Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

As much as it was always questionable to Annie the extent to which her siblings actually did want her in the way Paige said they did, she knew it wasn’t time to comment and bring up her own problems at this time. “If it means anything at all I’m not sat here listening to you just because I tolerate you,” Annie replied. Is that something that would help in this situation? She had no idea, she had no idea what the right thing to say in these situations were. Sarcastic and/or argumentative were really her specialty. And while they were frequently used on Paige in the past, as much as Paige used them on her, this was definitely not the time to be doing that.

Mason Mitchell then crossed her mind. The guy that she had barely interacted with but seemed overly concerned about her and Paige’s plans to break into Jordan’s house. Which, in retrospect, she probably should have listened to. But what she was focusing on was that at that time, Annie had overheard a conversation revealing that they were siblings. “So who actually is Mason?” It probably wasn’t wise to keep pressing about her family right now, but intrigue overshadowed suitability for Annie. “A sibling? Cousin? … Insert other family relation?” She asked.

Then Paige went onto explain who Anna Pierce actually was, what she was like. From her answer she could infer that Anna wasn’t going to give the answers that she wanted - if any answer at all. “I can’t say I have it planned out yet,” Annie told her quietly, realising her idea to walk in there and miraculously find the words to say - as she usually did - may not be the right way to go. Maybe there was nothing she could really say, nothing could take back 18 years of leaving them.

“Then won’t she be glad to see she created two of them,” Annie said in a half-hearted tone regarding Anna creating a sh!tty daughter in Paige. If Paige was sh!tty then what did that make Annie, who had just hit her father’s house with a car - one of many stupid, sh!tty-daughter-esque things she has done in the past. “So is there any chance you know anything about her sex life from… I don’t know-” Annie looked down at the watch she wasn’t wearing- “18 years ago?”

@benitz786 Paige Pierce

1 Like

July 2038 — Sophomore Summer

Alison Foley continuously had a revolving door of guys, and had dated a range of people. While most were harmless, some doctors, teachers, dancers. But this one in particular seemed to bring a significantly negative effect onto the household. A drug dealer, who Alison had been dating for almost three months now - both benefitting in the way that Alison developed an addiction and the dealer had a regular customer. Lenora Foley had particularly kept her distance from the pair, that had practically inhabited their living room, which was easy with the company of her boyfriend, Enrique Montoya, who helped her escape from everything.

The drug dealer was violent, they knew that. But that didn’t mean Lenora had expected to find him with his hands around Alison’s neck against the wall of the living room, that in which the floor had been covered in shattered glasses, when she came home. “So are you both in on this? This some kind of undercover sh!t?!” He asked Alison as he gestured towards Lenora, who was already advancing across the room to pull him off. “What? In on what?” She said through heavy breaths. While her attempt managed to get him away from her mother, it also resulted in her being pushed to the floor by him, her hands breaking her fall but also landing on a shard of glass.

She didn’t get to pay too much time to her hand before he stood upright between the confused mother and daughter to expand. “Do you think I’m stupid? That I wouldn’t find out that the son of a police officer has been in and out of this place?” Lenora’s stomach dropped. Officer Montoya. Ricky. “He’s not–” She could hear her mother try to explain. “Either get rid of him yourself, or I’ll find someone else to do it our way,” He said, in a way that made it seem that maybe it was preferable for Lenora to be getting him away than one of his people. Lenora looked to her mother with pleading eyes. She waited, she hoped, for an indication that she was going to break up with him and kick him out right away at the threat. For her to get him out of the house, to sacrifice a relationship with an abusive drug dealer for Lenora’s relationship with her first love.

But instead came a nod. Folded arms, and a fearful - but agreeing - nod. Now both adults in the room were stood expectantly waiting for a response from Lenora. Waiting for compliance. “Okay,” She looked down to the ground, realising what she was losing with that single word. Then she looked down at her hand that had been deeply cut from the shard. Lenora looked back up to make sure the conversation was ending with her last word, before turning away to leave. “If I see him in here again I’m doing it my way,” He shouted to the back of her to make her jump one last time.

Leaving the apartment, Lenora couldn’t go to the hospital with no money for the bills. She couldn’t go to Ricky because the last thing she could do is risk him telling his Officer of a father about it. She couldn’t go to Zek or JP as they will ask too many questions about it. “Call me, if you ever need anything,” Elio Esposito had told her when they had met weeks earlier in the mall, after Lenora was almost caught shoplifting. Maybe he could be someone to help her and not ask questions. Or maybe he seemed like the only right choice in this moment. Whatever it was, his house was where Lenora was when she didn’t come back to the apartment that night.

With a bandaged hand and a mindset to somehow get Ricky away, Lenora came back home to the apartment, with the same shattered glass that had resided there the day before. Though it wasn’t long before a knock at the door stole her attention, and she opened to see the person she had been avoiding for the past few days. Becoming hyperaware that Ricky’s targeter was in the room next to them, Lenora quickly pushed him forward- and away from the apartment, shutting the door. “Ricky, hey, hi, how are you?” Lenora asked in a rush, looking up at him and realising how much she had missed him in the longest 24 hours ever, and realising how much she will have to miss him now and for however long she needs him to stay away.

@benitz786 Enrique Montoya

1 Like

A late response to this post

𝄞 Alien - Sabrina Carpenter

Sadie couldn’t pinpoint the exact moment she started liking Jordan as more than a friend. Whether it have been when they danced at the camping site, he showed up to her house on her birthday - or dare she say the day they met after he had gotten into a fight. But crushing on people was never something Sadie would find the nerve to act on. And Jordan Williams was no exception, in fact it even emphasised her rule. Jordan was the unattainable kind and amazing and famous singer who obviously every other girl would have their eyes on. And even if he didn’t reciprocate one of those many, she knew from their few months of being friends that he had a long history with Jezebel Sloane that she knew was safe to assume wasn’t still in the past.

𝄞 This feeling’s so alien, need to know if you’re just a friend

But then it seemed that after the hospitalising incident with the gang leader, the moment that almost killed her, something shifted. Through the most traumatic time of her life, Jordan was with her through all of it. And maybe… he was there for her as more than a friend? As friends who kiss. As friends who have date-esque moments even in the hospital. Because them being considered more than friends was most likely just her looking too far into it. Right? Yes that was definitely probably the case, let’s be real here.

It took several weeks of IV drips and stitches before Sadie was finally discharged from the hospital, with the support of crutches. What she was just in time for was the royal wedding of Malachi Azure and a Princess. Of somewhere. While Sadie would not usually attend, mainly due to the fact that she was not necessarily friends with either half of the couple, however the circumstances appeared to be different when Jordan asked her to be her date. But, here’s the thing. What if Jordan was just, like, feeling bad for the fact that she was in the hospital? What if that was all it was? Was it a pity-date? Well, now that Sadie was out the hospital, and so with nothing to possibly be feeling sorry for, she would finally confront her doubts.

𝄞 Oh, let me discover, all of your colours, if you love me let me know,

So here Sadie was, stood at his doorstep. She timed it perfectly, to be several days before the wedding, meaning he still had time to ask whoever he actually wanted to be his date. “Hi Jordan,” She smiled instinctively as he answered the door. But no, focus. “Okay so. I came here because I needed to say…” She hesitated as Sadie realised that it may confirm her overthinking, and she may hear something she didn’t want to. “I just wanted to say that if you- if we’re… if we’re like this, like going on dates- or at least as a date to this wedding- if it’s because you feel bad and it was because I was in the hospital, I understand, I get it, and you can say it is, that’s fine, please just say,” Sadie closed her eyes as if it would make a bad answer go away. Then she looked down for a moment. Looking very much. Not. At. Him. For this moment. “Because I kind of like you, a lot, like actually, and if it’s not the same way that’s fine but I can’t do some pit-” What interrupted her was his lips against hers. And what came after that was his words, that confirmed, perhaps, that she had been very wrongfully overthinking.

@benitz786 Jordan Williams

1 Like

Malachi Azure

A late night talk - 2032

Kai turned at the sound of footsteps behind him. He didn’t know how long he had been out on the balcony, but it must have been long enough for her to realize he was gone. “Are you okay?” she questioned as she stood at the edge of the doorway, just where he could see her. “I’m fine. I just couldn’t sleep. ” He knew she could see there was more to it, but he didn’t want any more pressure on her than there already was. She knew there would be a reason for him being awake, there always was. The only question was what that reason was this time.

Sleep didn’t come easy to Kai, and when he was alone it was always worse, but even when he slept it wasn’t always restful. Skye could often put his mind at ease, help him rest, but some nights not even having her in his arms was enough to help. He only had a couple of options, lay there and try to fall asleep without disturbing her, or sneak away for some fresh air and hope she wouldn’t notice.

“We both know that’s not true. Please, come back inside.” Skye added, holding her hand out for him to take, and he hesitated just for a moment before stepping inside, grabbing her hand and closing the door behind him. She brought him back over towards the bed, and that’s when he softly kissed the top of her head and lightly laid his hand against her stomach. “I don’t want you worrying about me.”

“I care about you, so I will. So you might as well just talk to me.” It didn’t matter what he said, she dug her heels in on the matter. Even with someone he loved, Kai didn’t like opening up to people. His thoughts usually remained in his mind, especially his worries and self doubt.

It took her time to get to what was really on his mind. Though it wasn’t as simple as what woke him up, it was what was keeping him up. Kai didn’t want to talk about it, or really even think consciously about it. He was scared, worried about the future, both with Skye and their child, and even for himself. He felt as though his hands were tied, and he didn’t know how that would change things for after the baby was born. A part of him was scared that he wouldn’t be able to do all that he wanted to be able to for the baby.

“I’m scared too, Kai. I don’t know how to be a parent. I haven’t exactly had an example to look to, but all we can do is try.”

“I feel like I don’t have control over anything. Everything’s out of my control… I can’t do the things I want, be who I want, my life isn’t mine and I don’t know what to do. How am I supposed to do this when everything is out of my control?”

“There’s a lot out of your control, Kai. She who should not be named certainly makes sure of that, but not everything is out of your control.” Skye said, softly bringing her hand to Kai’s cheek. “You control who matters to you. You decide who you love. You get to be you when we’re together. I know the Kai Azure that’s laying here next to me, the man who our daughter is going to look up to and know will always love her and idolize her as much as she’s going to idolize him. There may not be much you can do outside of this room, but you are always going to be able to be you, with us.” She was right, with her, he was in complete control of who he was. It was like a private world between the two of them.

“You’re right, but I still don’t know how to make it all work.”

“We will figure it out as we go. You can’t solve the world’s problems in one night. And solving your own takes just as long. But there are some things we can figure out.”

“Like what?” Kai questioned, able to tell by the look on her face that she had something specific in mind.

“We’re going to need a name for her pretty soon.”

“What names did you have in mind?”

“I like the name Scarlet.” Skye paused for a moment, as if she was waiting to see if there was a reaction from Kai while he thought about the name, before continuing. “But I like it spelled with only one ‘t’, like the color.”

“Why Scarlet?” Kai wanted Skye to be happy, but he just wasn’t sure about the name, especially being spelled like the color instead of a more expected spelling of the name. He just had a list of names he liked better. “There are other names that are also colors too, if that’s what you really want. Like Amber, or Violet.”

“But I still like the name Scarlet for her.” There was a look of certainty on her face that Kai couldn’t deny. He just couldn’t get past his uncertainty about the name. It simply didn’t seem right in his mind. “Maybe we need to think about that one for a while.”

Round and round they went discussing names, even settling on a middle name, but they couldn’t find a first name they both thought was right. There were names Kai suggested that Skye thought were nice options, but she was set on the name, Scarlet. While Kai, he didn’t come around to the name until the day she was born. Scarlet deserved to have the name her mother wanted for her, and Skye deserved to have named her daughter, even if she would never get to meet her.

1 Like

Did a 16-year-old really know what love was? Well, most people would say no. Or, at least that any teenager who believed in love just hadn’t gotten out of the honeymoon phase of their high school romance. Well, to that, Enrique Montoya would like to tell everyone that they’re wrong. Maybe it was young love, but that was just it - it was, love. Ever since Enrique had met Lenora, he had fallen for her.

He could still recall this insatiable need to impress her in chemistry class… which okay, ended up slightly in disaster because chemistry was totally not Ricky’s thing. All young Ricky knew was that he had this need to ask her out which he only did with the encouragement of his brothers. What? Young Ricky wasn’t the man most people have come to know in 2040. But, thankfully, she said yes, and ever since that moment, he had fallen hard and fallen fast. One could say, Lenora Foley was Enrique’s first… everything. First love, the first person he had put his trust into that wasn’t his family, and… something that Ricky wouldn’t find out until later, but the first person that would shatter that trust into a million pieces.

That being said, ricky had taken notes from his father who deemed himself the romance king especially when it came to his mother (which was totally embarrassing, but it was cute… don’t tell anyone ricky said that). So yes, he bought Lenora flowers every other day, took her out to do whatever she wanted, and brought her on family vacations. What could he say - Enrique Montoya was truly a boy in love. He would have done anything for her…

Suffice to say, that’s exactly why it hurt seeing the text he had been staring at for the past… 5 hours. The problem? Well, he had gotten that text at 11 in the evening and hadn’t seen it till this morning. And, well, one could only imagine what this meant…

Alongside the text was a picture of his girlfriend walking into Elio’s house, which was odd because, from his recollection, Lenora didn’t talk to Elio. She didn’t even really know Elio… so why the hell did she go to his house at night? He couldn’t help but wonder if this was why she had been acting weird for the past few days… telling him she was busy every day after school. Barely talking to him… canceling their date yesterday. Yep… yesterday when she ended up at Elio’s place and she had told him she had a big test on Monday and needed to study - which was odd in it’s own right because when Rick offered to bring some study snacks and do a study date, she just didn’t respond.

