Bridgerton | Official RP Thread

Dance I - With Phoebe

Cassian stood before Lady Phoebe with a gracious smile that concealed a hint of mystery. His charisma was like a magnetic force, effortlessly drawing the attention of society’s most discerning mamas. But beneath his polished exterior, he held a sense of stoicism, guarding secrets known only to himself and some to those closest to him.

He maintained his composed demeanor as Lady Phoebe’s words washed over him. Her admiration did not go unnoticed, and he couldn’t help but appreciate the charm and lift for his ego in her soft blushing smile. “Your kind words are truly humbling, My lady,” he responded, his voice carrying a hint of his inherent charm. “I too agree, it’s in these quieter moments that we find the true beauty of the ball. Your presence has added a special warmth to this corner, and for that, I am most grateful.”

“No need for apologies, Lady Phoebe” he reassured her with a gentle smile, his voice low and captivating as they swayed to the music. “I am Lord Cassian Ellis, at your service.” he then followed, introducing himself.
Their dance continued, and Cassian could sense her growing confidence and excitement. Her genuine appreciation for his company filled him with a sense of pride.

“Thank you, Lady Phoebe,” He replied, he replied, his voice filled with gratitude. “You, too, have a talent for making a gentleman feel at ease. And as for the adventures and stories,” he continued, his gaze holding a hint of mystery, “they are as diverse as the stars in the night sky. But it would not be as fun if you had known them all at our very first encounter, I could not even imagine becoming… boring he replied humorously, yet an alluring charm to his tone “As the evening unfolds, I might share a glimpse of them with you. if you wish it so, of course.” Cassian held her gaze, the mystery within his eyes inviting her to explore deeper.

@CrazyCaliope Phoebe

3 Likes

dance one: belle rose fleur

Altas attempted to cover up his expression of irritation at the prince’s name. He could not let Belle know that he was holding yet another secret from her, but there were certain things that not even his closest friend could know. Atlas was concerned that Belle would begin to question whether he was the man she believed she knew well. But he knew all too well that her words were true; the prince was not a man of marriage, and he definitely knew that he would never allow Adeline to fall in love with the prince.“Right…” was all he could say regarding her remark about the prince, but he smiled once more as she finally changed their conversation.

“Oh, alright, I will let you believe that. But remember, I was there; I knew what I saw.” Atlas teased her before he too dropped that subject and continued to dance. His eyes couldn’t help but wonder at that moment as they searched for the person whom he wanted to see the most that night. Lydia. She looked stunning in that dress she wore, her beauty captivating him from across the room. For a moment, she was all he saw, until he realized she was already with another man, Lord Augustus. He did not know much about him, but he knew his family name. Atlas’s heart sank as he watched Lydia laugh and engage with him, he couldn’t help but feel a pang of jealousy, but he knew he could not do much as he and Lydia had not officially declared their relationship. I sent you some books; did you read them? And if you did, then tell me what happened.Atlas looked at Belle once more with a guilty smile, “I promise I started, but you know it is very challenging for me to sit and focus on reading a book for a long time, but I am happy to hear that even when I am not by your side, you still think of me, dear.” He said with a small chuckle. He recalled how, in the early stages of their friendship, he and Belle would sit in his family’s garden while she read to him and he listened. He despised reading and would always make an excuse when it was his turn, but Belle eventually caught on and insisted that he read to her for all the time she had to.

“Oh, do not fret, my dear Lady Belle, for no one can fill up the space you have in my heart,” Atlas spoke softly with a smile as she planted a quick kiss on his cheek. It was true; he could not, or actually did not want to, imagine a life without his other half. Belle was the light that guided him through the darkest of times, especially in his childhood when he needed someone the most, and he cherished every moment they spent together ever since. Their friendship was a bond that could never be broken.

orp: @Kristi belle
mentioned: @novella lydia

4 Likes

Dance number 1: Lady Dorothea Addington

“You are most welcome” Baylor gives a subtle smile. “One most valuable lesson I have learned over the course of the years” Baylor reminisces about times where he said something about a lady’s outfit or her taste in fashion, which clearly was never received well. Even once with Dorothea he had made such mistake, and it had stayed in his brain ever since to not ever do such thing again.

Instead of answering with words, Baylor looked over to where the diamond of the season, Lady Adeline Delaney was now talking with the one and only Prince Magnus Rupert Edevane, guiding her to the name with his stare. “I am afraid so, I will not be able to have a chance with her. My prospects for securing a matrimonial match this season would assuredly improve if I were to divert my attention towards other eligible suitors, even if some of them may not initially capture my fancy.” Baylor explained his situation to Dorothea. He laughed at Dorothea calling him a coward, but for her to not get the wrong impression, he also quickly added: “I am not a coward, merely weighing what options make sense logically.”

As Dorothea and Baylor approached the dance floor, he said: “Allow me to assure you, it shall be my personal responsibility this evening to ensure that you have a most delightful and enjoyable night.”

As the music started playing, he let go a little bit. With Dorothea, he felt he could dance in a somewhat more relaxed way. Not every single step had to be perfection, they were merely sharing a nice moment together. “Oh, most certainly, I would be delighted.” he smiled as he guided her to make a spin around him. "Amidst my Highland hike, I happened upon an exceedingly quaint Scottish cabin in the most breathtaking of locations, weathered by decades of existence. It appeared as though time had graciously preserved its rustic charm. What I would do to live in such a cabin.” He paused for a second, mostly to focus on the dance, as they had to move in a different formation. “And the evenings in the Scottish taverns, they possess a charm far more intriguing than any night spent at the gentlemen’s club. They are filled with fascinating individuals and narratives. One gentleman, in particular, was entirely convinced that he had laid eyes upon the elusive Loch Ness Monster. My wager is that he might have had one Whiskey too many. The yarns of enduring clan rivalries and audacious sheep rustlers providing ample entertainment and storytelling fodder for days on end."

@CerealKiller - Dorothea
@sunflowerjm - Adeline (mentioned)
@CrazyCaliope - Magnus (mentioned)

6 Likes

Dance I - With Baylor

Dorothea listened attentively as Baylor spoke, his words carrying a hint of wisdom and experience. She couldn’t help but appreciate his subtle smile and the way he had apparently learned from his past mistakes. “A lesson of most highest importance” she agreed, a small flicker of amusement in her eyes.

Her gaze followed his, landing on Lady Adeline Delaney, the diamond of the season, conversing with the Prince. Dorothea nodded in understanding as Baylor explained his predicament. His decision to explore other prospects made sense in a way, even if it meant diverting his attention from Lady Adeline.
A playful smile tugged at the corners of her lips. “I didn’t mean to imply that you’re a coward, Baylor,” she reassured him with a gentle yet playful smile “but certainly a pragmatist. It’s quite admirable to be able to approach matters logically.” she explained But I do still firmly believe one should always follow their hearts in matters like this, even when it might seem as if it holds no hope”

As the music went on, she allowed herself to relax a bit. Dancing with Baylor felt comfortable, and she didn’t feel the need for every step to be flawless. Their fun shared moment was what mattered most. When he guided her into a spin, she followed with grace, her gown swirling elegantly.

