Boys and girls treated differently at your school?

Are boys and girls treated differently by the teachers at your school?

I think that has never been a real issue at my school but there were a few teachers who treated boys and girls a bit differently. But it was never a serious thing about grades or anything, more like little jokes (girls can’t do maths) and that kind of stuff.

3 Likes

I mean it was never that serious, but it definitely did happen

and still does

2 Likes

Hmmm, not really. I feel like some individual people are treated differently, but not on the basis of gender

1 Like

The boys were allowed to do football and other such things, girls could but you had to actually go and ask a teacher, instead of it just being part of normal PE class. I hated PE anyways.

My RE teacher gave my trans friend a detention for holding hands with his girlfriend.

Holding hands isn’t against the rules btw :joy:

1 Like

Same at my school, we have 2 PE teachers and that one teacher separates sports based on gender so girls do pilates, learn traditional dances and boys play football and basketball. She doesn’t allow girls to play the ‘boys’ sports and we have to ask.

Like sports don’t have a gender, smh.

2 Likes

Kind of, but it isn’t that much of a big deal. For instance, teachers would always ask for boys to carry heavy objects, while girls are often in charge for the clerical work. And in PE, the boys would always get more difficult exercise routines.

1 Like

Nah

Girls do the same things the boys do and the boys do the same things the girls do

1 Like

Added the sexism tag :blossom:

1 Like

During PE, yes. Whenever girls tried playing football, cricket and other “manly” sports, the guys would laugh and shoo us away.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity