Bridgerton | Sign Ups and Chat

I think for their actual interactions we should all try writing regency style tbh

2 Likes

Wait, none of my interactions up to now were like this lol ā€¦ Can you check the posts Iā€™ve made and see if their conversations sound historical enough?

1 Like

I mean, itā€™s not at all close to how people would interact and talk in the regency era if Iā€™m completely honest. That said tho, I donā€™t think itā€™s written in a way that it would be a problem!

2 Likes

Anyone want to do a Misc with Louisa? Itā€™ll be quite a while before I respondŁ« though. Tomorrow at the latest.

1 Like

maybe belle and her friendship?

1 Like

I like that. Iā€™m on my phoneŁ« so I wonā€™t respondŁ« but go ahead.

1 Like

I prefer the non-historical writing style :joy: trying to process what the words mean while reading takes too long. my last misc post with Corin is probably how Iā€™m going to keep writing from here on out

3 Likes

Just quoting this from the rules @LunaticLeviTheSecond and @DandelionKate

4 Likes

I feel like it was decent. did you read my last misc post? I feel like it was historical enough without being too much :joy: I just wrote how I normally would with a couple of adjustments. I think maintaining their voice in actual speech rather than narrative filler is more important
but read it and let me know if you think itā€™s not enough

2 Likes

I did read it, Iā€™m just a bit torn where the line is what works and what doesnā€™t. I think your post should be okay tho, and it is a fair point it should still be easily readable for everyone so going too strongly on the Bridgerton speech wonā€™t really work either :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, can do that today. (If I donā€™t by tonight, remind me)

1 Like

I agree it is hard to get in the mindset to tlak that way

I tried, not sure if I succeeded

2 Likes

What exactly do you think falls under Bridgerton talk?

1 Like

regency talk

2 Likes

I need to look that upā€¦

Yes, exactly, because the way Bridgerton is written is way over top and I donā€™t like it at all. Some of it sounds forced and really awkward and Iā€™ve been watching this tv show thatā€™s set in the 1700s and 1900s (a bit of time jumping) and all the English characters and French characters from the 1700s donā€™t sound so forced. The thing I do is use words they would use. Like amiable, disposition, etc etcā€¦ And thatā€™s enough by me

Bridgerton talk is not the same as Regency talk, at least from what I can tell

2 Likes

How so?

Idk ā€¦ Just something about it seems so different ā€¦ Maybe itā€™s the accents?

1 Like

I think it seems forced bc itā€™s not like usual terms and phrases theyā€™d use. I def noticed when I watched too that some lines just came across cringe bc it seemed like they didnā€™t know how to say it :joy::joy:

1 Like