but hey, they’ll figure it out. That’s how that whole day passed - opening boxes, hating on the sweets and then going to buy some real food, and then doing that same thing again… Until it was night time and the only thing left untouched were those bath herbs, salt… ”Come,” walking up to Jess in their bedroom and wrapping his arms around her from behind, he placed a kiss on her cheek, before leading her to the bathroom, not answering any questions. After that torture he put her through it was only fair if the day ended with her relaxing so running the bath and putting in… that ridiculous salt, they were now standing in the almost dark bathroom with a few candles lit. ”I’ll ruin the mood if I say get undressed, right?” Whispering with a cheeky smile, he let go of her and took a step back. ”Maaaybe if you… take your time I could join you after cleaning up that mess downstairs…” With those words he quickly exited the room, that smile staying on his lips.

@benitz786 just something

2 Likes

Marriage: People always said that it wasn’t supposed to be easy. That a good marriage… a healthy marriage would take work… fights… heartache… but it was the act of pushing through all of that angst that made a marriage successful. Now here’s a thing: Jess and Dorian didn’t often have that. Maybe it was for the simple fact that they had so much pain for years before they got back together, but either way, it was always easy with Jess and Dori. They understood each other… knew how to make each other happier together than they were apart. There was simply so much love between them that nothing could really push them away at this point in their lives. Don’t get her wrong: Jess and Dori still fought but it was never anything big and they always made up very quickly after whatever fight they had. Over the past 10 years, there was no doubt in Jessica’s mind about her husband, and honestly, she trusted him with her entire heart. There was no text message, no photo, nothing that Dan could do to screw that up - though trust her, he tried. So tell her… why was Jess currently sitting anxiously on the kitchen table looking at photographs of her husband hugging a female while he was supposed to be abroad for a soccer tournament? There was a simple message from her cousin “I’m guessing you don’t know where your husband is? Because, Jess, this definitely isn’t him playing soccer.”

Usually, Jess would throw away whatever Dan sent, or send him a text to tell him to buzz off… but over the last month or so… something was off with Dorian. He kept going to London more and more often… and Jess just had this weird feeling. He was lying to her and Jess knew it… Jess always knew when he was hiding something but usually, she didn’t question it. She didn’t need to…she trusted him. So why was this… this moment making her feel so uneasy? I mean who the bloody fck goes to London 6 times in the past 3 weeks for a soccer event - whether it was hosting, or playing for some bloody team. He was in London more then he was at home with her. What the hell was going on Dorian? Jess didn’t have time to comprehend the issue when she heard her daughter come in with a smile on her lips. Instantly, Jess put the photos away - it was not something their children ever needed to be subjected to. “Mommyyy why is dadddy not homeeee,” Jess smiled as Zoe walked in hugging her soccer bear tightly as she walked over to her mom, instantly climbing on the chair to sit on Jess’ lap and look at her. Jess kissed her daughter’s cheek as she fixed the girl’s hair before answering.

“He’s busy at work darling. He’ll be back soon, okay?”

Would he? Honestly Jess didn’t know - he kept calling and extending his trip or changing the date he was supposed to be back. The man was supposed to return two days ago but due something happening with the soccer thing, he was held back. “But I miss him,” Jess sighed… she missed him too. But clearly her husband was busy with something… and part of her hoped it wasn’t the girl in the photo which she knew very well could be Dan just getting a photo at the “right” time.

“Hmm how about we go to our favorite ice cream place and get a late night snack while we call him? What do you think love?”

Of course her daughter said yes, hugging Jess before running out of the room to tell her siblings - and once again, Jess was alone looking at the yellow manilla folder Dan sent. Though… with a deep breath, Jess took it and threw it in the trash.

He was back… finally. But again… something was up with him. Everytime Jess asked about the soccer tournament, he laughed and gave her a basic answer before changing the subject. He had multiple calls that he would step out of the room to take… it’s just… everything was off between them. Currently, the man was in the shower and Jess was ignoring the messages Dan was sending her about her husband when she heard his phone ring. Usually she wasn’t this type of person… but he had 2 missed calls in the last few minutes, and looking at his phone, he clearly had multiple texts from the same number as well… so she picked it up.

“Dorian hey! I know I said I wouldn’t do this again, but can you pleaseeeee come back for a day or two immediately? I need you.” and Jess hug up… not wanting to know what else the woman would say because it honestly just made her heart hurt. She put the phone down for a second, hugging her legs to her chest with her head laying on them just wondering if she did something wrong. She always knew Dorian deserved better than her and maybe… he had finally found it. After a few seconds, Jess walked into the bathroom with the man’s phone. “Hey Lo… Dorian. You… um… have a few missed calls,” Jess got out, leaving the phone in there with him and leaving before he could say anything else.