“Look… I don’t want to be Mr. Pessimistic or anything. But have you… considered the obvious? That she might be cheating? Don’t get me wrong, I love Lenora and there’s a whole list of other sht she could have been doing at Elio’s but…”

“I don’t think she’d cheat. Maybe she just needed to get homework or something. Or maybe she was studying with him?”

So yeah… of course Ricky told his brothers. It seemed like the best idea at the time - and what else was he supposed to do when LENORA WOULDN’T ANSWER HIS TEXTS AND HE WAS SLIGHTLY PANICKING BUT TRYING TO REMAIN CALM.

“They don’t have the same classes, Deigo. And she needed that at almost midnight?” Ricky sighed, looking at the text again. He could see that there was a bag in Leonora’s hand - something he had considered her overnight bag since she usually brought it when he was taking her out on a weekend getaway with his family.

“Crazy thought… why don’t you just go ask her in person?”

“Crazy thought… what if I find out something that I don’t… want to know”

“Come on Ricky, there’s only one way to find out. Go talk to her.”

Well… talk… yeah… that’s what he was going to do. But… well… Ricky couldn’t help his mind going to… the worst-case scenario. Questions kept roaming his mind as he drove to her house… what if she did… cheat. Why wasn’t she responding to his texts… like honestly, it had been over a day since she last said anything… well technically since she last canceled their date over text and she hadn’t even picked up his calls. What the hell was going on? And… how the hell would he even react to whatever information she told him?

Well, maybe they’d all find out in a second. Pulling up to her apartment, Ricky took a deep breath before walking up the small staircase that led up to her place. He found his heart beating out of his chest as he worked up the courage to knock on the door, but when he did - he found his heart dropping when he found Lenora pushing him from the door the instant it opened.

There was something in the way she instantly moved him away from the door, and he found his eyes flickering as she shut the door in front of him, only to ask how he was. Well, Lenora - worried, aggravated, scared out of his goddamn mind. Take your damn pick about what he was feeling. Instead of answering, he found himself staring at the closed door - his mind filling in the pieces to reveal that there was clearly someone in there she didn’t want him to see. And, well, there was only one person that fit that criteria; Elio. So, she was cheating on him.

He was hurt - that much could be seen on his face. At that moment, Enrique truly felt like everything was falling apart and the only words he could get out in that moment were “Why?” A soft crack in his voice clarified anything that couldn’t already be seen on his face. “Are you… cheating on me?” Maybe a small part of him still hoped… wondered if he was wrong.

@novella
@Littlefeets @CerealKiller bros mentioned

2 Likes

Room Tour - Aria is 3

Wooowza. Yesterday was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnng day. Like the longest of long days. Like like like Aria not only met her father for the first time in a preeeety dress at a cinderella ball… she also lost her father… cried allllll day on the plane because her mom was being mean :triumph: … and then found her father again because he was at HER home. LIKE HE WAS RIGHT HERE, STANDING IN FRONT OF HER. Well technically sitting because Aria woke up from her sleep and heard her mommy talking to someone and when she came out of her room rubbing her tired eyes she found her dad sitting on HER couch. LIKE WOW HE WAS HERE IN PERSON. She had to rub her eyes a few more times to make sure she was seeing right but that was him for sure.

There was a giddy expression on her lips as she squealed - ignoring what they were talking about to jump on her daddy’s lap and give him a biggggg hug. “Daddy daddy daddy you’re here. You didn’t le…leave me.”

She felt her dad wrap his arms around her and felt a kiss on her forehead.
“Of course I didn’t, princess,”

Okay so she was like totally excited. Like how mommy gets excited going to McDonald’s, Aria was a million times more excited. Pulling her head away from her dad’s arms, she looked up at the man’s blue eyes. HE HAD BLUE EYES LIKE HER. Did you see? Did you?

“Um…um… C…can I show you my room?”

She saw her daddy smile at her before looking towards her mom “As long as it’s alright with your mom, I’d love to see it”

“We’ll finish this conversation later.”

And with that, Aria jumped off the couch and pulled him towards her bedroom. Her mommy and her had decorated her room like a princess’ room because when Aria turned three she looooooooveeed princess stories. Well, okay she still loved princess stories. Her bed was under a castle, and she had a teaparty set, and and she had a little fort that was Mulan themed, and her bathroom was Ariel and under the water themed. IT WAS PERFECT.

“Th…this is my bed and I sleep here eeveeery night except for the nights I sleep in mommy’s room because I want to hug her. And and you can walk up here on the castle and mommy and me and my friends play princesses look.” Aria said with excitement, running to her castle and climbing it so that she could show him. “And and and then I can come down the slide daddy look,” and with those words she slid down and met her dad at the bottom before taking his hand and bringing him to her tea set. “Mommy and me and tea here everyyyy morning but I don’t like tea so she gives me chocolate milk,” And as soon as those words left her mouth, she was already leading her father to her bathroom. The entire room was decorated like so that she could pretend and be a mermaid like Ariel - meaning her bathtub was a pirate ship, and her mat and shower curtain were Ariel swimming and and and in the corner, she had a little island to dry off in and it was Moana themed. “Mommy gives me a bath here eveeerryyy night do you like it?”

“OHHH AND OVER HERE…” within an instant, Aria was already dragging her dad back to her room to another corner. To everyone else it seemed like a normal wall, but Aria knew the secret. Pressing down on the wall, the door opened up to secret room with alllllll her books in it. It was her Belle library and mommy picked a book every night to read. “This one’s my favorite book, and this one’s my second favorite and here’s my other favorite, and this one’s my fourth and then my…”

Yes… that went on for a while, and after all of it, Aria found herself tired once again. Settled into her bed, she found her dad sitting next to her with her 18th favorite booking hand, reading it until her eyes felt heavy. Yep, Aria was a princess… one that had both her parents now.

@Littlefeets

1 Like

November 2036 — Freshman Chemistry Class

“Do you have a spare pen I could borrow?” Lenora asked the guy who sat behind her, after hiding her own perfectly fine pen in her pocket. Somehow it had taken her the last few weeks to decide on that as the method of approaching him for the first time, when she decided that pretending to check the time in order to look in his direction for a fleeting moment was not enough anymore.

It had only been the first few months of high school, and while Lenora was still unacquainted with most of the place, one thing she had grown familiar with was the feeling of excitement and giddiness when entering her chemistry class. That was because she knew it was another opportunity to get the attention of the cute boy she had developed a… likely-unrequited… crush on. While for almost two months Lenora had missed those opportunities, a random Wednesday in November was the day she decided to change that. Or at least try to.

As requested, a spare pen was handed to her by him, one with a planet on the end. “Cool pen,” She said as she took it and that was that. Lenora hadn’t planned any further than that, and so she had no choice but to turn back around. ‘Cool pen’? That was it? What a conversationalist, Lenora. ‘What’s your favourite planet?’ would have opened up a great discussion that would only rightfully end with ‘Let’s look at the stars together’. But, no. Upon trying to make friends in her first few weeks at Cerulean High, Lenora had become quite good at making conversation - and yet right here and now in front of him somehow she had become lost for words. This was different, though, this wasn’t making conversation with a friend this was making conversation with Cute Chemistry Guy. And she had just failed.

Chemistry usually came effortlessly to Lenora, but the first half of the lesson today had gone relatively slowly as she had been distracted by her frustration. That was until she finally looked up from her desk when the teacher said: “Okay, everyone, get into pairs for this next part,” Aha! Did the universe take pity on her sad efforts at approaching? “Hi,” She had turned around to him before her mind could catch up to impose doubt. “We should be pairs so I can give you back your pen at the end,” Lenora declared with enough confidence that the non-sensical almost made sense, her gaze staying on him in hopes he agreed. Somehow he didn’t question this, and Lenora turned her chair around to be sat facing him.

“I put the Law of Conservation Matter which is that there is no detectable change in the total quantity of matter present when matter converts from one type to another,” Lenora was reading a fourth answer to the questions that had been put on the board, focusing on the work to distract from the fact that she was actually sitting opposite him, where he could very much see her right now, and if she looked up from her book she would be able to see him too. “Or changes among solid, liquid or–” “What’s that?”

That was when Lenora finally looked up, and actually at him to see what he was referring to. “What?” She asked after her glance gave no answer to that. He gestured his pen, planet-themed like hers, towards her eyebrow. No. Above her eyebrow, at the now-healing cut that ran across half her left eyebrow. That would be the first time someone had asked her about it - mostly because she had covered it with a plaster or foundation, though also because her friendship group consisted of high-class girls who were more concerned with makeup and boys and clothes than each other. The point being, she hadn’t ever rehearsed an answer to where she got it from.

“Oh, I just- it’s nothing- I just bumped into the door,” Lenora explained, which wasn’t completely a lie. It was a door, that had been attempted to be slammed shut by her drunken mother who didn’t realise she was stood at the doorway to help her up to her bedroom. She had been in a day-drinking cycle with her at-the-time boyfriend, yet was continuously left to her own devices to get home. While she had profusely apologised to Lenora when she was sober, it failed to break her routine. “It looks like it hurt,” He told her with sympathy. It did. “It doesn’t anymore,” She brushed off, though holding onto the genuine concern that he had given her.

“Why are your pens so weird, Ricky?” A degrading tone of voice interrupted the indescribable ambiance that had come with the question of her injury. The owner of that voice being a fellow - or not-so-fellow - freshman who was laughing and picking up his pencil case full of the planet-themed pans. Lenora sat up, her brows furrowed, as a feeling of defensiveness loomed over her. “Only boring people have boring pens, Dylan,” She told him with her arms folded. “And no pen in the word will overcome your incapability to even spell ‘weird’.” As far as freshman insults go, this one proved to be effective as Dylan quickly sat back in his chair across the room.

“I’m Ricky, by the way,” He told her at the end of the lesson, as Lenora was turning her chair back around. “I know,” She said, to which she immediately shut her eyes because THAT’S NOT WHAT YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO SAY, “I mean because Dylan said it ear-- I’m Lenora,” She said, giving up on explaining. “I know,” He replied with a slight laugh - to which she couldn’t tell if he was saying it just to make her feel better, or he actually did know. Either way, a smile crossed Lenora’s face in response. “And thank you, for earlier with Dylan,” He said, in reference to her minor outburst to him. “It’s okay,” She replied shortly - because it was. For some reason, the need to protect Ricky had come instinctively.

“See you around, Lenora,” Ricky said to her, which Lenora had to wait for him to turn away before she could let out the wave of excitement that those words had brought her.

Those feelings for Ricky that Lenora had as a freshman only grew as she did. It even had turned out that they weren’t unrequited. And it soon enough it wasn’t just a crush: he was her best friend, her love, her support when she eventually told more truth regarding her mother. Looking at him now as they stood in the hallway of her apartment, nothing for her had changed. But that included her need to protect him. And she needed to do that now, no matter what the painful costs were.

But Lenora hadn’t even done it yet. So to see Ricky already hurt and frustrated confused her slightly. What was he thinking right now? “You… I can’t- we can’t go in,” Lenora said quietly when he asked why she shut the door, looking down to resist the urge to blurt out that there’s someone in there that wants him dead for his relation to an Officer. “I can explain,” She said, barely-audible because… she actually can’t explain, really. But she had to say something. It was to either say something or cry right there.

That’s when Ricky asked if she’s cheating on him. Her risk of breaking down was disrupted by the absurdness of that question. Of course she hasn’t cheated. There is no one else in this world she would even consider in that way after seeing Ricky. It was him on the first day of freshman year, and it has been only him ever since. He thinks she cheated? Oh my god, he thinks she cheated. Which makes the closed door of the apartment look pretty confirming of that theory for him. “What? That’s not who’s–” in there. Then who is? How could she explain this? Lenora leaned back on her apartment door as she came to a realisation.

“Either get rid of him yourself, or I’ll find someone else to do it our way,”

She couldn’t explain it. She can’t explain it. Ricky thinks she cheated, and the only way Lenora can protect him is to keep him away. The only way to protect him is to allow him to think that. “I’m sorry,” Was all she could say. For Lenora, it was an apology for needing to cut him off, an apology for losing him, for not finding another way. For Ricky, it was a statement of admission.

2 Likes

November 2036 - Freshman Chemistry Class

Okay, 100% this teacher was speaking nonsense. It had to be freaking nonsense because it didn’t… well… make sense. Fckkk… god, Ricky hated Chemistry. It was times like these - where he was staring at the board not having any idea what was happening when he really missed the summer when he didn’t have to think of this… stupid stuff, though on that note, thank god for Thanksgiving break and Christmas vacation - at least he could get away from all of this. But honestly, when in his fcking life would he EVER have to know about hydrogen bonds and sh!t and… wait what were they learning again?

