Blue Royalty: New Blood

Luna answered by saying slice of life which wasn’t what he was expecting. He was expecting her to say comedy, horror or something like that. Something that would give a little more insight into her personality, but she seemed even more closed off than before. Elijah wasn’t good with handling things like this so he didn’t want to make anything awkward by asking what was wrong just yet. He wanted to lighten the mood with questions but it didn’t seem to be happening. She still seemed…sad, and she didn’t ask him the next question either. “Uh. Yeah…slice of life is a classic. cleats throat so… what would be your career choice in the future. You seem to like reading a lot so are you leaning towards writing?” Okay, that was a weird assumption. Just because someone reads doesn’t mean they want to be a writer but that was something he thought Luna would do based on her personality.

@Kristi - Luna

1 Like

“Something like that,” She answered as if she was staring into to space. She did want to become an author, study literature, learn Latin and greek and move to Italy. She loved the pictures of the architecture there. She also wanted to write some of her books using a quill and then photocopying it. The answer to the question was more than ‘something like that’ She did want to be an author surrounded by the smell of old books- which she would use as a reference, rain that would calm her down and coffee. She wanted to leave as far away as possible from her step siblings. “Would You Rather Someone Always Tell The Truth Or Protect Your Feelings?” She asked as she was reminded of a question she saw on the net. For her it was a mixture of both, at times she wanted to be lied to and be locked somewhere were she would never hear the truth, and at other times she wanted the brutal truth.

@Kbail

1 Like

“Something like that.”

Elijah wondered what she meant by that. Did she want to be a journalist instead of a novel writer? Or did it have to do with writing small things for others and being a ghost writer? He didn’t know. Before he could ask her, she asked a question.

“Would You Rather Someone Always Tell The Truth Or Protect Your Feelings?”

That question seemed deep compared to the ones they were asking each other earlier. Maybe, perhaps, she was asking him something that had to do with her current feelings. That was always something he saw in the movies. The friend would be like “hypothetically.” And it would be something about them. Maybe it was about…what he said to her about prom? “I would want someone to always tell the truth because if they lie to me, well, I will never know the truth. Not knowing the truth bothers me.” It was true. That’s why he always wanted to be as honest with people as possible. “Do you think there’s ever a good time to lie?” He asked curiously.

@Kristi

1 Like

Luna looked up into his eyes “Yes.” She answered, I do think that at times… we deserve to be lied to." She added turning her face away from his eyes. “Like for example, when a friend asked another friend on a date- a erm friendly date and the friend d-doesn’t want to go with the other friend because they’ll be embarrassed to be seen with them…instead of asking them questions that might rise insecurity, they should just lie and tell them their busy.” She paused, “I’m umm using an example I saw in a book.” She hoped he wouldn’t have caught on that she was talking about them, but then again, that was too close to what had happened, so he must have. Hmmm, " If You Had To Be Trapped On A Desert Island With One Friend, Who Would You Choose?" She asked and again she was staring absentmindedly at a book. It was a common question people normally asked, ‘who would you want to be stuck with if you’re trapped on a desert island?’ or ‘what would you bring with you if you were stuck in one?’

@Kbail

1 Like

“Sorry, wanted to get some shopping done,” Laina responded. She glanced up and down at Ari’s clothes. “Did you bring a swimsuit for the beach party?”

1 Like

“Did you bring a swimsuit for the beach party? Ari stared at her incredulously, like she had just told her that she had went to the hospital to scare the new born babies- although that did seem like a fun activity. She sighed, she didn’t blame Laina for her stupidity, Ari blamed herself and her inability to find profound friends. Friends who wouldn’t ask her questions like that- did you bring a swimsuit? No, obviously she planned to skinny dip, of course she had brought her swimsuit. Haven’t people heard of swimsuits under clothes? Ari didn’t blame herself anymore, she blamed the universe like she always did. After all was it not the universe that put stupid people on this planet in order to test her anger management skills? She had to choose people that had a little par of sense as her friends, since other people seem to be lacking it. “Laina.” She paused, releasing air. Although, Laina was her ‘favorite’ friend- apart from her cousin of course. She was the most annoying one- “Why would I not bring a swimsuit to a beach party?”

