Bridgerton Character Question Thread #2 - Kristi

Alright everyone, here’s the place to ask any questions for @Kristi’s Bridgerton characters!
Please, feel free to go crazy. This is the time to learn anything you want about the characters and their life.

Here’s just a few things to keep in mind.

• First of all, please keep anything that’s not PG-13 to a minimum. (This goes for both the person asking questions and the character answering them. In the character’s answer, feel free to even have them say something about being told to not give an answer that would be viewed as inappropriate)
  • Please ask questions if you want to have one of these threads for your character! The more active you are at asking questions, the higher the chance you’ll be selected to answer them
  • When answering questions please either use colored text, or have your character’s name with each response.
something like this

Character Name:
“Answer here.”

@TheBridgertonRP

8 Likes

Belle:

1. How do you feel about the Napoleonic wars?
  2. Do you have family back in France?
  3. What do you think about the British season and balls?
  4. What would you say is your type?
  5. Do you actually wish to get married this season?
  6. Is there a minimum rank you wish your future husband to be?
1 Like

" “It’s an absolute catastrophe, yet I find myself compelled to be cautious in my utterances, particularly when the emperor is in question. My sincerest desire is for an era of tranquility to grace us. Luckily enough, his highness is generous with his people.”

" “I am the daughter of the duke in france,Naturally, the greater part of my kin abides within the borders of France. Presently, I am accompanied by my brothers.”

“Fun, I enjoy to dress up and chat,”

“Well… Tall, easy on the eyes, kind, caring, friendly and a gentleman- not a rake.”

laughs “No. Never and never,”

“I’m not getting married so it does not matter,”

Belle

• Do you have a favourite French dish?
  • Which do you prefer, French or British cuisine?
  • You say you don’t want to be married but is there something that could convince you otherwise?

Harrison

• You’ve been out in society for five years now, what do you think has prevented you from finding a bride in previous seasons?
  • Have you given any thought as to the kind of woman you’d like to marry?
  • If you weren’t your father’s heir and could choose not to marry, would you?
1 Like

Belle:

• If you have no intention to marry, why join the season? Do your parents know you have no interest in marriage? What are their thoughts on it?
  • Hypothetically, if you were looking for someone, what traits would stand out to you the most in a person? What would you look for?
  • How was your time as a child in France? Do you have a favorite memory? A least favorite?
  • Have you ever been in love?
  • What is something you look forward to the most with the upcoming season?
  • Favorite book and why?

Harrison:

• Are you truly ready to settle down?
  • What are your thoughts on Ilyas Keats? Will you happily accept him as friends again once you meet? Or do you harbor resentment?
  • If society did not frown upon it, would you rather spend your days as you are now with the ability to openly visit gentlemen’s clubs and brothels, or would you still choose a calm married life with children?
  • ^ In the same note, would you choose to be the second son instead if you could? Which of your brothers would you make the first instead of you?
  • Do you resent your father for leaving you unprepared for the Earl title?
  • What’s your favorite type of liquor?

Both:

• Favorite smell?
  • Favorite activity to do when it is raining?
  • Favorite animal?
  • Favorite tea?
  • What is one thing about your siblings you dislike the most?
  • Who is your favorite sibling and why?
1 Like

“I have so many, especially the pastries but for dish lobster thermidor.”

“I find most british food bland or just not to my taste, in addition I have a french tongue so french.,”

“yes, going insane. If i lose my senses that that would convince me.”,"

“I was not looking to marry then and I wanted to see the world, having a wife with me then would be unfortunate as I would not be there most of the time.,”

“I would love them to have a good personality, nice hips, a great face and someone who is easy to talk to over mealtime and bed.,”

“Marriage has always been something that interested me so no,”

1 Like

Harrison:

1. You’re the eldest of seven children, being the eldest you would be the one to inherit, you’re the one who would get the title and the priviledges and difficulties that come along it.
    Do you think one of your younger sibings is better suited for such a role than you?
  2. A lot of people seem to think you’re too young to be a Maquis, have you ever believed this may be true? Have you ever considered it’s just too much work?
  3. When you were old enough to ruin a woman’s reputation by bedding her you didn’t want to marry her. Why do you now think it’s best to marry? Better yet why not make an offer to the woman whose reputation you ruined?
  4. When you became a Marquis at an early age, what did going to college accomplish for you? Was it just a ploy to get away from responsibility or did you think you could balance your duties with college life?
  5. We all know you don’t want to marry and tie down yet, but do you think your competitive nature would give way to the competition going on with other men during this season and marry this way?