She couldn’t help but smile at his words about the Scottish cabin and taverns and drunken delusions . “A cabin in the Scottish wilderness does sound enchanting,” she remarked, her hazel eyes bright with interest. “And the tales of the taverns, I can only imagine the colorful characters and stories you must have encountered. Unless of course it was a produce of one too many whiskeys yourself” she replied, a playful smile on her lips “but those do make for the best stories”

Dorothea couldn’t help but be drawn into Baylor’s stories, his adventurous spirit resonating with her own, as if she couldn’t help but appreciate the depth and diversity of experiences life had to offer.

@Jass Baylor

3 Likes

BainbridgeBrantley-min

"I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t mean to suggest that whatever kept you from the presentation must be some gossip. I suppose around this town I’m fairy used to hearing nothing but gossip and secrets and therefore I assume yours was the same. He listened intently as she explained how it was difficult for a woman to retain her title, which he didn’t consider when she was talking about titles. Since childhood he was taught about titles from a male point of view and didn’t entertain the thought they were taught very differently on the subject becuase the subject is very different in case of the other gender. However, he also understood her parents told her since youth she should be careful to not lose her title, which would mean any advances from him to her would be unwelcome by her parents and very likely unwelcome by her considering she was taught to value titles so. However there was no danger in harmless flirtation. Besides he would never forgive himself for not having fun with a lady he considers so beautiful. [color= #70836C]“You are right, I didn’t think of it that way. There are ways to bypass that, like in the case of my cousin, but such cases are sadly very rare.” He said. When she suggested they’ve been talking too long to not arrise suspicion Bainbridge was confused. ‘How could talking arise more suspicion than dancing?’ He wondered. When he realized it was a subtle invitation to dance, he realized maybe he was wrong with his ealier thoughts about Joane, which made him happy. “I’m glad you think so lady Claimond, I was just thinking of asking you to the ance floor.” He said while extending his hand to recieve her gloved ones.

@Meekepeek - Joane

4 Likes

Adeline had spotted her prince; he was not hers yet, but he was the prince she had always heard of. Or at least she hoped—could this be too good to be true?

Adeline watched as the scene unfolded before her. Prince Magnus clearly seemed annoyed by the other lady’s manners. Adeline watched as the lady began to run away from the prince. ‘Did she have tears in her eyes?’ She thought, determined to follow after her. She wanted to see if she was alright, but right before she took a step, she was stopped by a soft, soothing voice.

Adeline slowly turned around, and once she realized who the voice came from, her heart skipped a beat, it was the prince, Prince Magnus. She listened as the prince spoke to her parents, and she looked at him with longing eyes. Adeline couldn’t help but smile; she had finally met the person she had been longing to meet tonight. “I would be delighted to share this dance with you, my prince.” Adeline said as she took a deep breath before accepting his hand.

orp: @CrazyCaliope Prince Magnus

6 Likes

86f66602d08dc77a6f57dbbe1fba133f0a635fbe_2_690x203

Ilyas seethed with frustration. Why would she make such accusations, especially in a place like this? She didn’t even know anything about him beyond what her sister must have told her. It felt entirely unfair, and he couldn’t fathom why her words affected him so deeply. Perhaps it was the fear that she might gossip to other women, tarnishing his already tarnished reputation. She was undeniably different from her sister, radiating a fiery spirit that set her apart. It was often the case with twins, one more reserved while the other burned with intensity. The distinctions between her and Florinda were already quite apparent to him. The freckles, he briefly considered tracing them with the tip of his finger. And then there was the attitude, which simultaneously infuriated and piqued his curiosity.

“A sea of hungry mamas… a horde of desperate young ladies… and a young Duke-to-be… How you’ve managed all this time without me is a wonder,” Corin’s words washed over Ilyas, eliciting a low laugh that couldn’t be contained. He licked his lips and shook his head, feeling a wave of nostalgia wash over him. Indeed, he had missed this camaraderie. Corin had a unique way of drawing out a side of him that had been dormant for years, a playful and mischievous facet of his personality. The tricks and pranks they used to pull on their fellow classmates were the sort of antics one might expect from twelve-year-olds, not the refined young men they were supposed to be becoming.

The mere notion of assuming the mantle of a Duke churned his stomach, sending waves of discomfort coursing through him. It felt like an ill-fitting suit. Suffocating. The weight of responsibility, the burden of expectation, it all seemed unbearable at times. Yet, despite the queasiness that the idea of being a Duke provoked, there was an undeniable allure to the power it would bring. The authority to shape destinies, influence decisions, and change to what he knew of the familily business. The difference of his desires tugged at him, the repulsion and attraction warring within, creating a complex inner struggle that he couldn’t easily resolve.

“The prodigal friend returns with a friend, Ilyas, it has been long, no?” his other best friend chimed in, seemingly appearing out of thin air at just the right moment. Inwardly, Ilyas couldn’t help but agree with the sentiment. The prospect of the three of them slipping away to a gentlemen’s club and enjoying a more entertaining evening certainly appealed to him. There, they could find more amusement and perhaps a few women of interest. The thought was certainly tempting.

“To answer your question, my dear Corin,” Ilyas began with a playful glint in his eye, “this man here is how I have managed without you.” He placed his hand on Harrison’s shoulder and gave it a reassuring pat. Harrison was his oldest and dearest friend, a steadfast confidant who had never once judged or mocked him for his ways.

With Corin and Harrison by his side, Ilyas felt an undeniable sense of camaraderie and safety. The night ahead could only get better, he thought, as the three friends reunited once more. As he introduced Harrison and Corin to each other, he couldn’t resist a playful remark. “Harrison, Corin. Corin, Harrison,” he said with a sly smile, “Aren’t you two just the luckiest men, befriending someone as beautiful as me?

@DandelionKate corin
@Kristi Harrison

@Jass mentioned

5 Likes

AbigailBrantley

When Bridget mentioned Louisa’s perfume is a bit to pungent, Abigail mentioned "I’m positive Louisa didn’t decide to wear this perfume herself. Like me, she would rather not wear something that is mostly tasked with gaining male attention, whereas her mother, my aunt is.. Abigail sighed, feel a bit hot. Abigail realise due to anxiety she has eaten very little and drank close to nothing, and realized she should do so soon. “I’m feeling a bit faint and need refreshment. Bridget, cousin, I hope you don’t mind but I need to be excused, I need something to drink.” She said before making her way over to the table. Desiring something sweet she chose to drink madeira and already had some when she turned around to notice somebody. This somebody looked somewhat familliar but she couln’t figure out who this man was.
Excuse me sir, but do I know you from somewhere? She finally asked.

@Ouijaloveletters - Louisa - mentioned
@Bluecookies - Bridget - mentioned, Bruce

4 Likes

Beige Vintage Traveler Twitter Header

⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇

~~

As Belle and her friend glided across the dance floor, she couldn’t help but notice the direction of his gaze. Tilting her head with an air of intrigue, she followed his eyes to where they had settled—on Lady Lydia. The revelation wasn’t all that astonishing, given the way Atlas looked at her. Lady Lydia, it seemed, held a special place in his heart, and Belle had stumbled upon this truth within mere moments. Such things, when it came to Atlas, rarely escaped her perceptive gaze.

A sense of happiness washed over Belle as she realized the depth of Atlas’s affection for Lydia, her cherished friend. They were like a perfect pair of gloves, she thought. Lydia’s spirit was free and filled with a vibrant sense of fun, a rarity in their society, and it was something that Atlas clearly desired.

A friend marrying a friend, anytime she would come to visit them then she shall see both of them and she can read with both of them. How she was going to sit Atlas down to read with both of them that was the question but Belle would find a way, Belle always does because well, she’s Belle. Belle Fleur.

“I know who you are enchanted by now.” Belle said amused with a laughter as they danced, " “It’s not been quite long since you told me you held a lady dear and I found out who she was. It’s my friend, Lady Lydia is it not?” Belle whispered so she will not be heard by the rest of the people in the ballroom. “It is her, do not even try to deny it because I know when you like. I can see it in your eyes, you are bewitched, enchanted by her. All the love I can see in your eyes is making me ill.” Belle teased. She was quite glad that the woman Atlas liked was one she knew, one that she liked quite well. She already had a friend out of Atlas possible future wife. The fact that Atlas liked Lady Lydia made her quite satisfied and Belle had never been satisfied with most things or people. She was never satisfied with the things she accomplished, the things she read or most of the people she met- she always felt like they could be something more, there needed to be something more. There could be a bigger aspect that seemed to be missing but what was that aspect that was missing? That was something Belle always tried to figure out in order to be close to fully sastified.

She was never sastified with most things but the idea of a relationship between Lydia and Atlas sastified her greatly. She had no worries for him now, and all the worries she had was teasing and it seemed he needed more of that and more as he gave her a sheepish look. He had not finished the books she sent, he said he had started them and Belle believed that, or well will pretend to be Believed that- she a skeptic after all. “I think of you all the time Atlas, even in my dreams and in my wakes and when I ‘write’ you’re impossible to get out of my head, that sometimes I think you infected me with something. Most of all I’m thinking of our books,” Well more Belle’s books, “And our shocking friendship. It surprises me still how long this friendship has lasted and how alike we are, it will truly pain me to lose you Atlas.” She admitted, quite bluntly. It was the truth after all, Atlas was always in her mind as was the people she held dear- her family, the Ellis family (cassian excluded), Angelina Davis with the other davis sisters, Lady Azucena, Adeline and her many other friends. Her head held many thoughts which held their own thoughts that had their own thoughts and if it this thoughts were in any other person brain, then they will be confused- Belle thinks. But Belle? Belle understood her thought all so well.

Even if those thoughts sometimes hurt her head with how much of them they were. Truly, she thought a lot more than most people. Everything was a thought for her. She blinked realization she had spaced out, “Sorry, I was lost.” Belle said, “I was lost in my thoughts, Theseus himself would never find a way to escape.” Belle said as she continued their dancing in complete sync as their eyes stared at each other directly, leading to some small smiles and shared laughter.

She smiled, a gentle caring smile as Atlas told her no one would fill up the space he held for her in his heart. “Unlike my mind, as you know it, my heart does not hold many people as it is filled with a love for books, but there is a huge space i it for you, one that may or may not surpass my life for books, and one that will also never be replaced or filled up. What new hobbies have you picked up or what new things have you learnt?” Belle asked because she knew Atlas had a tendency for finding their hobbies and new ideas, one Belle had but not so much as though she was not fully sastified with her hobbies and ideas she was content with them and simply preferred to find a book that would fully sastify her and her ideas.

@sunflowerjm - Atlas

mentioned:

@novella - Lydia
@raviola - Azucena

4 Likes

slow dancing

Dance #1 : Lady Albina Northwick (@Jass) ~finishing~

As they waltzed gracefully, a subtle sensation caressed Orpheus’ shoulder. Albina had delicately rested her hand upon his coat. Such an intimate physical connection, beyond the constraints of the dance, was bound to attract curious gazes, yet Orpheus made no move to pull away. Instead, his gaze gently traced the path of her fingertips as they descended to the cuff of his sleeve, the mere brush of her touch sending a shiver of anticipation racing up his spine.
Orpheus found himself ensnared, his unwavering gaze locked onto Albina as she continued to speak. Struggling to concentrate on her words, the violin strings in the background suddenly swelled, their melodies resonating with unusual intensity in his ears.
The melodies weaved through his senses, blurring the boundaries between sound and feeling. Orpheus stumbled slightly as his surroundings became hazy. The rhythm wrapped around him like an unseen force, tugging at his emotions, and for a moment he was suspended in a realm far from unfamiliar. A space where time and sound merged to create a pure moment of feeling. The only question was, what was this feeling.
He had played a thousand symphonies and felt this sensation hundreds of times, yet this one felt somehow new.
A peculiar sharpness gripped his abdomen, his breath quickened, and a disconcerting tightness took root in his chest.
Could it be an excess of champagne clouding his senses?
No, he had downed three times as much in a single sitting without such side effects. This was different—a sensation similar to anxiety, perhaps? A breath ago, he had been the epitome of composure. So, he pondered, what could have ignited this inexplicable feeling within him?

“…qualities beyond my appearance?” Is all he managed to catch of her latest sentiments as he attempted to refocus his hearing. How strange it must have looked, his eyes fixated, his mind wandering.