@banana

i hate the way i’m writing Ari, she doesn’t feel Ari-ish enough :confused:

1 Like

Laurel shook her head in response to Mateo’s statement of certainty that one day she would say yes, and let out a chuckle at him calling her Laurel Parker the third. “Yeah, right” Laurel doubted that it was true. Was it really possible that she’d ever stay in a relationship without pushing the other person away long enough? Even if she did, would she even have it in her to say yes? Or would she just run, like she always does. “and the third? Are there two other Laurel Parker’s you know?” she followed up with, part of her attempting to keep up with at least some of the lighthearted manner. Though, that was difficult when he wasn’t making the escape plan any easier. The only option she had was to literally shove paper in his mouth to shut him up until they could get in her car. Once they were in the car and Laurel started driving, Mateo asked which bar they would be going to, and if Laurel was being honest, she hadn’t gotten that far in planning. She had been thinking about how to break Mateo out of the school and not which bar to get drinks from. Laurel shrugged slightly as she drove away from the school. “I was just thinking whichever one we got to first, but you can pick.” she said, not really wanting to have to put in the effort to make that decision when she didn’t care that much about where she started her drinking endeavors for the night, well night and afternoon, and they were at their destination shortly after.

@benitz786

1 Like

Let me just say he was damn happy she didn’t break the guitar, but let’s just go on with the situation, can party later, still need to deal with a Phoebe.

So she went silent for a while, and after that she just said it, making his eyes widen at her words. ”If you decide you’re feeling generous, just tell her our sister is in the hospital.”. Frankly, JP couldn’t care less about Phoebe, there were days in the past when that statement wasn’t true, but now? Now Phoebe was basically nothing to him, so she can go on and do whatever she wanted and he couldn’t care less. but, on the other hand the other sister did nothing to him, and unlike popular belief, he actually cared about Amelia and she had the right to know.

A subtle smile and a head shake escaped his features as she commented about the poison in the fridge, looking away from the girl as she spoke some other stuff and headed to the door. ”i’ll tell her” he finally said, turning to glance at the girl by the door ”hope your sister’s okay”

@astxrism Phoebe

1 Like

“Like I said, days we’d rather not remember.” They said with a lopsided smile and a small shrug. “The tattoos were my idea. A way for us to take back some of the power these days had over us.” They explained, setting their coffee down on the table and picking up the pastry they had bought, taking a bite of it. “Do you have any other siblings or just your sister?” They asked him, out of curiosity.

@Ouijaloveletters - Tyler

1 Like

Tyler nodded slowly. He understood. “Right, that’s honestly a great idea. It shows you can rise above it.”He closed his eyes for a second, opening them. “How’s the pastry. Good huh?” Tyler picked up his own pastry, taking a bite. Tyler shook his head when Athena asked if he had more siblings. “Nope. Just Mia. I’m the older, though. By 20 minutes. Do you have any siblings?”
@Caticorn - Athena

1 Like

Luna answered by saying there are cases where its fine to lie to someone, to which Elijah held back the urge to let out a deep breath. Some of his friends would say the same thing and he never could understand why. Wouldn’t it hurt to never know the truth? But he was interested in hearing her reasoning. Then, she used a hypothetical situation as an example which was classic. They always used but what if the truth hurts the imaginary friends feelings? While listening to this hypothetical situation it started sounding…very similar to what just happened. “The friendly date” and “asking questions.” A hardly noticeable frown appeared on his face. Of course she decided to mention the fact that she found it in a book, when that wasn’t necessary to say. Usually he would brush things off like this because he didn’t want to be wrong. But maybe she didn’t want to be straightforward and say how she felt which is understandable. Because she was afraid? but Elijah wasn’t going to either. “…I think that lying to the friend saying you’re busy is way worse. I mean think about it. You’re friends for a reason. You should just be honest with them. And let’s just imagine if the friend one day sees on Instagram that they were just sitting at home. That would hurt even more.” He was starting to think he should have just done that in the beginning because maybe it wouldn’t have hurt her feelings. “-but was the insecurity that came from the questions purposely done or was that just how the other person felt? It depends on if the person meant to hurt the other person feelings or not.” He shrugged his shoulders trying to look into her eyes to see some kind of emotion but she was avoiding looking at him. " If You Had To Be Trapped On A Desert Island With One Friend, Who Would You Choose?" She asked next. “I would choose…my friend Drew. Just because he always seems to know how to make weird stuff that would help us survive…” He answered. There was a long pause before he asked the next question. “If you could take three things with you on a deserted island, what would they be?”

@Kristi

1 Like

niko tanaka

“I know it’s fun, but he gets enough of it from me and Mizuki.” They told her in their brother’s defence. “However, his birthday is definitely fair game.” They agreed, laughing, which caused their brother to look at them with a look of playful betrayal. “Hey! Who’s side are you on?” He challenged, furrowing his eyebrows. “My own.” They responded, smirking.

However, as Cleo began to continue the discussion of Niko’s future choices, they bit the inside of their cheek to stop themself from reacting. When she stopped herself in the middle of her sentence, Niko looked her dead in the eyes, as if they were daring her to finish the sentence even though they could already infer what it was. “My father’s work will not come to an end.” They told her but luckily, Cleo’s mother appeared in the doorway before they could respond. “Hello, Mrs. Astor-Burton.” Niko greeted her, both them and Sato slightly bowing their heads as they greeted her, a habit they had picked up from their parents. When she mentioned Cleo’s other friends being bad influences, Niko bit the inside of their cheek to stop themself from smiling. They knew that both they and their brother weren’t exactly good influences. “I will make sure to tell her that.” They responded as she moved on, telling them to say hello to their mother before speaking to Cleo in French.

When she offered for them to stay for lunch, Niko first looked over to their brother and once he gave an indication that he was okay to stay, they nodded. “I’m sure our parents won’t mind if we stay a little longer, but I should probably give them a quick call just to check in on my daughter.” They answered her. Due to their job, they were no stranger to having to leave Yua with their parents for long periods of time but they would always call to talk to her during their lunch and breaks.

@Kristi - Cleo

1 Like

“WELL well obviously the third because you have your mom and um… your dad. So 1 +1 +1 = 3 meaning you’re the third, obviously.” Mateo responded with a cheeky smile as he pulled the girl in front of him close for a tight hug. Mateo was a hugger… could you blame him?

Okay okay okay, so it’s been kinda a great day. Kinda being the operative word because he did still spend the last 40 minutes in detention writing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over annnnnd over and over and over and over and over and over and over… did I say over… and over and over and over and over and oh, did I mention over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and also over and over and over and over and under lol jk not under, and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ANNNNNNND OVER… was that 221 times? Probably, well THAT WAS HOW MANY TIMES MATEO HAD TO WRITE THAT. So at least, now you can seeeeee a glimpse of the pain that he was in. Like, my god Dean Klein what kind of medieval torture device are you using? Writing? Huh? WHO USED A PENCIL AND PAPER ANYMORE? THAT WAS OLD PEOPLE STUFF. Where did he even find paper? EVEEEERyyyyOneeeee uses phones, and laptops, and watches, and those holographic Parker industry glasses that let you see the person you were talking. THANK YOU to Laurel’s uncle for that one… and VC’s dad but VC’s dad didn’t realllllyyyyy like Mateo, so we refer to him as Laurel’s uncle eitherrrr way, kinda cool. OHH off topic, but remember that one time Laurel took Mateo to the Parker house and he leaned against a wall and it opened up to a hidden room that lead to a water slide? WHY WASN’T THAT AT HIS HOUSE HUH? HUH? Rude. Okay sorry sorry sorry back to the main point. Laurel, yes her. Oh… she’s looking at… well she’s been looking at Mateo. What was he doing… oh yeah… humming loudly as she dragged him out to her car. Oops. WE NEEDED THINKING MUSIC LAUREL, BE KIND. But was she? Kind? No. NO SHE STUFFED PAPER IN HIS MOUTH. THE SAME PAPER HE WAS WRITING ON AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND okay we’re not doing this right now. You know what Matty means. All that work just to be stuffed into his mouth…. Great…. THANK YOU LAUREL. Even if you accepted marriage, this was totallllyyy grounds for divorce.

Here’s the thing though, Matty didn’t make ANnnnnny effort to take the paper out of his mouth. No sir, rather, he kept humming despite the paper being in there and didn’t stop until they were in the car and SHE took the paper out. Honestly, after the first few seconds, it wasn’t realllly a bother any more but nevertheless, the slobbered paper was now sitting on his lap which prompted him to ask Laurel where they were headed. She was already driving when she shrugged and told him to pick, to which he had to take a looong moment to think about. Picking places was HARD okay. They could go to El Nino, but the last time he was in there, he was thrown out . Unfair – so what if he accidentally hit on the wife of the owner. Tis was an accident okay. SHE DIDN’T HAVE A RING ON

Annnyways they could go to The Rooftop Bar which always had a prettyyyy view but then there were alllll those tourists taking those Instagram photos so noooooo. HmmmMMmmm.

“How abouuuuuuuttt Below Hell? I always liked that place. It’s suchhhh hmmmm homey and warm vibes,” Mateo responded, picking a bar he had been to a couple of times. Almost all of their drinks were on fire and there was just something soooOoo pretty about that. With that said, He laid his head on Laurel’s shoulder as she drove the two, and the man found his fingers messing with her phone that was connected to the stereo – listening to the song for 20 seconds, singing with it, before skipping because he got booored. “So why are we drinking sooo early future wifey?” he questioned with a small pout.

@littlefeets

1 Like

Immediately, he raised his eyebrows at the start of a thank you coming from Annie William’s lips. Yes, you heard him right. Annie Williams and Thank You were, indeed, in the same sentence. Or… well more like thank yo- because much like her apology, she did seem to catch herself awful quickly, blaming whatever drugs she was on for the clear slip up. Though it was interesting, and honestly, he didn’t hate it. Enrique Montoya appreciated the casual thanks from his friends… okay well if she was a friend. Who the hell knew what Annie even was to Enrique and vise versa. “I have absolulty no idea what they gave you, but when you find out can we get some extra? Honestly, I wouldn’t mind hearing that again,” he added with a soft smile, attempting to lighten the mood which… well…. Was difficult considering the situation they were in.

It was odd that Enrique was interested in the… probably… only other student at Cerulean High that was dealing with the same amount… or even more…family issues as he was. While Ricky felt fcked over by the fact that he was lied to his entire life and likely not even wanted by those he called his siblings and parents, Annie was dealing with another issue – the fact that she was related to Paige Pierce which was an interesting proposition in itself. Though, while Annie was adopted… at LEAST knew that. They were in different, yet similar circumstances and he almost found… a strange sense of comfort in that. Was that a little fcked up? Maybe, especially since the girl had somehow been involved in her father’s hospitalization…. But at the end of the day, today wasn’t about him. He was actually thinking about someone else when he came to the hospital that morning and… well the last day and a half a statement had been released that she was in there.

Maybe there was a benefit in being… raised by people who, albeit in the spotlight, it never involved him and his… former brothers and sister. His mom may have been the Secretary of War, but paparazzi only ever bothered her. Annie, however, clearly seemed to have experience with… this. Fcking harassment, if you asked Enrique. What right did these assh0les have in waiting at a HOSPITAL to ask her that question right when she woke up? That was rhetorical, but the answer is clearly none. A small moment… that’s all he had with Annie before it was disrupted by those vultures who subsequently cut her words off. Ricky… what? Ricky…. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to come see me? No? Well, a man could hope even though one thanks seemed to be a lot for her to handle. Well, maybe he’d figure out what she was going to say later. It was with the paparazzi’s sentiment of the attack being purposeful that he knew he had to step in at take Annie away before she said something she’d regret. Sure, Ricky had never had to deal with the limelight besides a handful of times that he was with friends, but he did know that words were important. Hell, just take the Miranda Rights his… adoptive father always said with the everything you have to say can and will be used against you and use it as an indication to shut the hell up. So yes, he picked her up and ran away.

He was expecting a rude remark… really anything after letting her down, but the first thing she said was simply questioning something the idiots had said while harassing her. [color=darkseagreen] “Those idiots are just looking for a story, Williams, it doesn’t mean they believe the sht they’re asking. Daughter purposefully puts dad in a coma is sadly more click baity then *Jordan and Annie Williams hospitalized” So no, Annie…” he started, using her first name this time as he took a step closer to her. “… no one that matters, blames you.”

Though, her words were soon followed with her pointed remark at her concussion to which he sighed. He didn’t even say anything before wrapping his arms around her and hugging the girl. Almost a sigh of relief leaving his lips as he held her. Maybe he cared more than he originally thought about her being okay…. Okay he definitely did. “We can always go back to your hospital room that you clearly are supposed to be in right now, but I can tell you right now, medicine isn’t going to fix the concussion headache,” he stated – with certainty as he had many concussions in his life. Though, she still did need to be in a hospital for that concussion depending on how bad it was. With that, he gently pulled away, “Why don’t we get you back there? I’m sure by now they’re going to call a code… whatever… for wandering patient showing her ass to the word,” he finished, attempting to make her smile… even if only for a moment.

@novella

2 Likes

“True, but how would the friend know if they don’t have Instagram?” She sighed running a hand through her white hair. “Either that or the person could have told the other that they already asked someone to go with them.” Sure that would have made her go ‘ouch’ but at least it would have hurt less and the embarrassment would have been less. She doesn’t understand why Elijah couldn’t get it see where she- cough the friend who asked the other friend out on a ‘friendly’ date possible point of view. There where two possible ways that the other friend could have rejected the other friend’s friendly date prom proposal, there were other ways he could have rejected her (friendly date proposal of course) that would have hurt less more. “But what if the other friend didn’t know the friend they asked to go to prom didn’t mean to hurt their feelings? W-what, w-what if the other friend said something insensitive?” Isn’t there someone you like that you could go with Call her dramatic, but she doesn’t think she would ever be able to forget this words. When she gets married- if she does, to a man, woman, enby or whoever she was sure she was going to think of what her dear old friend had said and how it had hurt her.

He didn’t mean to hurt her, that she knows, but he was just too- she couldn’t explain it but he was just too that. Insensitive? speaking without thinking? Sometimes she wondered… why did she even start crushing on him? When did it begin? And why didn’t it stop, her time in dudes weren’t usually people with the personality of Elijah- she was more into girls like that. So how? Luna noticed that he was trying to look into her eyes and she covered her face with her hair so he would not see her eyes nor face. She didn’t want him to see her emotions, her true emotions.

" I would take Karen." she said gently, “She would be a nice company if I was trapped on a desert island.” Though the only problem would be that they wouldn’t be a time where the was quiet and peace. “A pot, flashlight and a journal” That seemed like the most sensible choices for Luna. A pot to cook, flashlight for the dark and a journal to write about what been happening and to maybe forget that she was trapped on a deserted island. “has they ever been someone you didn’t want to forget? or them to forget you?”

@Kbail

1 Like

When Cleo had stopped herself in the middle of her sentence, Niko had looked her dead in the eyes. She knew what that look meant, ‘come on, I dare you finish your sentence’ and Cleopatra would or would have, if her mother didn’t barge it. If there was never a moment that Cleopatra felt grateful for her mother bargaining into her room or any place she was unwelcomed, today there was a moment. She felt a little happy that her mother arrived, stopping her from finishing her sentence or else she would have said bye bye to her friendship with Niko today. Why didn’t she stop when she saw how Niko was feeling? That was a question for the ages.

When Niko mentioned Yua, their daughter, Cleo’s mom face remained in a smile- or what people who didn’t know her mom would perceive as a smile. If you were Cleopatra, thank God you weren’t, and had lived with Kaida for 19 years, you would know all the expressions on her face and how her smile dropped slightly. Her mother never liked the fact Niko got pregnant at an early age, when Niko or Sato wasn’t there her mother would say to her “Et bien sûr, l’une de tes seules bonnes influences a dû tomber enceinte à quoi, 16, 17 ans ?” And of course one of your only good influence had to get pregnant at what 16, 17? But her mom didn’t say it out of spite, her mom liked Niko, according to her and dad, Niko was a ‘good kid’ Cleo snorted if only they knew. Though, since everyone who isn’t Angelina has a flaw, Niko’s pregnancy to her mom was their flaw. Carelessness when they should have been wise-ness, but you would never hear her mother saying that to Niko or her parents. She had to play the supportive parent friend after all. “We will be waiting at the lunch table.” her mom said before exiting.

Niko had finished calling her parents, and them, Sato and Cleo headed down to the dining table. It looks like Angelina had taken a shower and changed out of her clothes, as she was wearing a black dress and not the clothes she wore before. Cleo sat next to Sato and Niko and leaned to whisper, “Sorry y’all have to be at this boring lunch, but i’m sure if I disturb enough my mom-” “Cleopatra, darling what is so important that you can’t share with the whole family? Niko you wouldn’t mind telling me what my lovely daughter and yourself where discussing right.” Cleopatra flashed a look to Niko that said ‘please, por favor, si vous plait, bitte come up with a good lie.’

@Caticorn

1 Like

Really? Come back… there? For what? It was strange… hearing her mother say her name in such a serious way. Usually… before everything that happened… Amie was never the one who got into trouble. The one who had to be at the other end of her mother’s… voice. You know, the one her mom used when telling Phoebe or Xander to clean up after themselves. Or the one her mom used when seeing their report cards and someone (usually either Phoebe or Xander) had a C in a class. Amelia Grace was never at that end… and now… well now her mother was telling her that her friend - which also, NO mom, he’s not a friend, just some idiot blackmailing her – would drive her home. Where even was home anymore? And talk? About what? About how she left Amelia’s dad because she was bored with him? HER dad who was the sweetest man alive, just ask anyone? Every single time Amelia looked at her mom now… she could vividly see her dad crying and it… hurt again. A child should never see their parent cry…. And that day… she saw her father… the man who always had a smile on his face… cry.

Amelia didn’t respond to that… to her mother’s words when walking out the door and back to her….oh god it’s even disgusting to say… her date’s car. The only time she had been this close to his car was at the beginning of the year when she had accidentally… well… dropped a drink on his seat… but clearly the man had gotten that little mistake fixed. In any case, here she was once again – Fin blaring music and neither of them talking to the other. What was there to even talk about, Amie didn’t want to fcking be here. So once again, she simply looked out the window, ignoring the music as her mind went to the day her mother left for the second time.

After a while, the two pulled up to a… well… pretty nice house. Though, Amie wasn’t surprised that the man beside her lived in luxury. That much was easy to tell with his bs attitude and car. Though, almost everyone who went to Cerulean High had some sort of…. Family benefits and even though sometimes Amie didn’t realize it, she also lived a very privileged life. The difference between her and Fin, however, would always be that she at least tried to give back… do some sort of good. Amie volunteered on weekends at shelters, gave her time at nursing homes, and even worked at the local garden every once in a while, that focused on beatification in Beryl. Fin? Well, she doubted he had ever been beyond his bubble of his lifestyle. It was strange that his dad, as an educator, made enough to afford the place but then again, with even what she knew about the Blue Royalty game, she knew whoever headed the school must be paid… quite nicely to keep it running and keep it within school grounds. Maybe… just maybe that’s one of the things Amie never appreciated about the dean… for a man who was supposed to care for students, she often felt belittled by him and… well… if he was supposed to care about students, he wasn’t exactly doing a great job letting a game run on his school that encouraged the manipulation and even destruction of others.