Belle:

1. As somebody who rejects norms and doesn’t want to marry, one could only assume your entrance in the season is not your choice and you were made to do this. Is this true?
  2. Do you think your love for reading could turn sour? Like in the book Don Quiote, Northanger Abbey and like in real life’s Hadley Cuthbert?
  3. Have you read Udolpho? What are your opinions about a fellow woman’s books?
  4. Do you ever intend to publish your books? If you do, would you play it safe like many women writers and publish under a pseudonim of a male name, or would you put a female name on it, and risk it falling to ruin by men refusing to read women’s books (generally they wouldn’t notice if a woman wrote a book under a pseudonim of a male name)
  5. If you don’t intend to marry, and your father’s fortune would be split among your family after his death, you would be left with little inheritance assuming that the male heirs would get a lot and you as much as law would allow a woman in this time to inherit. Do you intend to use your skills as a dressmaker to survive?
  6. What is your favorite book and which books was the biggest inspiration to you and reflects most in your writing?

@Kristi

1 Like

“I am not looking to marry, my mother is looking for me to married and that is why. Both of them, my family and I think the whole of france knows of my interest in not marrying, my father he approves of my choices and intends to fully support me and my mother… she’s my mother and the reason I am here. ,”

“How he treats the people ‘lower than him’ if i was looking to marry I want to marry a kind man that is respectable and also please not a rake * chuckles *”

"France, oh my own heart. I love france quite a lot and I have so many good memories, my family, growing up with my best friend and hosting tea parties. A least favorite has to be boarding school, it was not bad but it was interesting. "

“Have I fancied someone before? Yes”

“seeing old friends, i write a lot to them but seeing them in person is better and the chance to dress up how i see fit.”

“Sense and senability by Jane Austen, a fairly new book but I just find it entertaining”

“I think, yes.”

“I don’t harbor resentment towards my dear friend, all i want to know is why he refuses to speak to or reply to me. i have sent him countless of letters that only God knows how many.”

“who said I visited brothels? :unamused:. But this is a tough choice, I’ll have to think of it gentlemn clubs

“Being a second son those sound fun but I do like being an earl, I just wished it was not so early I became one. Out of all my brothers known of them could be the first son, they are better fit for their roles as second, third and fourth sons so it would be better if a totally brother who was first existed than them being the first.”

“It is more my fault than his so no.”

“port wine.”

“what type of question is this one???.”

“The smell of flowers”

“Horses”

“I have the most loving of cats called thorn so cats.”

“Chamomile”

“I dont really have one”

"i sometimes wonder why thomas could not be like Louis, his rakeish behavior is definitely something I am repulsed by. Josephine is perfect in every way but one too, she sleeps like the dead

“I love them but I find them annoying at times”

“Louis, his my elder brother and I find myself closer to him than the rest- well except for Kat.”

“Leonarda she is the youngest of my sisters, so i am quite protective.”

2 Likes

“None of my brothers I can tell you that much, they are not serious people. Angelina would be a good choice if conditions were better”

“It is way too much work and I am young but I have seen younger”

“Oh Maria bless her heart but when me and her happened I was 15 and besides, I don’t think she still likes me.”

“Both”

“I’ve seen a lot of the english men here, I can assure you, i am possibly the most eligable bachelor. Most men here either lack in title, looks or charms. I lack in nothing and this is not be vain as I am not vain, prideful yes but not vain.”

“sadly”

“No, i dont think so”

“It is a very interesting book,I love it, I find Ann to be a wonderful writer with a lot of symbolism”

“i don’t really write often… so no to all the questions”

“i have my ways that you don’t need to worry of.”

“My favorite book I have answered before Sense and Sensability. Book of Prudent and Imprudent I think that’s the name in english? She is part of of the qurelles des femmes tradition,and her writing just interests me and others I don’t really want to share”
@LunaticLeviTheSecond

1 Like

@Kristi okay now an original game of pick one

I’ll give you 3 options. Imagine those 3 people are the only options for marriage and you have to marry …

Belle pick one:

1. Abigail, Harrison, Queen Regina

2. Joane, Albina, Margaret

3. Augustas, Ilyas, Corin

4. Thomas Junior, Bainbridge, Duke Gabriel

1 Like

Harrison pick one:

1. Ilyas, Corin, Archibald

2. Belle, Azucena, Joane

3. Harrison, Finch, Baylor

4. Augustas, Donatella, Bainbridge

1 Like

“What are all this options??”