As she expected, the minute Dorian came out of the bathroom… he told her how his coach was asking him to go rep something for Nike in London… and that very same day he left again. He lied to her… he liked straight to her face and Jess knew… she knew what was coming… she knew she was just waiting for the day for him to come back and tell her she wasn’t enough. Jess wasn’t an idiot… she knew he had been lying. After the first few times, she had used some of her journalist skills and simple internet skills just to search her husband on the internet and knew there was no soccer tournament he was at… there was nothing. While her husband was gone, Jess found Dan sending her more photos of him with that girl… the same one… probably the one on the phone, but this time, Dan of course sent her divorce documents. It wasn’t Dan’s first time sending those, but it was the first time Jess looked at them for longer than a second. She wasn’t contemplating signing them… her mind was simply wondering when she’d get the documents from her husband herself. After all… it was clear that sooner or later, he’d send them… it was just a matter of time. She only stopped staring when she heard crying from the baby monitor - at least her children served as ample distraction from the sheer pain she was going through.

Why was Jess currently on a plane going to god knows where? She didn’t know… all she knew was Dorian was a few seats ahead of her - clearly making sure that he didn’t sit anywhere near her. It was… fine… she was mentally preparing herself for him to simply tell her he wanted out… and she would give it to him. He deserved anything he wanted… even if it killed Jess inside to give it to him. She was sitting next to Shay and Aidan who were watching Ella Enchanted with her. Ethan was asleep in her hands as she smiled with her children’s excited looks at an older movie they had never seen before. They were nearing the end… the happily ever after to which her children always loved. Jess had always thought she had her happily ever after… but then why did she feel like this. “Mommy can we watch another old princess movieee?” Jess nodded, next playing Another Cinderella Story with Selena Gomez as they spent another few hours just passing the time.

Surprise surprise… they were in London. London… where Dorian had been going for the past month with no explanation. Jess was honestly surprised that he spent most of his time with them instead of… sneaking off. Though, Dorian was always good to their kids and it was Shay’s birthday meaning he was constantly next to their daughter. Currently, though, they were in the back of a car as Dorian told them not to look - probably a surprise for Shay. Jess simply paid attention to Grayson in her hands to keep her distracted… distracted from the way Dorian had been clearly ignoring her not only during this trip… but in general. It hurt… she wouldn’t lie. She pretended to be asleep every night before he came in just to avoid… whatever talk was coming. Maybe she was being stupid… ignoring the inevitable… but it’s not like he wasn’t doing the same thing. As Dorian gave more instructions to their kids, Jess kissed her son - whispering “I love you baby,” before looking over to Dorian as he mentioned a you too.

As he left from his side of the car, Jess smiled at her babies. “Alright darlings, you heard him. Eyes closed… especially you Zoe. Come on, I’ll do it with you,” she added, trying to keep her kids engaged as she closed her eyes. She found Dorian opening the door and helping their kids out one by one, before hearing him mutter “Here,” as she felt his hand in hers, kissing her cheek as he helped her up, taking Grayson out of her hands and likely putting him and Ethan into their stroller. She felt his arms arms wrap around her waist, and she leaned into his touch as she always did - keeping her eyes closed until he told them they could look. Though… when she opened her eyes… she didn’t expect them to be at the castle the queen had gifted them. She heard her children squealing and immediately, they all started running inside - Shay holding Aidan’s hand tightly to make sure he wouldn’t fall. Jess and Dorian followed suit… though Jess remained shocked almost unable to talk. “So… all those… times you were going to London you were…doing this?” Jess finally got out as they neared the gate. She watched as he nodded. “And… those missed calls… those random trips here… all the trip extensions… they were all…” she continued… placing the puzzle pieces together as they entered the renovated castle. He nodded again. Jess felt a weight lifted off her shoulders as she wrapped her arms around her husband tightly, and for a long time not letting go as she just hugged him. “I thought you were cheating on me you w@nker,” Jess whispered so low that it was barely audible. She didn’t let go of her husband for a long time that day… simply happy that their happily ever after didn’t end.

@astxrism

3 Likes

Shorts Series: Just a little surprise

You know what sucks more than your boyfriend living thousands of miles away from you? Well… maybe the fact that before living a thousand miles away from you, the two of you were inseparable and spent almost every second of every day together. Yep… that was the exact boat that Jessica Pierce was in. While her boyfriend lived in Miami, she was indeed going to school in Oxford - approximately 4,386 miles away from Dorian DeLoughrey, 9 hours by flight, and Jess was living 5 hours ahead time-wise. In other words, by the time Dorian was done with soccer practice around 7 PM, it was already midnight where Jess was. Despite that, Jess and Dori still face-timed every day… that didn’t necessarily mean she didn’t miss him which is exactly why Jess had decided to skip school for a few days to visit him… specifically… surprise him especially with his first football game approaching in a few days.