See, here was the other issue about chemistry class. Besides the obvious not knowing what the hell was going on there was this cute girl who sat… right… in… front of him. Like, how the hell did anyone expect Ricky to pay attention? It was absolutely useless. Here’s the issue though… as much as Ricky would have loved to talk to her… and ask her out on a date that had them preferably sitting face to face… well… she actually knew what was going on in this class. How did he know that? Well, she actually raised her hand and answered questions and got them right… and then there was Ricky who kept getting stern looks from the teacher because apparently, he had dozed off mentally. Or… maybe the looks were because he got a 62 on the last test… but hey, that’s higher than what he expected - thank you Diego for the last-minute tutoring session.

So how the hell was Ricky supposed to impress a girl… or even talk to her… when he would probably just end up… looking like a doofus in her eyes? Hell… he had barely shot her a smile and she had been sitting in front of him for most of the semester.

“Do you have a spare pen I could borrow?”

Well… that was one way to start the conversation. “Y…yeah of course,” Ricky responded, pulling the first pen he found in his backpack out and handing it to her… without realizing it was… great. Yep. He had just handed her a pen with a planet on the end. A planet. Yes, you heard that right. A PLANET. Smooth, Ricky. Real smooth. Say goodbye to asking her out, because after that, she’s going to think you’re a freaking child. sigh

In his defense, he had gotten the pens as an early birthday gift a few days ago from his grandmother who knew nothing about him besides the fact that when he was 10, he had a thing for astrology. Well, grandma, Ricky was no longer 11… but he did need pens so what the hell.

“Cool pen.”

Ohhh that was 100% pity. Sht. Yep, note to self - never bring those pens to school ever again. Actually, correction: never show your face again because Ricky had just embarrassed himself in front of the cute chemistry girl who would probably never talk to him again. Though… honestly now he just felt bad that she was stuck with that pen. With a soft sigh, he reached into his backpack to grab his pencil case so he could pull out another pen from the gift set just so that… well… she wouldn’t be the only one using the pen in public.

Though… color him shocked when the girl turned towards him a second time after the teacher told them to get into pairs. He was positive she’d run off far away from him, but no… he found her pulling her chair up. Alright Ricky… last chance to impress her. Honestly, if he couldn’t do it now… when they were paired up together when could he?

Well… easier said than done because once again, he found himself dumbfounded when they started working on the assignment and she just… knew what was happening. It all kind of just… sounded like a foreign language to Ricky… and honestly, he was more entranced by watching her concentrating on the assignment than he was… well… concentrating on the assignment himself. Damn, she was pretty… and honestly, she was even prettier when she was working. He, however, was distracted simply taking in her appearance. He found himself appreciating the way she looked at the current moment - this being the closest he had ever been to her. The way a strand of her hair gently fell in front of her eyes… if anything, it just reinforced the crush he had on her. So forgive him if he cut her science talk off as his eyes met a mark above her eyebrow - “What’s that?”

For the first time in the past few minutes, he had found her beautiful blue eyes coming back up to meet his. Confusion was clearly present in her features at his question, though she soon worked out what he meant as he pointed to his own forehead to indicate the mark on hers. With her explanation, he only nodded… unable to say anything besides “It looks like it hurt.” He should have… continued the conversation. Told her about a time when his idiotic self slammed against a door - which, honestly has happened more than once. Look, he had 2 brothers - things like that weren’t out of the ordinary. Though, he didn’t have the chance with the interruption of another classmate, mentioning the pens.

Great.

Ricky watched as Dylan grabbed the pencil case - laughing as he leaned against one of the other seats. Rolling his eyes, Ricky would have responded though… well… he didn’t exactly get the chance when Lenora did it for him. Honestly… it was really impressive, and soon followed by Dylan taking his ass back to his seat. Yep… Enrique had a crush on her…

As she turned back towards him, Rick sent her a soft smile. “I’m Ricky by the way,” he added, realizing he hadn’t even introduced himself in the past 20 minutes that they had been working together. Though, his smile only grew with her response - something he copied when she introduced herself. “And thank you, for earlier with Dylan,”

This was probably the first time since starting this class that Ricky actually wouldn’t have minded staying. Though, it seemed time was not on his side as the dismissal bell rang telling them all they had to get to their next class. With a deep breath, Rick grabbed his bag before getting up from his chair “See you around, Lenora,” he added, before walking towards the door where his brothers were waiting - making no attempt to get that pen back from her. Hey, it was a conversation starter for next time, okay.

Instead of looking at her, Ricky could only stare at the locked door - his heart breaking with every word that left her lips. She could explain? What a joke. Explain what - why he wasn’t enough for her? Why she had to turn to Elio instead of him? Honestly, at this point - Ricky didn’t… want to hear it. Honestly, it would only break him more, and at this current moment, Ricky didn’t know if he could handle it. Part of him was hoping… mentally praying that she was going to deny the allegations. That she would call him an idiot for even getting it in his head that she could cheat, and that he’d be able to wrap his arms around her and kiss her in a few seconds… forgetting all of this ever happened.

But that’s not what happened. Her apology was all the confirmation that Ricky needed for the tears he was holding back to finally well in his eyes. He wasn’t enough, not for her. In all this time, Ricky had yet to look back at her - his eyes still settled on the door, and truth be told, Enrique didn’t think he had it in him to look at her. To meet her eyes and confirm that she had… cheated on him. So he… didn’t. Ricky kept his eyes on the door, letting his hand go to his neck finding a necklace she had bought him for his birthday a few weeks after they had met. Letting his eyes close for a mere moment, Ricky wrapped his fist around the silver planet he hadn’t taken off since the moment she gave it to him, and pulled it hard - breaking the clasp. And finally, he simply dropped it on the floor before turning away and walking down the stairs he had run up earlier - leaving no words as he walked away from Lenora’s house for the last time.

@novella

1 Like

Just some days…2024

:musical_note: Play: Wonder if she loves me

A blur - that’s what all of this felt like. Jessica’s eyes wavered over towards the guests in front of her - all in extravagant dresses and suits as expected in a ball hosted by the royal family. It felt… redundant… and, dare she say, useless. These parties honestly always felt like a bore in her mind: simply a familial obligation to have the Pierce name in attendance. It wasn’t her first time in attendance, and it wouldn’t be the last. So, instead of fighting - she simply went through the motions. Currently, Jess stood in the corner, clutching her champagne and taking slow sips as she worked up the energy to start working the room again. After all… that’s what she had been doing right? Who… knew… honestly it was all a blur. It was probably just the champagne… it’s not like it was her first one of the night.

“Care to dance?”

Jess found her eyes meeting those of the man who asked the question… a man who still had a way of making her heart sink and skip a beat at the same time. “What are you doing here Kai?” There was frustration in her voice with the sentiment - after all, she had made it clear she never wanted to see the man again and here he fcking was.

“That wasn’t an answer to my question”

“Wasn’t it though, darling?” Jess let her eyes meet his outstretched hand - her eyes meeting the ring she had given him four years earlier… situated right next to his wedding ring. Wedding ring… yep… Malachi Azure had chosen his princess over her. Though, a few seconds later and she noticed he had still yet to take his hand away. Great. And now, people were staring.

Drowning the rest of her champagne, Jessica put the glass down before taking his hand - allowing the man to lead her towards the dance floor. There was a familiarity in the way his hands felt around her hips, though, Jessica was trying bloody hard not to think about that as her arms wrapped around his neck.

“What’s the bloody point of this Kai? Because in a few minutes after this dance is over, you’ll go back to her.”

“I was hoping you’d understand why.”

A soft laugh left her lips as she looked away from him… it hurt. Looking at a man she loved knowing she would never truly be with him. “The baby? I know, I saw the article before I left.”

“So you get it,”

“Doesn’t mean it hurts any less, Kai.” Jess closed her eyes, letting the man spin her around before bringing her back into his arms so she was swaying against him, staring at those around her… staring at everyone but him because… it wasn’t the same.

“Then why didn’t you choose me when I was ready to leave everything for you”

“I have my reasons, Kai.”

There was silence for a few seconds as he led the dance.

“It’s funny, isn’t it? The way the universe is constantly conspiring against us? First Anna, and our kids. Then Angela… we just can’t win.”

That’s when she stopped. Jessica found herself still in the middle of the dance floor, her eyes meeting him with a sense of shock.

“How do you know about Anna’s… and your… You’re not supposed to know about them.”

“How are they? Paige and Kiara? I wish I had the chance to know them… but you didn’t really give me a choice on that…”

“You’re blaming me? I… It wasn’t my decision Kai. I don’t understand… how do you know?”

“You didn’t answer the question.”

“You didn’t answer mine.”

“Jess,” He whispered, bringing his hand towards her face as he moved a stray hair behind her ear. For a second, Jess moved towards his touch… missing it more than anything she could comprehend. “I know what you know, Jess. It is your dream, after all. I’m just… here,”

A dream. That’s what this was. The second he said that the lights in the ballroom dimmed, and she found that the two of them were the only ones left in the ballroom. Time stilled… if that was possible, and for what felt like forever, she was just looking at him in the empty ballroom that had a spotlight just on the two of them. Wait… it wasn’t a ballroom anymore. Blinking, Jess found herself in his apartment, sitting on the couch beside him while he had a newspaper in his hand. Looking down, Jess was wearing his shirt, a coffee mug in her hand which she dropped with the shock of the scenery changing.

“Careful now, we don’t want you cutting your hand again.”

Jess looked at Kai - the scenery reminiscent of when the two were dating before… well… everything went down. Kai had his newspaper, and Jess… well… she had her coffee as her legs sprawled over his on the other side of the couch.

“I don’t think I can cut my hand in a dream, Kai.”

“I rather not risk it.”

She watched as Kai leaned down, picking the dropped mug and putting it on his coffee table - before placing the newspaper down on his lap. Jess found her eyes going to it, realizing the article was the one she read earlier.

“Prince and Princess of Listeria expecting their First Child”

“Kind of a plain article wasn’t it? I was expecting more… maybe a quote from the princess and maybe even me but nope.”

“Why are we here? Why are you here, Kai?”

“In your dream? Or in my apartment - because honestly, that should be a question for you. My best guess - it was the place you felt most comfortable with me. Maybe you miss it… I think I do too.”

“You know, it hurt reading that article before I went to Korea”

“Is that why you left?”

“Because I was hurt? No… I did it for my career.”

“Come on Jess, you can’t lie to me, that just means you’re lying to yourself. One because I’m a figment of your imagination but also, come on, I know you”

“I don’t know what you’re getting at.”

“Really? Do I need to spell it out for you? You left to escape, Jessica. You left because it was easy.”

“This isn’t easy Kai, I’m working my bloody ass off every day. I’m barely eating because they don’t feed the fcking servants. I’m staying up every night to write this stupid article. Don’t tell me this is easy.”

“And you like that.”

“I like what?”

“Fine, If you won’t admit it, I’ll just have to do it for you.” With that, Jess found Kai… or… the Kai-look-alike scootching closer to her until he was right next to her. She found his hands meeting hers before he finally continued. You’re running, Jess. Not just from me, not just because I hurt you, you’re running away because it’s easier to get away from all the sht that you’ve been through. Honestly, you’re hoping people forget about you and that when you come back, you don’t have anyone there so that you can just disappear… for good. Tell me I’m lying."

Well… that shut her up. Jess found herself pulling her hands away from him, crossing her arms over her chest as she backed up onto the couch - looking at the floor for longer than she needed to. “And what do you want me to say to that? Maybe I am. And maybe I’ll finally be fcking right. I’m tired, Kai. I’m so bloody tired.” She whispered. “It’ll be better for everyone. They’ll mourn, and they’ll get over it…”

“Stop lying to yourself. We both know that’s a lie. You forget, Jessica. I know you.”

“I made sure everyone’s in a good place. Dan’s happy, finally. Andy has Kaya. Dorian has a great career, and I haven’t pushed myself back into his life because he doesn’t deserve that. He deserves better than me. You’re happy. You’ll have a beautiful baby by the time I’m done here. Anna has Celine, and my other siblings are young enough that they’ll be fine. I covered my bases, Kai.”

“Oh come on Jess, you’ve painted a picture in your fcking mind that you can leave and it’ll mean nothing.”

“I’m tired.”

“That’s not an excuse to give up.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry, fcking fight. You don’t think you matter? Look at what you’re doing right now. You’re making a difference. If you don’t want to live for yourself, live for the millions of people you’ll help. Alive.”

Opening her eyes, Jess found the morning light from the window meeting her eyes. She was the first one up - surrounded by dozens of other servants at the castle sleeping in their own cots. And for a long time, she simply found herself thinking about the dream.

@Littlefeets

@astxrism @CerealKiller mentioned slightly

2 Likes

Compatability Test - 2029

“Dori, Dori, Dooooori, Loooove, Dooooori, Daaarllingggg” Jess squealed, running towards her boyfriend who was currently sleeping. Crazy right? Jess awake and Dorian asleep? Well, to that, Jess questions did she ever really fall asleep? No, no she did not - and yes, it was currently 5 AM approximately 30 minutes before Dori usually woke up to go for a run. And yes, Jessica may have drunk an oat milk latte with 3 shots of expresso a few hours ago. BUT WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM HER? She had a work assignment due two hours ago and… well… that expresso was still in her system so she couldn’t bloody sleep after she had turned it in.