“I can not talk about the queen of another country in such a matter, Harrison is no friend of mine so Abigail.”

“Albina and I are not fond of one another, Margo is a little too short, Joane”

Good, worser, worst. I think it’s clear who I would pick"

“Eww why would I pick my relatives? Bainbridge”

2 Likes

“Pick one to do what? I guess ilyas?”

“Azucena”

“Harrison, myself”

“Donatella”

1 Like

What makes you so feel so strongly about not fancying a rake?

2 Likes

Both:
Time for a game of bed, wed or execute :eyes:
Disclaimer for Belle, you do have to marry one in each case otherwise you’ll marry all 3!

Augustus Bainbridge Archibald
Ilyas Nikhil Corin
Bainbridge Corin Baylor
Augustus Ilyas Nikhil

Abigail Joane Azuenca
Marareth Dorothea Donatella
Albina Abigail Dorothea
Azuenca Maisie Donatella

2 Likes

“is there a reason to fancy a rake? Most rakes are full of themselves and leave women in positions that ruins their reputation, as they are men, their reputation gets cleaned easily. it’s also easy to leave women to take care of the b@stard children they left through their relations…”

2 Likes

How do you feel about a reformed rake in that case, someone who used to be a rake but has left his rake ways in the past? Would you still hold their past against them in that case?

And even if you wish to never marry, do you believe in love at all? If it were possible, would you want a romantic partner without marrying them?

Where could you most see yourself living on the long term, England or France?

2 Likes

Both, let’s play some never have I ever, feel free to give context if it isn’t a never :wink:

1 - Never have I ever kissed someone?
2 - Never have I ever been drunk?
3 - Never have I ever stolen something?
4 - Never have I ever gotten into an actual physical fight?
5 - Never have I ever smoked a cigarette?
6 - Never have I ever been the one to end something romantic?
7 - Never have I ever stayed up a whole night without any sleep?
8 - Never have I ever lied in this game of never have I ever?

1 Like

“do i have to do this?”

"Augustus is like a brother to me but I can’t execute him so unfortunately
i would pick Marry him, bed Bainbridge and execute Archibald as he does not seem quite friendly to me. "

“bed Augustuus, execute Brainbridge and wed Archibald?”

“… Why did #they have to be in the same place? Marry Nikhil, execute ilyas and bed corin”

"I don’t really feel strongly about bedding or wedding my friend whether i was or lady or, but I guess marry Ilyas, bed Corin and execute Nikhl

“Execute corin, bed bainbridge or marry baylor. Though baylor and bainbridge could be interchangeble i think”

“bed baylor, execute bainbridge and wed corin”

“Oh this is as easy as knowing the alphabets, execute Ilyas, bed Augustus and wed nikhil”

“execute augustus, wed nikhil and bed ilyas”

“As i used to be engaged to Azucena, wed her, bed Abigail as her family is important to my mother and execute joane”

"Wed Azucena, bed joane and unfortunately execute Abigail… again do i really have to do this? "

“Wed Donatella, she’s truly a beauty and any man would be glad to have her as a wife. Bed Dorethea, compared to all the other ladies in the ton, she has such a unique allure, and execute Margo, cute, really cute and if there was another option i would not choose execute, i exchange flirtations with her from time to time but well…”

“Margo and I are quite friendly so wed Margo, bed Donatella and execute Dorothea”

“Wed Dorothea like i said she has an allure to her. Bed Alibina, she’s shockingly tall, I have not come in contact with a lot of girls as tall as her so i want to see… execute Abigial”

“Execute albina, bed Abigail and marry Dorothea”

“Wed Azucena, bed Maise and sadly execute Donatella”

“Wed Donatella, bed Azucena and execute Maise”

1 Like

“most of them only exist when they wed so… the only opinions i have of them is that their wife is blessed but if their truly reformed no,”

“I believe in love, love is just hard to find and why go through hoops searching for what is so difficult when i can enjoy a simple life, especially since marriage works more in favor for men. And for the last part sure.”

“france my favorite country of them all”

2 Likes