Here’s the thing though… Jessica Pierce had no idea where he was. She had her key to his apartment, but despite it being 8 pm, the man was nowhere to be seen. HELLO Dorian, your girlfriend has been on a flight since 4 PM (her time) wheeeerree are you? She wants foooodd and sex. Oh well… despite not being there, Jess chilled by herself - put her suitcase away, took a shower, tried to find something unhealthy in the fridge which was honestly difficult because her boyfriend was kind of a health nut. In any case, one hour passed and her boyfriend still wasn’t back. So what did the journalist major do? Well… she went on her phone (after plugging it in to charge) and stalked his Instagram and Snapchat for a few minutes only to realize that he was “out with the boys” at a club nearby. Arse. Fine, she couldn’t blame him. It’s not like he knew she was visiting - though as much as she’d love to chill at his place until he came back at 1 AM, she was kind of missing him so what the hell, she’d just go see him at the bar.

After getting dressed, Jess made her way to LIV Miami. Apparently a random Wednesday meant club day for some odd reason because there was a large line of people waiting to get into the club… but here’s the thing… lines and Jess didn’t exactly go together. Here’s another thing, to get into a club without waiting in the line - you just have to act like you belong. That’s exactly what Jess did, ignoring the line and walking up to the front with a sense of purpose. From the photos on Instagram, it seemed that Dorian’s soccer team had gotten entrance into the club because of a sponsor that wanted to spoil them before their big game on Friday - meaning they specifically had free entry. So with a simple smile, Jess looked at the bouncer before saying “I’m here with the team,” to easily gain entrance into the club.

Music filled the venue, and while part of Jess wanted to dance… a bigger part of her just wanted to wrap her arms around Dorian. The question was, however, where the bloody hell was that bugger? It was a valid question… until of course she saw the VIP section. Though her smile turned into a frown seeing that it was being guarded. Here’s the other thing about clubs - as easy as it is to get inside, getting into the VIP section took more than just saying you’re with the team - trust Jessica, she tried that when attempting to surprise Andy and saying she’s with the band and just looking like a bloody groupie. In retrospect, yes, she is a groupie for Andy, but that was another issue all together.

Walking towards the VIP section, Jess peaked to see where it led. small rise, separating the VIPs from everyone else, and if Jess moved far back enough - she could see a large group of guys scattered there drinking and probably pregaming before coming down to the actual club. And then… there he was. Dorian DeLoughrey situated in the middle of it all - not drinking, of course - but still having a good time. Walking towards the bouncer, Jess shot him a smile before asking the question she knew would be shut down. “So tell me… what do I need to do to get up there without being on the list?” Jess asked, receiving a roll of the man’s eyes. “You can actually be on the list. Now move along,”

Yep… this was going to be a little harder then she thought. Or was it? Jess watched as two of the men within in the VIP lounge came down and headed towards the bar, clearly getting shots for the rest of them. Who knew why… maybe they lost a bet from their friends, either way, they were doing the grunt work. Walking towards the two men who were now talking at the bar, Jess ordered a manhattan as she listened in on their conversation. Something about the game this Friday, then moving on the cheerleaders. In any case - bloody boring. Thinking through her next move, Jess grabbed the Manhattan, Looking back towards where her boyfriend was… a slight idea struck her mind. Faking an American accent (simply for the hell of it… and for the reason if Dorian had told the two about them, the fact that she was a brit probably would have come up). “Hey boys… I hope you don’t mind me asking. Blonde, white henley - would I have a chance if I flirted with him?” The two men looked surprised at Jess joining their conversation, but after a second, they looked to where she was pointing before looking at each other and laughing slightly. “Trust us, as gorgeous as you are… there’s absolutely no chance… but there are a few other guys up there” “…and down here” “Yes Derek… and down here that would love to flirt with you,”

Jess show them a laugh “You know… I’ve always been up for a challenge. How about we make a bet? 100$ that I can get him to come home with me?”

The boys immediately looked at each other - clearly amused that she thought she had the chance. DId they tell her he was taken? No - clearly they wanted her to find that out for herself. “Deal… but how about if I win, instead of you giving me a $100, I just take you out on a date instead?” Jess let out another laugh, playing it up like she actually would let the man in front of her take her on a date. In any case, after the boys got their shots - they led her to the VIP section telling the bouncer that she was with them.