So… what did she do? Maybe she got stuck in that lil hole called the deep dark web and she just… kept kind of clicking any link that came up on youtube. Yes, at one point she was watching a video about a tattoo tour on Andy’s body but like… look he has a lot of tattoos and it was a bloody interesting video. BUT it was kind of bloody rude that he didn’t talk about the 14 tattoos that were COVERED BY HIS SHORTS. So what did any sane person who had Andy’s phone number do? Well, OBVIOUSLY she spammed him.

To: McNugget
Message 1: WHAT ARE THE 14 TATTOOS ON YOUR NETHER REGION?

Message 2: HOW COME I’VE NEVER SEEN YOUR ASS TATTOOS?

Message 3: I WANT TO KNOW

Message 4: IS THERE A NUGGET ON YOUR BUTT?

Message 5: SEND ME AN ASS PIC

Message 6: You better bloody send me a peach pic when you wake up you wanker

Message 7: If you’re going to brag you have a better ass than me, I deserve to see it

Yes… suffice to say.

There were a lot of messages from the hours of 2:15 - 4:45 AM.

Oopsies.

Blame the caffeine.

Also… it wasn’t the only message she sent that night. Um… sorry Celine… and Zac… and Val… and all others… look… there were just a few questions she had after finding various videos online. Like, could anyone blame her for asking Celine if she ever hooked up with Justin Bieber? THERE WAS A VIDEO ON IT AND HOW THEY HAD A WHOLE 2 YEAR RELATIONSHIP IN SECRET. Or or… asking Val about the secret conspiracy theory that she was a time-traveling princess from the future? OR ASKING ZAC EFRON IF HE HAD SECRETLY PROPOSED TO SOMEONE IN SPACE.

These were all very valid questions.

From youtube, Jess may have wandered onto the internet itself… which leads to right now. Jess may have found a Compatability test GQ released a few days ago about Dorian DeLoughrey. Yes, this was the same Dorian DeLoughrey that Jessica was dating once again… on the down low after they made up a few months ago, of course. But, dating nonetheless. Here’s the bloody issue though this 10-question compatibility test was hard - and clearly, Jess needed her boyfriend’s help on it.

Hence, well, waking him up… aka bothering him 30 minutes early.

“Mmmhm?”

Jess found Dori’s arms wrap around her waist, pulling her onto the bed, and simply stuffing his face in her neck without MOVING. Mister, she didn’t come here to cuddle, she needs help on an important assignment.

“Doooooorrrii stooop, I need help,”

“With?”

“Take this quiz to see how compatible you are with famed soccer star, Dorian DeLoughrey,” Jess stated, quoting the article’s title from her phone. “I’m struggling with a few questions,”

“Jesssss, go to sleep.”

Not until you help me… Are you ready? Alright, so question one. You’re ideal first date is: A. a morning run on the beach watching the sunrise, B. A double date at a bowling rink. Or C. Netflix and Chill,… So like, you see why I’m confused right? First and foremost, nowhere does it say ANYTHING about food. A morning run? Me? No - god no. You’d have to carry me. I’m bloody trash at bowling, I mean you saw me that time I accidentally rolled a ball into that other person’s lane, and then Netflix and Chill is all fun and games until the Chill part doesn’t include food. Like, what the bloody hell am I supposed to pick. I was hoping I’d see a fast food date or something but noooooo."

“Netflix and Chill will have food.”

“Good food or…?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Okay okay I’ll pick that. Next question, favorite color… easy. Dogs or cats, easy. Though, I’m still offended that you said Heidi was too good for my lil rascal, Einstein. Okay okay here’s another question I’m confused about, 'You’re going on vacation with Dorian, where do you suggest you go? A. London, B. Italy, C. California. Like hear me out, I know you tell me you like London, but ar you just telling me that to tell me that because I like London? OOoorr do you actually like London? And do you really like California? I mean, you lived there your entire life so why the hell would you go there for Vacation? I want to say Italy, but the real answer is Mexico but like Mexico isn’t bloody on here.”

“Jess…”

“Are you going to tell me the answer or…” Jess frowned as Dorian closed her phone and put it on the bedstand before pulling her in closer against him. “Trust me, we’re compatible”

“But what if the test gives us like a 4% huh? What then, love? I didn’t even get to ask you the question about your favorite sex position. I mean, you told me you like one when we were younger, but ever since we’ve started dating, you seem to prefer…”

Jess found a smile meeting her lips when he couldn’t finish that question, finding Dorian on top of her - pinning her hands above her head as his lips went to her neck. “You didn’t answer my question, darling” “I think that answer is better shown, not told.”

A tired yawn left Jess’ lips as she woke up from… well… her much-needed sleep that didn’t last nearly long enough. Walking towards the living room, Jess went towards the couch where Dorian was sitting watching a… baseball game? Who knew?

Taking a seat next to him, Jess stuffed her head in his chest. “So I think we need to break up. We’re only 61% compatible. Did you know that you prefer your first date as a run on the beach? I could bloody never. Me? Exercise?”

“Jess. Shush and I’ll get you McDonalds”

“DEAL.”

@astxrism

@CerealKiller Val and Andy and Celine Mentioned

2 Likes

First Day - 2026

She wasn’t ready for this. So many things could go wrong. What if there was an emergency? What if somehow there was an emergency and nobody could get in contact with her? What if… she just had a bad day? How was Jezebel supposed to get through the day without wondering how her little girl was doing on her first day of school? There were a thousand things that could happen while Jezebel wasn’t with her. Sure, Jezebel had been away from her daughter before, with family, a friend, or even a nanny watching over her, but school was different. A bad day and Laurel could never want to go to school again, or couldn’t make any friends. Laurel could get sick being around the other kids, or she could have an asthma attack at school and the teachers might not know what to do, or someone could try to take her from school.

Was Laurel even ready to start school? Fine, she was 6 years old, she was supposed to be in school now, but that didn’t mean Jezebel was necessarily ready. Laurel was a big girl going to kindergarten, but she was still a baby in Jezebel’s eyes. Jezebel was already missing her as she hugged Laurel goodbye when she brought her to school that morning. Even Jezebel knew she wasn’t ready to see her little girl start growing up.

For most of the day, she kept checking her phone every couple of minutes, looking to see if the school had called her to say something was wrong, and to see if it was time to pick up Laurel yet. She had zero focus on anything else, she just wanted to be able to know her daughter was fine and having a good day. At one point, Dan tried convincing her that Laurel would be just fine, that there was no reason to worry, after all it was the best school, and everyone who would be at the school had already been background checked thoroughly, but Jezebel turned it back around to him, pointing out how he’ll understand next year, when it was time for VC’s first day of school.

It was a very long day for Jezebel. A few hours seemed like an eternity, but it was all worth it when she saw the smile on Laurel’s face. Jezebel got down on her knees to be at her level, and pulled her daughter tight into her arms.

“I missed you so much. Did you have fun today?” she asked as she picked Laurel up. “Yeah it was realllllly fun! We made finger paintings!”

“You did? Wow, you’ll have to tell me all about it, while we go eat some ice cream. How does that sound?”

“Yay ice cream!”

“Alright, let’s go get some ice cream, and you can tell me all about your day.” Jezebel said, giving her little girl every bit of her attention, letting Laurel have what Jezebel wanted so much at that age, her mother’s love and attention. Seeing her daughter happy, spending time with her after school, was exactly what Jezebel needed, and Laurel’s second day of school would be a little easier on Jezebel.

@benitz786 - Dan mentioned

2 Likes

12th November 2036

It had been just under a month since they had finally approached each other. Which, one could argue was too soon for Lenora to get something for Ricky - but she did so regardless. What? It’s his birthday, it would have been rude not to, right? Well, that was her thought process upon finding a solar-system themed necklace when thrifting. Because what a missed opportunity that would have been to not get? But now that she had actually bought it, she began to think it was too much, too forward and too soon. Well, it didn’t matter what it could be considered, because, either way, Lenora had forgotten to bring it to school.

After waking up late and practically having to run out of her house, the necklace she had kept on her desk leading up to his birthday remained there when she left the house. Which, when she was sat in Chemistry class that day, brought her to a predicament as the next day was the weekend and then maybe after that it would be too late to give it to him. It had to have been today. But then it made her question the thought of getting him something in the first place, was it a mistake? Was this a sign? Though in the moments she turned to face him, and the moments she looked at him, she remembered why she did it and how it was most definitely not a mistake. But how to give it to him. That is the question.

“Would you want to, maybe, walk me home from school today? I have-” She cut herself off, wanting it to be a surprise that she got something. Though after deciding to give this lack of context, it occurred to her that Ricky probably didn’t want to spend his birthday walking with her. “Or not, just don’t worry if you–” “Yeah, sure,” She looked up at the interrupting Ricky who had agreed to her vague request with raised eyebrows - which she quickly hided to make it appear as less of a big deal.

The usual Ricky-crush-nerves Lenora carried around him was able to be suppressed while they were walking somehow. But when they were at the door to her apartment, they were undeniable, and had even developed to he-was-outside-her-house nerves. “Wait,” Lenora said to the back of Ricky, who was about to leave. “I have something… for you,” She told him in a soft, nervous-for-rejection, tone. As Ricky walked back over, her hand lingered on the doorknob, looking at him so it could become a mutual understanding, without actually saying it, what big of a deal it was for him to come inside her house. Maybe it was a look of warning too, a look of ‘Caution: regret for taking an interest in Lenora Foley lies here’. Only once she decided she had taken all necessary precautions did Lenora finally open the door to lead him through.

Thankfully, there was no real sort of spectacle in the living room; there was no random new boyfriend of her mother’s, nor was there a drunken meltdown standing in front of them. In fact, the pair walked into a room filled with silence. Nevertheless, an instinctive hand took Ricky’s, pulling him past the couch which laid her fast-asleep mother, hoping he wasn’t paying attention to whatever bottle or substance there was next to her. It was only after they entered her room did Lenora look at Ricky again, for the signs of trauma or regret or disgust she had always imagined someone would feel if she ever brought them here. “Sorry. About that- this-,” Lenora said, in case he was just really good at hiding those signs - because, for some reason, he showed none of them.

“Wait, close your eyes,” She told him, glad to be able to change the conversation to the intended topic. “Quickly, you almost looked straight at it!” Lenora exclaimed, her hand jolting up to cover them instead. “Did you see it? You definitely saw it,” She said as she began to move away while he kept his eyes shut. “Okay, I’ll hope you didn’t,” Lenora commented as the necklace had been retrieved, her arms outstretched for her hands to meet at the back of his neck to do the clasp. After it was fastened, she moved back slightly and looked at him as she realised the intense feelings she had. The feelings of affection, and now safety, as he was standing in her room in her apartment. And he was still here. She didn’t want any of that to go away.

𝄞 All that you ever wanted from me was nothing

“Okay, you can open them again,” Lenora finally said, when she remembered what she was doing and took another step back. When Lenora looked at him expectantly, she realised- “Right, you can’t see it, because it’s- yeah, hold on,” She walked past him and lightly pulled him over towards the mirror so he could actually see what it was. Lenora looked at him through the mirror, “I wouldn’t forget your birthday, Ricky,” She said, after tactfully not mentioning it all day. “Do you like it?”

19th July 2038

Lenora closed her eyes in a wince as Ricky’s hand raised to the chain around his neck. The apology she had given as a response to him was enough. She knew what he was doing. She couldn’t watch what he was doing. She didn’t want to be right about what he was doing. But when her eyes opened to see the silver planet pendant on the floor, it painfully proved her correct. Lenora looked at him, her eyes pleading for him to look and somehow know she wouldn’t do this. But his head was down and adamant not to come back up, and she knew he would never look at her the same way again. They were gone.

“Ricky,” She called to the back of him in meaningless attempt to reverse her words, but he didn’t stop and she didn’t try again. Lenora fought the part of her that wanted to run after him, as she knew she would be risking his life by doing that. While doing this was killing her - to keep him in her life would kill him, and that would be her fault. In the circumstances, a world where he never spoke to her was preferable. But that didn’t stop her from sinking to the floor in the empty silence as she submerged in the new feelings of pain that had initiated from the moment he asked the question.

October 2038

While she had anticipated the sheer amount it had changed her by leaving her heart broken, Lenora hadn’t expected how much her ‘cheating’ would define her in the long-term. She had been over-sexualised almost her entire life, whether it be from mother-daughter trips to bars or from the (dis)comfort of her own home with whatever new partner her mother had, being objectified was a standard to her. So she should have been ready for the natural progression into slvt-shaming that came from the accumulation of that and her cheating. But, she had to admit it took a lot of getting used to beginning Junior year with significantly more offers for hookups and threesomes from guys and almost every girl in her class distancing from her in mission to not be associated with her. What she hated most, was that none of it would have mattered if she had Ricky to talk to about it. But he wanted nothing to do with her.

“He left, by the way,” Alison Foley broke the usual daily silence the morning after ‘he left’. The abruptness in her starting conversation even made Lenora jump just as she was about to leave for school. For the last few weeks… months, even, she had been distant from her mother, and therefore whatever was going on in the apartment. But the idea of someone being rid of their lives made her heart skip a beat at the possibility that it could be… “Who’s he?” She asked with narrowed brows. “Nick,” - a name didn’t mean anything to Lenora, and Alison knew it, which was why she expanded - “Yeah, the one who… back in July.” Lenora dropped her bag to the floor at the confirmation.