“No, my apologies, Miss Northwick, for I must admit, I find myself to be among the self-important gentlemen of which you speak. However lovely your countenance is, and I must admit I was quite entranced, your conversation is much more pleasing to the heart. Thank you for your elucidation on the matter of men.” Orpheus gave a small smile, readjusting the position of his hands to be slightly further than he had once held her.
“Your knowledge of Greek texts is admirable. Unfortunately, at the moment, I find myself without a lady to glance over my shoulder at…” Orpheus took a deeper breath, letting himself relax into the dance again.
“So, perhaps, I should also keep my focus on who is in front of me.” He smirked, quoting his previous words.
The feeling emerged again. This time different yet again.
He could not understand the sick twist in his stomach, but it was something he had only felt once before this moment…with a girl who had long since forgotten him.
A feeling he resented.
As they twirled back into their starting marks, the music cut, leaving Orpheus holding his breath, afraid the sound of his anxious breathing would resonate.
“You are indeed a most compatible dance partner. I do hope we will meet again soon, but you must excuse me, my lady, for I am not feeling too well at this present moment. It was a pleasure.” Orpheus gave a deep bow and departed the dance floor as quickly as he was pulled into it.
Pushing his way through the crowd of people and out into the crisp air of the night, Orpheus took a breath. What felt like his first since the dance had started.
Why had his body been riddled with anxiety such as this? Why had the feeling been so sudden to approach? And why, for the first time, did he want to go back for more?

mentioned :
Albina (@Jass)
Aurelia (@benitz786)

6 Likes

Dance 1: with Cassian Ellis

Phoebe’s heart danced with excitement and anticipation as the gentleman leading her to the dancefloor introduced himself as Lord Cassian Ellis. An Ellis, she knew of the family by word of her mother but not of any reputation. To be fair, reputation was not something that Phoebe has ever really paid too much attention to unless it directly concerned herself. His name, however, carried an air of sophistication and intrigue that matched the enigmatic charm he exuded. She couldn’t help but feel a sense of privilege to be in his company.

“Lord Cassian Ellis, it is a pleasure to meet you,” Phoebe replied, enjoying the way his name rolled off her tongue. As they took their places within the start of the dance, she curtsied. “Your presence has brought a new light to this evening, and I am grateful for the opportunity to share this dance with you.”
As they continued to glide across the dance floor, Phoebe couldn’t help but be captivated by the mystery that lingered in Cassian’s eyes. His mention of diverse adventures only deepened her curiosity of him. “I must say, my Lord, your words have piqued my curiosity,” Phoebe remarked with a playfully optimistic glimmer in her eyes. “I am drawn to the allure of the unknown and stories that are waiting to be unveiled. I would be delighted to catch a glimpse of your adventures, should you choose to share them with me.”

@CerealKiller - Cassian

4 Likes

╰┈➤ ◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪◈━◈━◈━◈━◈◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪

Anytime you need a friend- Mariah Carey

Corin, that was the male’s name from what Harrison heard Ilyas call him. Ilyas had placed his hand on Harrison’s shoulder and Harrison eyes travel down to that hand, raising a brow, ‘this man here is how I have managed without you,’ Ilyas said, and Harrison takes all complete credit but, intruging to him, how much Harrison and Ilyas both relied on each other for various of things and yet… Ilyas could not bother to a send a letter back.

Should he confront him on tat? Harrison mused. No, not that. After all there was somebody else with them, you do not confront a friend, one so close to you that they could be consider a kin, in front of another person, you supported them in public and confronted them in private. And Harrison just had to much love for his dear friend to be angry right now, especially since he hated wasted his anger on that Lady. So, he could only help but to curve his lips into a half smile, and chuckle, arms still crossed. “Truly, I am your Salvatore,savior in italian Harrison teased, he put his hand on his head, in exaggeration he said, “I am an underpaid worker of his, as he’s always in need of saving, and my back quite hurts from saving him and yet I don’t get even 10 shillings, unfairness I would say.” Harrison teased, putting his hand on his mouth as he shaked his head , pretending that he was in deep sorrows.

It was truly glad to have Ilyas back, how dearly Harrison had missed him! The ton was not as fun, and exciting without the personality of Ilyas, and the many things they would do together. He stood watching the dark haired male- Corin, and was about to introduce himself till Ilyas cut him, introducing him to Corin. “I had wanted to introduce myself!” Harrison said in mocked offense, “You do such a bad job at it. Corin, forget my name. let me introduce myself properly, I am Harrison of the many travels, many names, lover of beauty, archery, many things, Michelangelo Davis.” Harrison said in a tone as if he was in a theather, doing a grand introduction. He let out a chuckle when he was done, “But if that is to long for your lips, you shall just call me Harrison.” Harrison introduced, extending his hand out for Corin to shake. “It is nice to meet you, and I hope you will be glad to meet me.” Harrison bent down to whisper. “Because between just the two of us, i’m definetly more exciting and better in every aspect than Ilyas.” Harrison jested knowing that Ilyas would of course here. He turned to Ilyas raising a hand, "Well, you know me I am a man of many words.

@Madilnel - Ilyas
@DandelionKate - Corin

4 Likes

dance one: belle rose fleur - ending

Atlas rolled his eyes in jest. Could he have been any more obvious? Of course, Belle will be able to figure it out so easily; she was not a fool. She was a very intelligent woman, and he could never fool her. “I must admit, you have me defeated.” He chuckled and said, “Yes, it is Lady Lydia. I’m not sure how to explain it, but she makes me feel alive once more. Yet, you know better than anyone how I feel about settling down…” Atlas lived for adventure, and although his heart still wanted love, it was not his priority. He wanted to explore the world and learn more than there was to know; he wanted new experiences before he settled down and became a family man.

Atlas observed as Belle wandered off into her own mind and grinned, as he was accustomed to her doing so. He never interrupted her unless needed, knowing that her thoughts were often deep and introspective. “Do not apologize, but may I guess that you were thinking of all your loved ones in that moment? and I must say that anyone who has Lady Belle’s love and care for them is a very fortunate soul.” And he meant it. Belle had a way of showing her loved ones how much she cared for them, and while it may not have been the best, if Belle cared for you, there was no reason to doubt that you were in the company of a devoted, sincere person.

“I have not discovered any new hobbies yet, but last night I wondered what would be a faster way to speak to Belle without having to wait to see her the next day.” Atlas said, pretending to think, “I don’t know, would you not think if we could have a device or something to speak to each other right there and then it would be easier?” He said, and then shook his head as he laughed, “Ignore me; you know me and my thoughts of wanting to discover something new every day.”

Atlas enjoyed dancing with Belle for a few more minutes; they followed each other in sync, their movements fluid and graceful. He would not have minded if she was the only lady he had to dance with tonight, but he knew that if they continued to dance any longer, people would start to suspect them, and although people had already whispered about them, he did not feel like causing anymore talk for Belle’s sake. As he looked over Belle’s shoulder, he noticed Belle’s aunt watching the both of them and glaring at them with disapproval, like she knew Belle was using Atlas to avoid dancing with anyone else. “Although I always enjoy your company, my dear Belle, I believe I can no longer be your savior for tonight.” He said while ensuring Belle followed his gaze towards her aunt. “Have a wonderful night, Belle.” Atlas whispered in her ear before ending their dance and smiling at her aunt as he walked off.

orp: @Kristi belle -
Atlas is approachable!

slightly mentioned: @novella lydia

fun fact

for those of you wondering what Atlas was talking about, the telephone was not yet invented at that time.

4 Likes

I can tell that we are gonna be friends

No Dance : Current Conversation : Ilyas and Harrison (@Kristi @Madilnel) ~ongoing~

A bellowing voice broke the momentary silence between Ilyas and Corin from somewhere behind them. They turned together, Ilyas seemingly excited by the man’s presence.
He was tall. That was Corin’s first thought. Corin himself was quite tall, so to find a man taller was a shock to be sure. There was a scar down his left cheek that left Corin wondering about his past, something he often did not care for in others. However, scars tell stories, and those stories were almost always as painful as they looked on the skin. Corin instinctively readjusted his gloves and sleeve cuffs, assuring his own scarring was more than covered.
Aside from that, his features were dark, rugged, and spilling with confidence. He definitely seemed like the type Ilyas would attract. Corin knew he would now have his hands full around both of them.
“Aren’t you two just the luckiest men, befriending someone as beautiful as me?” Ilyas jested. Corin could not hold back a scoff, but stayed otherwise quiet as to let the man, he now knew to be Harrison Davis, speak first.

“I am an underpaid worker of his, as he’s always in need of saving, and my back quite hurts from saving him and yet I don’t get even 10 shillings, unfairness I would say.” Harrison’s face twisted in a mock pain that forced a small chuckled from Corin’s throat.
“You are being paid?” Corin gasped, also feigning a mocked pain. “I am lucky if I receive a letter in correspondence.” Corin laughed, nudging Ilyas slightly with his shoulder.
As Harrison continued his excessively long introduction, Corin stood, a brow raised as he glanced down at his hand.
Mr. Davis seemed vastly overconfident, nauseatingly charming, and likely too rakish for his poor mother’s heart to handle…and that is precisely the man Corin preferred in his company.
Corin took Harrison’s hand, holding his gaze as he did so, as if to say, ‘We shall be good friends’, in his stare. For rakes, Corin had found, were often men of great moral stature, contrary to their outward behavior. In every country he had roamed, every man he had met, it was, indeed, the dabblers of ill-repute that held the highest of esteems. It seemed, to Corin, that men escaping responsibility or pain turned to the bottle, the pipe, or the dens. Those men, however momentarily lost, were devastatingly loyal and fierce in their truest of beliefs. These men, Corin often sought out for business or for companionship on the road. For they were always reliable in times most needed.
“Corin…Blackwood.” He said as he finally released Harrison’s hand. “If that is too long for your lips…” Corin mocked Harrison’s introduction, a smirk spreading across his face. “You may call me Corin.” He finished, leaning back against the table behind him again.
Corin reached behind, offering Harrison the same champagne flute he offered Ilyas.
”It seems you both could use a drink this night.” Corin’s laughter escaped him as he looked upon the two men, clear frustration etched into the wrinkles on their faces. “Pray, tell me, shall every event this season be filled with such exhaustive matters?” Corin pulled his own flask back out, taking a small sip as to mimic joining them in their drinks. It was a Korean custom to not only offer drinks to the eldest first, but to never drink alone, so, despite his sobriety, Corin feigned a drink alongside his newest acquaintance.
“What lady draws such a look of aggravation upon your features, Lord Davis?” Corin looked back out at the crowded ballroom again, his fingers thumping themselves along the side of his flask. Perhaps the tea was, indeed, helpful.

mentioned:
Harrison (@Kristi)
Ilyas (@Madilnel)

5 Likes

Dance 1: with Lady Adeline Delaney

Feeling a surge of relief as Adeline accepted his invitation to dance, he scrawled his name on her dance card. He felt a rather odd feel, his heart beat faster, as if it was the anticipation of finally taking her hand to lead her to the fence floor. With a gentle yet confident grip, he led her there.

As they walked over, Magnus couldn’t help stare at Adeline’s grace and beauty from the corner of his eye. Her presence seemed to illuminate the entire room. “Lady Adeline, you truly are a vision,” he told her, in a quieter voice just for her, before letting go of her hand to take his place within the dance and bow to her. “In your words, I have found a kindred spirit, and in your presence, I find myself enchanted. Strong magic must be in play to keep me so deeply transfixed.” Magnus let out a rather dignified chuckle at that line.
With a smile remaining on his face as his eyes were locked onto Adeline, he had this feeling inside that their connection was growing stronger with each passing moment that they danced, yet, he didn’t want to make a swift. “May I enquire of what you’ve been painting as of late, Lady Adeline? Has there been a number of masterpieces?”

@sunflowerjm - Adeline

6 Likes

Dance Number one: Dorothea Addington

Baylor could not help but see how Dorothea's enjoyed having a sense of power over him. She was one of the rare ladies, and gentlemen for that matter, who Baylor wanted to learn from and for. For whom he wanted to be the best version of himself. She had that respect, that he cared and valued her opinions.

“I am aware of your stance on such matters.” Baylor said, with a teasing smile on his face “I’ve had the pleasure of your acquaintance for more than just today.” He looked at Adeline again, who was now dancing. He could not help but smile seeing her beauty and grace. “I have not yet shared a dance with Lady Delaney, nor any conversation. But even if I firmly believe getting invested with the diamond might not be the wisest of decisions, I will consider making an attempt to get to know her. For if our personalities would not be compatible, there is no further dilemma to ponder about.” He looked Dorothea directly in the eyes for the first time during their dance: “I shall certainly consider it, but let us not raise undue excitement, much like my dear sister would upon hearing such information.”

“It sounds utterly enchanting, I must admit. I can easily envision a life for myself amidst the Scottish Highlands. Picture this: a charming cabin in the most breathtaking of nature, much like the one I happened upon, a loyal dog frolicking nearby, and perhaps even the construction of a stable to house a few horses.” Baylor’s enthusiasm about Scotland was clearly visible as he spoke. Until he started speaking on a more serious tone: “Hopefully, I shall be fortunate enough to include a wife and children within that idyllic tableau.” It was something he desired, giving life to a new generation and having someone on his side. “Pray, tell, what future do you imagine for yourself Lady Dorothea?”

“Regrettably, I have had the pleasure of savoring but a solitary glass of whiskey during this journey.”, he had to laugh however about her playfulness as he spoke. “Unless my tolerance for alcohol has drastically decreased, these taverns are among the most spirited establishments. I wish I could escort you on one of my Scottish escapades, so you might witness firsthand.” He smiled at Dorothea, knowing she would like to hear what he was about to say: "The taverns are open to all, irrespective of social status or gender, truly remarkable establishments indeed.

@CerealKiller - Dorothea
@sunflowerjm - Adeline (mentioned)
@Littlefeets - Maisie (mentioned)

8 Likes

Aurelia and Harrison executed a bow and curtsy in perfect harmony, their moments seamless to any casual observer. Yet, it was far from normal - not in the typical sense, at least. After all, they danced as kin of the"Davis’" and “Ellis” line - and that match was shrouded with a hatred known quite far and wide. Why? Honestly, Aurelia never quite knew. While her curiosity knew no bounds, Aure knew better than to broach the subject with her mother. In her household, discussions concerning the Davis family, if they occurred at all, were laden with harsh words or met with a resounding silence. Their name was taboo, not to be uttered within the walls of their home, a fact well-known and meticulously observed by all those who held the “Ellis” name.