She moved her eyes from his home to where Fin was sitting and clearly the man was… thinking about something. It was always interesting to watch someone deep in thought and clearly, his mind was no longer in the car with her. There was almost a look of…. Distaste on Fin’s features which intrigued Amie but it had disappeared far too quickly for the girl to ponder it anymore. She knew he had something against his family… I mean… have you seen his Instagram or… just his general attitude towards school? Though… anything past being a jerk that Amie was seeing in the man beside her disappeared with his next words. “Trust me, Fin, your dad and you aren’t my type, so I won’t be flirting with him to keep him busy… god seriously, what is wrong with you? Do you just get some sort of sick kick out of this? Clearly Amie was getting more comfortable around him… well or just annoyed enough that she was now just speaking her mind. Looking away from him and back at the door, a sigh left her lips. She was really… doing this. “After today… we forget that… um…you know what… ever happened. Deal?” Amie whispered, the confidence she had moments earlier disappearing. She couldn’t even state what she did…. What the hell did she even do? She remembered the picture of Phoebe… no… her kissing the man on the floor but… ew… nope… let’s not even think about it.

Getting out of the car, Amie held back the urge to slap his hand away as it met her back… though she did flinch ever so slightly at the contact. “Trust me Fin, I don’t think there’s anyone in the world that would enjoy this and by this she meant, of course, the blackmail not necessarily going on a date with… Fin Klein. Though… she’d love to meet the girl who enjoyed that as well. Despite anything she felt, after a few seconds, Amie let a smile fall to her lips as she walked closer to the door, a girl opening who looked… well confused. Especially with Fin’s response about bringing a girl. “Thank you so much for inviting me into your home,” Amie said immediately smiling as she shook the women’s hand before her eyes met the Deans. great, great, fcking great. Thanks for this Fin. Amie was about to walk towards the Dean, though her frustration grew with Fin’s statement. How… rude could he be. No… you know what. If Amie had to be here… he was stuck with her.

“If you think you’re getting out of this that easy… Deal Klein! You have such a lovely home, I’m so glad Fin invited me after our study session on the History of the American Revolution. I have to say, your son is doing absolutely fabulous during our sessions. We even had some time to touch on some Biology before we got here but with-it being Fin’s birthday, he really didn’t want to miss this and after he invited me, I just couldn’t say no.” Amie started with a smile, explaining the situation or part of the situation with a… hint of truth… okay it was a bald face lie but what was she supposed to say? Hi Dean, I’m fcking your son? No. Hi Dean, your son threatened me to be here? Also no. This seemed like a happy medium…ish. “I hope your weekend’s going well too! Fin, you should probably start making the rounds with the other guests.” With that, Amie looked towards him, giving him an out for talking with his dad. If this was what he wanted to avoid, so be it.

@astxrism - Either my next post or the post after next will be the event

1 Like

“Yeah, it is!” They agreed as he asked them how their pastry was. “I can’t believe that I’ve never tried them before. I come here at least once a week.” They admitted as they realized that whenever they came in, they tended to just order their coffee without looking at the other items the shop offered. When he asked if they had any siblings, they shook their head. “Nah, I’m an only child.” They answered with a shrug. “My step-dad didn’t have any kids before he married my dad and they decided that they didn’t want any more kids. What’s it like having a sibling?”