“He’s- so that means he- when… when did he leave?” Her words were choked but somehow they arranged into an understandable question. She didn’t want to be too hopeful, sometimes her mothers definition of ‘leaving’ meant an argument and coming back in the next 24 hours. “About a month ago,” She told her, which left Lenora speechless for a moment. She could waste time stood arguing about why it took Alison a month to tell her this, despite her knowing what 'Nick’s presence meant for Lenora, and her relationship. But Lenora knew Alison wouldn’t be able to say anything to explain or justify that, and whatever response she gave would just upset her more, which is why Lenora left without a word. She had someone else she needed to talk to now, anyway.

Her journey to that someone else’s locker was interrupted by a sophomore, “Lenora, would you be able to flirt with my boyfriend?” Lenora looked at her in confusion, but then looked around and away from her. “I need to know if he’s a cheater, I heard you would be the one to go to,” Then Lenora’s eyes were back on her. “Even sophomores stay updated?” She responded, out loud as a joke though internally it was recited in a less-than-humorous tone, as she walked away. “So I’ll send you his Instagram, yeah?”

Lenora’s attention was lost for the sophomore girl when she finally found Ricky at his locker. He couldn’t see her, but she could see him. It was the first time she had seen him since Junior year started. He looked different, for a start, he wasn’t wearing the necklace - well obviously not, when it now lived in her bedroom after the breakup. But what wasn’t different was now looking at him only brings the feelings she has always had for him. She still saw the guy she was scared to talk to in Chemistry. This time she was scared to talk to him for all different reasons. Was this it, she just walked right over and told him everything right here and now? She didn’t cheat, and she loved him, and they could be together without the risk that Nick brought.

“What the fvck do you want?” Okay, she deserved that. Fine, maybe this would be harder than what she thought. She held back the pain it caused her to see him regard her in that way. Like a less-than-acquaintances way. Enemies, even. “I need to talk to you, please,” Lenora responded. She knew that even if she told him everything that it may take time to get over; but it was still better than not saying it at all. “I have nothing to say to you, and I can’t imagine there’s anything you can say–” “There is something I can say, Ricky, I really need you to know and for you to hear this because I never–”

𝄞 Would you tell me to go fvck myself, or lead me to the garden?

A third person entered the conversation just before Lenora could finish her sentence. That third person immediately stole the attention of the second, which subsequently took the attention of Lenora’s. “I want to talk to my girlfriend now, Lenora,” Ricky told her, looking at Veronica Charlotte Parker. Lenora had to hide the extent to which those words cut through her in front of the pair - the couple. Instead she stood with no shown emotion, but she saw the smile that had appeared on Ricky’s face when Veronica had approached. Ricky had moved on, and he was happy. Lenora was too late, and she was heartbroken. Saying anything now would just cause problems, and she didn’t want to do that to him - or Veronica.

“That means leave, Lenora,” He told her, interrupting her train of thought. Lenora looked at him as he said that to her. There was nothing in his eyes, nothing for her to read, for her to infer he was feeling. Because he was talking to a cheater. “Yeah,” She almost-inaudibly responded, before turning away. The only thing that brought her comfort when they first broke up was the thought that Nick would leave and Lenora would be able to explain everything and it would all be fine. But now that happened - but not at all in the way she had expected. This moment was supposed to be their lifeline, and now it was lost. Maybe this time it was actually over, forever.

𝄞 I’m only 17, I don’t know anything, but I know I miss you

@CerealKiller Veronica Charlotte Parker

1 Like

Prom night / previously

”Don’t- That… That’s not fair,“ Elodie whispered in between Riker’s… Well, her own words from a few months ago. No, she didn’t want to be reminded of what she said because it truly was out of character for her, it was something she could never imagine herself saying but yet… It happened. She wouldn’t be lying if she told you she doesn’t really remember everything she said because she doesn’t, but she knows it must’ve been really bad. How can she really explain that to him? How do you try to convince someone that what you said isn’t really what you meant? Some would say that could be impossible but she couldn’t let it be like that.

Seeing he wasn’t moving, Elo walked over to the couch and took a seat, her face now buried in the palms of her hands. At that moment his words only sounded like mumbles to Elodie, it’s almost as if she didn’t hear a single word he said until she heard, “Please don’t leave me Elo.” ”What? You think…“ not moving, she only looked up at him, a mix of confusion and desperation on her face. Her hands slowly came down to her knees, unable to say anything else. Out of everything that was the last thing he was expecting to hear from her husband after everything she put him through. She should be the one worried, he should be the one leaving her, not the other way around. But… Okay… This was good… It was good, right? It meant he wasn’t mad at her just… Just whatever the hell this is.

”Do you really think I’d be here, trying to fix everything only to leave you in the end? Honey… No.“ Standing up but still keeping a distance, she quietly continued. ”I am so sorry I made you think like that. I can’t imagine a world where you’re not in it. You, our family is everything to me and I’m… I’m so… So sorry,“ taking a few steps towards him she gently took his hand again. ”I kno what I did is horrible and not a day goes by that I don’t regret it, but I can explain… Please… I was alone and then I… I went to my parents. Don’t be mad at them, they did nothing wrong, it was me who asked them to stay quiet because I… I didn’t know what to do. Those were the worst months of my life now please, please sit down so we can talk.“ Squeezing his hand, she wiped away a tear sliding down her cheek.

@benitz786 - sad

1 Like

{Cravings l 2029ish}

“Dori… wait Dori… more to the left… darling… right there… actually…a little more to the left… no fck… too far…more to the right. THERE. RIGHT THERE. DON’T BLOOD MOVE.” Jessica let out, unable to take her eyes off her boyfriend as sweat met his forehead.

NOW HOLD UP. Get your mind out of the gutter.

There’s an explanation for this.

AND NO, it’s not the explanation your thinking of. IT’S NOT. Promise. Not that that also hasn’t happened before but it’s just not what’s happening right now. You believe me right? It’s fine - I’ll PROVE it to you.

“That’s it. That right there.”

“You’re sure this time?,”

“I’m positive my love.”

“Once I get off Jess, I’m not getting back up. You’re stuck with this,”

“Wooooow is this getting hard for Mr. I-work-out 24 hours a day? And here I was thinking you were in shape. But yes darling, I’m sure.”

“Hey now - we both know I’m in shape and it’s not like you were complaining about my stamina last night. I’m just asking because you said I’m sure 20 minutes ago too and look where I am now,”

“Are you really bloody complaining darling? I said I could do it myself but nooooo.”

“You’re pregnant Jess,”

“Is that supposed to mean something?.”

“It means I’m not letting you get on a ladder with a 10-pound painting,”

“Oh shut up Dori, I’m not made of glass. Now get down here.”

After a few seconds, Jess wrapped her arms around Dori with a soft smile. “See, I told you that Ice Cream painting would draw the nursery together.”

That’s what they had been doing together for the last few hours - finishing up their dessert nursery for their little girl who would be joining them in a little less than 3 months. And yes - when Jess said dessert she meant it. Everything in the room was decorated in true dessert fashion - the bed being an ice cream sundae, the diaper changing station being a lil brownie cushion, and the closet door being shaped like a big caramel candy. How she convinced Dori to let her decorate like this? Who the bloody hell knows but she did and here they were.

“You know love… looking at all this… I’m actually craving some ice cream.” There was a cheeky smile on Jess’ lips as she looked at Dori who frowned, but sighed before placing a kiss on her lips. See, being pregnant and being with Dorian, Jessica had learned one thing for certain.

If Jess added the word craving to anything, Dorian would get it for her. And yes… she meant anything. This particular skill was heavily useful in the first few months of her pregnancy when she didn’t really have cravings, but she had the lovely ability to use craving and McDonalds in a sentence together to get Dori to bring her some food home when he was trying to get her to eat healthy for the baby. Look, if this was truly her child, the baby appreciated some fast food just as much as she did. Okay, Dori? OKAY.

Not that this skill wasn’t still useful - it was. But that being said, she did actually start having cravings which meant some… interesting combinations of food that she usually wouldn’t eat. Yes… sometimes those cravings meant asking Dorian to bring her some gag Broccoli home. That, and sometimes she couldn’t hold down AMAZING things like chocolate. No really. Jess ate a chocolate cake two nights ago and it ended up being thrown back up. How bloody rude.

Walking downstairs with Dori, Jess took a seat at the kitchen counter as Dorian grabbed the Ben and Jerries from the freezer. “Oh and this lil nugget also wants you to feed me,” “Oh, does she really?,” “100% yes she does. Trust me, I can understand her,” “Can you? What else does our daughter want then?” Jess grinned as Dorian walked over to her side, standing between her legs as he took a spoon full of ice cream and brought it to her mouth. “I’m glad you asked love. Nug would also love for you to buy some pizza for dinner tonight” “Oh, does she really?,” “Mmhmm and she’d like a Starbucks frappuccino for dessert” “Obviously, how could I not know that. What else?” “I’m glad you’re so interested. She also told me that she wants her dad to finally ask her mom to marry him before she’s known as a bloody mistress to the whole world. I mean, come on, love… nug thinks my ring finger is looking pretty bloody empty.” Jess watched as Dorian laughed, placing the ice cream down as he placed his hands on her back. “And our daughter told you that?,” “Mmhmm she said she’d like it done before she was born, please and thank you.” “Oh really. She sounds polite,” “She is. What can I say darling? It’s like a craving. She needs it…”

@astxrism

edit

2 Likes

May 9th, 1999

Adelaide Parker was absolutely, utterly exhausted. Why? Well, it seemed the only way Addie could have a long conversation with Miranda about the party was in the middle of the night while her lovely boyfriend had fallen asleep. Honestly, Addie was just lucky that Leo was so tired after driving that her sneaking off to the balcony didn’t wake him up. Usually, that man would wake up at every little movement - and her getting up from bed would have resulted in a where are you going or what’s wrong but not last night… which worked in her favor at the time.

Do you know what didn’t work in her favor? The fact that when she finally ended said call with Miranda and headed to bed to snuggle with Leo was almost the exact time that Leo had woken up. No… literally. Addie was FINALLY in bed, her head in Leo’s chest, and this close to falling asleep before the alarm rang and he woke her up because it was time to start moving again if they wanted to make the best use of daylight.

So.

Here she was - fighting sleep as she clutched the large cup of coffee that she had grabbed at the hotel breakfast. Actually, if we were being technical about it, this was her third large cup of coffee. Yep - she was truly running on caffeine at this point. Now… here’s the other thing you should know about Adelaide. Caffeine + her… well… it made her a little jumpy. And by a little - it was more like a lot. A little coffee she could handle - this much coffee was… well… let’s just say Addie was more talkative than usual. Mostly because in her mind - talking meant not being suspicious… but retrospectively, she probably looked extremely suspicious.

“So darling, do you want to play a game, I think we should play a game, let’s play a game okay? Are you okay with that? I think it’ll be fun - you know, an early road trip game it could be a good way to keep our minds stimulated and we can listen to music while we do that and…”

“Addie, how about we scale back on the coffee for now?” Addie watched as Leo grabbed the thermos out of her hand and placed it back in the cup holder.

“Me? Coffee? Nooo I bearly took a few sips. Honestly, it was like 2… maybe 4 sips max that’s it.”

"Riiiiiiighhht, and that’s why you’re jittering every two seconds?

“Am not.”

"Really? There was only a second pause before she heard a loud noise that made her quite literally jump out of her seat. THAT BASTARD PRESSED HIS HORN. Arse.

“That’s what I thought. So are you going to tell me why you’re so tired that you needed three cups of coffee?”

“I’m not tired, I’m wide awake. Wiiiiidee awake. I’m more awake than you. I could probably drive this car and get us to New York in half the time, my love.”

“I love you Addie, but you’re not driving this car while you’re basically on a caffeine high.”

“You’re just… rude… Mr. Azure. I don’t like your assumptions that I’m high on caffeine of all things.”

“It’s not an assumption. It’s an observation. You know, Addie, you can sleep while I drive. I know we woke up early.”

“I’m not even bloody tired love. You’re probably wayyyy more tired than I am. Way more. Let’s be honest with ourselves. .”

“Give it… 20 minutes. You’ll crash…”

“Not if you let me drink more coffee. You need the company come on…”

“Not a chance.”

And here’s the thing. He was right. She slept… or… more like crashed. For… like a whole 7 hours. Adelaide Parker had slept SEVEN HOURS. Do you bloody know how long that is? Extremely long. Like. It was 5 AM when they started driving, and 7 AM when she crashed, and now it was already bloody 2 PM and he hadn’t even woken her up. FOR FCKS SAKE.

Blinking, Addie woke up to the sound of the news on the radio. It took a second for her senses to return to her, and her eyes to adjust to the bright lights outside. Moving her head slightly, the time was the first thing she saw - mentally calling herself an idiot before turning towards Leo and placing her hand in his lap. “You didn’t wake me up” “You clearly needed the sleep.”

"but Leo… I was supposed to keep you company.

“Don’t worry, you were talking in your sleep. It was actually quite interesting when you started mumbling something about butterflies and aliens as political opponents.”

"I… I… I did not talk in my sleep don’t you dare lie to me you bastard.