However, as she gazed at the man before her, a peculiar sensation washed over Aurelia. For a fleeting moment, she detected something in his gaze—a look she had glimpsed for only a mere second. Perhaps not even that long. It was a look devoid of the emotions that had filled his eyes at the dance’s commencement, like a candle suddenly extinguished, and perhaps, Aurelia had unwittingly been the one to blow it out.

Whatever had occupied the man’s thoughts at the outset of their waltz had swiftly dissipated, replaced by an expression that did not sit well with Aurelia. It left her with a sense of unease, as if beneath the facade of their charade, something deeper simmered, something that defied the rigid boundaries of their family’s animosity.

No, she thought, dismissing the unease as nothing more than a trick of her fragmented mind, which had played such cruel tricks on her since she awakened from her long slumber after the injuries. That had to be it. As if to confirm this, the throbbing in her head dissipated with the man’s departure, a sign that seemed to say straying from her duty was not an option—just as her mother had reminded her earlier that morning. Aurelia Juliet Ellis, the eldest daughter of the Ellis household, had a role to fulfill, and an impression to set for her younger sister. It was a responsibility she took seriously, and one she had no intention of forsaking. Lord Harrison was simply an unwanted nuisance, one that she would avoid for the rest of the season.

Resolute in her thoughts, Aurelia gracefully made her way off the ballroom floor, her intention being to seek the refreshment she so desperately needed after the heated discussion that had transpired. However, just before she could reach her destination, her gaze caught sight of a familiar figure hastily walking onto the balcony, as if he were in a rush to escape. Escape what, she wondered? The answer eluded her, but a small ache tugged at her, urging her to find out.

STAY; it is not right, a voice in her head screamed, reminding her of her duty to stay, engage, and find a suitable future husband. But something in her heart called out to a man she felt she had not seen in an eternity—a close friend, a childhood friend, someone who held a special place in her heart. Their friendship had always been a source of comfort, and she could not resist the urge that propelled her legs to follow where he had disappeared.

As she stepped onto the brisk November evening, Aurelia found herself staring at the familiar silhouette of a man who seemed to be entranced by the stars. He stood there, bathed in the soft, silvery light of the moon, his chest rising and falling with each deep breath. The stars above seemed to twinkle in time with the rhythm of his thoughts, casting a gentle radiance upon his features. For a moment, Aure simply watched in silence, unable to tear her gaze away from him. Even without him noticing her, she felt a certain ease wash over her, a comfort he had always provided.

Aurelia could not help but wonder what had driven him to escape the ballroom with such haste. Recent memories of the man remained elusive, but one thing she knew for certain was that he had always been a good friend. Seeing him in this state stirred a sense of concern deep within her.

Without wasting another moment, Aure approached Orpheus with a warm, reassuring smile as she stood beside him on the balcony. She gently cleared her throat before speaking, her voice a gentle, yet teasing.

“I daresay, Lord Orpheus,” she began, her eyes twinkling with playful mischief, "I find the ladies in there may be far more captivating than the stars tonight. Although I do understand the necessity of a brief respite. The notion of a future partner hidden among those walls can be quite elusive, can it not?

She paused, her tone becoming more earnest as she continued. She missed him. While it had been a only year, Aurelia felt as if she lost so much more. Her memories of the man were hazy, at best. Though her recollection of who he was to her, and would always be remained. A friend - and currently a friend she wanted to make sure was okay. “Yet, any lady would consider herself most fortunate to be chosen as your bride, I am convinced.” Her voice softened with genuine affection. “And I am confident that destiny shall unveil the perfect match for you when the time arrives.”

With a mischievous grin soon meeting her lips once again, she added, “Even if your constant playing of new melodies at ungodly hours will occasionally try a lady’s patience to the very brink—beautiful as it may be.”

For a moment, Aurelia allowed her gaze to remain in his eyes - her smile softening in the comforting presence of her friend, despite him not uttering a word. Something was on his mind, truly. Letting the silence bathe them, Aurelia looked to the heavens. What a beauty the were - far more beautiful than she felt inside.

Though, after a moment, she allowed her finger pointing towards one bright one shining brighter than the rest. “You see there,” she said, her finger tracing a path through the heavens, “That star is Sirius, and it is always held a special place in the lore of the night sky. To the Egyptians, Sirus heralded the annual flooding of the Nile - giving both life and death. Some say it brings both good and bad luck. But on a night like tonight, with its brightness, I can not help but hope believe we may be graced with the more favorable side of its hand.”

Aurelia’s words had indeed filled the silence with a touch of wonder and whimsy, granting them a brief respite from the weight of their world and the intricacies of their lives as they contemplated the celestial beauty of Sirius. However, after a few moments of shared admiration, a hint of confusion crept across her features. It was a subtle falter, a brief pause in her reverie.

"How do I know this?" she mused aloud, her voice barely above a whisper. Her brow furrowed in mild perplexity. The knowledge of the stars and their stories had surfaced effortlessly, yet she couldn’t pinpoint when or where she had learned such information. Astronomy had never been a subject in her formal education, and this sudden awareness puzzled her.

The enigma of her own memories lingered in her gaze as she continued to gaze at Sirius, her thoughts briefly touching upon the mysterious facets of her past. Though, attempting to mask her confusion with a gentle smile, she spoke again, her voice carrying an adoring sincerity towards the man which was easy… despite her confusion with the earlier statement. " "I shall take my leave now, dear friend, as I suspect my absence will soon be noticed. But please, do save your last dance for me? There are matters we ought to discuss. I hope you are well, and that your family is in good health as well. I have yet to catch sight of your brother, but if he is the reason for your midnight escape under the starry sky, you may inform him that I am rather disappointed in him. Nevertheless, I look forward to our next meeting. "

With that, Aurelia gave her friend a gentle nod and turned to leave, her heart lightened by their encounter under the celestial canopy. As Aurelia prepared to take her leave, however, a mischievous glint danced in her eyes, and she could not resist adding a playful remark about Orpheus’s… lovely brother.

" Oh, and if I do happen to cross paths with your dear brother," she said with a chuckle, "I shall make sure to unwittingly drop my refreshment on him as a token of my disappointment. Until we meet again, dear friend." With a soft laugh, she turned and made her way back towards the bustling ballroom, leaving Orpheus to the tranquility of the night and the stars above.