“Good luck… don’t tell us we didn’t warn you,”

With that, both men left her to her own devices as they approached the table screaming “SHOTS”. Dorian was surrounded by his friends - including the ones she had just met who were watching her to see how she would approach this. Honestly, Jess didn’t exactly know herself - but in any case, she took another long drink of what she had in her hand before approaching Dorian who was in the middle of a conversation with someone else.

Taking a seat next to him, Jess turned towards the man as she let her head rest on her arm which was perched at the edge of the booth. A few of the men had turned towards her when she took a seat - probably recognizing that she wasn’t one of the cheerleaders they knew. “Excuse me,” Jess started, putting her arm on his shoulder to direct his attention to her. Jess’ smile grew when the man turned towards her, a look of surprise meeting his features as he realized who she was but before he could say anything, Jess continued in an American accent. “Do I know you? Because I have to say… you look a lot like my next boyfriend… so I should probably get your number” Jess started, pulling her phone out and biting her lip slightly as she looked at him with a glimmer in her eyes. As much as she just wanted to wrap her arms around him, Jessica held back as more of Dorian’s friends seemed interested in what was going on. There were whispers around them - and Jess picked up on particular cheerleader saying something along the lines of “Poor girl, she’s about to get shut down…”

Dorian seemed to see where she was going with this, because soon the look of surprise left his expression and instead was replaced with a small smirk as he relaxed into the couch to look at her. “Oh do I? “Do you ask everyone for their number or am I just really lucky?””

Oh… so he was going to make it hard on her huh? What a great boyfriend… sigh, this was going to take some work. Casually letting her hand move from his leg to his shirt, trailing against his torso, Jess nodded, not looking up at him as she focused on letting her hand move against his body “*You do… and trust me, I don’t just ask anyone for their number,”" With that, she finally met his eyes, bringing her lips to his ear to whisper “…or even have my phone charged enough to ask for someone’s number,” “Good,” he whispered back. There was a glimmer in her eyes as she told the man the inside joke which probably looked like sweet nothings by anyone watching them. It was true… she still wasn’t the best at keeping herself plugged in but hey… she tried for Dorian. “So I guess you are pretty lucky.”

“… I don’t know. Should you get my number?”

Oh you bloody Arse. Also… do you know how hard it is not to say bloody hell in a sentence? She really had to keep herself calm to maintain the American accent rouse. ““I mean you don’t have to… but how the hell is your new girlfriend supposed to call you if she doesn’t get your number?”” At least she could still say hell. Damn this was hard… especially since all she wanted to do was kiss the man sitting in front of her. The men around them… and women seemed to all be at the edge of their seat, everyone pretty much watching their exchange and talking about what they said amoungst the music. Though, right now in Jess’ mind, it was just him and her. She knew he was trying to hold back a smile, though every now and again it slipped through. “I like my girls to be inventlive… Don’t tell me you don’t fit the criteria?”

Jess couldn’t help but roll her eyes, laughing slightly at his words as she moved the hand that was trailing his chest back to his upper leg. “Why don’t I show you how inventive I am in bed tonight? I mean… if you think you can handle that? Don’t tell me you don’t fit that criteria?”” Come on love, you’re making this hhhaaarrdeerrr then it has to be. Yes, take that bloody pun as it is. Just take the bait, darling.

"So she wants my number and to take me to bed… Who says you’ll be able to handle me ? But I don’t know if I’m intrested…”

This time, however, before she could respond she heard one of the boys speak up.

“DeLoughrey… chill. You have a girlfriend,”

Jess turned towards the man who said that shooting him a smile before making a scene to look around and innocently responding with “Really? Well… I don’t see her here.” Jess told Dorian’s friend before looking back at her boyfriend, letting her hand settle very close to his… well… you can paint a picture. “Well your mouth is saying one thing… and other parts of your body are clearly saying other things so why don’t we be honest with ourselves cutie?” There was a challenge in her eyes as she looked at Dorian with those words and she found his grin growing.

" “So… you want to hear me tell my friends to not come back to my place for the afterparty for a while because I would love to show you how I can handle you ? I wouldn’t be lying…”

“Bingo,” with that, Jess stood up - putting her hand out for her boyfriend to lead him away - but before she did, she walked to the two boys she made a bet with, putting her hand out and watching as they took their wallets out with confusion to hand her both 100$. After she had the money in her hands, Jess walked back to her boyfriend, wrapping his arms around her before speaking to everyone who was watching their little scene - dropping the American accent. “I feel like for the santity of Dorian’s reputation, I should tell you all that I’m actually his girlfriend visiting from London. Though this was fun. It was nice to meet you all,” Jess said with a smile, turning towards the boys she made a bet with and winking at them before pulling her boyfriend downstairs with a bright smile of her own. “So were you telling the truth about showing me how you can handle me? Because I would love to see you try, Love,” Jess told the man as she finally wrapped her arms around him tightly. “Bloody hell, Dorian. I missed you,” she whispered before pulling him in for a kiss in the middle of the club.