“You sure about that? I actually would prefer if you went back to sleep so I could learn about what Scooby Doo did to Shaggy.”

"… you’re evil.

“And you make it too easy.”

Leaning over, Addie placed a kiss on Leo’s cheek before whispering “Thanks for letting me sleep in”, her hand automatically going to his as she pulled her phone out. And… well… apparently she had 7 missed calls from Miranda. SEVEN. Sht. How the hell was she supposed to return those?

“Your phone was ringing earlier.”

Sht. Sht Sht. Sht.

“I hope you don’t mind, I picked up so that I could let you sleep. I think it may have been a wrong number because no one responded though.”

"Yeah… it looks like it… Addie responded, attempting to seem calm. Poor Miranda… damn… she needed to call her back.

"Darling do you mind if we stop somewhere, I really need to go to the bathroom. Those three cups of coffee are catching up with me. Which, hell, wasn’t actually a lie. She did need to go to the bathroom… she also just needed to return Miranda’s call.

Which… is exactly why Addie spent 20 minutes in the bathroom when Leo stopped - a conversation that started with Miranda apologizing for calling so much since Leo picked up and was followed by a question about the what foods Leo liked.

“No no that’s… that works Miranda. I need to go, I think if I stay here any longer, Leo’s going to send someone here to grab me. Okay… yeah… yeah just… I’ll put my phone on silent so Leo doesn’t know and I’ll try to make an excuse to pull over okay? Just… If I pick up pretending like you’re Justin or something just go along with it okay? Yeah… perfect.”

In Addie’s mind… this… all of this was a great idea. And honestly, part of her still thought it was. It became less so, however, when Addie’s eyes were glued to her phone the entire time. Every call meant Addie asking to go to the bathroom, or asking to pull over because she needed some fresh air, or her picking up and talking to Justin and just saying yeah or no and making up a story to what Justin needed from her. It even resulted in her asking to see some stupid biggest ball of yarn which honestly would have actually been fascinating if Addie wasn’t on the phone the entire time.

Suffice to say, Leo seemed more quiet than usual when the two of them pulled into hotel for the night.

“I’m going to go take a shower.”

“And you’re not going to ask me to join you?.” There was a cheeky smile on Addie’s lips as she wrapped her arms around Leo’s body - though she moved her head towards her phone at the first buzz.

“Usually I would but it seems like you’re far more interested in what’s happening on your phone than you are spending time with me…”

“Leo… I’m not…”

“I’m not feeling like listening to yet another excuse tonight Addie. I’m going to go take a shower and then we can talk about this.”

Sht.

Yep.

Sht.

And how the hell was she supposed to get through a conversation with Leo about what was going on… well… ermm… lets just say she might have… faked sleeping to avoid that conversation. And yes… she did hear Leo’s sigh when he saw the stunt she just pulled… but nevertheless, she found him joining her in bed moments later and wrapping his arms around her before falling asleep.

May 10th, 1999

Yep.

Today was a sht day. Addie had stayed up with Leo’s arms wrapped around her - fighting sleep for the second night in a row… which since she had just woken up at two wasn’t… terrible. What was terrible was the way she had spent another 3 hours on the phone with Miranda… this time, however, Leo had walked out to the balcony.

“Who are you talking to?”

Those were the words that met her ears in the middle of the conversation she was having with Miranda about flower arrangements.

“My… my mother’s assistant. My little sister is having a coming out party soon and they needed my help with the arrangements.”

Was that an excuse? Again, yes. Was it a complete lie? Still technically no.

“And they needed to call you at 6 AM London time? Right because that makes sense.”

“Yes well… you’ve met my parents when they want something done they… want it done right away darling.”

“Why are you lying to me?.”

“I’m… not Leo.”

“Addie I knew your tell since the moment we started dating. Hell, since the moment you used me as a date to get into that fcking art gallery. I know when you’re not telling me the whole truth, and this is it. So what the hell has been on your mind for the past two days that you’ve been on your phone 24/7? Was this why you were tired yesterday too? You stayed up all night talking to whoever the hell calls you 10 times every couple of hours?”

“Leo… can’t you just trust me? There’s something I just need to deal with alone.”

“I do trust you Addie. I’m just a little annoyed that you don’t trust me… I thought we were past this after the whole arranged marriage ordeal but apparently we weren’t. You know what. Fine. Deal with this, and once you’re finally ready to tell me what this is, we’ll talk. I’m sleeping on the couch.”

“Leo… Leo…fck.” Addie mumbled, watching as he left her alone on the balcony.

Yep…

That’s how last night went. And well… this morning wasn’t any better. Addie had woken up alone in the bed, and Leo wasn’t even in the room. She had found him 20 minutes later reading the news downstairs at breakfast. Yeah… he hadn’t even woken her up. Joining the man, she received no greetings. “I grabbed you a cup of coffee, If today’s going to be a repeat of yesterday, I imagine you need it?”

“Leo…”

“We should get going soon. I’ll be upstairs getting our things ready. You finish up your coffee and breakfast and then we’ll leave.”

Suffice it to say… it wasn’t the best car ride after that. The morning was mostly filled with silence - with Adelaide attempting for a bit to lighten up the mood and only getting short responses for Leo. They weren’t… rude responses. They were simply curt… to the point. It was clear he was upset with her not explaining what happened but SHE COULDN’T LEO. Your bloody birthday is supposed to be a surprise.

Did Addie attempt to get a longer response out of Leo? Yes, yes she did. Did she try to test her limits and ask Leo to go check out that gift shop or take a short break and get something to eat? Yep - and he did. He did everything she wanted without arguing he just… didn’t act like himself and she knew why. He had told her why last night… he told her he would be waiting for her to talk to him.

She even attempted the old “I love you darling” placing her hand in his, and while he held it and said it back… she knew he was still peeved with her. So yeah… she had spent the last couple of hours in anxiety and boredom… but it was okay because Leo would understand when he went home and saw his surprise a few hours later. So what could she do besides fall asleep? Nothing… nothing really. Though Addie awoke from her slumber when she felt a soft shaking from Leo.

“Your phone is ringing, Addie. I’m guessing whoever is on the other line would rather talk to you than me - seeing as the last time I picked up, they just hung up…” A frown met her lips as she looked at Leo, before picking up her phone and sighing. “Hey I can’t talk right no… yeah… that’s fine… yeah… I’ll talk to you later… mmhm.” Addie muttered before hanging up, only to be met with Leo’s words.

“Was it your mom’s assistant again? I mean, I personally think it would be a little weird that they’re calling at 2 AM their time, but like you said, when your parents want something done, they want it done huh?” “Leo…”

“You can’t just say my name every time I’m right and you don’t have another excuse to use.”

“I’m not trying to use an excuse Leo, I just can’t tell you what I’m doing.”

“Fine.”

“You can’t be mad at me Leo come on.”

“I’m not mad.”

“You’re not mad? Really? You’ve basically been ignoring me all day?.”

“I haven’t been ignoring you.”

“Okay fine you haven’t technically been ignoring me but you haven’t really been there either…”

“Oh… that’s funny so I’ve basically been doing what you’ve been doing this whole trip? Being here but not really being here?”

“That’s not fair Leo”

“And how isn’t it fair?”

“Leo…”

“There you go with saying my name again.”

“No, Leo the…”

“It’s fine, Addie.”

“No, Leo you’re not listening to me. Your car hood is smoking.” And that it was. In the middle of their conversation, it seemed as if a puff of smoke started emitting from the car hood. Adelaide heard a curse from Leo’s lips as he pulled over to the side of the road and stopped the car engine. Getting to the front immediately and opening the hood to figure out what was going on. Addie exited from her side as well, walking next to him as he touched something, cursing and moving his hand away.

“Did you burn yourself? Sht.” Addie mumbled, grabbing his hand and blowing on it softly.

“It’s a new fcking car what the hell.”

“It’s okay Leo… we can call someone right?”

“Yeah… Just stay here. I stopped the engine so it should be okay if you want to sit inside…” She watched as Leo walked towards the car and grabbed his phone - walking a few feet away from her as he called someone. But… well… Addie simply found herself watching after him. After a few seconds, instead of going in the car, Addie took a seat on the car itself, laying down and looking at the stars. She didn’t know how long it was but she found Leo joining her soon after. “It’s going to take them about an hour to get out here, so we’ll just have to wait…”

Looking at him, Adelaide didn’t say anything before gently grabbing his hand and pulling her on the car alongside her. She maneuvered his arm so that it was wrapped around her, and she looked at burnt hand. “Are you okay? does it hurt love?”

“It’s fine Addie. Just a little burn…”

“I missed not having your arms around me last night.” Addie whispered after a few seconds before putting her head on his shoulder. He didn’t say anything but she knew he felt the same.

“I’ve been distracted because I was talking to a friend who’s a party planner and she needed help planning your birthday party you idiot…” Addie mumbled after a few seconds. She hated lying to him and she knew he wasn’t loving it either… which is exactly why she found herself mumbling the words.

“I’m an idiot aren’t I?”

“Yes, yes you are. It’s supposed to be a surprise so you better fcking act like you’re surprised tomorrow you arse.”

She didn’t have the chance to say anything else before she found his lips on her…

As terrible as that day was, it was better after that moment. Things took a turn in the best way… and at least now she knew that Leo wasn’t a surprise type of person.

@Littlefeets

edit

1 Like

AI alt miscs, part 1

In this alternate universe, Valerie and Daniel’s relationship had always been rocky. Despite their initial attraction and love for each other, they often found themselves fighting and struggling to see eye to eye on important issues. As time went on and their careers took off, the stress and pressure of their success only exacerbated their problems.

One day, after yet another heated argument, Valerie decided she had had enough. She packed her bags and moved out of their luxurious mansion, determined to start a new life without Daniel.

The divorce was messy and bitter, with both Valerie and Daniel vying for custody of their children. In the end, the courts decided that the twins, Lorelei and Eleanor, would stay with Valerie while Peter and Veronica would live with their father.

As the years passed, Valerie’s acting career soared while Daniel’s tech company faced numerous scandals and setbacks. Despite their shared history and love for their children, the once-happy couple found it difficult to coexist and often fought over custody and financial issues.

As the twins grew older and started to understand the complexities of their family dynamic, they struggled to come to terms with the fact that their parents would never have the happy ending they once dreamed of. Despite their best efforts to bridge the gap between their mother and father, Lorelei and Eleanor ultimately accepted that some things are simply not meant to be.

As the years went by, Valerie’s acting career continued to thrive and she became one of the biggest names in Hollywood. Despite the challenges of being a single mother to two young children, she worked hard to provide for Lorelei and Eleanor and give them the best life possible.

Daniel, on the other hand, struggled to maintain control of his tech company and eventually sold it off at a steep loss. He retreated into a life of luxury and excess, using his remaining wealth to indulge in lavish vacations and expensive hobbies.

Peter and Veronica, who lived with their father, struggled to adapt to their new lifestyle and often felt neglected and ignored by their busy and distant parent. They longed for the days when their family was whole and often wished their parents could put aside their differences and reunite.

As the twins entered their teenage years, they began to resent the constant bickering and arguing between their parents and often found themselves caught in the middle of their disputes. Despite their love for both of their parents, they couldn’t help but feel that their family would never truly be happy again.

As the years went on, Valerie and Daniel’s relationship remained strained and distant, and they eventually stopped speaking to each other altogether. Despite the love they once shared, their happy ending was nothing more than a distant memory.

But despite the challenges and struggles they faced, Valerie and Daniel were ultimately able to overcome their differences and find their way back to each other. After years of therapy and hard work, they were able to repair their relationship and build a new foundation of trust and understanding.

With their marriage back on track, Valerie and Daniel were able to provide a more stable and loving environment for their children. Peter and Veronica, who had struggled with the upheaval and uncertainty of their parents’ divorce, were able to thrive in this new environment and build stronger relationships with both of their parents.

Lorelei and Eleanor, who had always longed for their parents to be together, were overjoyed at the news of their reconciliation and were grateful to have a united and loving family once again.

As the years went on, Valerie and Daniel worked hard to maintain their relationship and support each other in their respective careers. They became a source of inspiration and strength for each other, and their love and commitment to each other only grew stronger with time.

In the end, Valerie and Daniel’s love story had a happy ending after all, and they lived happily ever after with their four wonderful children.

@benitz786 Dan😂
You opened a Pandora’s box here it ain’t ending

1 Like

{He missed his dad… okay, fine, we all missed dad l 2037ish}

“Da…da”

A soft yawn met Jess’ lips as she sat with Aidan in front of the flatscreen tv. Over the past few nights, this had become a nightly routine. Around 2 AM, Jessica’s one-and-a-half-year-old would start crying and quite literally the only thing that would calm him down was watching his dad on screen. Meaning, yes, Jess would play an old interview of Dorian on the sports channel, or Ellen, or something of the sort to calm Aidan until he fell asleep. So yeah, that had been her nightly routine for the past month and a half that Dorian had been gone playing different teams internationally. Mainly because he was trying to get a spot on the US World Cup team, though most sports channels said it was basically a given that Dorian would get on the shortlist for the team. Did that mean Dori was going to stop working his ass off? Nope and Jess would never expect him to.