@DandelionKate
@Kristi

5 Likes

the brightest star

Dance #2 : currently in between, moving toward next dance with Belle (@Kristi)

Orpheus had stood at the balcony railing for what felt like hours. He remained unmoving, his gaze turned upward to the skies above, ignoring the growing numbness in his fingertips. There was a peaceful comfort in the dark stillness that the night brought him. The world was black outside of a few stray lampposts and the stars that glimmered so softly above. It did not take long for the lingering sense of panic to die out as his focus turned to the sting of chill in his lungs with each deep breath.

Instead, however, his anxieties were replaced with thoughts. Deeply intrusive and blending together, his mind raced now in the stead of his heart.

The inside of Orpheus’ mind had always felt like a whirlwind of pure noise, no sound particularly distinguishable among the rest. A swirling blur of music, poems, thoughts, pains, and fears clouded his senses nearly every night.

He thought, perhaps tonight would be different given the overstimulation he was sure to brave in the ballroom, yet somehow, it seemed to enhance the sounds instead of providing relief.

He shut his eyes to the world, allowing himself to pull into the darkness as he took deep, purposeful breaths.

“Hush now…” He whispered to himself, trying to focus on the blank space behind his eyelids to drown out the noise. There was a certain comfort to that phrase. As if soothing a child. A lingering sort of maternal nurturing he often missed from his own, long passed, mama.

He had missed her most on nights such as these, ones filled with the joys of others. Ballrooms lined with mama’s desperately fixing their son’s hair, straightening their postures, scolding their social missteps. He often looked on in pained jealousy, wishing his own could have seen his debut into society.

Orpheus opened his eyes, glancing between the constellations.

Orion, Aquila, Carina

What would his mother think of him now? Now, as he stood atop a balcony, outside the most significant event of the season, glancing at the stars instead of the eyes of a lady.

‘Surely,’ He thought ‘She would be standing next to me, shielding my palms from the chill.’

It had been nearly 6 years since his mother had passed, and her loss was felt steadily throughout the empty Langston estate.

An estate that once felt like a home, but whose warmth left with his mother’s final breath.

His thoughts lingered on what it would be like tonight if perhaps his brother were still around as well. How he would have taken the place of mama and scolded him, chastising Orpheus for each flirtation or undignified glance as he had the previous season. Orpheus could hardly say he missed his brother, for they had never been that close, but perhaps it was the closeness of his passing that made the pain all the more prominent. Next month, to the day, would mark a year since his brother had passed.

There were nights, not too dissimilar to this one, where Orpheus’ mother would tell the boys stories of the heavens. How the stars above were souls lost, shining down on their loved ones for comfort as they made their way through dark nights. Orpheus clung desperately to that sentiment, his fixation with Astronomy growing from her stories. As his family was so ill-fated, the thought brought him immense comfort.

Tonight, it seemed his eyes could not be pulled from those same stars.

That was, until a soft voice, one he would recognize even in the darkest of nights, spoke his name.

Orpheus’ breath caught in his chest yet again. Perhaps it was his fate that each ill-fated relationship he had ever held would grace his presence on this very night.

Orpheus felt his palms tighten around the balcony railing, his gaze held steadfast on the sky. He dared not look at her.

“Yet, any lady would consider herself most fortunate to be chosen as your bride, I am convinced.” Her words cut deep, bringing acute awareness to the separation that still lingered between them.

His earlier excitement at her reappearance dissipated into the November air, replaced now by anxiety and fear.

‘Any lady?’ The thought amused him somewhat. ‘Any lady apart from you, it seems…’ Orpheus’ thoughts had not lingered on his lost love with Aurelia for some time. It had been nearly a year since their last meeting, and his heart had yearned for her gentle touch with each passing day. However, as it were now, he was unsure of where they stood.

As she spoke, he seemed to hold a growing awareness of her platonic, removed musings. She did not love him. Not anymore. It seems this was her way of making herself clear.

Did she feel the need to follow him into his escape from the weight of the ballroom simply to drive the dagger further into his chest? Was her intent to pain him? It seemed that way.

Yet, a pull in his chest pleaded with him to meet her eyes. His love for her had not wavered. Even in this moment, filled with confusion and distain, he longed for even the smallest glance.

Orpheus finally turned his head, forcing his gaze from the stars and into Aurelia’s eyes. Those eyes that he had grown to memorize. Every fleck, every detail, every movement. Eyes that had seen his most vulnerable moments and held him steady when all else seemed to crumble. Eyes of the woman he loved. Yet, when he looked upon her this time, even coated in starlight, there was an emptiness there. The spark that once set alight his own flame at each passing glance they shared had fallen from her gaze.

“That star is Sirius, and it is always held a special place in the lore of the night sky. To the Egyptians…” Aurelia continued, but Orpheus had quickly tuned her out, his breath quickening yet again. His vision became narrowed, blending with the darkness of the night. The feeling of undeniable panic washing over his senses became stronger than before. Orpheus could feel his face heat up with emotion, his stomach turning with each word she spoke.

She spoke of the stars.

Yes, he had known that very star.

A leading star in Canis Major, one of her favorite of the constellations.

For he had been the one to show her.

He had spent countless nights, sprawled out on back garden doorsteps at her side, counting as many flecks in the sky as the two could collectively remember. He had held her hand, two young friends, traversing the universe in each momentary glance above.

He had reiterated his mother’s stories to her, rambling on about the histories of their names and the constellations they were tangled into.

Had she forgotten? Or were her words insidious in their utterance?

“How do I know this?” Aurelia’s tone suggested she was, indeed, contemplating the answer to such a question. A question, he believed she never would have had to ask herself at all.

Orpheus remained silent, the sharpness of her words continuing to fall onto him like hundreds of shards of the sharpest glass, cast down from the heavens themselves.

“I have yet to catch sight of your brother…” Aurelia continued, her mind seemingly wandering back toward the ballroom.

Orpheus felt all the air expelled from his lungs, leaving him gasping in a world momentarily devoid of oxygen. He had been frozen, grappling to inhale the very essence of his own life she had just stolen from his chest.

The realization unfurled before him like the first rays of dawn breaking through a long night’s darkness. It was as if a veil had been lifted from his mind, and suddenly, everything became crystal clear.

She truly did not remember.

Her words were not meant in spite, instead, they were spoken in pure ignorance.

Her mind had been void of his entire recent existence. She knew not of their romance, of their courtship, of his own brother’s passing.

It was as if entire months had been pulled from her reach. Taking alongside them their most intimate of conversations, their most vulnerable of interactions, and the very basis of his love for her.

All that remained, in her mind, was a friend. A friend of a past life she seemed strained to recall.

Orpheus fell back into the railing as she moved away toward the ballroom yet again, leaving him to his growing realizations.

Her words had been a corrosive acid, eating away at the delicate fabric of his already fragile mind. They churned in the far reaches of his thoughts, each one a dagger twisting in his gut. The knowledge of her condition created an unbearable torment; creating a festering, visceral nausea rising within him. An overwhelming sensation of queasiness that threatened to spill forth with the weight of the turmoil within. Orpheus tried to still himself against the railing, his mind and body engaged in a bitter feud where the anguish of his thoughts manifested physically, leaving him trembling and incapacitated, longing for relief from the torment.