@Ouijaloveletters - Tyler

1 Like

“Wow, I’m honestly surprised you come here that often and have never tried anything other than coffee. Mia would recommend the raspberry danish if you like things with fruit it it. I know it’s not for everyone.” Tyler laughed. “Well, sometimes she can be annoying, but most times she’s my best friend. It’s like having someone who understands you better than your parents, and would come running if you ever needed help. She’s awesome. She may be too loud for you, but you really should get to know Mia. I’m sure she knows you don’t like loud people and will try to quiet down.”
@Caticorn - Athena

1 Like

Remember how broken Riker Taylor-DeLoughrey had felt over the past few months? It was as if every single day, he lost a part of himself. Well, nothing… none of that compared to how he felt when he found Elodie crying. He hated this… hated seeing her cry… hated not knowing what to do about it because he couldn’t do anything. He had no power in this situation. At least with everything before he could… he could stay away from her if that was what she wanted. Well… clearly that’s what she wanted with her leaving in the first place. He could give her that… because honestly, Riker would do anything to make Elodie happy… even if that was happiness without him. He never wanted her to feel this way… god he never wanted to feel this way. His baby girl was sick, and he couldn’t do anything. What was he… supposed to do? Why wasn’t he there for her? That thought hurt the most… maybe if he had been more present over the last few days… well… they both knew why he wasn’t. Maybe if he was there then… well… he could be there for her… for his daughter before any of this happened.

So, instead, Riker just did what he could… he held her… he held Elodie as tight as he could which was something he hadn’t done in a long time…. And it just made him realize how much he missed her. There was a normalcy in touching her, in holding his wife that made him realize how much he had truly missed her, but at the same time, it was making him feel better… stronger even when everything else was falling apart. He felt her shaking in his arms as tears fell down her eyes, and it was taking everything in him to hold back his own. He needed to be strong… if only for the person in front of him.

Listening to her words made his heart fall further. It wasn’t just the way she blamed herself… but rather, the entire situation. Everything about this hurt… including the fact that this was the first time he had spoken to his wife in a long time and it was for… a… truly terrible reason. “Shh… Elodie it’s not your fault… you couldn’t know something was wrong and you took her here as fast as you could. You… you’re the best mother so don’t say that,” he responded, kissing her forehead as he allowed his hand to caress her head, slowly allowing his hand to move from her head to her back and repeating the motion to comfort her as he did many times in the past. He truly believed that… despite what had happened between him and her. He knew that Elodie would do anything for her kids, and there was no doubt in his mind that she was the best mother a child could ask for.

As she explained what happened to their little girl, Riker’s hands around her became tighter – finding comfort in being with her and not alone in this situation. He didn’t know when he finally pulled away, but when he did, he found her wrapping her arms around herself and looking away from him which truthfully killed him inside. And then… she said it. She said what had happened to their baby and his heart fell. “I… pneumonia? What…does that mean…” what was he supposed to say? There was a fear of the unknown that hit him immediately… he had heard of adults getting better from pneumonia but… Lexie was a baby. “I don’t…”

Before Riker could continue, he found someone in a white coat approach them and explain… well… to some extent what had occurred.

He was a mess. A fcking mess. Lexie did have pneumonia – and from what the doctor explained, she likely caught it from someone else. Who? Honestly no one knew… but Elo and Riker now stood watching their daughter through a glass pane as she laid sedated in the NICU with a little ventilator in her mouth helping her breathe. The doctor said that they didn’t know if she’d survive this… apparently it was one of the worse cases and Lexie’s body wasn’t handling it well… so now… Riker and Elo just had to wait.

Riker found himself with a coffee cup and bagel in his hand as he walked back towards his wife. He knew she likely didn’t want to eat or drink… anything, and honestly, he resonated with that sentiment, but he also knew that dealing with this would do nothing if they starved themselves. “Hey I… you should eat up Elo you’ve been sitting there for hours,” he whispered sheepishly before taking the seat next to her where he had been sitting a while before he decided to go hunt for something to eat.

@ast something idk this thing isn’t loading your username

1 Like