Did that mean she didn’t miss him? God no. She missed the hell out of him, and so did this little munchkin who had just started walking two months before Dori left. Which, may seem out of context. The only issue in that statement was the fact that Aidan had grown used to holding his dad’s hand when he walked, meanniingggg… yep… Aidan was currently trying to grab the nonexistent TV hand every time Dorian came on screen. Did Jess try to take Dori’s role and hold Aidan’s hand and walk with him? Yes, yes she did - but APPARENTLY, she wasn’t a good replacement. That was quite bloody rude, but it’s fine kid. Mom gets all the cuddles so IT’S FINE.

Two other little girls missed their dad too - that much was clear when they would rush to the phone when Dori called on his break, though the timings were always off depending on what city he was in. What time was it even where he was right now? Right - far too damn late for her to even attempt a call. That didn’t stop Zoe and Shay from asking every few minutes if they could call their dad.

“DADAAA”

Jess watched as Aidan reached higher, clearly getting frustrated. After all, how dare virtual Dorian NOT hold his son’s hand? The gall of the man. With another yawn, Jess finally stood up, walking towards where her son was and swooping him up - attempting to distract him before he started crying from the frustration. “Daddy’s busy right now love. Butttt guess what we can do… we cannnn,” Jess started before throwing her son up into the air and catching him a second later - followed by tickling the boy. “Weeeee can have sooo much fun without him.” Jess finished, kissing her son on the cheek as she brought him to the couch and wrapped her arms around him - before laying her tired body on the couch and positioning her son so that he was sitting on her.

There was a smile on Aidan’s little lips before the boy yawned himself, cuddling against her body within a few seconds. Was this a fix to what would happen in a few hours? No - like clockwork, this little kid would be waking up in a few hours with his sisters begging to talk to their dad. You know what.

What the hell?

Maybe it was time to grant that wish.

It only took Jess a few hours to make a few arrangments - and boy was she exhausted. With a cup of coffee in hand and the morning paper in the other, Jess had somehow wrangled her sleepy kids into a plane currently headed to Switzerland where Dorian would be playing his next match. Shay was the only one who woke up at Jess’ nagging a few hours earlier - whereas the other two were too much in a sleep coma to understand why their crazy mom was dressing them in warm clothes when they were half asleep.

“Mommy wh.where are we go-wing?” Smiling at her 4- year-old, who seemed to be the first one awake, Jess placed her coffee down and picked her daughter up and onto her lap. “Guess darling,” Rubbing her eyes, Zoe perked up at the idea of playing a game and she responded almost immediately. “Dwisney Worlddd?” A soft laugh met Jess’ lips as she fixed her daughter’s bed-head hair. “Since when have we gotten on a plane to go to Disney, love?,” “Um…um… to Cwonsin Dwan’s house?” . “Although I’m sure he’d love to see you, no. Let me give you a hint.,” Grabbing a magazine that Jessica had picked up from the airport before boarding, she handed it to her daughter. A large picture of Dorian adorned the cover - something about being a sports rockstar or something. Honestly, Jess had only skimmed it - but she knew her daughter would appreciate it. “WERE GOWING TO SWEE DADDDY?” “Yep, we’re going to go surprise daddy. But we have to look pretty for Daddy right? So remind me, what do we do when we wake up?” "Bwush my teeth, eat breakfast, and and and then I can go plway. “You got it - so let’s go see who can get to the bathroom first okay? On the count of three and then we both race. Deal? Count with me. One, two…” “TWEEE.”

“Are we excited to see daddy?” Jess asked, looking at her kids as the driver pulled into the stadium. The answer? It was easily an astounding Yes as both Zoe and Shay were bouncing in their seats. Aidan didn’t exactly know what was going on, though at the mention of dad he did perk up and look around before snuggling back in Jess’ arms a few moments later realizing that their dad wasn’t there. Soon kid, soon. “Alright Darlings, remember - it’s a big stadium and we’re coming in after the game already started so we won’t be able to say hi to dad before it starts. We’ll have to wait until after. Zoe, do not let go of Shay’s hand. Shay, you don’t let go of Zoe okay?” Jess said, looking at Shay who nodded and grabbed Zoe’s hand immediately. Shay’s other hand went to her mom who would be holding Shay’s other hand. Aidan of course had it easy resting in his mom’s other arm.

And, a few seconds later - the four of them were off. Shay was doing a good job holding onto her excited little sister and Jess was leading the girls towards the special entrance for family. Within a few minutes, they were seated in what most would consider some of the best seats in the stadium. It was slightly raised so that they could watch the game and the players at a close distance. Though, far enough that no one could jump the stands and… I don’t know, hit the ref on the head for being an idiot. Good one Switz, you made a good stadium. Jess would give you that.

Annnyways - Shay, and Zoe had their little faces pressed against the gated stands, squealing every time they saw their dad, followed by the two jumping up and down and screaming to see if they could get the man’s attention which was a no because Dorian was far away and concentrating on a ball. Would Jess dare ruin their fun, however? God no. Instead, Jess stayed seated on the bench pointing towards Aidan’s dad so the little boy knew where he was.

She did this until halftime - when the buzzer rang for the 25-minute break the players were given, and dancers performed. “Dadadadada” Jess smiled, hearing the boy squeal looking up at the large projection of the players walking to the bench to grab water - one man, in particular, catching Aidan’s eye. Though, the screen was soon replaced by a kiss cam, for audience engagement. The first couple shown on the screen looked like teenagers in love, though clearly they were shy and shook their heads a few times before the girl finally kissed his cheek. The screen then moved to an older couple, who immediately gave each other the sweetest kiss. And, well, then Jess found herself on the screen with her son in her hands. A soft laugh met Jess’ lips as she pointed to the screen so that Aidan would see, waving his little arm before placing multiple soft kisses on his chubby cheek until the kiss cam went back to the first teenage couple - likely to mess with them.

Though, Jessica’s attention was brought away from the screen when she found a :sparkles: confused :sparkles: soccer player walking toward her section - clearly having just seen the large screen hovering on top of him with his wife and child having a grand time. Though at the louder squeal from her daughters screaming for their dad, she found him running instead until he was standing right under them. Oh… you thought she told her husband she was coming? How would it be a surprise if she told him?

A cheeky smile met Jess’s lips as she walked towards the cage, looking down to Dorian who looked back towards her with a how the hell are you here look. “Oh don’t bloody give me that look, these kids missed you darling.” Jess screamed down - watching as the girls were on their knees trying to reach for their dad who grabbed their hands from where he was. Jess turned towards Aidan before pointing down, “Look who it is Aidan,” And that’s all it took for the boy to squeal one of the only words he knew. If you couldn’t guess what those were - it was obviously dada.

“You are crazy Jess, I love you. Can you lower him down?” Jess gave him a skeptical look, but after a few seconds of the boy reaching for his dad, Jess carefully held the wiggling boy and lowered him down, meeting Dorian’s hands halfway who grabbed his son and smothered him in kisses. “ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO MAMA” Well, you had to expect that Dorian come oooonn. Jess sent him a look and after a confirmation from the man, Jess picked up Zoe before lowering her down too, and then Shay - who all got love and attention from their dad.

“You wanna jump, Jess?” Jess heard Dorian jokingly say, and after rolling her eyes she shook her head.

“Usually I would darling, but I had a huge breakfast and lunch… and second lunch… and I doubt you want me to throw up on you with all that exercise jumping requires.”

“I should have guessed, meet me down here in a bit?” She saw him asking as he nodded toward the player’s entrance.

With those words, Jess watched as he grabbed Aidan - saying something she couldn’t hear to their daughters - which resulted in all of them racing towards the field towards the goal. Soon, the overhead projection went to Dorian and their kids playing with a soccer ball for the rest of halftime - and honestly, Jess couldn’t take her eyes off of her family: Zoe and Shay kicking the ball into the net and Aidan tightly holding his dad’s hand as he attempted to do the same, a bright smile on his lips. It was… everything she could have ever wanted.

@astxrism
Edit: Fixing the images

1 Like

{ High schooler at a frat party meeting her future love | 1998 } pt.3

the lumineers - cleopatra

”Are- Are you alright?" First thing you would ask when you see someone crying, right? Yeah, probably. Some might just stay where they are because they don’t know what to do when a person is breaking down right in front of them and all they can do is ask that one simple and not very useful question. Right now that person was Elijah. What was he supposed to do? He met the girl an hour ago. ”Why did you hang up?! Don’t you see I need help?” With more tears rolling down her cheeks, Davina looked down at the very old phone this new friend of hers put back in his pocket. Kind of rude to say he’s gonna get help and then just not do it… This is probably the part where she’ll end up in the news for something bad bad that happened to her, maybe she really should’ve tried to hitchhike… We’ll just ignore how he asked if she was alright and actually looked concerned. Sometimes bad people pretend like that. ”There’s no service-" ”Useless…” She cut him off, her voice quiet, once again trying to stand up and… What? Walk back and get someone to drive her to the nearest hospital? Yes, that was the only option now. Sure, maybe it wasn’t that bad, it’ll just take a few days for her foot to heal and things will go back to normal. IT’S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD… Maybe not to someone else but to Davina? It was. How was she supposed to go to New York in a week in this state? This doesn’t happen to wannabe professional ballerinas just a week before their very important auditions.

a few months ago

With her backpack over one shoulder and clothes she stole from her sister, a newspaper in her hands, Davina rushed through the front door of her house looking for her parents. Why was she in a rush? Well, she finally figured out what she wanted to do after high school! She always knew what she wanted but didn’t know how. Until now. ”New York, New York, NEW YORK,” she kept repeating until she found her parents in the kitchen, completely confused with their daughter who looked a lil crazy at that moment. Dropping her stuff next to the dining table and taking a seat, Davina started turning the pages looking for the one which would explain everything. ”New York… I have to g- Wait… Look. I have to go,” of course this is the way you’d get some information back in the day, sure technology was starting to get better but there was nothing like the newspaper. You can’t really lift up a whole computer for your parents to look at what you wanted to show them, in that dramatic way Davina wanted to. ”Look!” So yes, she did basically shove that one page in their faces, a pleading look on her own face. ”Best academy. It says it’s the best one and I need to g-” ”That’s far away, are you s-” ”It’s the one AND LOOK - I can audition right before I graduate and… And I need this.”

back to Elijah and hurt Davina

”We’re almost in the middle of nowhere. It’s not really my fault you decided to wal-" ”I can’t believe this is happening. No, I’m dreaming. This is a bad dream, I’m fine and you don’t exist,” mumbling to herself and completely ignoring the guy and the pain, Davina tried to walk back from the direction they came only to be swept up into his arms. ”Sorry to break it to you but I’m real and you shouldn’t walk," this doesn’t happen that often so I can’t really tell you if her normal reaction would be to protest or to simply let him carry her and be a good girl. Now she decided to stay quiet and hope this ends soon and gets told that she really is fine and she’ll be able to dance. ”My life is ruined.” But of course now she has to let all the negative thoughts come over her. That’s how it goes - if something bad happens and you have something good coming up you truly believe your life is ruined. ”Now you’re just being a little dramatic-" ”No, you… Don’t understand,” yes, let her be a little dramatic, there’s nothing else she could do right now. A sigh left her lips, with her arms wrapped around Elijah’s neck, she let her head rest against his shoulder and let her eyes close, remaining silent until they reached the house they came from. Both stayed silent that whole time.

”Alrig- Here we g- Careful. You’re fine?" putting her down, he glanced between her and the house in front of them as if trying to figure out what their next move is. What was the best thing to do. ”You are, it’s nothing, you just need to… Rest? I’ll drive you home and you just take a few days off from coming to parties you’re not supposed to be at and you’ll be fine-" ”Home!?” Home? Really? Oh Elijah can’t you see she’s really hurt? ”Noo. No no, you have to take me to… To get this checked out. I live close to-” ”Hey heeey," his hands rested on her shoulders, a weak smile forming on his lips. ”You’re fine-" ”Please?” Now how do you say no to a girl that looks so desperate and sad? ”Wait here," breathing out Elijah turned to walk in and look for a friend that drove him there to borrow his car for a few hours.

To be continued

1 Like

Thump

Thump

Thump

The pain that was meeting his mind was numbing. It was as if his head was ripping apart in two - but that didn’t change the fact that standing in front of him was Sadie Monroe: The mother of his children… his beautiful children that he loved with his entire heart…just as much as he loved her. That was the thing - no matter what happened between them, that love would never fade. Perhaps it wasn’t the same type of love he felt towards Jezebel now, but it was still love and he would do everything for the woman in front of him.

For a second, Jordan simply stared at her - his hand on his head as he waited for his mind to quiet down. He needed it to quiet down to even begin to figure out what the heck was going on. Why was she repeating those words… why were they at this camp… and why was his head still pounding?

Thump

Thump

Thump

This was the first time they met? Wasn’t it?

Him and Sadie?

It had to be. If it wasn’t… the overwhelming deja vu that overcame him at this moment was wrong and that didn’t make sense either. It was everything about this moment in time… the smells… the conversations around them… the way Sadie looked at him with her worried eyes. Jordan knew this moment. It was a vivid memory that was burned into the back of his mind. He had even dedicated a speech on his wedding day about his kind and beautiful wife who was worried about his idiotic past self… a quality about her that made him fall for her again and again. And then there was an added joke about her being his perfect match - after all, she was the only person he had gotten on his Valentine’s match. Suffice it to say - there was nothing but love in his eyes for the girl in front of him. “What… what’s going on Sadie? How are we back here?” With those words, Jordan pointed around the two of them, at the camp.

There was an earthquake… and then he was here. Had he passed out? Did something hit his head during the earthquake… it would explain the headache that, thankfully, was subsiding. Oh god… Valerie. Was Valerie okay? He had his body over her trying to protect her. Was… was his wife okay. Oh please let them be okay. If it was a choice between him getting hurt and anyone else in that room getting hurt - Jordan would dive head first into the deep end.

The headache had to mean he was alive though, right? It had to be… nothing else made sense. So… he hit his head because of the earthquake and now he was reliving this memory? Why? What about today made his mind come here out of everything he could have been thinking about?

As confused as Jordan was - it was clear that the girl standing in front of him was far more confused. Perhaps it was because this Jordan knew her name? Perhaps it was because he was asking questions that didn’t exactly make sense - after all, a younger Jordan knew what was happening… a younger Jordan knew how he received the bloody knuckle… a younger Jordan felt ever so guilty about hurting Mikel… and he felt a growing pit in his stomach about upsetting Jezebel. However, at this point… none of that really made sense to this Jordan. Did he remember this day? Vaguely… yes vaguely, it had been two decades since this moment and not everyone had a Parker memory. Parts he remembered well… like his first meeting with his wife… and a dance he shared with her. Other parts… well… no one could blame him that his memory was failing him.

"Did you… I didn’t really see the entire fight but do you need me to call the nurse? I don’t… if you hit your head that wouldn’t be good… or… I can… I could show you where the bathroom is. If you wanted to…… clean it, or something.”

Fight. Right… right… that makes sense. Fight. If this was truly his memory and he had come back to the moment he met Sadie, he had just fought with Mikel over something… what exactly was slipping his mind… something about Jezebel… but Jordan did remember a flash of punching Mikel.

No.

That was a lie. NONE OF THIS REALLY MADE SENSE. At this point, though, Jordan was hoping his conclusion about being passed out was correct. And if that was correct, maybe to wake up he just needed to figure out why his mind brought him here, to this very moment. Maybe he just had to let this memory play out and he’d wake up. After a few seconds of his mind… simply pacing… he finally looked down at his hand where Sadie was pointing. There Jordan noticed blood dripping from his fingers. Why did it all feel so real? If it was a memory wasn’t pain supposed to be irrelevant? Well… clearly with that pulsating headache from earlier, that wasn’t true. Jordan could feel the pin pricks of pain around his hand… but honestly had ignored it until he found himself looking at it.

Alright well… let’s just… do things like I did last time… and maybe I’ll figure out how to wake up.

“Y…yeah I would appreciate that” Jordan noted after a few seconds too long. “The bathroom I mean,” he continued with a soft smile, letting her lead the way. Right… now how did this conversation go again? They were talking about something… and then she fell… no… she tripped on something right?

Right.

But how did that conversation go again? Damn it… he couldn’t remember. “Um…h…how did you know my name by the way?”

Oh… that definitely wasn’t a part of their conversation last time.

“I…Dorian actually mentioned you before.” Sorry Dori, but from Jordan’s vague recall - one thing he did remember was the fact that Sadie and Dorian had a thing around this time after she was his prom date meaning that it was probably the best excuse he could come up with at the moment. At the mention of his name, Jordan watched as the girl turned her eyes toward where Dorian was standing. Following her line of sight, Jordan found Emily’s arms wrapped around Dorian’s neck. He remembered this…ish… this was the reason she was distracted the first time. However, Jordan remembered this in a different order. First Sadie tripped and then Jordan saw the reason why.

“He did, wh-?”

Wait.

Sadie tripped. WAIT.

“Sadie ROOT,” Jordan stated quickly - almost missing his cue, though grabbing her body in the nick of time so that she didn’t hurt herself. He found her jumping away from his touch seconds later - which honestly he didn’t remember her doing the first time but perhaps his memory was worse than he could recall. There was a deep red blush on her cheeks as she quickly moved. “Are you okay?” Well, that question was natural. Perhaps he didn’t remember his exact words but he knew what his current self wanted to know.

Oh yeah, there it is… Yeah, I’m fine. Sorry about that. No, I mean thank you, for- but also sorry… for doing th-… the bathroom? Yeah, still this way,”

Jordan found her quickly turning away from him after answering his question - walking at a quickened pace. You know… he forgot how adorable Sadie used to be. Not that she wasn’t still adorable… but he forgot this. How she used to be so unconfident in herself… how she used to say sorry for every little thing. “Trust me, Sadie… you don’t need to apologize… honestly, I just appreciate your help.” Jordan added with a soft smile as he continued to follow her. Was this the moment when he… basically hyped her up about talking to Dori? Was it? He remembered there was a moment on this trip when he told her to go for it and tell Dori how she felt… but now knowing where the night would end up, Jordan also knew Dorian’s mind was… or at least would be on someone else. So… was there a point in getting her hopes up over Dorian? Maybe not… maybe he could not… give her unsolicited advice like he did last time. Though… if this was a memory, he was sure no matter what he said, things would end up as they did. But that didn’t mean he would be the one to initiate it. “I’m… Jordan by the way. I don’t think I introduced myself before taking you up on your generous offer,” Jordan stated as the two arrived at the bathroom. He moved his hand under the facet and a soft groan left his lips. Yep… he could feel the pain in his hand… almost as if he was actually here in the moment.

“I know… not… like I know I know but I’ve… heard you know? I mean you’re Jordan… who in this school hasn’t?”

Pulling his hand after a few seconds of running it under the warm water, Jordan grabbed a tissue and wiped his hands. “Here’s hoping you know me for the… better reasons and not for the fact that I just got in a fight… trust me that’s not usually what I’m like,” Jordan revealed, as he started walking back with her. “I just… knew Mikel before… and I didn’t exactly know him in the best light when I was younger so hearing him on the bus and the things he said against people I care about… I guess it just brought out a side of me I hope didn’t… exist… clearly I was wrong. ,” Joran noted - telling the girl the truth. Maybe he didn’t remember exactly what Mikel had said to him - but he knew it was something that didn’t sit right with him in the moment. Though, honestly, over the years Jordan had also realized many things about himself… and made more than his fair share of mistakes… and maybe this moment was just another one on his long list. Another moment he’d always regret was the fact that he hurt her… Sadie… and that was something he would never truly be able to take back. However, it didn’t mean he wouldn’t regret it.

“That’s not- you shouldn’t be… ashamed about that… know that it’s probably… hard to believe, and… what do I know, right? But it was out of care for other people, and…I don’t know.”

A gentle laugh escaped his lips as the two joined a group filled with Elo, Dori, and Val. “I really do… appreciate this Sadie… appreciate you always being so kind…” Jordan let out with a smile - though, for the second time he found confusion meeting her eyes. Oh… sht he said always being… right… he didn’t know her. He was going to say something… though they both found themselves distracted by another noise - one being Elodie slapping her brother.

Right… Elo and Dori had that fight on this trip. “I-I’m sorry, I’m going to…" , Jordan turned towards Sadie with a nod and a smile - watching as she screamed after Dori who walked away - soon leaving him alone with Valerie. And… this is where his memory of the day got even more fuzzy.

To be continued… (mostly because there was a timeskip to the t or d which will be in part 2)

@novella

2 Likes

Andy wasn’t even doing much, he was chilling out with a friend when something they said, I’m not even sure what it was, but it just sort of flipped a switch in Andy.

”I- have to go. Sorry.” Andy said suddenly as he got up basically out of nowhere ”but it’s your house dude where are you going?” his friend asked confused as Andy basically got up and went to leave the house out of the blue ”ill explain later” he said and headed off.

You must be asking yourself where the hell was he even going? Well. Apparently he was on a flight to Londoner not too long after, and surprisingly it wasn’t for a pierce.

Andy could sense Kalie didn’t want him in her life, but Josiah was his son, he was sure of it inside his heart, everything connected it just made sense.
He just assumed that probably lying to her husband about the paternity of the kid is just so much more convenient than starting a whole family scandal, but who knows?

It has been quite a while since the last time he had seen Josie, but something in him made him get up, get on a plane and go see him. Probably it was the unshakable feeling that he failed as a parent considering Kaspian and Josiah were both his sons but living without his presence in their lives. Not that it was something that he wanted, on the contrary, he wished to be in their lives, for years before he wondered what could it have been like if Ziah was still alive and they had another kid, but turns out he already had another kid and even two, but he just found out about it now when it’s (hopefully just almost ) too late.

Standing in front of a door, Andy stopped for a second before knocking. “What the bloody hell are you doing here” the woman at the door answered in a im not really happy to see you tone to her voice which we do not appreciate alright.
”we need to talk” he said, his tone serious as he stood there in front of her. “I have absolutely nothing to talk to you about” she replied, coldly dismissing him. “Is that so? So I suppose you wouldn’t mind if i go with Josiah and your husband to get a dna test would you? Because clearly you have nothing to hide” he asked impatiently, crossing his arms and slightly raising his brows, looking at her as he spoke. “Bloody… fck m. Not in public. Sht.” She responded unpleasantly surprised and ushered him inside, leading him to an office, closing the door behind them.

“What do you bloody want Andy?” she asked, but come on you know exactly what he wants, don’t you Kalie? You’d expected a Parker to be smart but sometimes they’re just as dumb as they get. “I want to be in my son’s life. He’s mine too you can’t just keep him away from me like I don’t exist.” he said, taking a seat in her office. You haven’t existed to him for the last three years so I think your son is doing just fine. He has a father that loves him, darling. You’re really going to uproot that child’s world for what? 15 minutes of fun playing hide and seek?

“Well that wasn’t really my choice was it? And beside, Nobody said anything about uprooting the child’s world, I’m not here to ruin your sham of a marriage I’m just trying to be there as much as I can for my own son who’s existence was hidden from me for the past three years, is that really so much to ask?” what did he ask for? Just the chance to be a good thing in at least one of his children’s lives besides kaya, trust me, it’s not too much to ask. “Yes it really fcking is… what do you want to stay away? Money? A concert deal?” Andy subtly rolled his eyes with a frustrated sigh at her response, she really is a Parker isn’t she? It just shows. “I stay away and what? You go on and send him to a fancy private boarding school or some other bs because handling a child is too much of a nuisance to your pretty little perfect life? Don’t play like you actually care, you just don’t want a family scandal. Should have thought about it before you fcked a stranger while being engaged. I have the right to be in his life.” maybe that was a little bit of a low blow, but he didn’t say anything that wasn’t true. He knew exactly how these types of people go, Josie wasn’t up for a happy life, he was directed straight to a path that makes a void in his heart that the only way he knows how to fill it is money and materialistic sht, was that really the life she wanted for him?

“A fancy private school or something is going to set my child up for life, darling. And you’re right, I don’t want a fcking scandal so what the bloody hell do I have to agree to so that I can get you the hell out of my house? Monthly visitation? I’ll have my lawyers draft something up. Now leave.” she replied, at this point just trying to get him out of her house with as little problems as possible. Andy got up as she spoke and went to stand by a nearby window, taking a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it “Nobody gets set for life in private school you just grow to have trust and abandonment issues because you only see your family like three times a year. Is that really want you want for him?” he asked, looking at her as he took another drag of the cigarette in his hand. “Yes, it is. You wouldn’t understand, but a good school is a good school and he’ll be grateful in the future”

I wouldn’t understand? Why? Because I’m not as good as you? He’ll be grateful yeah maybe, but not to you, he’ll be grateful to his teachers who actually tried, instead of going with the easy way out and letting him go and be someone else’s problem instead of his family” he argued, kept trying even though she wasn’t going along, but he knew he was right and was doing the best he could for Josiah, and that’s what moved him to keep going. “You’re getting off topic. You want to see your son? Fine. You can see him - I’ll send you what I need to send you and now I need you to leave. What else do you bloody want?”

“I want you not to send him to a boarding school. Promise me that and I’ll leave.” he said, giving her an ultimatum as clearly that was the only way to go. “What the fck do you mean. Andy you don’t get to decide whether or not he goes to boarding school. My husband and I are far too busy to keep toddler in the estate. He’s going.” Surprising? Not at all. “In that case, why not send him to live with me? I have more than enough time and will to take care of him. And he can get all the fancy private education you want, with a home to go to after school” Andy suggested, he had been a single dad for over ten years, he knew exactly how to care for a child, why send him to boarding school when he can come be with his actual family? Or at least the other side of his family.
“… and you’ll leave? Keep this entire thing… to your bloody self? He’ll still need to in a private school of course… and you will keep him out of sight.” she replied, finally caving in to the idea

“Sounds good to me” Andy responded, turning off his cigarette with a light winning smirk on his face as he finally managed to get what he came there for in the first place, a chance to be the father Josie didn’t even know he needed. “Okay. Now leave.” she then added, rushing him out again. “Alright, as a man of my word, I’ll leave now. I’m not your enemy Kalie, remember that.” he finished, turning to leave. As he left the house and found himself back out in the middle of london, Andy stopped for a moment taking a breath, and just couldn’t help it and let out a genuinely happy smile to himself, this was just a start of something amazing. Trust the process.

to be continued…

@benitz786 Kalie

2 Likes