@astxrism
@CerealKiller - Andy VERY BREIFLY mentioned

2 Likes

{ Expert in baby language talks to his babies | Shay }

”What did you say?” With Shay between him and Jess, Dorian was playing with her while lying on his side in bed, late at night. She wasn’t a bad baby… sometimes she just refused to sleep and that’s what was happening now. Baby… yeah, Dorian had a baby and that was… It was going better than he thought it would. It was also a huge change he was still getting used to but there was nothing he’d ever want to change about it. Sleepless nights were not that great when he had things to do the next day but he couldn’t complain. Especially not when he gets a chance to do this. Hearing mumbles from his little girl, Dorian frowned and shook his head, ”So that’s why you don’t want to go to sleep… I told you there are no monsters in the dark.” By this meaning talking to Shay. Yes, he could understand eeeeeverything she was saying and there was not a time when he wouldn’t answer her. Like now - she was obviously talking about scary monsters and that’s why she needed cuddles from her parents more than ever before. ”Janxkahasah aadajap,” yes there are, she’d start before talking about what she’s seen in the dark. From shadows to little dark monsters who had huuuuge wings and liked to fly over her crib. ”No way. What else do they do?” ”Psvosj asskspp.” ”Really?” ”Dasddsdaap.” ”Nooo… you’re just messing with me,” poking her stomach with a cheesy grin, the girl started laughing only proving she was messing with her dad. How rude, Shay. ”That’s not nice,” gently picking her up, Dorian kissed her chubby cheek before placing her on his bare chest.

”Abbbabp dbjjjp.” ”No, no, you can’t say sorry now,” ”Dpaaddpa aadajap.” ”Mommy says I should forgive you? She told you that?” The smile Shay had on the whole time made Dori’s smile grow bigger as he lifted her off his chest, placing more kisses on her cheek before starting to tickle her. ”That’s another one of your jokes, isn’t it?” Once again hearing Shay’s cute baby laugh, Dori frowned. ”Aadajap.” ”I knew it. Do you want your mom so you can mess with her?” Moving her closer to Jess, the girl reached out for her dad still laughing and babbling. ”Ppaddpaoaj.” ”No?” ”Ppaasskspp.” ”You want me? Will you promise to be nice?” ”Dasddsdaap aadajap.” ”You’re not sure?.. Okay, I can work with that, you’re toooo cute,” a bright smile on his lips appearing again, Dorian hugged his little girl, her head resting on his shoulder and her little arms wrapping around his neck.

1 Like

{ Expert in baby language talks to his babies | Zoe }

”Gooood job,” sitting on the grass in the backyard, Dorian was holding his arms out for little Zoe who was learning to walk. Well, she did start walking but if she wanted to be a good little soccer baby she needed to practice… Okay, she didn’t haaaave to be a little soccer baby prodigy but you know… Quality dad daughter time. ”Dasddsdaap,” falling into his embrace, Dorian quickly picked her up, smiling at her while holding her in his arms. ”Yeah, it was good, baby.” ”Asaappasa djbbabjb.” ”Sorry, sorry, it was perfect,” who knew Zoe would be so cheeky? Apparently she thought she was better than just good so how could Dorian disappoint her and not agree? He has to make his girls happy. ”What are you smiling at? You like it when I complim-” ”Giggebjbb aspppbs,” translating to nooo daddy, you like to do that and I don’t mind it. Okay, okay Zoe. That’s a big lie. ”Is that soooo?” Tickling her sides, it almost seemed like Zoe was (shockingly) trying to escape his grip, falling to her little knees while laughing. ”You have nothing to say?” Now lying on the grass, he did not stop tickling his little girl and that way not really giving her a chance to answer. Life is hard when you understand babies…

”Come here,” getting up and picking Zoe, he held her up high and just waited… You know how kids like it when you throw them and catch them? Of course Zoe liked that too but did she deserve that now? ”It’s your time to defend yourself.” ”Dabbbsbda sbsbb,” not the best excuse and apology but have you seen her? Have you seen both his kids? How could he break their little hearts? He couldn’t… so he continued playing with her - throwing her up in the air and catching her, listening to her cute baby laugh and laughing with her until Shay joined them and now he had two daughters to entertain.

1 Like