Orpheus felt his stomach turn one final time, his throat burning with the sudden heat of his own vomit spilling over the edge of the railing.

With that, he stumbled back into the ballroom, his vision still blackening around the edges, threatening to pull him into darkness. He reached for a glass of champagne to both calm his panic and drown out the stench of his release.

Then he reached for another.

And another.

Until his vision became light again, if not more out of focus than before.

Still, it had been better than living in the idea of forgetting. Of being forgotten.

His greatest fear had finally been realized. He had lost her. Truly, and undeniably, she was gone. At least, in many of the ways that had mattered most.

Her mind taking her memories and his heart, leaving both to rot in the past.

Orpheus’ hand wrapped around the stem of another champagne flute, his eyes forcing themselves awake again.

As he drank, the chilled numbness of his fingers from the air outside was lost to the numbness the liquid provided him. He preferred the latter.

Orpheus stood, glancing about the ballroom. Where had she gone? Should he have spoken to her then? Told her of all she had lost? Perhaps he would jog her memory of their times together, pull her from the blockage of her own mind.

Or perhaps-

His eyes lingered on a familiar figure, a woman whose distain for him was far from understated.

At the very least, distain implied a remembrance. Distain implied a lack of rejection as it was always assumed.

“Lady Belle…” Orpheus said, attempting to appear strait-laced as he approached her. Orpheus was known to hold his alcohol in higher quantities than this, so the effects had been far from noticeable in his current state.

“Would you do me the honor of relieving my current, aching loneliness, and grace me with your gentle hand in a dance?” Orpheus extended his palm, using his social standing and position to ensure her swift acceptance.

Perhaps there was a longing for the known. For the stable. Something he lacked in his recent years. Something Lady Belle often provided him. Belle never wavered in her opinions nor conceded her thoughts to any man nor woman. Her displeasure with his presence was an anchor. A constant in times where his life threatened to pull him in every other direction.

Perhaps, he thought, stable was all he needed now.

4 Likes

Joana shrugged at his comment of not trying to suggest anything with his question about her family. “Every family has a secret, that’s why the woman of the ton are so fixated on gossip. its the reason I needed to clarify to you as well, words have more power than one can imagine” she spoke before smiling “but aldus is life” she added also as a respond to him apologizing for not taking a lady’s position into consideration. She didn’t blame him, her mama often told her she thought ahead of her time.
As Bainbridge changed invited her to dance she wanted to sigh but held it in. It was no rejection towards him, as he was far from unpleasant in both looks and as someone to talk to.
As he lead her to the dancefloor, they got into position and Joane instantly felt one with the soft flowing music of the life orchestra. They started dancing but as it was one of the traditional dances, she felt stiff and held back. Sometimes she felt herself unconsciously trying to take over the lead purely so she can let her body move the way it wants to.
Joane felt a little bad as he wasn’t a bad dancer either nor a bad dance partner. His shoulders were a little bit about her, making it the perfect hight to get support without losing an elegant
“I apologize if I accidentally try to steal the lead during our dance, I assure you it it’s in no way something lacking on your part. When it comes to dance, music and my body usually find a Harmony on their own, but tonight is not the night to display such movements, although it is still hard to keep it in” she explained with a slight chuckle. She wasn’t ashamed of her free dancing spirit and loved dancing, but not when surrounded by people who do not welcome it, nor does she want to add to the family to be seen as an odd one.
@LunaticLeviTheSecond

4 Likes

In between dance number one and number two

How enthusiastic Albina had been about their dance before, she could not help but feel like something was off with him now after she had touched him. Her mind went to a place of worry, as she felt her actions might have caused the way he was now acting. Had she been too forward, had he not liked it? She decided to not bring it up now however, and talk to him soon at a hopefully quieter moment about, where they could talk more freely. Things went on, and Orpheus seemed to get more comfortable again.
While Albina had not necessarily liked hearing Orpheus considered himself as a self-important man, Albina had quickly forgotten about that as he complimented both her appearance and personality. “Thank you, for your kind words.”, she said, with a genuine smile on her face.
“Maybe you should indeed, because people who are in front of you now, might not be there forever.” Albina was happy that she had a chance with Orpheus this season, at least for the most part, cause she felt he was checking off again. It made her insecure, did he even like her? He had matters to prove to her over the season. It meant something to her, their dance, and she had most certainly felt something during their dance. She hoped he would not just take off with the next lady he would be dancing with.
She made a bow to him: “It was a pleasure indeed.,”
She had wanted to say more, but she had no chance as he was already walking off. Albina did not like how he was just walking off as quickly as he could, she felt they had shared a lovely dance. You don’t run out from a dance you had enjoyed like that. She shook her hand and let out a sigh. She just was so confused about the way their dance had ended, about him. But at the same time, she could not help but want to learn everything about him. Why he did this, what makes him the way he is.
She walked over to her mother, as she saw her wish to talk to her. “Oh, no, what this time?” were the thoughts running through her head “Who does she want to introduce to me now, or what have I done wrong?” As she got closer to her mother, who was standing by herself in a quiet corner, she could certainly see the expression on her face, and she knew that like any other, her mother was fuming at her.
“Albina, your conduct this evening has been most inappropriate! I have observed your overly familiar interactions on the dance floor, and I must express my deep displeasure. You are not here to engage in improper behavior but to maintain our family’s reputation. I insist that you immediately cease this touchy-feely behavior, or there will be consequences. Now, find a more respectable young gentlemen to dance with.”
Albina was in turn pissed off with her mother, they had not done anything that was too inappropriate, sure there were a few touches her and there, but nothing that would tarnish her reputation, or so she taught. She thought she had hidden and incorporated it into the dance in such a way it had not been too noticeable. She knew better than to talk back to her mother however, and the next dance would be starting shortly, which she did not want to miss. So she gave her mom a nod indicating she would not be touching at the next dances outside of the required touching for the dances that is. She walked off, hoping to find another dance. The last sentence her mother spoke however, it made Albina think. She had thought of Orpheus as a respectable men, what did her mother know about him that she did not? She had been initiating most of their touching, that could not be blamed on him. It would not have made him a less respectable gentlemen in her eyes either, if he would have been more physical, as long as it was with her permission. Where most of Albina’s worries were, was in the way he had walked off indeed, that was not the way a gentlemen left a dance he had enjoyed.
By now, she had almost walked along the whole wall of the dance floor, and not been asked for a next dance or approached for a conversation. She started worrying maybe her reputation had in fact been ruined by her previous dance. The past season, she could barely walk for a single second or a lord would have asked for some of her time.

@sunflowerjm - Atlas
@DandelionKate - Orpheus

5 Likes